Scriptorian

She hasn't quit the internet. Therefore Renarin lives and you're trolling us mightily with these glimpses.

I second that.

But in a second thought I didn't see her in recent time maybe she are keeping her grief to herself until the release day =)

Edited by Natans

lol, I am in awe of your trolling abilities. Like, genuinely impressed. You take it to the level of an artform. You and Carl from Tor make a terrifying combination.

I have years of practice.

And Carl really did a fine job, didn't he? He even trolled me, as I said before. I got a good laugh out of that.

I'm still stuck where Renarin dies...

And you guys are talking about a feather?

People have interpreted the glimpse about Dalinar holding one of his sons as implying that either Renarin or Adolin dies. This glimpse of Adolin freaking out and running towards a body implies that someone he cares about greatly has died or been severely injured. Renarin and Dalinar are the two characters who are currently most likely to elicit such a response from him. Putting the two together, it seems likely that something happens to Renarin (though I subscribe to the theory that Renarin just collapses after doing something awesome with his theoretical Skybreaker powers). 

And Feather is a member of the forums who's well known for her fondness for Renarin.

Adolin screamed something raw, a sound that echoed in his helm. He ignored the shouts of soldiers, the sound of rain, the sudden and unnatural crack behind him. He ran to the body on the ground.

What if the body on the ground is his Ryshadium, Sureblood. He has a strong bond to that horse, so maybe someone just killed it and that's why he's screaming.

The sudden unnatural crack could be a Thunderclast breaking free of the ground.

Edited by Duskshard

I have years of practice.

And Carl really did a fine job, didn't he? He even trolled me, as I said before. I got a good laugh out of that.

Once the book's released, can you tell us what the glimpse was going to be? I'm curious what single sentence in the book held such terrible spoilerosity.

Does that mean you can't see this spoiler either?

The spoiler was that Hoid took his masters name. Hoid was, and note that this is not cannon since it is from an unpublished book, Topaz. That being said, this quote makes it partially cannon if this is the correct interpretation. The name Topaz may be what is being referred to as the gemstone.

yes it does. none of them work

Edited by Khyrindor

What if the body on the ground is his Ryshadium, Sureblood. He has a strong bond to that horse, so maybe someone just killed it and that's why he's screaming.

The sudden unnatural crack could be a Thunderclast breaking free of the ground.

Or it could be another surgebinder saying the Words, in reaction to the same thing that caused Adolin to scream...

"A crack shook the air, like an enormous clap of thunder, though the sky was completely clear.  Teft stumbled back--having just set the bridge in place--and found himself gaping with the rest of Bridge Four.... [you know what happens next]"

NOOOOOOO

not lopen. Anybody but Lopen. Teft, sure, he's got a dodgy past and a history of betrayal. Moash might be loyal, but he could be equally terrible if he was turned. Leyten - what's his deal, the innocuous blacksmith's apprentice? Peet, the quietly dependable, I'm sure is a troll and villain of epic proportions inside.

But Lopen? He's funny, inappropriate, useful, and unique in his cripplement. I'd rather Rock go evil than Lopen.

Yes. Though I'd like to see your guesses.

"Kaladin walked up the chasm wall."

Or

Szeth walked up to Dalinar. "I am Szeth-son-son-Vallano. I killed your brother. Prepare to die,"

Edited by eveorjoy

Now what would be really really funny is if Brandon and Tor pulled one over on all the fans and none of these quotes are actually taken from Words of Radiance but just made up to make people squirm.

I don't know if she's gotten to the end of the book yet.

Aha! You imply that Renarin dies during the end of the book, presumably in the climatic battle scene!

Or you intended for us to figure that out, and your troll-fu is strong.

I bow to you, sir.

Twist: Renarin has been WRITING the ars arcanum. This one ends with "the symbiotic spren acts as an argaragraaaaatellmybrothertogetasteadygirlfriendararaggaraaaa...aa...why..a...feather...in...my..(blood splatter)owww.

Look, if he was dying, he wouldn't bother to carve "Aaargh." He'd just say it.