The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

37 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

No.

Moni began relating the story of the dog and the dragon to the survey.

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Micheal cursed and then teleported them away. Spook held the luxesprite in his pocket, wondering if the next place they were going was the place they wanted to go.

Meanwhile Thaidakar and Thaidakar #2 were getting angry at Nameless, and were planning what to do about it.

The weapon appeared behind them, staring at the closing portal for a moment before disappearing.

The weapon shook his head. "We searched thoroughly, but the reproduced luxsprite was not there. The others must have taken it. We attempted to find them, but lost track of them after they went through some kind of portal."

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

There was an approaching scream.

The wanderer careened into reality, tumbling painfully onto the floor near Nameless.

Nameless raised his eyebrows. "What are you doing here?"

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

The weapon appeared behind them, staring at the closing portal for a moment before disappearing.

The weapon shook his head. "We searched thoroughly, but the reproduced luxsprite was not there. The others must have taken it. We attempted to find them, but lost track of them after they went through some kind of portal."

Thaidakar and Thaidakar #2 appeared beside Nameless. looks of pure rage on their faces.

Thaidakar spoke first, "WHY ARE YOU HUNTING OUR AVATARS?"

9 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Moni began relating the story of the dog and the dragon to the survey.

The survey listened intently. It was very quiet.

9 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless raised his eyebrows. "What are you doing here?"

The wanderer rubbed her head. "I have no idea. Where am I?"

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar and Thaidakar #2 appeared beside Nameless. looks of pure rage on their faces.

Thaidakar spoke first, "WHY ARE YOU HUNTING OUR AVATARS?"

Nameless shrugged. "They have something that could be very important to my plans."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The wanderer rubbed her head. "I have no idea. Where am I?"

"Thaylen city. Outside a temple to Taln."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar #2 seemed to be barely controlling his rage, "hmmmm, I see Spook was actually right once. for once."

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. Personally, I doubt that the supposed luxsprite produced here is a perfect copy."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Well, a long time ago the luxsprites built up an empire of connected universes using their light-ordered energy. (Light in terms of TLT fundamental metaphysics means existence; darkness is nonexistence.) Opposing them were the withergeists, of chaotic-dark. They yearned to tear down existence, but they were too scattered against the luxsprites' might.

Then, one day, a luxsprite by the name of Xinoehp made a terrible mistake. In an attempt to mix the two energies together, he accidentally let the Witherlord into the very heart of luxsprite civilization. With glee the delicate network of luxite crystals was shattered, and withergeists released on the unsuspecting citizenry. Before very long, the withergeists had attacked and corrupted every luxsprite they could find. The surviving races fought back as best they could. Unfortunately, a new threat had arisen with the fall of the luxsprites; Narrators. With their chaotic-light power, they reshaped universes on a whim. Caught between two impossibly powerful forces, there was little the survivors could do but die. It was in this dark time that the first mimes appeared. Led by Silence, they used their ordered-dark abilities to seal away the Narrators and the withergeists away in a prison universes wide. Because of the sheer size of the prison, it was nicknamed the Longest Thread.

That was an impossibly long time ago. For much of that time, the Witherlord was without a host. Recently, however, he has stepped up his activities with the goal of breaking free.

Where Drozor fits is as a guardian of one of the crystals within the Luxsprite network. When the crystal shattered, he shattered with it, forming the six skeins. So they would remain - shattered - from ancient times to today. 

Given their similarity to the already established elementals, and their capability of binding the Witherlord, this is the explanation that makes the most sense in the context of what exists.

"We shall see about that, when next we meet again," the Knight declared, standing up to depart.

okay, that can work, but only as he takes on a role in each universe he visits, by various oaths he made to protect the balance. also, for the skeins, the Derka is Shadow, not Darkness, and is only a living representation of Shadowflux(KOTLC).

"Very well," the skeins said, and vanished with no further warning, leaving no evidence they were ever there.

"no, he was right you would interfere with our plans to destroy the witherlord once and for all."

"So you have such plans? Interesting. Well, if you give me the copied luxsprite, I won't hurt you or any of your avatars."

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What's going on?"

"Not much. This temple was the site of research into the revival of a luxsprite. They made some sort of 'breakthrough'. I'm not certain exactly what it was, but I suspect they believed that they succeeded in their goal. Whatever the case, they seem to have some sort of power source from long ago. Possibly a fragment of the luxsprites' energy. I came here to claim whatever it was that they had, but Micheal, Spook, and Lindy got here first."

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

"So you have such plans? Interesting. Well, if you give me the copied luxsprite, I won't hurt you or any of your avatars."

Thaidakar sighed and said, "you want a copy? really? you really think I would make a copy? one made out of foam?" Thaidakar tucked something into his pocket. 

Thaidakar #2 rolled his eyes, "you really are bad at lying Thaid."

"you did just insult yourself," said Thaidakar.

"yeah, a lamer version of myself." responded Thaidakar #2.

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar sighed and said, "you want a copy? really? you really think I would make a copy? one made out of foam?" Thaidakar tucked something into his pocket. 

Thaidakar #2 rolled his eyes, "you really are bad at lying Thaid."

"you did just insult yourself," said Thaidakar.

"yeah, a lamer version of myself." responded Thaidakar #2.

Nameless snorted. "I want whatever it is that your avatars stole. I would appreciate it if you convinced them to give it to me peacefully."

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless snorted. "I want whatever it is that your avatars stole. I would appreciate it if you convinced them to give it to me peacefully."

Thaidakar groaned, "why is it whenever I make a plan you come in and either copy my homework or say it sucks for reason A reason B and reason C."

Thaidakar groaned, "why is it whenever I make a plan you come in and either copy my homework or say it sucks for reason A reason B and reason C."

"You think I'm copying your plan? I don't even know what your plan is, this time."

Just now, Nameless said:

"You think I'm copying your plan? I don't even know what your plan is, this time."

"no, like trying to take the luxe-rite or whatever it was called," said Thaidakar.

Thaidakar #2 nearly conked Thaidakar on the head with his sword hilt, "luxesprite. and we need it for the sword that can destroy the witherlord, or atleast that's what that shadow man told us. he was... he was an interesting fellow, I think I've met him once."

"no, like trying to take the luxe-rite or whatever it was called," said Thaidakar.

Thaidakar #2 nearly conked Thaidakar on the head with his sword hilt, "luxesprite. and we need it for the sword that can destroy the witherlord, or atleast that's what that shadow man told us. he was... he was an interesting fellow, I think I've met him once."

"Hm. So your plan isn't that bad, actually. It would never succeed, of course. However, if we combine our forces... well, perhaps we could help each other."

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Hm. So your plan isn't that bad, actually. It would never succeed, of course. However, if we combine our forces... well, perhaps we could help each other."

"yeah, but first you would need to stop chasing the avatars." said Thaidakar.

Thaidakar #2 nodded, "also, I think you would like to meet Shadow, he's around here somewhere- GAH!" 

Shadow appeared next to them, nonchalantly, "your avatars did swift work, most of the scientists are dead, their plans and blueprints gone."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"yeah, but first you would need to stop chasing the avatars." said Thaidakar.

Thaidakar #2 nodded, "also, I think you would like to meet Shadow, he's around here somewhere- GAH!" 

Shadow appeared next to them, nonchalantly, "your avatars did swift work, most of the scientists are dead, their plans and blueprints gone."

Nameless cleared his throat. "Actually, that was me. Mostly, at least." He turned back towards Thaidakar. "I can make a sword that can kill the Witherlord. I have all the materials and research prepared to make it. All I need is the smallest fragment of luxsprite energy. Which I have reason to believe your avatars might be in possession of. And also, I'm not chasing your avatars anymore. My forces lost track of them."

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless cleared his throat. "Actually, that was me. Mostly, at least." He turned back towards Thaidakar. "I can make a sword that can kill the Witherlord. I have all the materials and research prepared to make it. All I need is the smallest fragment of luxsprite energy. Which I have reason to believe your avatars might be in possession of. And also, I'm not chasing your avatars anymore. My forces lost track of them."

"good," said the Shadow before anyone else could say anything.

Thaidakar #2 smiled wanly, "well I'm pretty sure Spook would have made off with a good amount of blueprints and stuff if I know anything about him."

Shadow nodded politely, "I'm sure the avatars did well." he turned to Nameless, "there is someone who is being prepared to wield the sword, but I am not altogether sure they are up to the challenge, I have been preparing someone as a sort of understudy, you might know him as Mythos."

"good," said the Shadow before anyone else could say anything.

Thaidakar #2 smiled wanly, "well I'm pretty sure Spook would have made off with a good amount of blueprints and stuff if I know anything about him."

Shadow nodded politely, "I'm sure the avatars did well." he turned to Nameless, "there is someone who is being prepared to wield the sword, but I am not altogether sure they are up to the challenge, I have been preparing someone as a sort of understudy, you might know him as Mythos."

"Yes, I know Mythos. I have need of him, if I am to properly create this weapon. Bring me the copied luxsprite and Mythos, and I can make the weapon."