These Stupid Ranks

Chaos

On 4/20/2024 at 11:23 AM, The Honorable One said:

Stormwarden... hmmmmm

Guys, I think a highstorm is coming or whatever. So... get inside. Or don't, I don't really care.

In alethi, i should be calling you a nerd right now

Not sure what I am, let’s seeeeeee…

Oh, great, Oldblood

*having forgot what that means, I go make a mental note to go look it up later*

*realizes I’ll probably forget it later*

*decides “ah well” then goes back to studying*

Edited by WhyEverNot_8
I found out

2 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Not sure what I am, let’s seeeeeee…

Oh, great, Oldblood

*realizes I’ll probably forget it later*

*decides “ah well” then goes back to studying*

Copycat

12 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Oh, great, Oldblood

Oldblood - Such as Teleb - identified by a blue tattoo under one eye:

Spoiler

WoK Ch 26:

The war room door was open, and Teleb—highofficer on duty—saluted as Dalinar entered. Teleb was a straight-backed man with light green eyes. He kept his long hair in a braid and had a blue tattoo on his cheek, marking him as an Oldblood. 

WoR Ch 51:

A group of parshman servants quietly brought wine and fruit. Teleb—wearing the Plate that Adolin had won from his duel with Eranniv—watched from the side of the room, Shardhammer on his back, faceplate up. His people had once ruled Alethkar. What did he think of all this? The man usually kept his opinions to himself.

OB Ch 3:

Dalinar lurched from the saddle, an arrow sprouting from each shoulder, as his men caught up. He seized the archer and hauled the fellow to his feet, noting the blue tattoo on his cheek. The archer gasped and stared at Dalinar. He expected he was quite a sight, covered in soot from the fires, his face a mask of blood from the nose and the cut scalp, stuck with not one but two arrows.

“You waited until my helm was off,” Dalinar demanded. “You are an assassin. You were set here specifically to kill me.”

The man winced, then nodded.

“Amazing!” Dalinar said, letting go of the fellow. “Show me that shot again. How far is that, Thakka? I’m right, aren’t I? Over three hundred yards?”

“Almost four,” Thakka said, pulling over his horse. “But with a height advantage.”

WoB:

Questioner

What are Oldbloods?

Brandon Sanderson

Oldbloods? Oldbloods are the, um... Lon-- Years ago, Alethkar was ruled by a different group of people. A different, like, dynasty. And it's been overturned, and it's been a long enough time that they're not really a threat. But to acknowledge them, and Oldblood-- they wear the tattoo. It means, "We are-- We used to rule this place." And so, it's just-- It's a lineage of people and a dynasty that used to be the kings of Alethkar.

Salt Lake City signing (March 29, 2014)

4 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

Wtc is a Stone Shaman.

Congradulations! You are now a holy man of Shinovar. Watch your step! It's not only your disciples who are forbidden from stepping on stone, is it now?

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

Congradulations! You are now a holy man of Shinovar. Watch your step! It's not only your disciples who are forbidden from stepping on stone, is it now?

Says the Svrakiss. 😂

Idk why but this seems ironic to me. 😂

4 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Says the Svrakiss. 😂

Idk why but this seems ironic to me. 😂

Neither do I. I'm rather insulted. Being the demon of one religion doesn't make me evil in another! I'm not some heretic stonewalker, but I have no faith in Yadeth or whatever his name was.

Which begs the question, do demons of a religion practice this religion? Because in Judaism there's a term, "Shed MiShedin Yehuda'in", meaning essentially "A Jewish Demon".

3 minutes ago, UltimateArchivist said:

"Noble" fits me fine, I just can't wait until I get to "Keeper" or "Inquisitor".

P.S. @Lord Spirit, I'm a Lurcher too! I don't know when I've last seen one; Coinshots are seemingly far more popular.

Coinshots are cool for books, but feel like it would be more helpful to be able to pull things to me than to push them away. 

On 5/1/2024 at 2:10 PM, Through The Living Glass said:

mIsTiNg. *sprays with spray bottle*

I laughed way too hard at that.

Huzzah! I'm a herald!

No wait

I don't wanna be tortured for eternity

SOMEONE LET ME OUT

Awesome! I'm a compounder! 

Explosive and dangerous and possibly illegal chemical compounds get ready to be...compounded!

Edited by Wittles

51 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Hmmm let’s see, shall we?

Ooooooh a Bloodsealer!

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I totally know what that is :ph34r:

Emperor's Soul, people from Sel (the Planet of Elantris) who use seals colored with blood in their magic system.