The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The voice laughed, "no, I can't beat you. but you can beat you."

Nameless grinned. "Do you have a clone stashed away somewhere? That could be fun. But it wouldn't have the experience that I do. Or do you think you can reason with me? Go ahead. You don't know my motivations."

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless grinned. "Do you have a clone stashed away somewhere? That could be fun. But it wouldn't have the experience that I do. Or do you think you can reason with me? Go ahead. You don't know my motivations."

the voice laughed even more, "no, no, I don't have a clone, I don't know your intentions. I do know you however."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Very descriptive. Well, whatever your knowledge, I don't really feel like stopping myself at the moment, so I think I'll continue."

"very well then. we aren't enemies Nameless, I'm here to help you! this is for your own good!"

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"very well then. we aren't enemies Nameless, I'm here to help you! this is for your own good!"

"Oh, so you are going to try to convince me to stop. How funny." Nameless transported himself and the regenerated weapons out of the facility, appearing in front of his first target. A Thaylen temple to Talenel'Elin, herald of war.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"Oh, so you are going to try to convince me to stop. How funny." Nameless transported himself and the regenerated weapons out of the facility, appearing in front of his first target. A Thaylen temple to Talenel'Elin, herald of war.

Micheal walked out and kicked Nameless in the shins, "FOR THE LAST TIME CAN YOU LEAVE!"

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Micheal walked out and kicked Nameless in the shins, "FOR THE LAST TIME CAN YOU LEAVE!"

Nameless smiled, waving the weapons forward. "Kill everyone inside the building. Let no one escape." He turned towards Micheal. "Oh, and that one too."

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless smiled, waving the weapons forward. "Kill everyone inside the building. Let no one escape." He turned towards Micheal. "Oh, and that one too."

Micheal grimaced, he grabbed Lindy and spook and teleported away.

Micheal grimaced, he grabbed Lindy and spook and teleported away.

Nameless gestured towards a nearby weapon. "Track them, please. They may have gained something of great import to me." The weapon nodded, pulling aside two others and disappearing to chase after the avatars. Nameless turned towards the temple, watching as the weapons razed it to the ground.

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless gestured towards a nearby weapon. "Track them, please. They may have gained something of great import to me." The weapon nodded, pulling aside two others and disappearing to chase after the avatars. Nameless turned towards the temple, watching as the weapons razed it to the ground.

Spook sensed it and cursed, "Nameless has turned against us, just as I suspected. he's been corrupted."

the others cursed. Micheal said, "how do we escape?"

"I think I have an idea," said Lindy watching the opening portal, "I think this might lead somewhere."

Spook sensed it and cursed, "Nameless has turned against us, just as I suspected. he's been corrupted."

the others cursed. Micheal said, "how do we escape?"

"I think I have an idea," said Lindy watching the opening portal, "I think this might lead somewhere."

A light began forming in the air, slowly molding into the form of a weapon.

Nameless was taking reports from the weapons. "Did you retrieve it?"

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Knight shrugged. "Sure, why not? It will give me the best perspective. And I'll be able to help you with your extended elemental abilities."

They are the water, though. Luxsprite energy is about as fundamental as it comes.

No, said the survey to Moni. I... was utterly destroyed. I can feel that much. So much of me... gone? Ashes? Oh, lights, I never expected this...

they absorbed luxsprite energy upon entering the planar group, its conflict with the witherlord's energy is part of what kept them shattered, they initially shattered but into consious forms before that. the way they can do interplanar travel, its actually safer for the denzins of any given universe if they shatter.

"Very well, then. we will let you help, though we still need a significant external energy source."

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

they absorbed luxsprite energy upon entering the planar group, its conflict with the witherlord's energy is part of what kept them shattered, they initially shattered but into consious forms before that. the way they can do interplanar travel, its actually safer for the denzins of any given universe if they shatter.

"Very well, then. we will let you help, though we still need a significant external energy source."

All of TLT is in the same grouping, and travel in and out is blocked off. There is not really room for travel between discordant universes. Anywhere they could have come from would have been saturated with Narrator energy, which would be sufficient to support them in whatever universe they went to subsequently- it doesn't really track that they would absorb luxite energy, especially given how exceedingly rare it is. In addition, the power they would have absorbed would be sentient elementals with a vested interest in not being swallowed up.

The Knight shook his head. "Your power is antithetical to that of the Witherlord's. He will not be able to corrupt it. The same is not true of any other source of power."

25 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

All of TLT is in the same grouping, and travel in and out is blocked off. There is not really room for travel between discordant universes. Anywhere they could have come from would have been saturated with Narrator energy, which would be sufficient to support them in whatever universe they went to subsequently- it doesn't really track that they would absorb luxite energy, especially given how exceedingly rare it is. In addition, the power they would have absorbed would be sentient elementals with a vested interest in not being swallowed up.

The Knight shook his head. "Your power is antithetical to that of the Witherlord's. He will not be able to corrupt it. The same is not true of any other source of power."

I gave you an explanation of how they shattered, I don't know enough about luxsprites and their energy to fit them with the skeins. In essence, Drozor is a worldhopper to the tenth power, but a side effect of his world hopping is that he is prone to shattering into elemental forms due to shock of entering other planar groups, and he entered before a bar of sufficient power blocked him. This was only possible because it was before the other planar group gained much distance and seperated, but was different enough to have a slight shock. The advent of the Witherlord completed the shattering, he was in a coma-like state before, trying to stay together.

The Spectra gave the impression of grinning at him (kinda hard to grin when you don't really have a face, like the Spectra and Derka) "That may be, but the way we use power is also part of it, we can use any without being corrupted by it, it is merely a means to an end. We even used the Witherlord's energy once by mistake. Regardless, we do not have sufficient power and concentration to do the Binding and the Time-shaping to accelerate it. If another could do the time shaping or provide the power, we could do it."

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I gave you an explanation of how they shattered, I don't know enough about luxsprites and their energy to fit them with the skeins. In essence, Drozor is a worldhopper to the tenth power, but a side effect of his world hopping is that he is prone to shattering into elemental forms due to shock of entering other planar groups, and he entered before a bar of sufficient power blocked him. This was only possible because it was before the other planar group gained much distance and seperated, but was different enough to have a slight shock. The advent of the Witherlord completed the shattering, he was in a coma-like state before, trying to stay together.

The Spectra gave the impression of grinning at him (kinda hard to grin when you don't really have a face, like the Spectra and Derka) "That may be, but the way we use power is also part of it, we can use any without being corrupted by it, it is merely a means to an end. We even used the Witherlord's energy once by mistake. Regardless, we do not have sufficient power and concentration to do the Binding and the Time-shaping to accelerate it. If another could do the time shaping or provide the power, we could do it."

Well, a long time ago the luxsprites built up an empire of connected universes using their light-ordered energy. (Light in terms of TLT fundamental metaphysics means existence; darkness is nonexistence.) Opposing them were the withergeists, of chaotic-dark. They yearned to tear down existence, but they were too scattered against the luxsprites' might.

Then, one day, a luxsprite by the name of Xinoehp made a terrible mistake. In an attempt to mix the two energies together, he accidentally let the Witherlord into the very heart of luxsprite civilization. With glee the delicate network of luxite crystals was shattered, and withergeists released on the unsuspecting citizenry. Before very long, the withergeists had attacked and corrupted every luxsprite they could find. The surviving races fought back as best they could. Unfortunately, a new threat had arisen with the fall of the luxsprites; Narrators. With their chaotic-light power, they reshaped universes on a whim. Caught between two impossibly powerful forces, there was little the survivors could do but die. It was in this dark time that the first mimes appeared. Led by Silence, they used their ordered-dark abilities to seal away the Narrators and the withergeists away in a prison universes wide. Because of the sheer size of the prison, it was nicknamed the Longest Thread.

That was an impossibly long time ago. For much of that time, the Witherlord was without a host. Recently, however, he has stepped up his activities with the goal of breaking free.

Where Drozor fits is as a guardian of one of the crystals within the Luxsprite network. When the crystal shattered, he shattered with it, forming the six skeins. So they would remain - shattered - from ancient times to today. 

Given their similarity to the already established elementals, and their capability of binding the Witherlord, this is the explanation that makes the most sense in the context of what exists.

"We shall see about that, when next we meet again," the Knight declared, standing up to depart.

12 hours ago, Nameless said:

Micheal cursed and then teleported them away. Spook held the luxesprite in his pocket, wondering if the next place they were going was the place they wanted to go.

Meanwhile Thaidakar and Thaidakar #2 were getting angry at Nameless, and were planning what to do about it.

13 hours ago, Nameless said:

There was an approaching scream.

The wanderer careened into reality, tumbling painfully onto the floor near Nameless.