9 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Drake Marshall, how do you propose we gain more information for the D2 lynch if we only RP today?[/quote]
You continue in that post to talk about items, which seems to me to be a very safe topic, not risking controversy, but appearing to create discussion. What did you hope to get from a discussion on items?

@Drake Marshall, why the significant turn around on D1 lynches from earlier this cycle? Something to do with the players currently up for the lynch?
You, too, have played a large number of games with Straw, and I can’t see you really thinking that his D1 inactivity is remotely alignment indicative.

Well, I applaud you for asking questions to basically everyone that are liable to give us some proper reads on people.

To the first question, what I hoped to get from a discussion on items was: time. You are quite right, I deliberately chose that discussion topic as a safe one. I wanted to be present in discussion (and thus receive gold), but I wasn't ready to discuss the lynch yet. And apart from items and lynching, what is there to discuss? This is a blackout game, so I can't hardly make a post discussing the implications of roles, which is what most people do when they don't want to cast a vote yet.

To the second question, I wouldn't call it a significant turnaround. By your own reasoning, you've played a significant number of games with me, and therefore you could confirm that I am frequently disparaging D1 lynches, but that I basically always cast a vote by the end of the cycle, regardless. I don't think it's really contradictory to say that I don't like D1 lynches but that I still participate in them because they are necessary.

And yes, my vote does have something to do with the players currently up for the lynch. Namely, I thought Straw was a better lynch target than Cloud, which is exactly how I explained my vote at the time I cast it. I believe players ought to consider the impact of their vote before casting a vote. If I felt strongly about another candidate, I would have voted on them. But otherwise, it makes sense to look at who is actually up for lynch, and choose between them.

I agree that Straw's actions (or lack thereof) didn't exactly constitute damning evidence, but you have to work with what you have on a D1 lynch. Are you really that sure that Cloud or Roadwalker would have made a better lynch?

That aside... Hm. I think I'll make an RP post soon. Gold is nice. Also RP is part of what makes it Sanderson Elimination, and not just Elimination.

I'll read up on the prior cycles and do more analysis on the next day cycle.

5 - Elantris

Everything seemed to happen as a blur. The Dakhor creature attacked their group, and one of their party drew a sword on it. Next thing Requiem knew, one of their party was dead, and the Dakhor was fighting amidst them.

Then a sharp crack punctuated the air.

The Dakhor lay sprawled across the ground, lifeless, a bullet hole in it's head. Requiem never really read Silverlight's history books very carefully, but he didn't think Sel was supposed to have firearms yet.

The gunshot had come from the doorway of a shop. The newcomer stepped out, dropping their weapon. "I always hate using guns. Feels like cheating."

Cheating? Hardly. Tanavast had tried to fight fair, and look where that got him. People didn't fight to figure out who was better at fighting, they fought for a cause.

Still, in Requiem's experience, guns were rarely the right answer to a conflict. You couldn't use a gun to fight Rayse; the only real weapon was your mind.

"Anyway, we have to get to Elantris as fast as possible. We need to rendezvous with the others still arriving in from the Cognitive Realm. He wanted me to give each of you something, but there isn't time. I'll have to take them with us." Strider revealed a box that looked eerily similar to the one which had contained the hooded man's Essence Marks.

That was odd. If their destination was Elantris, why meet in Kae? Requiem wished the hooded man would be less cryptic about his plans. But the only way to get to the bottom of this would be to go along with them. It could be a trap, but at least it would be an informative one.

And so he followed the others to Elantris.

Edited by Drake Marshall

12 hours ago, Manukos said:

The analyzer has arived !!! :-) +1

For my part I was suspicious of asterion and still am cos he seemed to overreact to something minor ytzi did (ithink ) and later he jumped on the banwagon fairly quick . I knoq that this doesnt count for much since we dont have much to go on or theorize but idk his voting seems to me much weirder than cloud's "mistake" 

As for the second one it is a referance to my first game , that big one with worldhopping, hoid and shards, where I was super into it but got misslynched d2or3 for making rookie mistakes and slips of the tougne

@Manukos, do you think that Asterion remains the most suspicious player it the game to you? Who else do you find suspicious, and why? Wat do you think of the speed with which the bandwagon sprung up on Straw?

8 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

Oh, I'm sure the confusion is genuine.  Whether that was a villager getting confused, or an elim getting confused about which villager they could throw suspicion on...that's a different question.

If Drake and Manukos turn out to be one elim and one village, then the confusion is a basis for a village read on BR, but until and unless that's the case, I'm inclined to say NAI.

Also: I will be unavailable for the last few hours of this cycle, and the first half or so of the next.

I agree that Brightness definitely isn't cleared, but do think her confusion is more likely to have come from a villager.

6 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

So I have had to explain this every time I join a bandwagon.

The reason you join a bandwagon is because people (like Orlok) have made convincing cases so the pedestrians (most of the rest of us) are convinced and so fall in behind the mob leaders.

I have three main issues with this post, @Roadwalker. The first is that my cases for voting on Manukos and Cloudjumper were not "convincing cases". They were observations of behaviour on D1 that needed an explanation, and were deserved of pressure, not a flawless case for their lynch. 

Secondly, if you are going to join a bandwagon, explain why you find it convincing. What part of the argument made you believe the player you are voting on is evil. If you're a villager, you want to be able to be analysed, so we can determine your innocence and move on to looking at other players.

Lastly, and most importantly, everyone is capable of analysis. Your case may not appear to be the most certain, nor written in persuasive language, but you're capable of thought, and of working out what doesn't seem right. Be confident in yourself. You'll either be right, show your innocence through demonstrating your thought process, or you will learn how to better analyse future games. 

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

Well, I applaud you for asking questions to basically everyone that are liable to give us some proper reads on people.

To the first question, what I hoped to get from a discussion on items was: time. You are quite right, I deliberately chose that discussion topic as a safe one. I wanted to be present in discussion (and thus receive gold), but I wasn't ready to discuss the lynch yet. And apart from items and lynching, what is there to discuss? This is a blackout game, so I can't hardly make a post discussing the implications of roles, which is what most people do when they don't want to cast a vote yet.

@Drake Marshall, I would ask, then, why you dodn't want to discuss the lynch, yet. The lynch gets more and more useful the more information we generate, and we generate information far better through a lynch discussion than a discussion on items. Trying to guide discussion onto items not only prevents you making incriminating statements, but also undermines our attempts to get reads on other players.

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

To the second question, I wouldn't call it a significant turnaround. By your own reasoning, you've played a significant number of games with me, and therefore you could confirm that I am frequently disparaging D1 lynches, but that I basically always cast a vote by the end of the cycle, regardless. I don't think it's really contradictory to say that I don't like D1 lynches but that I still participate in them because they are necessary.

And yes, my vote does have something to do with the players currently up for the lynch. Namely, I thought Straw was a better lynch target than Cloud, which is exactly how I explained my vote at the time I cast it. I believe players ought to consider the impact of their vote before casting a vote. If I felt strongly about another candidate, I would have voted on them. But otherwise, it makes sense to look at who is actually up for lynch, and choose between them.

I agree that Straw's actions (or lack thereof) didn't exactly constitute damning evidence, but you have to work with what you have on a D1 lynch. Are you really that sure that Cloud or Roadwalker would have made a better lynch?

I would argue that Straw's actions didn't constitute any evidence at all. Would you be able to tell me why you consider replicating the exact behaviour Straw has carried out in twenty games previously, whilst simultaneously announcing that he's going to be inactive on the site for a period of time covering the entire lynch, is worthy of being killed? Why is that more suspicious than the statements made by Cloud or Manukos, both of whom actually made a positive action increasing the likelihood of their being evil, whilst Straw was inactive, as he had declared himself to be? Checking in on the thread is hardly reason to lynch someone. There have been many times when I've been away, either having only a minute of time, but trying to keep up, or with very sporadic internet, and so have checked the thread and not posted.

Congrats @Alvron for suing Mr. Hooded Cloak.

Silver shook his head. Foolish, foolish, foolish. He had forgotten the bullets when he reformed. Foolish, foolish foolish. Where in the world was he going to get bullets in this place? Anyway, back to the matter at hand. The Dakhor swung wildly at the assembled villagers (and evil traitors). Silver jumped onto its back, pecking at its eyes. It moved inhumanly fast. Too bad Silver wasn't human. He swiped wildly where the creatures brain stem should be, but nothing happened. He clawed out one of the creatures eyes, but got a smack that sent him through a wall. Silver sat up and moaned, holding one wing. His eye caught something SHINY. He played with it for a minute before he realized that it was an empty revolver round. Silver sat up abruptly. OW! He immediately wished he hadn't. Acting fast, but not fast enough to hurt, he loaded his gun. He stepped out through a broken window. He raised his gun.

BANG!

The Dakhor instantly crumpled to the ground, bleeding profusely from its head. A man stood in the doorway of a nearby shop--"Strider's Armory"--with a nice looking magnum in his hand. Silver Feather stared at him in surprise, while the wanderer kicked the Dakhor. It wasn't getting up anytime soon. "THAT IS UNFAIR! I almost had him! I had a perfect shot lined up! Why?" Of course, Silver was now a bird and thus could not communicate with the humans through the use of vocal speech. Dang.

Over 250

11 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I have three main issues with this post, @Roadwalker. The first is that my cases for voting on Manukos and Cloudjumper were not "convincing cases". They were observations of behaviour on D1 that needed an explanation, and were deserved of pressure, not a flawless case for their lynch. Which is what D1 lynches are made of.

Secondly, if you are going to join a bandwagon, explain why you find it convincing. What part of the argument made you believe the player you are voting on is evil. If you're a villager, you want to be able to be analysed, so we can determine your innocence and move on to looking at other players. Ok.

Lastly, and most importantly, everyone is capable of analysis. Your case may not appear to be the most certain, nor written in persuasive language, but you're capable of thought, and of working out what doesn't seem right. Be confident in yourself. You'll either be right, show your innocence through demonstrating your thought process, or you will learn how to better analyse future games.  In that case, I think that Aster is being too quiet and that cloud is guilty because of his "Mistake" or deliberate IKYK. This is basically just gut read, but it's pretty much all I have right now.

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

EVERYONE WITH A FREE ACTION PLEASE TRY TO ROB MR. HOODED CLOAK.

IF WE ALL GANG UP ON HIM WE MAY SUCCEED. :P

Edited by Roadwalker
Gut READ not gut lead. Gut lead sounds painful. And deadly.

13 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Apologies all for the long post below. I'd like to hear responses to the below questions, and thoughts from other players on the issues I've raised. There's no point ceasing discussion simply because this is a night cycle.

@Alvron why did you open with a vote on Straw? You’ve seen the number of times that his playstyle has got him mislynched on D1, and he’s an easy way for eliminators to prevent useful D1 lynch discussions.

@Alvron, highlighting this post too, I’d reiterate my earlier question, and ask why you think that this playstyle is remotely alignment indicative for Straw? If you don’t think it alignment indicative, why waste the D1 lynch on him?

I opened with a vote on Straw simply for the fun of it.  I even implied as such in my post.  In no way did I intend at that time for it to remain there but when he did respond even while being online, I decided that I will keep it there until I haired from him. (Yes Yitzi, I did that just for you)

At no stage did I say or even imply that his not posting was alignment indicative as you well know.  And I also didn't *waste* a lynch on him as I was the first one to vote on him and was the only player to have voted on him until the last quarter of the cycle when I pointed out that he was the only player to have a vote on them but not to have posted.  Others decided to follow and vote on him.  

For a little more as to why I left my vote there, see below.

5 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

"Evidence for what?"

-

"All rise for the Honorable Judge Phil." The choice of judge was perhaps unreasonable, but it had been done at the last minute.

"You may be seated," he said, speaking out loud for once instead of in everyone's heads. "Court is now in session for the case of Mr. Albert Vron v. Mr. Hooded Cloak. Would the plaintiff please stand and give his opening statement?"

"Very well," said the man with the red facemask, apparently Mr. Vron. "I was assaulted by the defendant last night in this very spot."

"You were in the middle of attempted theft," the hooded man said. "Exhibit A: This box of two Essence Marks. Worth a great deal more than 20 gold, the level at which it would be a felony to rob. According to Silverlight law, I could not be punished by kicking you while trying to steal it."

"OBJECTION! I wasn't trying to steal it, just trying to, you know, borrow it for a while. After all, I would die without one."

"I already gave you one, Mr. Vron. You didn't try to swallow it like someone here, did you?" He glared at an innocent man in the gallery, who just shrugged.

"Order in the court!" Phil banged his gavel. "This trial is a farce! I--"

"INDEED IT IS, 'JUDGE PHIL.'" Odium. "PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE FOCUSED ON THE REAL ISSUE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO APPEASE THIS PATHETIC MORTAL."

"Objection!" Al Vron said. "That was...objectionable!"

"AS I WAS SAYING, YOU ARRIVED JUST IN TIME TO WITNESS THE DEATH OF THE GODS AND THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS REALM. BEHOLD, THE POWER OF LORD ODIUM!"

The sky was pierced with a sound like shattering glass. The world turned red--or rather, it seemed that the world was drained of every color except red. A great tear had been slashed across the heavens. It bled. A body slowly descended from the sky, carried by tendrils of energy. The hooded man caught it in his arms. It was the corpse of a woman. "Aona." he whispered. "Odium, you will pay! For her and for Sel!"

"I'M NOT FINISHED HERE YET. SKAI, WHERE ARE YOU? COME OUT AND PLAY."

"Now would be a very good time to use your Mark!" the hooded man shouted, cradling the Vessel's body in his arms. He turned on the spot and the other spirits saw him change, glowing faintly but now in the physical realm.

"YES, RUN, FOOLS. SEE HOW YOU CANNOT STAND AGAINST ME."

OBJECTION!  Phil is hardly an unbiased judge.  I demand a retrial!

And I would like Odium as my lawyer.

3 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Vote Tally:
Straw (5): Alvron, Araris, Cloud, Drake, Clanky
Cloud (4): Aster, Yitzi, Flash, Roadwalker
Manukos (1): Brightness
Roadwalker (1): Orlok

Well crap.  If I had seen that Clanky had broken the tie I would've removed my vote.  I much prefer it when we have a tied vote as then we get to see how the dice fall.  It also allows us to see if anyone tries to break the tie and save a fellow elim.  Should Cloud turn out to be evil, my top suspect will be Clanky.

4 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Congrats @Alvron for suing Mr. Hooded Cloak.

It's not over yet.  Stay tuned for more crazy escapades from Mr, Red Facemask.

7 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Drake Marshall, I would ask, then, why you dodn't want to discuss the lynch, yet. The lynch gets more and more useful the more information we generate, and we generate information far better through a lynch discussion than a discussion on items. Trying to guide discussion onto items not only prevents you making incriminating statements, but also undermines our attempts to get reads on other players.

I did discuss the lynch. I just wanted time to think about it first, and come up with a decision. You yourself were just recently encouraging people to think for themselves, no? The point of voting isn't only to give you a read on me, it's also to make the most informed decision I possibly can. Which sometimes means taking some time to form an opinion.

I don't have to make 100% of my posts be completely game relevant. If I want to discuss items, I can and will do so with impunity. Provided I sufficiently discuss the lynch in other posts (which I did), there is no reason why I shouldn't discuss less relevant things as well.

1 hour ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I would argue that Straw's actions didn't constitute any evidence at all.

I saw things differently. If that is not yet evident.

Nevertheless, your argument has been noted, and will be taken into due consideration if future lynches of a similar nature come up.

1 hour ago, Yitzi2 said:

Perhaps not the best idea; the Shard of Hate might be more inclined to set a precedent of torturing all the parties involved.

It should however keep him busy enough that he can't go hunting any more Shards.

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

Well crap.  If I had seen that Clanky had broken the tie I would've removed my vote.  I much prefer it when we have a tied vote as then we get to see how the dice fall.  It also allows us to see if anyone tries to break the tie and save a fellow elim.  Should Cloud turn out to be evil, my top suspect will be Clanky.

It's not over yet.  Stay tuned for more crazy escapades from Mr, Red Facemask.

And that would be fully justified. I'm surprised I haven't gotten more flak for breaking the tie already.

7 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

The newcomer, probably "Strider", shook his head and dropped the thing to the ground. "I always hate using guns. Feels like cheating. Anyway, we have to get to Elantris as fast as possible. We need to rendezvous with the others still arriving in from the Cognitive Realm. He wanted me to give each of you something, but there isn't time. I'll have to take them with us." Strider revealed a box that looked eerily similar to the one which had contained the hooded man's Essence Marks. "To your feet, guardians of time. Today we run...to Elantris!"

Does this make anyone else think we will be jumping from planet to planet getting new essence marks (or spikes or whatever) that give us new roles based upon every new planet we go to?

18 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

If Alvron got a mark, does that clear him of being Odium?

I find it mildly of interest that you automatically assume that there is a role called Odium in this game. And to a lesser extent that Odium is one of the two who didn't get a mark.

The writeups do reference Odium, but I kind of figured that he was going to be the big bad behind the scenes, not an actual player controlled role in this game.

I understand that this isn't necessarily suspicious. This could just be you speculating (especially if we ever can confirm that there isn't an Odium role). But I will still point this out as potentially alignment indicative.

2 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Manukos, do you think that Asterion remains the most suspicious player it the game to you? Who else do you find suspicious, and why? Wat do you think of the speed with which the bandwagon sprung up on Straw?

Noooooo I spent 40 minutes making my reply and now it all went down the drain cos my stupid phone felt like refreshing . Bah ill try to reconstruct it to rhe best of my intoxicated abilities

Asterion hasnt posted anything too important this cycle to change my opinion , but i wouldnt  call him the most suspicious , perhaps I focused too much on him and as a result I have not anyone else on my list , I need to analyze the straw lynch cos it was certainly odd . Especially since I belive he posted with blue something about him having a family emergency and being absent until whenever but prior to  my analysis I can see two scenarios 

Cloud is vilagea, meaning that the elims didnt care who dies , so they avoided bandwagons or abstained altogether

Or cloud is an elim so one of them lead the lynch on straw or ... they didn't want to be implicated so they abstained andbwere lucky...? (Ok i cant remember what I had as a second option :p)

So out of all the players I belive that lynching cloud will provide us with the most information.(note: after analyzing the lynch for my self my views could change but I wanted to post something tonight and since I am not on peak efficiency I would like to leave the analysis for tomorrow)

Feedback is more than welcome and I feel like I am missing something here :/  

43 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

I find it mildly of interest that you automatically assume that there is a role called Odium in this game. And to a lesser extent that Odium is one of the two who didn't get a mark.

The writeups do reference Odium, but I kind of figured that he was going to be the big bad behind the scenes, not an actual player controlled role in this game.

I understand that this isn't necessarily suspicious. This could just be you speculating (especially if we ever can confirm that there isn't an Odium role). But I will still point this out as potentially alignment indicative.

I was thinking that a shard (or maybe a spren?) is the only kind of being that comes to mind that wouldn't be able to use an essence mark since they're so heavily invested 

5 hours ago, Alvron said:

I opened with a vote on Straw simply for the fun of it.  I even implied as such in my post.  In no way did I intend at that time for it to remain there but when he did respond even while being online, I decided that I will keep it there until I haired from him. (Yes Yitzi, I did that just for you)

At no stage did I say or even imply that his not posting was alignment indicative as you well know.  And I also didn't *waste* a lynch on him as I was the first one to vote on him and was the only player to have voted on him until the last quarter of the cycle when I pointed out that he was the only player to have a vote on them but not to have posted.  Others decided to follow and vote on him.  

For a little more as to why I left my vote there, see below.

@Alvron, to be clear, I have no issue with your initial vote on him. My suspicion comes from leaving the vote on him, and then the sudden materialisation of votes for Straw. You acknowledged in the thread that Straw had reason for inactivity, but left a toe there, which presented Straw as a choice for the lynch. 

3 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

I did discuss the lynch. I just wanted time to think about it first, and come up with a decision. You yourself were just recently encouraging people to think for themselves, no? The point of voting isn't only to give you a read on me, it's also to make the most informed decision I possibly can. Which sometimes means taking some time to form an opinion.

I don't have to make 100% of my posts be completely game relevant. If I want to discuss items, I can and will do so with impunity. Provided I sufficiently discuss the lynch in other posts (which I did), there is no reason why I shouldn't discuss less relevant things as well.

I saw things differently. If that is not yet evident.

Nevertheless, your argument has been noted, and will be taken into due consideration if future lynches of a similar nature come up.

@Drake Marshall, I certainly don't have a problem with items being discussed, but sought to call out that you were avoiding alignment indicative topics, and to pressure you on it. I know that it's one of my own tells as an eliminator to begin by discussing something unrelated to players, and NAI, so thought it worth questioning you.

3 hours ago, Clanky said:

And that would be fully justified. I'm surprised I haven't gotten more flak for breaking the tie already.

@Clanky, would you explain why you did break the tie in that manner, claiming it was for the contribution crusade, when it had already been made clear in thread that STraw would be away for some time?

2 hours ago, Manukos said:

Noooooo I spent 40 minutes making my reply and now it all went down the drain cos my stupid phone felt like refreshing . Bah ill try to reconstruct it to rhe best of my intoxicated abilities

Asterion hasnt posted anything too important this cycle to change my opinion , but i wouldnt  call him the most suspicious , perhaps I focused too much on him and as a result I have not anyone else on my list , I need to analyze the straw lynch cos it was certainly odd . Especially since I belive he posted with blue something about him having a family emergency and being absent until whenever but prior to  my analysis I can see two scenarios 

Cloud is vilagea, meaning that the elims didnt care who dies , so they avoided bandwagons or abstained altogether

Or cloud is an elim so one of them lead the lynch on straw or ... they didn't want to be implicated so they abstained andbwere lucky...? (Ok i cant remember what I had as a second option :p)

So out of all the players I belive that lynching cloud will provide us with the most information.(note: after analyzing the lynch for my self my views could change but I wanted to post something tonight and since I am not on peak efficiency I would like to leave the analysis for tomorrow)

Feedback is more than welcome and I feel like I am missing something here :/  

@Manukos, I'd draw attention to two things you've said, and ask for an explanation. "I wouldn't call him the most suspicious", and "I have not anyone else on my list". If he isn't the most suspicious player to you, who is? This reads to me like an attempt to avoid over committing to something, or hedging your view.

I do agree, though, that lynching Cloud would give us a great deal of information. Equally, we want to avoid a bandwagon on Cloud on D2, which would be significantly reduce the information available to us to consider during N2, and on D3.

Chapter 3: Light of the Gods

Warning: Contains major spoilers for Elantris.

A second rip tore the sky of the Cognitive Realm. Odium smiled as the air around him surged with power. The hooded man and his acolytes had fled to the Physical Realm. Now that the rest of the power was scattered, he could focus on removing his opponents from the board. Starting with…

“MINIONS, I ORDER YOU TO ELIMINATE…HIM.”

“We obey.”

-

Strider and his fourteen companions ran to Elantris. Compared to the distance they had traveled from the mountainside pool to Kae, Elantris was practically across the road. They encountered two more Dakhor along the way, but his gun (“magic”, the others called it) made short work of them, and they continued uninhibited to the gates of Elantris.

They were met with a horrific sight. The fires they had seen from afar were pyres. Elantrian bodies were being piled on them by Fjordell priests, and they looked still alive.

That wasn’t the worst part. Twenty—no, thirty Dakhor stood guard at the city gates. They bared their teeth and drew their weapons. “Nice of you to join us,” one said. “We will burn your corpses with the others.”

Strider drew his gun and squeezed off three rounds, hitting two of the demons. The others readied their various spears and axes. Worthless in a fight like this. He pulled the trigger once more but only head a click. Muttering about six-shooters, he tossed the gun aside and unsheathed his massive longsword. It glinted in the sun. This is a real weapon.

Surrounded and outnumbered, he knew this was a battle he couldn’t win. But he and Andúril would go down fighting.

-

Raoden ran.

I will not give in. I will not join the Hoed. I will not give in. I will not join the Hoed.

He didn’t know how long it had been since the Shardpool. He didn’t think about it.

Left, right, left, right. I will not give in.

He dragged the stick across the ground. His pursuer was gaining. He didn’t think about it.

Left, right, left, right. I will not join them.

He didn’t think about anything except putting one foot in front of the other.

-

“Free consultation tomorrow at 8, alright?”

With these words of departure to Odium, Mr. Red Facemask applied his Essence Mark and shifted realms. The eyes of his new body flicked open. He was in a burning city, surrounded by red-robed men and demons. His companions from earlier were fighting, but their strikes barely scratched their combatants.

Next to him was Innocent Joe, Daniyah, Aralis, and the hooded man, still holding Aona’s body. He didn’t know where the others were, and he tried to push that thought out of his mind.

Looks like I’m out of the frying pan and into the fire.

-

Left…right…left……..

Was he wrong about the Aons, about everything? Would they all die because of it?

Right……

Raoden completed the line. Elantris erupted in light.

-

Requiem fought beside Strider. The blades of their swords did little, so they adopted a new tactic, swinging with extreme force as if to bludgeon the demons. It wasn’t enough. There were too many of them and they had too much stamina.

As Requiem parried a blow, someone came flying in from behind the Dahkor, landing beside it and kicking it with full force (he was sure he heard bones break). It was the cloaked man, hood fallen down and a look of rage he had never seen. Daniyah, Aralis, Innocent Joe, and Facemask followed close behind.

Then the walls of the city began to glow, not gradually but in one radiant instant. The Dakhor looked around, blinded by the sudden light and new opponents. The walls of Elantris weren’t the only thing glowing—the burning Elantrians shone with purity and rose, completely uninjured, to their feet.

The demons fled. “Follow them!” the cloaked man commanded. Strider and the others ran to the streets in pursuit. “Let’s hunt some Dakhor.”

-

“Looks like we’ve searched this whole area,” Eobard said. They had split into groups to hunt the Dakhor; Strider, Eobard, Facemask, and the bird had comprised one group. After looking through their corner of the glowing city, they hadn’t even seen a mouse. “I think we’re clear—“

“Ex-ter-minate. Ex-ter-minate.” A group of what looked like huge metallic salt shakers came around a corner. Eobard would have laughed if they hadn’t looked so lethal.

“Merciful Ilúvatar,” Strider said, “how many superpowered fighters does this Odium have?”

Beams of magical energy shot from the salt shakers. Everyone scattered, everyone except Eobard, who just smiled. “Bring it on, you top-heavy rust buckets.” He ran like lightning up to the things and slashed at one as hard as he could.

It bounced off.

“Again!” he shouted. “Not fair…”

The magical energy weapons hit him, and he fell dead.

-

The bird had fled at first sight of the metal salt shakers. Now, it doubled back around to the city gates. If I could just get past Mr. Hooded Cloak, it thought, maybe I could pickpocket the Vessel’s body….

Its thoughts trailed off as it saw Aona’s body and the cloaked man. His hood was still down, and he was weeping. As soon as he saw the bird, a look of utter hatred blanketed his face. “If you come one step closer to her, I will kill you so fast you won’t even need a trial.” Then he fell to his knees and sobbed.

-

Hours later, the person crept up to Eobard’s body. It was quiet now. The person lay their hand on his lifeless forehead. “Poor sap. Odium didn’t even bother to do a clean job, or even get the real one.”

Suddenly, lasers shot out of nowhere. The Daleks had waited.

The person ducked behind a building and vanished. “Allons-y!”

This is a Day cycle lasting 48 hours.

STINK has passed to the Beyond. He was an Evil person.

The Flash has died! Here is his autopsy report:

Spoiler

Flashtopsy.thumb.png.d615022519eb2364be52d56c31f40371.png

And here are the contents of his will:

Spoiler

Right now I have no idea what's going on so peace.

Ok. I am a normal villager. I had a double circle thingy. I also have a spanreed. That should randomly go to someone if I die. I also have 5 gold. They should be distributed randomly if I die. (if thats even possible). Also

The Physical Realm

5. Lucky Duke (Cloudjumper) - handy with a barrel
6. The Wanderer (Yitzi2) - definitely not Hoid
7. Vulture Sam (asterion137) - a card hustler
8. Jaspian (StrikerEZ) - talks to a stick
9. BrightnessRadiant as Herself - very confused worldhopper
10. Liz Allan (Sami) - terribly confused Marvel fanatic
11. Ister Mo (Manukos) - likes camping
12. Tautali Laust (Megasif) - valiant Radiant on a journey of self-discovery
14. Dr. C (Clanky) - Rickrolling mad scientist
15. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - I feel like this guy's died before
17. Aran (Aonar Faileas) - the hunter
18. Requiem (Drake Marshall) - Kyner from the future
19. Silver Feather (Roadwalker) - deep in thought
1. Mr, Red Facemask (Alvron) - likes to use commas
2. An Innocent Man (A Joe in the Bush) - definitely harmless
13. Daniyah as Herself - first blackout game!
16. Aralis (Araris Valerian) - former head-thumper back from the dead

The Cognitive Realm

3. Alvron (Straw) - a very confusing guy was Kiin
4. Eobard Thawne (The Flash) - DEFINITELY not an evil speedster was Arelon Villager

The Spiritual Realm

20. ppil (STINK) - had some beef with Phil

I'm proud to present today's bonus items! There are 2 items up for auction (with the second item going to the second place winner) and 1 item in the lottery.

First in the auction is The Eyes of Aman. Aside from being apparently very attractive, they are rumored to have strong powers of discernment.

The other item up for auction is a Lifeless Messenger. Under the cover of night, it can deliver messages quickly and anonymously.

The lottery item is an Essence Mark with a pattern on its face in the shape of a long spear.

red_1500868800.png

Edited by Ecthelion III