The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

The Ghanderflaffle Empire was rising.

The Ghanderflaffle Empire had been growing like a mushroom for the past hundred years.

When I first heard that the Ghanderflaffle Empire was rising, I couldn't understand. It was like a fairy tale, like something my friends in high school told me. The Ghanderflaffle Empire was a fairy tale I didn't know. It wasn't real.

The Ghanderflaffle Empire had never existed. It was just stories I had heard.

But now the Ghanderflaffle Empire was rising. It was an unstoppable force that would sweep across the entire continent. The Ghanderflaffle Empire had already reached the border of the Human Empire, and the Human Empire wasn't taking any chances.

The Ghanderflaffle Empire was coming to destroy me.

What was I supposed to do? Should I leave? Should I stay and be a puppet of the Ghanderflaffle Empire? I

This one needed to be here.

Jasnah Kholin was deadly afraid of toasters.

One day, when she was in a magical land populated by plastic forks, she came across a giant toaster. Jasnah screamed, which she would never admit to later, and ran away. Alas, she tripped on one of the plastic forks, and broke him in half. 

Jasnah, who it might be mentioned was six years old, was traumatized. She ran away from the magical land of plastic forks to a gentler time where there were no plastics, or toasters.

I apologize for the spoilers, as I believe this will be apart the flashbacks in the next volume of the Stormlight Archive.