The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yes, that was badly worded. Sorry.

"I can help you practice," the Knight replied. "I... have some experience with elementals such as yourself."

Cool! There thing is, all the universes that are contained within the Longest Thread share the same underlying metaphysics. They should be able to use their energy in any of them, should they not?

it's okay. I figured it out in the end.

The skeins gave him an odd look. "You just volunteered to have us bind you like we would the Witherlord, we are aware of how we would have to do it, we must just practice because we tend to work as one when together. We just have to actually do it, that is the only way to practice this."

Yea, they can absorb the energy from just about everywhere to fuel their manifestation. however, between worldsets the difference is enough that it shatters the already fragile form that is necessary for planar grouping travel, like how water always seems cold when you jump in a pool but eventually feels warm. going to another planar grouping is like jumping into the pool.

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

Nameless sighed. "Of course Rond would do that. You know Unintelligible didn't really have any powers, right? Anyways, where was I? Oh yes." Nameless exploded with rage. "You DARE do this to Unintelligible? You DARE disrespect his sacrifice?" Nameless blasted TOC into nonexistence, then turned to face the abomination he had named Unintelligible.

TOC reappeared and then smiled. Unintelligible grabbed Nameless and threw him out the window. 

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

TOC reappeared and then smiled. Unintelligible grabbed Nameless and threw him out the window. 

Nameless gave TOC a look of pure hatred. He turned to the abomination, deciding not to play around.

The abomination that had been named Unintelligible exploded. Whatever shred of a soul it had was shredded and sealed to the Beyond. Whatever powers it held were revoked, whatever powers it held obliterated.

Nameless landed on the ground in front of TOC. "What did you hope to gain from that beast? It could never defeat me. Did you hope to buy time while you escaped? Well, this I swear. No matter where you hide, no matter what you leverage, no matter how far you flee, you will die."

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless gave TOC a look of pure hatred. He turned to the abomination, deciding not to play around.

The abomination that had been named Unintelligible exploded. Whatever shred of a soul it had was shredded and sealed to the Beyond. Whatever powers it held were revoked, whatever powers it held obliterated.

Nameless landed on the ground in front of TOC. "What did you hope to gain from that beast? It could never defeat me. Did you hope to buy time while you escaped? Well, this I swear. No matter where you hide, no matter what you leverage, no matter how far you flee, you will die."

TOC sighed. Unintelligible reformed and punched Nameless in the head, shattering Nameless' skull.

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

TOC sighed. Unintelligible reformed and punched Nameless in the head, shattering Nameless' skull.

Nameless lay on the floor, the abomination standing over him. Then, slowly, they both faded away. At the same time, Nameless formed from nothing, standing in front of TOC as if nothing had happened. "What do you want me to do? Fight the thing? It won't happen. I refuse to be drawn into such a confrontation."

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless lay on the floor, the abomination standing over him. Then, slowly, they both faded away. At the same time, Nameless formed from nothing, standing in front of TOC as if nothing had happened. "What do you want me to do? Fight the thing? It won't happen. I refuse to be drawn into such a confrontation."

"no, I want you to swear to not interfere with me or my agents."

3 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

it's okay. I figured it out in the end.

The skeins gave him an odd look. "You just volunteered to have us bind you like we would the Witherlord, we are aware of how we would have to do it, we must just practice because we tend to work as one when together. We just have to actually do it, that is the only way to practice this."

Yea, they can absorb the energy from just about everywhere to fuel their manifestation. however, between worldsets the difference is enough that it shatters the already fragile form that is necessary for planar grouping travel, like how water always seems cold when you jump in a pool but eventually feels warm. going to another planar grouping is like jumping into the pool.

The Knight shrugged. "Sure, why not? It will give me the best perspective. And I'll be able to help you with your extended elemental abilities."

They are the water, though. Luxsprite energy is about as fundamental as it comes.

No, said the survey to Moni. I... was utterly destroyed. I can feel that much. So much of me... gone? Ashes? Oh, lights, I never expected this...

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

TOC smiled, "I wouldn't have done it, but... my master has the plans."

"Your master, whoever they are, has made a fatal mistake in killing Rond." Nameless smiled grimly. "If not for what you did with Unintelligible, I would have thanked you and gone on my way. I have no need to deal with pathetic fools like you. With Rond's death, my plans are set to progress into the final stage.

7 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Your master, whoever they are, has made a fatal mistake in killing Rond." Nameless smiled grimly. "If not for what you did with Unintelligible, I would have thanked you and gone on my way. I have no need to deal with pathetic fools like you. With Rond's death, my plans are set to progress into the final stage.

TOC sighed, "my master... my master does not always reveal his secrets to me, he had a purpose in this, I know he did with the blasted master plan of his."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

TOC sighed, "my master... my master does not always reveal his secrets to me, he had a purpose in this, I know he did with the blasted master plan of his."

"Well let your master, whoever he is, know this: I have Rond's memories as well. And more."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Well let your master, whoever he is, know this: I have Rond's memories as well. And more."

TOC smiled, he pulled out a small stone, "that's what you think." TOC turned it three times in his hand. Nameless imedatiely fell unconscious. the last thing Nameless could see for a while was TOC kneeling down and putting something to Nameless' forehead.

Nameless has now lost all of his memories of TOC, Rond and TOC's agents.

TOC smiled, he pulled out a small stone, "that's what you think." TOC turned it three times in his hand. Nameless imedatiely fell unconscious. the last thing Nameless could see for a while was TOC kneeling down and putting something to Nameless' forehead.

Nameless has now lost all of his memories of TOC, Rond and TOC's agents.

Nameless woke up, mind fuzzy. He stood, staring at a scrap of paper on the ground. An invitation, dropped as if in haste, with one name written on it. Rond. Nameless looked up in confusion, feeling for the curse he had placed on the mad scientist. It was gone. Nameless smiled, disappearing.

The lab was busy, as usual. Various researchers bustled around, busily going on with their studies and experiments. Nameless walked up to one of them. "One-seventy-three, I need you. I believe I have been the subject of some kind of mental manipulation. Can you identify what exactly it was?" The researcher nodded, attaching some sensors to his head and running a scan. "It appears you were the subject of a memory wipe. Recent memories mostly, and some external memories. Rond's." Nameless nodded. "I can remember... anger. I swore to kill someone. Not certain who. Or why. Something about... an abomination." He shook his head. "I'll deal with that later. For now, I have good news. Rond is dead. We begin phase two tomorrow." He waved off Rond 173's attempts to further scan him, pulling the sensors off of his head. "The time has finally come to move into the open."

22 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless woke up, mind fuzzy. He stood, staring at a scrap of paper on the ground. An invitation, dropped as if in haste, with one name written on it. Rond. Nameless looked up in confusion, feeling for the curse he had placed on the mad scientist. It was gone. Nameless smiled, disappearing.

The lab was busy, as usual. Various researchers bustled around, busily going on with their studies and experiments. Nameless walked up to one of them. "One-seventy-three, I need you. I believe I have been the subject of some kind of mental manipulation. Can you identify what exactly it was?" The researcher nodded, attaching some sensors to his head and running a scan. "It appears you were the subject of a memory wipe. Recent memories mostly, and some external memories. Rond's." Nameless nodded. "I can remember... anger. I swore to kill someone. Not certain who. Or why. Something about... an abomination." He shook his head. "I'll deal with that later. For now, I have good news. Rond is dead. We begin phase two tomorrow." He waved off Rond 173's attempts to further scan him, pulling the sensors off of his head. "The time has finally come to move into the open."

wait, Nameless has copies of Rond? LOL. Rond would not have allowed for that. but I guess, okay.

The Ronds of course weren't to be trusted. scheming and conniving were Rond's biggest traits.

wait, Nameless has copies of Rond? LOL. Rond would not have allowed for that. but I guess, okay.

Well, Rond was not in a position to know anything about it, much less do anything about it. And he is now dead, so he definitely can't do anything.

Or, it had been. Nameless had, of course, made some... modifications.

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Well, Rond was not in a position to know anything about it, much less do anything about it. And he is now dead, so he definitely can't do anything.

Or, it had been. Nameless had, of course, made some... modifications.

but even the strongest modifications cannot truly change a soul, not fully. they would always be them. Rond would always be Rond underneath. it would take heavy changes to turn him into someone else, changes only one person in the universe could do, someone who was dead.

but even the strongest modifications cannot truly change a soul, not fully. they would always be them. Rond would always be Rond underneath. it would take heavy changes to turn him into someone else, changes only one person in the universe could do, someone who was dead.

Nameless grinned, observing the experiments being assembled. Over three thousand perfect weapons stood in the room below him, ready for deployment.

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless grinned, observing the experiments being assembled. Over three thousand perfect weapons stood in the room below him, ready for deployment.

suddenly all the weapons disintegrated and the ronds were stabbed by invisible blades.

suddenly all the weapons disintegrated and the ronds were stabbed by invisible blades.

Nameless turned, unsurprised. "So, the resistance begins already? I can't say I'm too surprised. Who has come to stop me?"