[Theory] It has been foreshadowed that Adolin will be a Radiant.

eveorjoy

I believe will become a KR in the end, just not at the start.

I think he needs to break first to attract a spren.

For it something need to happen, it's much too good an opportunity for Sanderson to let Adolin go back to his usual everyday life now.

He will walk his own way apart from Dalinar goodie-goodie actions, he will do good just not in his father's way, in Mr.T's way, the end justifies the means.

He will do some mistakes, realize it than attract a spren and become a KR.

I don't call it going dark, I call it growth and atonement, since every action has consequence.

I think killing Sadeas will have major ramification for future event/s.

Edit: about "Storms. Had he just done that? Had he just murdered a highprince?" 

I don't see it as broken, what will happen when he won't be caught? he will feel good he did it to save his family, he will see that taking the law into ones own hands actually works and you can get away with it. (watched an episode of Justified ;) )

Edited by shinintendo

Edit: about "Storms. Had he just done that? Had he just murdered a highprince?" 

I don't see it as broken, what will happen when he won't be caught? he will feel good he did it to save his family, he will see that taking the law into ones own hands actually works and you can get away with it. (watched an episode of Justified ;) )

Hmm... that remains to be seen. Just because he got away with it legally does not mean it didn't affect him spiritually, emotionally, or mentally. Killing leaves an effect on the one who does the act. Think about how Kaladin is effected by everyone he kills and he has always been justified in his actions. Adolin might talk himself into believing he did the right thing for the right reason, but if Sanderson continues to be the great author he is, that will be far from the end of the issue. Sadeas death was a defining moment for Adolin. He had killed before, but this time he killed an unarmed man who wasn't an immediate threat to him. He was a threat in the long run, but Sadeas could have been handled in a different way.

I'm hopping on the Dustbringer bandwagon. The divine attributes are Brave and Obedient. While I do agree that he is very perceptive and intelligent, I think these attributes describe him to a T. Think about how much he obeys Dalinar in WoK, despite thinking that his father might be going insane or is wrong to enforce the Alethi Codes of War. And how brave he is in dueling at full disadvantage or defending his father against Szeth despite knowing he couldn't win.

I also agree that the ramifications from murdering Sadeas will bring about his bond. The Diagram instructed to watch out for humans placed in situations of high stress. I suspect he has already caught the eye of a spren, and his coming challenges will reveal his bond.

I'm hopping on the Dustbringer bandwagon. The divine attributes are Brave and Obedient. While I do agree that he is very perceptive and intelligent, I think these attributes describe him to a T. Think about how much he obeys Dalinar in WoK, despite thinking that his father might be going insane or is wrong to enforce the Alethi Codes of War. And how brave he is in dueling at full disadvantage or defending his father against Szeth despite knowing he couldn't win.

I also agree that the ramifications from murdering Sadeas will bring about his bond. The Diagram instructed to watch out for humans placed in situations of high stress. I suspect he has already caught the eye of a spren, and his coming challenges will reveal his bond.

Crazy wish/ wild speculation: I hope his sword becomes his spren. He seems to already be on speaking terms with it. Wouldn't he be awesome if he revived his sword? He could learn its name then. ;)

Edited by eveorjoy

Some further evidence that Adolin may become a Radiant is that he no longer feels the Thrill by the end of the book. (See the section where he is fighting Parshendi before his fight with Eshonai.)

Edited by Gagylpus

The Ryshadium do not just bond with anyone. Currently the only other Ryshadium we know of is Gallant who is bonded with Dalinar, a Radiant. Did Gallant sense Dalinar's potential? If he did, perhaps Sureblood sensed Adolin's as well.

Sadeas remarked on seeing Highprince Hatham riding a Ryshadium. When he threw the Gemheart at him.

"... then rode toward a figure in resplendent Shardplate at the front of Hatham's army: the highprince himself, seated upon a Ryshadium. ..." p348 US Hardback

If Adolin gets a spren, it will be entirely dependent on how he handles Sadeas's death. He's gonna be under a lot of pressure, especially once fingers get pointed at Dalinar. Hoo boy, this could be enough pressure to crack Adolin! And I'm on the Dustbringer wagon too. The way he killed Sadeas though, was not very courageous. Slightly injured man in his twenties taking on a fit but middle aged unarmed man doesn't seem very courageous to me... :D

Either way, I'm excited for how this will be resolved. 

Some further evidence that Adolin may become a Radiant is that he no longer feels the Thrill by the end of the book. (See the section where he is fighting Parshendi before his fight with Eshonai.)

A spren causes the Thrill, so the absence of it just shows the spren was absent and nothing on Adolin as a person. 

It is? Where did I miss that?

right here:

Adolin summoned his Blade, then dismissed it, then summoned it again. A nervous habit. The white fog appeared—manifesting as little vines sprouting in the air—before snapping into the form of a Shardblade, which suddenly weighed down his hand.

A spren causes the Thrill, so the absence of it just shows the spren was absent and nothing on Adolin as a person. 

I wouldn't say that we know the Unmade are spren. Rlain implies they were once listeners who gave themselves up to Odium and were infused with his power. Things are uncertain. I hope to learn more from Book 3.

I wouldn't say that we know the Unmade are spren. Rlain implies they were once listeners who gave themselves up to Odium and were infused with his power. Things are uncertain. I hope to learn more from Book 3.

Taravangian calls it ancient evil spren, but he could be wrong. I don't really understand this whole unmade thing yet.

right here:

Ah. Good catch. Oh well, it would have been nice, but Adolin is to focused to be an Edgedancer, and we already have one of those in the line up and she is awesome. ;)

Edit: However who's to say the only vine-like spren are Windle's type? Still, you are likely correct.

Edited by eveorjoy

right here:

I don't think that particularly means anything, it's just describing how the mists looks like as it forms. Are there any other descriptions of shard blades forming that we can compare this too? Or do we know that all edge dancing spren were vine/garden like spren? We've only seen one account of it. 

---

As for Adolin, I think he's going to be banished and that's were his story will start, him deciding what to do while banished. He states when he's in the room during the high storm that if he killed Sadeas there, he'd either get put to death, or banished. It'll be interesting, I'm excited for it. 

He's feeling like a late bloomer to me, but I agree.

On a side note, if anyone has access to a time machine, would you kindly pick up a boxed set of the completed stormlight archive for me? This is going to be a painful wait. Thank you.