Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

This character is tied to fiend's

Spoiler

Name: Vedal.

Physical Characteristics: 5'5". Willowy build. Dirty blonde hair that's in a braid to her hips. light blue eyes.

Investiture: Is an Edgedancer squire to her brother(60).  

Skills: She's smart(15) and scholarly (30) with a keen interest in investiture and its many forms.   

Equipment: She carries a bag that has lots of infused spheres.

Weakness: She's heavily reliant to her brother, never straying far from him. Her powers go away if they're not close(-20?) She has no fighting skills(-5?) She has an intense fear of being abandoned or left alone(-5?). Is terrified of the dark(-5?)

Family: She has an older brother, Nodalin, whom she loves. Her parents were abusive and she has repressed memories of them.

Home Planet: Roshar.

Backstory: Grew up in an abusive family. Her brother found a way for them to escape when she was 11. She has traveled with him for all her life and has become relatively knowledgeable of how investiture works.  

Personality: She's quirky and shy. She enjoys talking with people but can also be rather reserved.  

Fighting Style: In the rare cases where her brother isn't there to protect her she uses plants to restrain her opponents or flees using abrasion.   

If I counted correctly it comes out to 90 points.

I've decided to shelve Jasper for the time being:-)

I took a look at your characters. I added my rating in your quotes in green.

8 hours ago, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Investiture: Edgedancer (3rd oath)(160)

2nd oath: I'll remember the forgotten. (do you have an idea how you want to include that in the rp? I have to admit I see no great influence on the actions of your character, so I'd go with 5, same as the first one)

3rd oath: I'll champion the ignored. (see above)

Skills: Average skill with swords (35)

Equipment: Shardblade.

Weakness: His little sister is a weak spot, he would do anything for her commit any crime to keep her safe(-20, as the sister in an active character as well). Doesn't trust people(-5). His left leg is crippled from a time his father was punishing him for his "stupidity". The wound has never healed with stormlight. He can still get around using abrasion to glide with his left leg used for steering, but standing still or normal walking is difficult(-15)

Character approved.

8 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Investiture: Is an Edgedancer squire to her brother(60).  

Skills: She's smart(15) and scholarly (30 - skilled) with a keen interest in investiture and its many forms.   

Equipment: She carries a bag that has lots of infused spheres.

Weakness: She's heavily reliant to her brother, never straying far from him. Her powers go away if they're not close (part of being a squire, points can be substracted if you lower it significantly below what we see in the books) She has no fighting skills (a decision on your part and not a weakness) She has an intense fear of being abandoned or left alone (5). Is terrified of the dark (5 if it's absolute darkness, can be more depending on how dark it has to be)

Character approved.

============

@MacThorstenson

Could you please add the characters to the list? Thank you?

Revsed Hydries La @Voidus

Spoiler

Name: Hydries La (AKA Shattermind)

AppearanceA 5'5" pretty female age 25 with stunning blue eyes and a fondness for wearing pretty things.

Investiture: Epic, 

Primary Power: Ability to make people insane by breaking their mind, can only be activated by touching a person and forcing their mind to break, not a passive ability. (Cannot use after being stung by a wasp.) 

Secondary Power: Can sense the emotions of others in a room and who they are directed toward. Passive ability, Danger Sense as she can feel when someone will hurt her.  THIS IS NOT MIND READING, SHE CAN ONLY FEEL THEIR EMOTIONS NOT INFLUENCE THEM.

Skills: Average hand to hand and melee weapons training

Weakness: 

Epic Weakness: Wasps, hornets, scorpions, bees, ants

Regular Weakness: Not very observant, will walk right into a dangerous situation and not care until she is in danger. Even though she can sence them she is bad at interpreting other peoples emotions. Cannot use primary power, unless bit by a bullet ant, which she is terrified of, and her primary power will then only work on a person for around ten minutes.

Family: Vio Lin, Vio La 

Home Planet: Calamity Reconer Earth

Backstory: Currently Unknown

Guild: None

Theme Song: Nothing

Mind: Stable

Edited by Oduim's Chmapion

15 minutes ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Revsed Hydries La @Voidus

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Hydries La (AKA Shattermind)

AppearanceA 5'5" pretty female age 25 with stunning blue eyes and a fondness for wearing pretty things.

Investiture: Epic, 

Primary Power: Ability to make people insane by breaking their mind, can only be activated by touching a person and forcing their mind to break, not a passive ability. (Cannot use after being stung by a wasp.) 

Secondary Power: Can sense the emotions of others in a room and who they are directed toward. Passive ability, Danger Sense as she can feel when someone will hurt her.  THIS IS NOT MIND READING, SHE CAN ONLY FEEL THEIR EMOTIONS NOT INFLUENCE THEM.

Skills: Average hand to hand and melee weapons training

Weakness: 

Epic Weakness: Wasps, hornets, scorpions, bees, ants

Regular Weakness: Not very observant, will walk right into a dangerous situation and not care until she is in danger. Even though she can sence them she is bad at interpreting other peoples emotions. Cannot use primary power, unless bit by a bullet ant, which she is terrified of, and her primary power will then only work on a person for around ten minutes.

Family: Vio Lin, Vio La 

Home Planet: Calamity Reconer Earth

Backstory: Currently Unknown

Guild: None

Theme Song: Nothing

Mind: Stable

The problem as I'd see it with this one is that while this may be a pretty severe weakness for the character, it's also not that difficult to get around. 10 minutes is definitely better and enough that this is technically within point totals now, but I'm still a little hesitant about a power that can completely take someone out of a scene with no way to reverse it other than to wait.
I'd say we'd probably still need to limit this to only being used with NPCs or with players permissions, but then we could drop the requirement to be bitten by an ant (Also because that seems kind of weird and arbitrary to me, I get that it's to try to limit them but that seems really specific for an Epic power)

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

The problem as I'd see it with this one is that while this may be a pretty severe weakness for the character, it's also not that difficult to get around. 10 minutes is definitely better and enough that this is technically within point totals now, but I'm still a little hesitant about a power that can completely take someone out of a scene with no way to reverse it other than to wait.
I'd say we'd probably still need to limit this to only being used with NPCs or with players permissions, but then we could drop the requirement to be bitten by an ant (Also because that seems kind of weird and arbitrary to me, I get that it's to try to limit them but that seems really specific for an Epic power)

Darn I like strange and odd epic weakness, like Kool-aid. Anyway i pleadge not to use it on any player without their permission. Also they get to deside how their player acts while insane. 

Just now, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Darn I like strange and odd epic weakness, like Kool-aid. Anyway i pleadge not to use it on any player without their permission. Also they get to deside how their player acts while insane. 

Happy to approve that.
And I also like weird weaknesses, but this was kind of the opposite. Needing to be bitten by an ant in order to use the power is the opposite of how Epic weaknesses usually work :P

I'll add it to the list.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Happy to approve that.
And I also like weird weaknesses, but this was kind of the opposite. Needing to be bitten by an ant in order to use the power is the opposite of how Epic weaknesses usually work :P

I'll add it to the list.

Thanks. About the ant, I was thinking that since she is still Calamity she needs to face her weakness, one of which happens to be ants.

1 minute ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Thanks. About the ant, I was thinking that since she is still Calamity she needs to face her weakness, one of which happens to be ants.

She could deliberately do that as part of her character if you can justify it, but deliberately exposing herself to her weakness would cancel or limit the power, not enable it to happen.

I now present my brand new character after months of not having any, Oswald P. Steamer!

Spoiler

Name: Oswald P. Steamer

Appearance: He is a caucasian male that is 6’ 5 and a thin body. He has a tall-ish, sharp face with a pointy nose. He has jet black slicked back hair, blue eyes, a pencil mustache and a triangular goatee. He wears a white button up shirt, a light green vest with a swirly pattern, a red ascot, a dark red long overcoat, and a black high top hat with a light green band. He also wears black slacks and a pair of black oxford shoes.

Investiture: Oculator. 

Skills: He is an extremely skilled showman and liar. He is also a decent Oculator. He can also play the fiddle.

Equipment: He has a pair of Disguiser’s lenses, a pair of Truthfinder’s lenses, a pair of Tracker’s lenses, and a pair of Firebringer’s lenses.

Weakness: He is not very skilled in any form of combat besides Oculator, also he’s scared of birds.

Backstory: He was born to Jinny and Rickety Steamer in a small cabin near the city where he went to school. He eventually started scamming his classmates but he constantly got in trouble, until he thought of something, what if he was an honest businessman part of the time and a liar the rest? This works out really well as it turns out because he got the most well liked students on his side and scammed the less popular students, and when he finally found he was an oculator, he evolved his scams in interesting ways such as using disguiser's lense to make sure if caught, he wouldn’t be blamed for it. Once he graduated he started traveling to towns, lying, scamming, and once he got all he wanted or was found out, he moved onto the next town, repeating the cycle. Eventually he started running low on new places to go so he decided he would go somewhere with a large criminal underworld, many gullible people, and lots of magic users. So he naturally chose the Alleycity.

Personality: Confident, greedy, and unless you are important or have connections he will most likely try to scam you. Pretty nice until you start making things difficult for him. Besides that he's pretty easy going, and won’t try to be rude or mean.

Edited by Meep Meepins

Name: Oswald P. Steamer

Appearance: He is a caucasian male that is 6’ 5 and a thin body. He has a tall-ish, sharp face with a pointy nose. He has jet black slicked back hair, blue eyes, a pencil mustache and a triangular goatee. He wears a white button up shirt, a light green vest with a swirly pattern, a red ascot, a dark red long overcoat, and a black high top hat with a light green band. He also wears black slacks and a pair of black oxford shoes.

Investiture: Oculator. 

Skills: He is an extremely skilled showman and liar. He is also a decent Oculator. He can also play the fiddle.

Equipment: He has a pair of Disguiser’s lenses, a pair of Truthfinder’s lenses, a pair of Tracker’s lenses, and a pair of Firebringer’s lenses.

Weakness: He is not very skilled in any form of combat besides Oculator, also he’s scared of birds.

Backstory: He was born to Jinny and Rickety Steamer in a small cabin near the city where he went to school. He eventually started scamming his classmates but he constantly got in trouble, until he thought of something, what if he was an honest businessman part of the time and a liar the rest? This works out really well as it turns out because he got the most well liked students on his side and scammed the less popular students, and when he finally found he was an oculator, he evolved his scams in interesting ways such as using disguiser's lense to make sure if caught, he wouldn’t be blamed for it. Once he graduated he started traveling to towns, lying, scamming, and once he got all he wanted or was found out, he moved onto the next town, repeating the cycle. Eventually he started running low on new places to go so he decided he would go somewhere with a large criminal underworld, many gullible people, and lots of magic users. So he naturally chose the Alleycity.

Personality: Confident, greedy, and unless you are important or have connections he will most likely try to scam you. Pretty nice until you start making things difficult for him. Besides that he's pretty easy going, and won’t try to be rude or mean.

40 for being an occulator, plus 85 for all of his lenses brings the magic out to 125. 

I would give it about 35 for the skills. 

I would put about 5 for the weaknesses. The lack of skill around different methods of combat isn't exactly a weakness, as it would usually add points to his score.

In addition I have yet to see a bird appear in the alleyverse besides the phoenix. 

I think that you will either need to remove a pair of lenses, or add on more weaknesses.

@Clyde Meepins

Edited by MacThorstenson

37 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

In addition I have yet to see a bird appear in the alleyverse besides the phoenix. 

The DA’s penguins. Then again, everyone is scared of them. 

On 7/22/2018 at 10:07 PM, Voidus said:

Era Three Alleyverse Characters

Yo ho ho! Us mini-mods have seized this ‘ere undefended post to bury write messages of our own in. These are not Voidus’ words. We’re just using his post because shiver me timbers, the above one was getting laggy. – Archer & Lord Meeker

Voidus has since launched his defensive systems and is also overseeing the adjustments to this post, this seems to have caused some lag in this post as well so we might be spreading our invasion further soon.

Hello!

Welcome to the Character creation guidelines post. Here we will outline the general rules and steps you should take around creating a character.

We are in Era 4 now, but still have the same character creation guidelines as era three. What this means is that we have a point system for ranking characters skills, gear, and investiture/magic. This point system is found inside of the index below. You can create any character you want, the powers listed in the index are designed for ranking and approving characters. Especially if this is your first character, don't worry too much about ranking them correctly, we can always help you with that.

Here are some steps you can take to create your character:

1. Decide what kind of character you want to play. Someone with Investiture? A thief? Maybe a warrior with a shardblade? Anything Brandon uses in his books is possible.
  2. Think about strengths and weaknesses. What skills do you need/ which Investiture? What weaknesses (e.g. fears, moral codes, ...) does your character have.
  3. Try to answer the following questions: Where is your character from? What happened to him so far? Does he have family/ friends? What motivates him, which subjects atch his attention?
  4. Fill out a character sheet. You can find an empty template below.
  5. Send your character to a mod or post the character sheet in this thread (at the moment: Voidus, MacThorstenson, Sorana, I think I am here., Nohadon) so that they can aprrove it. We recommend posting the character in the thread, as other player can look it over as well and offer some advice.
  6. Your character got approved? Great! You are ready to start!

Here is a filled out character sheet as an example and below it is a  blank character sheet:

Example Character Bio: (filled in template)

This is a sample bio, loosely based off the character Vin from the Mistborn series. Please note that she would be OP for this era. The first nine fields listed are ones I believe all bios should include. The ones after that are optional. You may add more fields than the ones shown below as well to give the reader a better understanding of your character.

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Vin. Sometimes uses the alias Valette Renoux.

Physical Characteristics: A twenty-five-year-old half-skaa woman. Thin, but strong. Shoulder-length brown hair. Brown eyes. Often wears a mistcloak or a noblewoman disguise. 

Investiture: Mistborn (strong: can pierce copperclouds)

Skills: Trained for three years in the use of knives and swords. She is especially good at using koloss swords when burning pewter.

Equipment: Carries two glass knives and a vial of metals.

Weakness: Strong desire to protect her friends. Unable to fight without allomancy. Has a hemalurgic spike in her ear that strong emotional allomancers could exploit.

Family: Daughter of nobleman Tevidian Tekiel. Has a sister, and a brother named Reen. Married to Elend Venture.

Home Planet: Scadrial.

Backstory: [Mistborn spoilers to follow] Vin was born to Tevidian Tekiel's skaa mistress in year 1005 FE in Luthadel and was raised by her half brother Reen. The two lived on the streets and worked in the underground, until eventually coming to work in Camon's crew. She was recruited by Kelsier for his crew as a teenager. Working with him, she infiltrated the nobility under the guise of Valette Renoux, eventually helping to save the survivors of the skaa rebellion's army and destabilizing the local government. She had to skip town after that to avoid arrest for the murder of the Lord Ruler, so she joined a travelling worldhopper on a trip to the Alleyplanet. Now an adult, she found work as a freelance adventurer, accepting payment in cash or rare metals. 

Guild: Unaffiliated.

Psyche: Generally optimistic and friendly, but prone to bouts of self-doubt and murderous rage.

Personality: Aggressive and motivated.

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song: Wandersail by The Black Piper.

Fighting Style: Picks individual targets and chases them relentlessly until she can get close enough to stab them. When fighting groups, she uses rioting to distract them, then attacks with pewter-enhanced swings of her sword.

Blank character sheet:

Reveal hidden contents

Name

Physical Characteristics

Investiture

Skills:

Equipment:

Weakness:

Family:

Home Planet

Backstory:

Guild:

Psyche:

Personality

Appearance[The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song:

Fighting Style:

This is the Index. The index is a list of all powers/ pieces of technology you can find in Brandon's books (that we thought of at least). It contains several pieces of advice for creating characters that might help you along with creating your character. Our mods base their rankings of different characters on the index, so a look might tell you wether the power level you have in mind is within the current borders of the rp, or not.

The Index (Last updated: September 13th, 2019

Reveal hidden contents

Introduction

The Index is a resource created for the analysis of Era Three/ Four characters. Moderators may consult the Index during the approval process, but are encouraged to use their discretion above all.  The recommended cap for a character is 150 points. 100 of these may be used for points from any category, like magic. 50 of the points may only be used for skills.

Every character has three categories to spend points on. Skills (like weapon training or assassination), Magic (like Allomancy or being a Knight Radiant) or Technology & Tools (like Motivators or Fabrials).

Additionally a character should have at least one weakness. A weakness can be anything, from a bad temper or a tendency to provoke fights, to missing limbs. The greater the impact of a weakness is on a character and their skills, the more points can be substracted.

Characters who are overpowered but entirely non-combative should be given exemptions and are allowed to exceed the point cap. Characters who are savants or otherwise more capable than the average person at using their magical power should be assigned additional points for their proficiency. Similarly, weak users of a power should see their score diminish. The suggested scores are meant as a guideline only.

Powers not listed on the Index should still be considered. Assigning them scores based on the point allotment for similar powers is recommended.

Special Skills

Most people have basic skills like the ability to cook, do what they were taught in school, and perform their duties at their place of employment. It is assumed that everyone will have a base level of ability. If they do not, that could be considered to be a weakness. But the average person does not have extensive combat training or is a skilled thief, hence points are assigned to those who are.

Skills of note that are not listed may still be allotted points. For example, excellence in acrobatics or being an artifabrian could add to a character’s score.

Reveal hidden contents

Skill Levels:

• Amateur: 3-11 months of training

• Average: 1 year to 5 years of training

• Skilled: 5-10 years of training

• Expert: 10-15 years of training

Assassination (includes assassination related skills like sneaking, certain level of bodily fitness,…) :

• Amateur: 20

• Average: 40

• Skilled: 60

• Expert: 80

Handiwork (includes skills for a character to able to perform a trade they learned, trades could be e.g. Creating Fabrials, Poison Mixing, Healing, …):

• Amateur: 5

• Average: 15

• Skilled: 25

• Expert: 40

Scholarship (Analysis, Base Knowledge, or extended knowledge in a certain field of research e.g. Investiture):

• Amateur: 10

• Average: 20

• Skilled: 30

• Expert: 40

Thievery (includes Thievery related skills like picking pokets or breaking into houses)

• Average: 25

• Skilled: 40

• Expert: 60

Hand to Hand Combat Training (Martial Arts, Boxing, etc.):

• Average: 20

• Skilled: 30

• Expert: 50

Melee Weapon Combat Training (Swords, Knives, Staffs, etc.)

• Amateur: 20

• Average: 35

• Skilled: 50

• Expert: 75

Projectile Weapon Combat Training (Guns, Bows, Knives, etc.):

• Amateur: 30

• Average: 45

• Skilled: 60

• Expert: 80

Intelligence (Ability to learn new skills, ability to understand complex subjects, etc.):

• Average: 0

• Smart: 15

• Intelligent: 30

• Genius: 45

• Mastermind: 65

Magical Abilities

(= Investiture for Cosmere related planets)

Entries denoted by an asterisk are powers that come from having a non-human physiology.

The list is alphabetically sorted, based on the names of the plantes or the titles of the short stories.

Reveal hidden contents

Alleyplanet (Alleyverse)

User of Voidmaking: Rank on a scale of one to ten based on willpower, strength, and experience. Multiply by five and add 65.

Example: A voidmaker who recently received their powers, has limited offensive capabilities, and a standard level of magic suppression ability: +70

Detritus (Skyward)

[Redacted while the spoiler suppression period is in effect.]

Earth (Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians)

• Crystin: +25

• Smedry Talent: Impure, +25, Prime, +50, Dark Talent, +150

• Oculator/User of Blood-Forged Lenses: +40

• Alivened augmentations: +15

Earth (Defending Elysium)

• Sense: +10

• Mind Blades: +40

• FTL transport: +40

• Cytonic suppression: +20

• Mental Link: +25

Earth (Dreamer from Games Creatures Play)

• Body Stealing Ability: +800 (+500 if you promise to only steal your own characters or npc's and those that have given you express permission).

Earth (The Reckoners)

• Epic Power: Counting primary, secondary, and tertiary powers all together and subtracting the impact their weakness has on their ability, rank on scale of 1 – 10 based on power output and usefulness. Multiply score by 10 and add 20.

• Additional Prime Invincibility (High Epic): +20 (or +40 if also lacking a weakness)

• Post-Calamity Epic (no Epic weakness): +5

• Examples: Donny ‘Curveball’ Harrison = 30, Knoxx = 40, Refractionary = 70, Obliteration = 160

[Whenever possible, instead of using the above scoring methodology, consult Voidus about Epic characters. He has a system.]

Earth (The Rithmatist)

• Rithmatist: +30

• Melody-level ability: An additional +30

Firstborn

note: more points may be alloted depending on the strength of the technology

• Personal Shield: +40

• Laser gun: +35

First of the Sun (Sixth of the Dusk)

• Aviar: +10-50 per depending on ability

Cognitive disguise Aviar (e.g. Kokerlii): +35 (see Allomantic copper)
    Spiritual warning Aviar (e.g. Sak): +40 (see Allomantic electrum)

(Infinity Blade)

• Deathless: Rank by their amount of experience.
    New: +50
    Old: +75
    Veteran: +100
    Very Experienced: +150
    Witnessed the Creation of the Civilized World: +200

Imperium (Aether of Night)

• Amberite Bond: +45

• Verdant Bond: +45

• Bestarian Bond: +25

• Ferrous Bond: +10

• Luminous Bond: +30

• Night Bond: +50

Lukarvia (I Hate Dragons)

• Knack: Rank each knack’s power on a scale of 1 – 5. Multiply by five.

Milky Way Galaxy (Warhammer 40k)

If you choose to play a Space Marine, you must spend a certain amount of your points on specific abilities, for balance purposes.

All Space Marines Must Take the Following:

Power Armor [+40]: Although technological rather than magical, power armor is equivalent to Shardplate in every way, with the same enhancements and weaknesses.

• Tactical Dreadnought Armor[+60]: A variant of normal power armor, tactical dreadnought armor (known as terminator armor) has greatly increased protection and durability, as well as a built-in ability to use teleportation technology. However, terminator armor is bulkier and more awkward than normal power armor. Think "bull in a china shop" clumsy.

Enhancements[+5]: These are the organs all Space Marines are implanted with. See here for more details- most of the powers are pretty niche, so they're not worth many points.

Weapon Choices:

Bolter/Bolt Pistol [+0]: The bolter fires .75 caliber shells that explode on contact with an enemy. In theory, this is powerful. In practice, with other characters in the equation, you can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with these.

Chainsword [+5]: A sword-chainsaw, sized for a 7-ft tall person. Standard practice is to line the teeth and casing with aluminum.

Plasma Gun/Plasma Pistol [+35]: These weapons fire gouts of super-heated plasma. A single hit from this will annihilate an unarmored human, seriously crack or break Shardplate, immobilize a tank, or blow up a heavy weapon emplacement. However, plasma guns are extremely volatile. If a plasma gun takes a solid hit while being used, or random chance decides to screw with you, the gun will explode, seriously injuring or maiming you at least.

Nalthis (Warbreaker)

• First Heightening: +55

• Second Heightening: +65

• Third Heightening: +75

• Fourth Heightening: +100

• Fifth Heightening: +150

• Returned: +55

Roshar (The Stormlight Archive)

Knight Radiant:  

• First Ideal:
    90 - 5 (first oath) - (point amount for being broken for the bond to form)

• Second ideal:
    110 - 5 (first oath) - (point amount based on the second oath told) - (point amount for being broken for the bond to form)

• Third Ideal:
    160 - 5 (first oath) - (point amount based on the second oath told) - (point amount based on third oath told) - (point amount for being broken for the bond to form)

• Fourth Ideal:
    200 - 5 (first oath) - (point amount based on the second oath told) - (point amount based on third oath told) - (point amount based on fourth oath told) - (point amount for being broken for the bond to form)

Knight Radiant Squire: +60

Old Magic Boon/Bane: Treat like an Epic Power [see: Earth (The Reckoners)], but the minimum is 5 instead.

*Dysian Aimian: +45

*Siah Aimian: +45

*Singer: +20

*Spren: 0

Scadrial (Mistborn)

[Note: Level distinctions are non-canon.]

Allomancy

• Misting: Aluminum, Lerasium (without access to the metal) and duralumin, +5
    Level One: Brass, Bronze, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Gold, Malatium, Nicrosil, Tin, Zinc (+35)
    Level Two: Bendalloy, Electrum, Iron, Steel, Pewter (+45)
    Level Three: Atium (+55)

• Mistborn: +160

Feruchemy

• Ferring:
    Level One: Aluminum, Atium, Brass, Bendalloy, Bronze, Cadmium, Copper, Electrum, Duralumin, Nicrosil, Tin, Zinc (+30)
    Level Two: Iron, Pewter, Malatium (+40)
    Level Three: Chromium, Gold, Steel (+50)

• Feruchemist: +150

Complimentary Twinborn Combination: +10

Compounder

• Compounder: Level One, +100, Level Two, +120, Level Three, +140
    Level One: Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, Cadmium, Copper, Duralumin, Electrum, Tin, Zinc (+100)
    Level Two: Bendalloy, Iron, Pewter (+120)
    Level Three: Atium, Chromium, Gold, Nicrosil, Steel (+140)

Fullborn: +1000

Hemalurgist: See hemalurgy section of the materials list.

*Kandra: Rank based on skill level and skeleton type on a scale of 1-10. Multiply by five and add 70. Examples: An experienced kandra using human bone is 85, and a kandra with extensive combat training and a carbon-fiber skeleton is 115.

*Full koloss: +20

*Koloss-blooded: +10

Sel (Elantris, The Emperor’s Soul)

• Elantrian: Rank based on experience and knowledge on a scale of 1-10. Multiply by five and add 75.

• Dakhor user: +80 for full monk, +30 for single limb mutation.

• ChayShan user: +40

• Forger: +60

• Bloodsealer: +50

Solar System Near Earth (Centrifugal)

• Enhanced jumping: +10

• Enhanced adrenaline: +30

• Both enhancements: +45

• Other enhancements: Rank on a scale of 1-5 based on power output and usability. Multiply by five and add five.

Taldain (White Sand)

• Sand master: Rank their ability from 1 - 5. Multiply by 5 and add 35.

The Westlands (The Wheel of Time)

[Consult @Dr. Dapper He can decipher this part. I have no idea how any of this section works. The two lists titled 'male' confuse me, and I'm scared to put colons where I'm not sure they belong.]

• Male

• 1-11 -1000

• 12-17 -500

• 18-36 -150

• 54-72 -100

• 37-53 -125

• Male

• ++1-++6 -1200.

• 7-17 -1000

• 18-35 -500

• 36-53 -150

• 54-72 -125

• Tallents (Incomplete. If you remember any, post them)

• Ter’angreal: your character can make ter’angreal with various strength. - 40 points.

• Healing: your character can Heal other people of illness and wounds -10 points for normal proficiency, -30 for high.

• Gateways: your character can make gateways -15 points for normal proficiency, -30 for high proficiency.

• Foretelling: your character has the Foretelling, letting them see into the future -500 points

• Cloud Dancer: Your character is a Cloud Dancer who can control the weather. -30 points

• Ter’angreal sense: Your character can sense the use of ter’angreal -10 points.

• Dreamer: Your character can glimpse the future in their dreams, and can dreamwalk. -30 points+dreamwalking

• Aes Sedai: Your character is an Aes Sedai who has taken the Three Oaths. +25 points and non-combative (I’m too lazy to do Ajahs right now)

• Asha’man: Your character is an Asha’man, who has received training at the Black Tower. -10 points

• Warder bond: You bonded a warder, granting you the ability to know where your warder is, and the warder will protect you. -15 points.

• Blademaster: Your character has a heron marked blade, which defines you as a blademaster. -25 points (-30 if you have a power forged sword)

• Warder: Your character is bonded to a channeler, granting them increased strength and endurance, and enhanced healing. Your character will also know the emotions and location of their channeler -5 points

Earth (Heuristic Algorithm and Reasoning Response Engine from Armored)

Mechanized Suit: +50

Technology and Tools

Resources which are widely available and not very powerful do not need to count towards a character’s score. For example, swords are commonplace. Shardblades, on the other hand, are rarer and more powerful, so they add points to a character’s score. The Index measures deviation from the capabilities of a regular human, so if most humans are able to acquire and use an item, it need not be considered.

Reveal hidden contents

Nalthian Objects:

• Sentient Awakened Object: 90 points

• Item with breaths
    50 breaths: 55
    200 breaths: 65
    600 breaths: 75
    1000 breaths:100
    in general: 0.5*(# of breaths)

• Lifeless
    Lifeless: 30
    Kalad Phantom: 70
    “Super” Lifeless: 80

• Tear of Edgli: 1

Rosharan Objects:

• Shards
    Shardplate: 40
    Shardblade: 30

• Fabrials:
    Altering Fabrials:
        Augmenters:
              Heatrial: 5
              Half Shard: 15
              Grandbow: 10 (But requires Radiancy or Shardplate to be used)
              Painrial (Pain Increase): 20
        Diminishers:
              Painrial (Pain Decrease): 20
              Pairing Fabrials:
        Conjoiners:
              Spanread: 0
    Warning Fabrials:
        Alerters:
              Basic Alerter (Rysn Interlude): 15
              Emotional Detectors: 10

• Soulcasters:
    Zephyr (Translucent Gas, Air): 15
    Vapor (Opaque Gas, Smoke, Fog): 25
    Spark (Fire): 30
    Lucentia (Quartz, Glass, Crystal): 20
    Pulp (Wood, Plants, Moss): 20
    Blood (Blood, All non-oil Liquid): 25
    Tallow (Oil): 20
    Foil (Metal): 25
    Talus (Rock and Stones): 25
    Sinew (Meat, Flesh): 25

• Radiant Fabrials:
    15 per surge

Scadrian Objects:

• Hemalurgy: Allomantic Spikes:
    Add point values for the Equivalent Allomatic power.
    Subtract a certain number of points based on how much hemalurgic decay occurred.

• Hemalurgy: Feruchemical Spikes:
    Add point values for the Equivalent Feruchemic power.
    Subtract a certain number of points based on how much hemalurgic decay occurred.

• Hemalurgy: Ability Spikes:
    Iron Spike (Points based on the physical strength of the person spiked):
        Physically Weak Person: 20
        Physically Average Person: 35
        Physically Strong Person: 50
    Tin Spike:
        Eyesight Spike: 30
        Smell Spike: 15
        Hearing Spike: 25
        Touch Spike: 20
        Taste Spike: 10
    Zinc Spike (Points based on the Emotional strength of the person spiked):
        Emotional Weak Person: 15
        Emotional Average Person: 30
        Emotional Strong Person: 50
    Copper Spike (Points based on the mental strength of the person spiked):
        Mentally Weak Person: 10
        Mentally Average Person: 25
        Mentally Strong Person: 40

• Hemalurgy: Spiritual Spikes:
    Chromium Spike: ? (Due to the unknown nature of this spike.)
    Nicrosil Spike: 60
    Aluminum Spike: 60
    Duralumin Spike: 25

• Hemalurgy: God Metal Spikes:
    Atium: 80
    Lerasium: 150

Note: If one has 2 or more spikes, for the point value, add both spike’s point values together and multiply by 1.5

Subtract 3 points of weakness per spike with each spike adding another three:

ex. 4 spikes = 3+6+9+12=30 -30 points

ex. 5 spikes = 3+6+9+12+15=45 -45 points

• God Metal Vials and Bracers:
    Atium:
        Atium Vial: 50
        Atium Bracer: 80
    Malatium:
        Malatium Vial: 25
        Malatium Bracer: 40
    Lerasium:
        Lerasium Bead: 300

Alcatraz (Earth)

• Bestower’s Lenses: 20

• Courier’s Lenses: 10

• Discerner’s Lenses: 5

• Disguiser’s Lenses: 15

• Educator’s Lenses: 20

• Firebringer’s Lenses: 25

• Frostbringer’s Lenses: 25

• Harrier’s Lenses: 20

• Oculator’s Lenses: 0 (Come with becoming an Oculator)

• Oracle’s Lenses: 20

• Shamefiller’s Lenses: 25

• Shaper’s Lenses: 20

• Shatterer’s Lenses: 15

• Shocker’s Lenses: 25

• Tracker’s Lenses: 20

• Translator’s Lenses: 10

• Traveler’s Lenses: 20

• Truthfinder’s Lenses: 25

• Torturerer’s Lenses: 20

• Warrior’s Lenses: 15

• Windstormer’s Lenses: 15

• Voidstormer’s Lenses: 15

Reckoners (Earth)

• Motivators:
    Rate the equivalent epic power, then add 10.

•  

Weaknesses

To subtract from a character’s score, the tabulator should take into account their weaknesses. Since even the same weakness can affect different people in drastically different ways, it is up to the person scoring to decide how many points to take away. For example, a character with a temper who becomes incapable of functioning when angry should have many points subtracted, while one with the same weakness who becomes violent and determined in similar circumstances should have few points deducted. The tabulator should consider how the characters weakness effects their ability to use their powers, act they way they would like to, exert influence over others, function regularly, and anything else of relevance.

Here are some more points about creating new characters:

• You may have multiple characters (in total: 5 ), but please don’t abuse this privilege by tag-teaming in fights.

• Any bio that is submitted remains on the list so it can be referenced when people read old posts. 

• Dead character’s names are struck-through. Please report if your character dies so that can be done.

• To update your character, follow the same process that is used to submit characters. If you have lots of updates, please post your entire bio again with the updates made directly to the text. It’s easier to add to the list again that way.

Here are some General Formatting Requests:

• Please do not put spoiler tags inside the spoiler tag containing your bio.

• Sentences are preferable to bullet points. 

• Please use the word ‘Backstory’ instead of ‘History/Biography’.

• Please bold all fields (eg. Name: Archer), and use italicized text bookmarked by square brackets for OOC comments in the bio.

• Please include a Guild field at the end of the bio. You may mark your character as being unaffiliated.

One last note: 

If you change your username, the '@' link on the character list will still work. However, if you think you'll keep your new name for a long time, please tell a mod so the list can be updated.

Welcome to the RP! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them in the Alleyverse PM (To be added to the PM you will need to ask Voidus if he can add you), the Chat thread, or the new players guide!

OP Characters:

Overpowered characters are those which have a score of over 150. They are permitted in the RP if they are given community approval. OP characters have a different character sheet than regular ones. It is essentially the same character sheet but with some additions so that other players can see why they might want to approve the character. Also, these additions help people refine OP characters so that other players actually get excited about interacting with them and think of ways that they can weave their own character into the OP characters story. OP characters should be central to many plots, so it's important for other people to know how they might interact with the world ahead of time so that plots can develop accordingly.

Example OP Character Bio: 

This is a sample bio, to demonstrate how an OP character bio could be filled in. This is not Voidus' character Metronome. I have made some minor alterations so that if Voidus updates Metronome's bio, people wont accidentally reference this out-dated one. My thanks to Voidus for making this bio available for us to use.

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Metronomé the Great (/Metronomé the all powerful, Metronomé the amazing, the great and powerful Metronomé, Metronomé the Magnificent, he who rules over all, most powerful Epic in the fractured states, etc.)

Appearance: The most handsome figure that anyone has ever seen (Or a short, somewhat portly man just entering into middle-aged, well groomed, Wears a waistcoat over a white shirt and with matching pants most of the time.)

Investiture: THE ALL POWERFUL ABILITY TO KNOW THE TIME! TREMBLE ALL YE MORTALS!

Skills: IRRELEVANT WHEN HIS POWER IS ALREADY SO GREAT! But he has a startling ability to see the best in situations and ignore anything which contradicts his own worldview, which is sort of like a skill.

Equipment: A pocketwatch so that he can prove his all powerful might upon request by knowing exactly what time it is while other plebians need to consult things like watches. Watches that HE synchronizes in the first place to establish his dominance over all mankind.

Weakness: NONE! METRONOMÉ IS THE PERFECT BEING! (Though he does drastically underestimate others, the more powerful they are the more he underestimates them)

Family: As no one has claimed any level of kinship it can only possibly be concluded that he is descended from the gods themselves! (Or possibly that none of his family want to admit being related to him)

Home Planet: Reckoners-Earth

Backstory: Little is known of Metronomé before Calamity struck but he was born in Salem, Oregon and has lived there for his entire life, gaining very little attention from anyone in anything he did. After he was given powers by Calamity he took hold over the city with his mighty powers (Or as other people would say, he hung around the people who took over the city and they felt too much pity to correct him) and held a prestigious position, co-ruling it (Disputed) with an Epic known as Soulcaster.
Events in the city had begun to spiral, leading to panic and chaos when suddenly Metronomé found himself in the middle of a completely different city with no idea how he arrived there. Thus he set about his mission to take over the Alleycity as well and rule over it as he did in Salem.

Guild: Unaffiliated [I think that most OP characters should be unaffiliated with guilds where possible]

PsycheOf relatively average intelligence, somewhat calmer than most Epics but with a grandiose sense of self-importance to match any High Epic with control over their own city. Metronomé is aware that he is indeed the most powerful Epic that has ever been and will not neglect to mention this fact to anyone he meets.

OP traits

Intended Threat Level: WORLD-ENDING (/very minor villain's underling, unlikely to be a threat to any player character or even most NPCs) [Suggested levels: Individual threat, group threat (3-4 characters), guild threat, multi-guild threat, world-ending threat]

Story purpose: To give a world-ending threat that will unite all characters beneath him and crush those that defy him, he will likely be the center of most major plotlines this era for all guilds and characters as they either venerate him or try in vain to come up with a plan to defeat him, a great opportunity for people to kill otherwise unkillable characters. (Primarily a comic relief element. Give some people a fun villainous character to interact with without needing to endanger their character, introduce some fun roleplay elements that people can enjoy. I'd rather people didn't actually try to fight him, he can easily be ignored or temporarily incapacitated if it seems he is blocking one of your characters story goals)

Benefit (What do other players get out of this character?): A mechanism by which you can indisputably kill any of your characters for none can oppose him! (I foresee some fun interactions between him and other characters, especially characters who would perceive themselves as kind or good-hearted. He's not a significant opposition to any plan but some people might find his sheer confidence in himself a little concerning and may think he's hiding powers that he doesn't openly show. This might create some amusing scenes where powerful characters consider him a legitimate threat while relatively low-powered characters consider him a joke, though a joke that they might humor from time to time to avoid upsetting him)

Foible (Why haven't they taken over the world yet?): THE ONLY THING THAT HAS STOPPED HIM FROM RULING THE ALLEYVERSE IS THAT HE ONLY JUST ARRIVED! IT IS INEVITABLE IN TIME! (Anyone who doesn't want him to take over the Alleyverse could lightly punch him and likely render him unconscious. Or possibly just ignore him entirely as he has zero combat ability whatsoever and poses no threat)

Modus Operandi (How do they fight / scheme? What is their plan?): Metronomé begins any fight by showing his enemies just how impossible it is for them to defeat him. He tells them the time. EXACTLY! Then waits for them to give up and bask in his majestic presence. He assumes that once this is repeated enough times that the entire Alleyverse will be aware of his might and all yield to him as their supreme ruler, though he may go around adjusting people's clocks just to hammer home how superior he is to all others and create places where others might worship him if they so desire.

Finally, here is a little bit more advice about how to create a really good and deep character:

Reveal hidden contents

One piece of advice I have for creating characters is trying to make them as real as possible. Then you want to try an make sure you know who they are really well, that way when something comes up, you know how they would react and their reactions are realistic. Making sure you have a well thought out character helps improve your writing later on.

That means, that your character should have strengths and weaknesses. Just like the artist that can paint brilliant pictures, but it afraid of heights, we love characters with limits and quirks that make them unique. Additionally you can lower the total score of your character by your weaknesses and fit in more powers and gear.

One final piece about weaknesses that I cannot stress enough, is try to make them fit the character. The better the character and the weaknesses blend, creating someone who is real, the better the character will be.

Once you have a character on the list, save a copy of it elsewhere. It is recommended that you put it on your About Me page. Please do not put your entire bio in your signature. The overlords don't like people having spoiler tags in their sigs, so just having a sentence with a brief description of your character there would be best. Something like 'Alleyverse character: Wayne. A- Bendalloy, F- Gold, carries two dueling canes, never touches guns.' would be ideal.

It's all on the second post on the thread, the current character list for Era 4 is on the fourth.

thanks so much!

EDIT: 

Here he is! Rigex Lekal

Spoiler

Name: Rigex Lekal, but goes by Rig

Physical Characteristics: Tall, standing at around 6’4, with pale skin, brown hair, and blue eyes. 

Investiture: Twinborn coinshot and firesoul, or allomantic steel and feruchemical brass. (I could use some clarification on the applications of brass, particularly on whether or not specific portions of the body can be heated.)

Skills: Respectable with a dueling cane, and a decent shot. Excellent liar and has expert control over his alomancy.

Equipment: Allomantic: Steel flakes kept on his belt at all times.

Feruchemical: A pair of brass forearm bracers where he stores most of his heat, and a necklace threaded into his skin where he stores heat during the most important parts of his life which he has never tapped.

Standard: A dueling cane and revolver.

Weakness: Rigex is convinced that his youth as a scholar and his life as a fixer give him a combination of skills better than just about anyone; he focuses on the flaws of others while only seeing his own strengths, leading him to underestimate just about everyone. He is incapable of acknowledging when he made a mistake and is a terrible judge of character, so he’s easy to play.  

Family: Rigex has an uncle back in elendel who he is close with, and a younger sister who he hasn’t seen in years.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Rigex grew up in a minor branch of House Lekal, studying maths and sciences through his childhood at the insistence of his father. At age 13 he was beat up by a few boys on account of his fathers behaviour, and snapped to become a coinshot(clarification- do era 2 scardians need to snap? I don’t think so but oh well). After that, he took up dueling with an uncle while continuing under his father’s tutelage. After the passing of his father at age 21, he moved to elendel and began working directly under house lekal to take care of any issues they needed to go away quietly. After failing to quiet a witness to one of the houses shadier transactions, he was tossed out and made his way to alley city one.

Guild: Don’t know enough about them yet-Somewhere with cookies, maybe?

Psyche: Confident. Friendly, but never particularly attached to anyone. Wishes he could be, though.

Personality: Motivated and Pragmatic

Appearance: Reasonably fit and good looking, generally wearing fashionable clothing and some jewelry. 

Theme Song: Firebreather, by Macklemore

Fighting Style: He prefers not to and will talk his way out of any situation he can. If he must, though, he uses cheap shots and tricks whenever he can in combination with speed and precision, but not strength.

I think I kept him under the point limit, but if someone could check it over I would be very appreciative:D

Edited by TrailRunnin

13 hours ago, TrailRunnin said:

thanks so much!

EDIT: 

Here he is! Rigex Lekal

Hide contents

Name: Rigex Lekal, but goes by Rig

Physical Characteristics: Tall, standing at around 6’4, with pale skin, brown hair, and blue eyes. 

Investiture: Twinborn coinshot and firesoul, or allomantic steel and feruchemical brass. (I could use some clarification on the applications of brass, particularly on whether or not specific portions of the body can be heated.)

Skills: Respectable with a dueling cane, and a decent shot. Excellent liar and has expert control over his alomancy.

Equipment: Allomantic: Steel flakes kept on his belt at all times.

Feruchemical: A pair of brass forearm bracers where he stores most of his heat, and a necklace threaded into his skin where he stores heat during the most important parts of his life which he has never tapped.

Standard: A dueling cane and revolver.

Weakness: Rigex is convinced that his youth as a scholar and his life as a fixer give him a combination of skills better than just about anyone; he focuses on the flaws of others while only seeing his own strengths, leading him to underestimate just about everyone. He is incapable of acknowledging when he made a mistake and is a terrible judge of character, so he’s easy to play.  

Family: Rigex has an uncle back in elendel who he is close with, and a younger sister who he hasn’t seen in years.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Rigex grew up in a minor branch of House Lekal, studying maths and sciences through his childhood at the insistence of his father. At age 13 he was beat up by a few boys on account of his fathers behaviour, and snapped to become a coinshot(clarification- do era 2 scardians need to snap? I don’t think so but oh well). After that, he took up dueling with an uncle while continuing under his father’s tutelage. After the passing of his father at age 21, he moved to elendel and began working directly under house lekal to take care of any issues they needed to go away quietly. After failing to quiet a witness to one of the houses shadier transactions, he was tossed out and made his way to alley city one.

Guild: Don’t know enough about them yet-Somewhere with cookies, maybe?

Psyche: Confident. Friendly, but never particularly attached to anyone. Wishes he could be, though.

Personality: Motivated and Pragmatic

Appearance: Reasonably fit and good looking, generally wearing fashionable clothing and some jewelry. 

Theme Song: Firebreather, by Macklemore

Fighting Style: He prefers not to and will talk his way out of any situation he can. If he must, though, he uses cheap shots and tricks whenever he can in combination with speed and precision, but not strength.

I think I kept him under the point limit, but if someone could check it over I would be very appreciative:D

Hi :) 

Twinborn Investiture = 75 (45 for steel, 30 for brass)

Skilled at duelling cane (35) and amateur at shooting (30) = 65

Skill at Allomancy and lying = 20

Equals to 160. Subtract 15 for the weaknesses and that totals to 145. Nice character, approved and added to the list :) 

Alright. Let's try this one again, shall we?

Spoiler

Name: Bulveye Ghoststalker

Appearance: Bulveye was old when the Alleyverse was first found, and time has not been kind to him since. His face is heavily scarred by years of constant battle, and what isn't scarred is covered with faded tatoos. He wears ornate armor, with a cloak of fur draped over one shoulder.

Assets: Pellas has no Investiture. Instead, he relies on martial and technological superiority to triumph over foes.

• Terminator Armor: Normal power armor is equivalent to Shardplate- equal strength, equal durability. Terminator armor is a level above this, incorporating thicker plating and force-field technology for even greater protection, at the cost of the bearer's mobility.*
  • Power Axe: A simple twin-head axe, engraved with runes that, when read, tell of the Hive Tyrant Bulveye slew fifty years ago. Has the same effects as a Shardblade, but with noticeably shorter range.
  • Storm Bolter:  A twin-barreled bolter. It's high rate of fire reduces its accuracy.

Skills: Bulveye is a skilled warrior, but old age has slowed his reflexes. He also has a somewhat increased sense of smell, but it too has been weakened.

Backstory: To be determined later.

*I would estimate that terminator armor is about 25-30% more points than normal Shardplate.

@I think I am here. @MacThorstenson

Edited by Grey Knight

On 9/28/2019 at 8:58 AM, Grey Knight said:

Terminator Armor: Normal power armor is equivalent to Shardplate- equal strength, equal durability. Terminator armor is a level above this, incorporating thicker plating and force-field technology for even greater protection, at the cost of the bearer's mobility.*

My own character, Kiregen has very similar armor, (Shardplate enhanced with half-shard technology, at the expense of mobility) And was given a -45 point count. 

Power Axe: A simple twin-head axe, engraved with runes that, when read, tell of the Hive Tyrant Bulveye slew fifty years ago. Has the same effects as a Shardblade, but with noticeably shorter range.

I would put this at -25 points, as a normal shardblade is - 30, and this is essentially a short shardblade in the form of an axe.

Storm Bolter:  A twin-barreled bolter. It's high rate of fire reduces its accuracy.

Bolters in the index are 0 points. (Also, why is the space marine and Mechanized suit in magical abilities? Wouldn't those be tools?)

Bulveye is a skilled warrior, but old age has slowed his reflexes. He also has a somewhat increased sense of smell, but it too has been weakened.

Skilled warrior: -40, Weakened Increased Smell: -5, Slow reflexes: +10

150 - 45 - 25 -40 -5 + 10 = 45 points. 10 left for skills, 35 left for anything.

I would mostly agree with furret, with a few changes to the skills.

His armor and such come out to 70 points

but for a weakened but skilled soldier I would give him about 80 points split up between melee, hand to hand, and long range combat. They would all be slightly below average due to his age. 

He also needs a backstory, and preferably more weaknesses then 'he is getting older' This weakness wouldn't be for points, but more for character development.

@Grey Knight

Edited by MacThorstenson

So here are my remaining characters that need moving over to Era 4.

KanMien:

Spoiler

Name: KanMien

Species: Kandra (Genetically modified to be able to grow hair an nails, and repair broken bones (actual rate is lower than with normal humans, and only works for actual bones, so not for true bodies) 

Investiture: Identity wiping blessings (Makes it easier to her to assume a different personality. While this helps with impersonation, it also makes it easy for her to develop  split personalities/behavior sets). Uses a Feruchemical zinc spike to replace the broken spikes she originally inherited from KoTiel.

Appearance: Her appearance varies, but she normally uses a female body. She uses a wooden true body of about 5'4'' tall, and has long, dark-brown hair. She generally wear a business suit that has been modified to be easier to move around with.

Equipment: Wields two handguns she found in an old DA storage room (the guns don't do anything special, they were stored there as outer-cosmere weapons), and tends to carry a large amount of spare magazines in her body. Uses a wooden true body. Carries a prototype Bag of Holding containing a anti-materiel sniper (modified with gravitonics so she can actually sort of handle the recoil) and a grenade-launcher, as well as a large amount of ammunition.

Bag of Holding details:

Spoiler

A recent experiment with alleymatics, this object has its internal dimensions connected to a small, semi-unstable alley. This allows people to store things inside the object even if they wouldn't normally fit inside, with the mass of the objects being masked. Important however is that the object still needs to fit through the bag's opening to be put inside.

Because the object is still highly experimental it still has a lot of downsides. Taking an object out or putting something into it destabilizes the portal for a certain amount of time relative to the mass of the object, making it impossible to use until it stabilizes again. Furthermore, the bag is only capable of holding a limited amount of items, though for some reason the type of item is of influence as well, with the bag only storing a limited amount of types of objects, and for each type of object only a limited amount of it can be stored as well, with the amount decided by the size and weight of the object.

Because of the nature of the alley it isn't possible for living beings to exist in it, and items stored inside don't seem to show any signs of time passing while inside.

Overloading the bag will cause it to spew out all of its contents while also destroying the inner dimension, making it useless.

Fighting style: She use her guns together with her feruchemical zinc to create something similar to gun kata, where she analyzes the stances of her opponents in order to predict the likely paths of their attacks in order to avoid them as well as to increase her accuracy. She also use her zinc to analyze her surroundings and come up with large numbers of strategies and switch between them.

Skills: Gun training, amateur level. While tapping zinc, this level will increase depending on the amount tapped. Intelligence, Intelligent. Again, while tapping zinc, this level will increase depending on the amount tapped. As a Kandra she has a decent knowledge of biology.

Weaknesses:

• She isn't good at hand to hand combat, since her analysis doesn't work as well at those distances and because she has never received any actual martial arts training. She also can't create good predictions of her enemy's strategies since it isn't something that can be reduced to a physics or statistics problem.
  • Her hemalurgic spikes also allow people with strong enough emotional allomancy to take control of her. Her specific blessings making this easier than for normal Kandra. 
  • She has been trying to avoid dependence on KoTiel's personality recently. While this helps stabilize her own personality and lower the effect of her blessings it also means she can't access KoTiel's skills, significantly impacting her skills with shapeshifting.

Personality: Tends to switch between two different personalities (not a case of split personality, see it more as multiple behavior sets), depending on the situation. The first is more soft-spoken, and tends to keep to themselves. She's also very curious in this personality and enjoy discovering new things. Her other personality is a lot harsher to other people and doesn't care much about others, showing little empathy and having no real problem hurting others. The multiple personalities come from the combination of her identity erasure spikes, trying to reconcile their pre-loyalty spike personality with their post-loyalty spike one, and trying to fit in with the other people in the DA. Recently these have started mixing more though as a result of them blocking out KoTiel's personality and memories and having time to start developing her own instead.

Relationships: Considers KoTiel a parental figure to her, though her opinions on them are somewhat complicated. Highly respects Mac and considers him to be her direct superior. Very close to Kumiko, though still trying to figure out how she feels regarding her.

Backstory: She was originally created by KoTiel after KoTiel got a spiritual bomb implanted in them. KoTiel created her by first making a mistwraith and then using essence spikes to erase its identity and transferring their own memories to it. The resulting Kandra decided to take the name KanMien and started to view KoTiel as a parent figure. After KoTiel died during the fight in the Den of Thieves she managed to get KoTiel's spikes and kept them as her inheritance. Not knowing where to go she decided to stay with the DA, although moving away from hemalurgic experiments, instead getting involved with the DoCI.
Later on she found Kumiko wandering through the alleys and decided to take her in, partially on a whim, as well as curiosity regarding her abilities. During the CoTW incident she helped defend the church, later arguing in favor of sanctions in the government debate on the incident. During the Plasmacore incident she helped mediate between the DA and TUBA, later also helping to fight against the invasion force, first by sniping the different monsters released and later fighting one of the Conquerors with a grenade launcher. Afterwards she decided to get rid of KoTiel's spikes, though she still kept them in her quarters as a reminder, and instead got a new Feruchemical zinc spike instead. She also looked into expanding her arsenal to be more useful in combat.

Guild: DA

Theme song: Sons of Amon, God Mode (combat theme). Nena & Kim Wilde, Anyplace, anywhere, anytime (together with Kumiko).

Kumiko:

Spoiler

Name: Takamine Kumiko

Epic name: Polygenetic

Appearance: Has a Japanese appearance, and is around 5'2'' tall, with short, dark brown hair. She normally wears a blue sweater and a shorter skirt that's easy to move around in, together with combat boots. She normally also has some type of animal feature incorporated into her body. Generally these are a fox tail and ears. Wears a translator amulet in the form of a necklace.

Powers:

• Animal Mimicry: When touching an animal she gets the ability to incorporate parts of it's appearance into her own body. When she does so she also gets the abilities of said animal. These abilities are based on the general perception of said animal, and don't need to correspond with the features of the animal she incorporates into her body. For example, including a fish would give her the ability to breath underwater and swim faster, but it still works even if she just changes her skin and adds webbing to her fingers. The abilities an animal gives also don't need to respond to their actual abilities. For example, including a fox or an owl would give intelligence based boosts, while said animals aren't noticeably smarter than other animals. The more well known and accepted a property of an animal is makes it easier for her to use it as well. A single form can be kept up indefinitely, and forms she's accustomed to can be kept up even when unconscious.
    This ability also works with sapient non-human beings, but has a time limit in this case, with the form only being usable for a few hours after starting to use it, and the ability to use to form fading after about a day. To regain access to the form she has to make contact with another person of said species. The same also goes for beings created through magic, or having magic, such as through Hemalurgy. Using these forms requires more focus and energy than animal forms.
  • Myth Recreation: With preparation and a large amount of focus she's capable of temporarily upgrading a form, having it take properties from a mythological creature instead which results in more magical abilities. This only works if said creature is made up of animals she has already acquired. For example: If she has acquired a horse and an eagle she can use the forms unicorn (horse) and hippogriff (horse&eagle) but not griffin (eagle&lion), since she doesn't have a lion form. Using this ability will use up a lot of energy, with the amount of energy proportional to the power of the form. Using a form that is too powerful, or using one for too long will also overload her abilities, leaving her without them for a certain amount of time (amount of time depending on strength and duration of use of the form, minimum of one day, maximum can go up to a month for the strongest forms).
  • Animal Calming: Animals are more calm when close to her. This is a passive ability, with a fairly low strength. It generally allows her to get close to animals that would normally run away from or attack humans. It still has limits though, so trying to get close to a trained attack dog that has been ordered to attack her, or trying to get close to a hungry lion would still end badly. It's power also scales inversely to the intelligence of the animal. It doesn't work on beings with human level intelligence, with a Koloss being the maximum level of intelligence that can still be affected, all be it barely. Basically, this ability works by suppressing the instincts of animals, but it has a limit on how much it can suppress these instincts. This ability also only works on normal animals. Beings with a magical nature (like animals with symbiotic spren bonds) aren't affected by this ability, and other abilities affecting animals will override this one.

Combined 80 points according to the last evaluation by Voidus.

Weaknesses:

• She has a spinal cord injury that makes it difficult for her to walk. While it has healed to some degree thanks to copying the abilities of the Phoenix she still can only walk short distances and isn't able to run. Her powers allow her to move around normally, but only while she is using a form. If her powers are ever disrupted she has trouble moving around.
  • Overusing her powers for too long will temporarily disable them, with the duration of them being disabled depending on the level of overuse. Overuse happens when using multiple forms at the same time, using a form based around a sapient being, or using a form that is based around a magical animal.
    While overusing her abilities keeping up her forms will cost a large amount of stamina, with the amount depending on how strongly she's using them, and running out will trigger the powers being disabled. Using Myth Recreation will cause her powers to be disabled afterwards regardless of how long she uses the ability.
  • She's still extremely inexperienced with Myth Recreation (not helped by a poor knowledge of mythology), greatly limiting the amount of forms she can use and how much power she can get out of them.
  • She dislikes humans. Generally the only sapient beings she gets along with are non-human ones, and even then it takes a while for her to get along with them. Because of this she's also bad at working together with people, and generally tries to do things alone instead.
  • She has a very poor grasp on the language spoken in the Alleycity and relies on a translator amulet instead.
  • Epic Weakness: Being in a motorized vehicle. About the only vehicles that don't trigger her weakness are bicycles and boats, and even then she only uses them when she absolutely has too. Getting in one will disable her powers, and give her a panic attack. Even bicycles require a lot of willpower to use without having a panic attack, making boats the only vehicles she uses, and even then it's only rarely.

Skills: Intelligence, smart (15). Scholarship, animals, amateur (10). hand-to-hand combat, skilled (30).

Personality: She tends to rely a lot on her instincts, instead of thinking things through, and tends to display more animal-like behavior at times. She also dislikes humans, and sometimes has issues fitting in with normal society. Non-human sapient people tend to make her feel confused, but she's capable of getting along with them. She generally doesn't respect people weaker than her, and tends to live in the moment, not caring about any consequences of her actions. Dislikes being in crowds, and enjoys walking in nature, or empty cities. She's generally regarded as a bit of a problem child.

Relations: Her parents died when she was a kid. Very close to KanMien, though she's still trying to understand exactly what she's feeling about her.

Backstory: When younger she got into a car crash, and the event ended up causing her serious injuries, including a damaged spine, as well as killing her parents. Because of this she ended up staying in the hospital even after recovering, where she spend most of her time reading about animals. When calamity rose she initially stayed in the hospital, till she came along a black cat. Petting it, she found out about her abilities, and that they let her walk again. After this, she ran off and decided to find as many animals as possible. Eventually she found a way into the alleycity, and joined up with the DA after finding one of their members and discovering that they weren't human.
During the CoTW incident she helped defend the church against the attackers.
During the Plasmacore incident she was present during the initial presentation using a disguise, getting out together with the other rookie members when things went south. Afterwards she worked together with Whisper to investigate the building, later entering it when the shield malfunctioned. When the Phoenix attacked she attacked it, fighting with it for a while until something called it away. During the fight she also managed to copy it's abilities, it's regeneration partially healing her spine, but the strain from using myth-recreation knocked her out, causing her to fall unconscious and sit out the rest of her incident in her room recovering.

Guild: DA

Theme song: Iori Nomizu, Black+White. Nena & Kim Wilde, Anyplace, anywhere, anytime (together with KanMien).

Additionally, Fragarach has been killed (not sure if that needs noting down?). Of the two characters, KanMien will need their point total recalculated, as there have been some changes in abilities and new equipment, so she might need changing if the points total doesn't come out low enough.

I’d like Jale to be moved to Era 4 as well, with two new changes: a strength, outlining the extent of his intellectual abilities; and a new weakness: recently he suffered a concussion, which impedes his conscious mind to a certain extent. His unconscious mind is unaffected, which means he may act on instinct based on his observations without understanding why he’s doing it. That should balance him more when I RP him.

Everything else is otherwise unchanged.

Spoiler

Name:  Jale Sertes

Description: 42-year-old Scadrian male.

Appearance: Just about average height (5ft 8), and heavily built.  Dark hair and eyes with the beginning of wrinkles, usually wearing leather or nondescript clothing.

Family: A single mother in Elendel.

Investiture: A single Breath, gifted to him by his mother. It provides no tangible use, but he keeps it for sentimental value.

Gear: Jale keeps a single six-shooter in a shoulder holster, and a knife sheathed in his boot.

Strengths: Jale is intelligent, although completely lacking in scholarship skills. His intelligence instead aids his observation and ‘common sense’. He is able to judge situations and body language extremely well. Jale is average with both projectile and melee weapons as part of his training, but an expert in hand-to-hand combat, where his talent lies.

Weaknesses: He has a great distrust of magical medicine, as he believes it to be the thing that killed his father, and will not use it even if it leads to his death. As a result, any and all wounds that he sustains during combat are permanent, at least until such time that they would be adequately healed due to the amount of rest he has sustained. (He has found a doctor living in the city that is willing to treat his wounds scientifically, by setting broken bones, etc.)

Recently Jale suffered a concussion, which impedes his conscious mind to a certain extent. His unconscious mind is unaffected, which means he may act on instinct based on his observations without understanding why he’s doing it.

Backstory: His mother was a passing Worldhopper who fell in love with his father and settled with her in Elendel, which soon resulted in him. When his father grew ill, his mother asked a fellow Worldhopper (an Elantrian) to heal him. However, he died regardless, and a distraught Jale privately denounced magical medicine, and refused medical care throughout the rest of his young life, which nearly killed him on multiple occasions due to illness. Despite learning of the possibilities of magical medicine later in life, and understanding his naïveté, he still refuses to use magical medicine to heal himself as a matter of principle.

When Jale was old enough he joined the constabulary, and managed to work his way up the ranks, gaining a fair amount of experience. After a decade working in the field, he was offered a desk job, which he declined. Jale instead left the force, choosing to go Worldhopping, and as he left his mother gave him a Breath, which he still treasures.

During his travels, he came upon the Alleyverse, which he deemed his new home.

Edited by MetaTerminal

17 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

I’d like Jale to be moved to Era 4 as well

He is approved, and I’ll add him to the list now :)

As for KanMien, the original totalling came to 185, but the weaknesses bring it down to 150 exactly :) I’ll add them both.

Edited by I think I am here.

9 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He is approved, and I’ll add him to the list now :)

As for KanMien, the original totalling came to 185, but the weaknesses bring it down to 150 exactly :) I’ll add the, both.

Thanks!