The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

20 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The Derka smacked it, because it was his cousin.(all elemental forces are kin)

The six skeins shrugged in unison. "We know only that it is the most basic, most primal force, the one we have in common. We were once one being, but we have found that we cannot REUNITE until the Witherlord is defeated, for his existence was part of our SHATTERing. We have only vague, disjointed memories of what we were before. We know better what the one whom we are calling Bob is than we know ourselves."

"I have heard legends of such," the consultant replied. "Indeed... This could be exactly what we need. With his power restrained, the Witherlord will have no recourse against a mordite blade."

41 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"If that fails, we suggest you try mageforged unobtanium."

"It's been tried. Just about everything has. The only way to kill the Witherlord is with luxite or mordite. And luxite is no more. But we shall cross that bridge at a later date." The consultant offered an envelope.

Edited by xinoehp512

39 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"It's been tried. Just about everything has. The only way to kill the Witherlord is with luxite or mordite. And luxite is no more. But we shall cross that bridge at a later date." The consultant offered an envelope.

I require a quote for mageforged unobtanium.

The Spectra warrily took the envelope from him. "We believe that that is untrue, because of the balance that we represent. As the saying goes, there is more than one way to kill a chasamfiend."

17 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I require a quote for mageforged unobtanium.

The Spectra warrily took the envelope from him. "We believe that that is untrue, because of the balance that we represent. As the saying goes, there is more than one way to kill a chasamfiend."

Well... "The Witherlord cannot be killed by any ancillary substance, including mageforged unobtanium." ( Ancillary meaning non fundamental.)

Any specific substance would have happened in the past, before any plot events that have been recorded here. If it's precedent you seek, you can look back at the first time the Witherlord arose, which I believe was about page 600 or so. Luxite was hailed as the sole solution to the problem back then.

The envelope contained an invitation to the realm of the consultants for a planning meeting.

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Any specific substance would have happened in the past, before any plot events that have been recorded here. If it's precedent you seek, you can look back at the first time the Witherlord arose, which I believe was about page 600 or so. Luxite was hailed as the sole solution to the problem back then.

The envelope contained an invitation to the realm of the consultants for a planning meeting.

okay, I'll use it for something else

"Very well, we accept, on the condition that after the Witherlord is defeated, if we are still around, the consultants help us RUNITE."

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

okay, I'll use it for something else

"Very well, we accept, on the condition that after the Witherlord is defeated, if we are still around, the consultants help us RUNITE."

These terms were accepted. The consultant bowed.

"In the meantime," he declared, "we will search for information on your history."

18 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

These terms were accepted. The consultant bowed.

"In the meantime," he declared, "we will search for information on your history."

"That would not be advisable, we must focus on the Witherlord. We know enough about ourselves, and we know more when we are together. We shall go to the meeting now." The six skeins vanished with a sound of rushing wind and silent thunder.

27 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

There was a rushing of wind and a soundless thunder, and the six skeins appeared, hovering in sitting positions just above the seats.

why seven chairs?

"Welcome, honored guests," replied a consultant.

"We have gathered here today to plan the downfall of the Witherlord."

"Since the disappearance of Xinoehp, the last luxsprite, hopes have been slim that the King of Shadows would ever be destroyed."

You shall see.:ph34r:

Edited by xinoehp512

5 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Thank you." the skeins said in unison, how they normally spoke. "We are wary of you, but we will endure."

"With the discovery of yourselves, another relic of the lost luxsprites, new hope has awakened."

"Two questions remain between us and victory. How can we ensure the Witherlord will not interrupt your ritual before it's conclusion? and how and who will wield the blade that will finish him once and for all?"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"With the discovery of yourselves, another relic of the lost luxsprites, new hope has awakened."

"Two questions remain between us and victory. How can we ensure the Witherlord will not interrupt your ritual before it's conclusion? and how and who will wield the blade that will finish him once and for all?"

Shadow smiled as he said, "I think I know a guy...."

Mythos landed softly on the springy morning ground, he took a deep breath, the morning air was wonderful. Mythos summoned Lythia and sliced through a the grass, far more efficient than any lawnmower. Mythos smiled, this was fun.

"We believe we have obtained a solution to one of these problems, and have made good progress on the other," the consultant continued. "However, it appears as if one of our number is late..."

He talked off as a soft wind blew. The entrance darkened slightly as the Knight entered the room.

Edited by xinoehp512

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We believe we have obtained a solution to one of these problems, and have made good progress on the other," the consultant continued. "However, it appears as if one of our number is late..."

He talked off as a soft wind blew. The entrance darkened slightly as the Knight entered the room.

Shadow made himself visible, "I think I know someone who can wield the sword."

21 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We are who we are, and hope always slumbers where you least expect it. As we have said before, if we have access to a strong Chronokinetic, that one could slow him enough for us to bind him, and slow his breaking of the binding long enough for him to be SEVERED."

12 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Shadow made himself visible, "I think I know someone who can wield the sword."

"That will not be necessary," replied the Knight. "I will be the one to finish him."

9 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"We are who we are, and hope always slumbers where you least expect it. As we have said before, if we have access to a strong Chronokinetic, that one could slow him enough for us to bind him, and slow his breaking of the binding long enough for him to be SEVERED."

"We do," replied the Knight, "but even that will hold only a fraction of his power at bay."

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"That will not be necessary," replied the Knight. "I will be the one to finish him."

"We do," replied the Knight, "but even that will hold only a fraction of his power at bay."

"Even the Witherlord is bound to time," the skeins replied, unfazed by the looming of the Knight. "And much of his power is tied up in connections to the withergeists, those will be his primary attack on others. Even the strongest Chronokinetic you have cannot hold him, but there is one who is holding up much of the Witherlord's power in this world. In this, there are no guarantees, except that the Quarkbeast will stay far away."

21 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Even the Witherlord is bound to time," the skeins replied, unfazed by the looming of the Knight. "And much of his power is tied up in connections to the withergeists, those will be his primary attack on others. Even the strongest Chronokinetic you have cannot hold him, but there is one who is holding up much of the Witherlord's power in this world. In this, there are no guarantees, except that the Quarkbeast will stay far away."

"He has his own chronokinetic abilities," replied the Knight. "We will need all of yours to hold him at bay."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Shadow nodded, "good, but just in case I think we should have a back up."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"He has his own chronokinetic abilities," replied the Knight. "We will need all of yours to hold him at bay."

"We were stating one of the few things we know is certain, the Quarkbeast is preventing the rise of more Nameless ends, and so will not come. We are aware of its abilities, and its limits. But that is not relevant. We are also aware of the Chronokinetic abilities of the Witherlord, but those lay primarily in acceleration of processes. If it attempted to use those on the binding, it would actually make us complete it faster. We do not have true Chronokinetic abilities in this form, we have power over elemental energies." The skeins stopped talking, thinking of ways to limit the Witherlord. The silence stretched, even Thaidakar's Shadow remaining quiet.

"We could call on a Boundless Beginning." the skeins finally offered.