Therory jasnah falls in love with kaladin

ddleg

Because it's the King of Herdaz's daughter that Lopen will marry, and Lopen will clearly end up with Jasnah, we can extract from that Glimpse that Alethkar will annex Herdaz and execute its nobility.

But when Jasnah seeks Lopen's hand in marriage she has difficulty in finding it ...... :o

If she does find it, its propably rather smelly and disgusting too :P

Back to Kaladin and Jasnah.

Now, the propriety of it, lighteye and darkeye, old/young.

I would think Jasnah perfectly able to ignore all such and to hell with what people think if she choose to. given that she dont care being seen as a heretic in a world with basically one religion(if with different twists) and magic around for all to see.

I think Kaladin is at least another book away from a situation where he can even contemplate a relationship, and even then, I don't think he will be looking for a light eyed woman. Nor do I think that any amount of pressure placed upon him by future peers or authority figures will be enough to convince him to marry someone unless it is what he personally wants to do. I could be wrong since his parents basically did their best to groom him as a suitable match for a brightlady, but I have serious doubts that he has any interest in pursuing such a relationship, or any romantic relationship at all, at this time.

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought Jasnah and Kal would end up together. Age doesn't matters, especially if they end up being immortal... or die like other characters from another series. Shallan will either end up with Renarin or Lopen. But I believe Rock is a serious candidate for her too:

“A Horneater?” the man said, leaning down, inspecting Shallan’s red hair. “Wearing a Vorin dress. Rock would have a fit.”
Edited by Cracknut

Jasnah and Lopen! Oh, that idea makes me so happy, though I'm not too sure why..... He'd definitely help her lighten up a bit, at least.

Out of all the characters that have been introduced so far, if Jasnah were even to HAVE a love interest within the course of this series (which I personally doubt will happen), I could most see her falling in love with Hoid. All the other male characters are related to her, or not on the same level with her intellectually. Hoid has a mind at least equal to hers, millennia's worth of knowledge, and insane musical talent. What's not to love?

This pairing does disturb me for some reason. No real reason why. I just don't picture them being fit for one another. I love each of them individually, just don't see them really connecting for some reason.

I have to disagree.  They're both scholars and quite intelligent.  Jasnah's abilities in this area are obvious.  But Kaladin also has a very extensive medical background due to the training from his father.  And if things ever calm down somewhat so that at least a week goes by when no one's trying to kill him ( :P ), I could see him starting to revert back toward increasing his knowledge.  Having said that, you'd need to stick the two of them together for a while to see how exactly they got along.

And on that note, I had an odd thought after finishing WoR.  Hoid mentions that he and Jasnah are roughly a week away from civilization.  But he never mentions what civilization they're a week out from.  I'll laugh if the nearest settlement turns out to be a certain community where a disgraced light-eyes is living out his political exile from the Alethi court.

Szeth I think is a better fit for Jasnah. Part of this is a meta-argument: Szeth is ~36, and of all of the Radiants (or Radiant candidates) he's the one she'd have the most reason to have deep personal issues with, automatically making it more dramatically likely.

I think Jasnah will spend most of Book 3 with Kaladin, but that's mostly a number-of-PoV meta argument. There are at least 3 PoV locations in the next book neglecting Jasnah (Urithiru, Szeth, and Kaladin) plus probably a handful of other locations as e.g. Dalinar or Shallan take short field trips. Having another major PoV is going to be difficult to juggle, and I don't expect (hopefully) that one of the main characters will be Put On A Bus again.

And on that note, I had an odd thought after finishing WoR.  Hoid mentions that he and Jasnah are roughly a week away from civilization.  But he never mentions what civilization they're a week out from.  I'll laugh if the nearest settlement turns out to be a certain community where a disgraced light-eyes is living out his political exile from the Alethi court.

That would be fantastic. Kaladin demands to know who she is, and she tells him, and he's all "not another one!"

Jasnah needs no man. I'm actually rooting for her to be a character that doesn't end up in a romantic entanglement.

That or she becomes immortal like Hoid and they have wacky Cosmere adventures where she continually challenges his notion of life.

YES TO JASNOID

Guest Monster Energy

You're all crazy.

Lopen will inhale Stormlight in front of Elhokar and regrow his arm fully with enough stormlight leftover to still glow. Elhokar will say, "Lopen. You have regrown your arm, and this is impressive, but you also glow. For this, you may marry my sister."

It will be troo luv 4eva.

You're all crazy.

Lopen will inhale Stormlight in front of Elhokar and regrow his arm fully with enough stormlight leftover to still glow. Elhokar will say, "Lopen. You have regrown your arm, and this is impressive, but you also glow. For this, you may marry my sister."

It will be troo luv 4eva.

The thought of Jasnah needing permission from Elhokar on anything breaks my brain. I think the converse is more likely: "Lopen. You have stuck my ward on the wall, and this is impressive, but your mother can make my brother eat his vegetables. For this, you may marry my brother."

The whirlwind romance between two unlikely lovers against an end-of-the-world backdrop is hands-down the most overdone, obnoxious fantasy trope. How about this for originality: Jasnah sneaks off for an hour, pours herself a bubble bath and a glass of wine, conjures up a Shard-rabbit and goes to town solo. Then she gets dressed and proceeds with the business of saving the world.

Guest Monster Energy

On a more serious note, I don't anticipate a romantic relationship for Jasnah. Respect is far, far more important to a long term committed relationship than love is. Jasnah, even before she was a Surgebinder, was nearly peerless on Roshar. It's hard to respect someone if they're not your equal, and I doubt Jasnah has much use for someone who makes her feel butterflies in her tummy without contributing to the relationship in other ways.

In fact, she probably views relationships that don't lead to marriage as frivolous distractions, and views marriage for what it is: a man and a woman who respect and love each other and have agreed to mutually support each other in the endeavor of raising children, which is arguably the most important responsibility anyone can have.

Even if Jasnah decided to have children, I suspect the first thing she would do to provide them, before she even concieved, with a solid future would be to fix this whole end of the world business that's going on.

No, relationships to Jasnah aren't about feeling lovey-dovey; they're about two mutually supporting adults who respect each other.

What if she mixed love with her scholastic pursuits?

A story of redemption. 

Eshonai is her bitter enemy, until... Jasnah finds a way to redeem her from the hateful spren she is bound to.

She falls in love as Jasnah learns more about the Parshendi than she could have ever expected.