Long Game 30: Journey Before Destination

Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Magestar said:

It costs at least 6 Honor.  <_<  I'm kinda hoping it was a Unjust, just so they can get lynched and pass the bond to me, but I realize that's not exactly logical. :P   It probably costs 8 all totaled, which is why I didn't get it last cycle.  I forgot to put in the order to spend my honor.  -sigh-

So you mean bond that formed on this cycle is Dustbringer? So my spren still free wohoo!

40 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I actually can confirm that there is now a Dustbringer.  I did go for it (It was between that and Stoneward, and I decided that Dustbringer suited Balthazar just a little more.  I wouldn't mind opinions on that, actually.  What do you guys think the best spren for Balthazar? :P)  And I was notified that another initiate has been chosen.  Which, I admit, is rather frustrating. :P  I intend to keep going for it, in the hope that I'll get it eventually.

I can also confirm that there is a Truthwatcher, and that it costs 6 Honor. I had only 5 Honor last cycle, and then I got the notification that another Initiate had been chosen. Storms, Truthwatcher would have been perfect for Sareth.

Okay, so we say with certainty that there is a Willshaper, a Dustbringer, a Truthwatcher, if the people involved are telling the truth (the Willshaper is confirmed of course), and I've learned that there is not currently a Lightweaver, unless I'm missing some details. That leaves two currently bonded spren we don't know for sure, and I'm guessing the Edgedancer spren hasn't been rebonded yet, though I'd still like to know if that's possible.

1 minute ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok, just to clarify, is there one of each type of Bond available each turn, and whoever's invested the most into it gets it? Also, Quiver. 

No, my understanding is that there is one of each type of spren for the entire game. Whoever invests the most into that type first gets it, and then they keep it as long as they have 1 unspent Honor to give it each round, and don't do something else that would break the bond (like using an Unjust action). That means there will never be more than 8 people bonded to a spren at any given point in the game.

36 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

No, my understanding is that there is one of each type of spren for the entire game. Whoever invests the most into that type first gets it, and then they keep it as long as they have 1 unspent Honor to give it each round, and don't do something else that would break the bond (like using an Unjust action). That means there will never be more than 8 people bonded to a spren at any given point in the game.

Oh ok. Thanks. 

RP:

Spoiler

Day step by step was losing his positions to the darkness. Sun was slowly drowning behind the horizon shaded clouds in bloody red colors.

I walked in the middle of a crowded street, not very good idea for fugitive, but now there was no any danger for me in that. Nobody, even someone closely familiar with me was unable to recognize me now, why? Illusion strongest that I’ve ever seen, unbreakable and unrecognizable, ideal, this illusion was affecting everything: vision, touch feeling, it even changed my voice. And all what you needed to create this one it’s just small bracelet, of course it was one charge and effect lasted hour or two not more, and of course this illusion was created not by me. But right now I was heading to meet creator of this thing.

And of course he chose to meet in most crowded place in all city. I stayed and looked on entrance in Pub Seb, an endless stream of people flowed in building and not much smaller out of it. Not without difficulty I at last pushed myself inside.

He sat behind the table in the corner, dim light of lamps reflected from his long golden-red hair that curled on ends, his favorite violin was lying on the table. I walked over and sat down on opposite side of table.

“Nium! Nice to see you again! Do you ever tasted horneater lager? Best thing that I was drinking for long time”. He smiled or better to say widened his smile, because I didn't remember when I've seen him not smiling.  In addition to violin on the table stood 5 empty mugs.

“I hope you not forget about our “business”   ?” I asked.

“Ahh… don’t rash me, calm down little bit, all will be done.” He waved to bartender to bring more beer. “And I don’t want to look greedy but you still not said what I will get for this work?”

I rolled old copper coin to him over the table.  “One now, one after work”.  He caught coin with one smooth move then raised it to his eye. He looked on it for moment then his smile widened even more, honestly I thought that his smile can’t be wider then it was. 

“Deal, payment fits.” He said and coin disappeared in his palm. “Ahh… and almost forgot there was one pretty woman looked for you, her name was hmm… Teilin I think. What your secret, how you always attracting beautiful women? On me they look only when they want to get to my pockets full of gold, oh… I meant pockets full of spheres.”

“I prefer to keep this secret for our next deal, Arius”.  I said, getting up.

“You reading my thoughts? Cause I wanted to advice exactly same thing, and also call me Aurius I decided that my previous name don’t fit to my business, not elegant enough.” He emptied new mug in one gulp.

“When work will be done?”

He looked on me rolling coin between fingers in front of his eyes. “Three hours later I will start my part of deal.” I nodded, he returned nod.

“And don’t forget no deaths”

He grinned. “Of course, all as you said in your letter.”

3 hours later

I walked through the empty corridors (at least they were empty on this floor) of Urithiru Tower heading to my room. Exciting violin's melody flowed mixing with distant weeping and groans, Aurius was ending his part of Deal. Where not long ago was hallway which led to my room now was blocked by wall, another illusion. I reached wall closed eyes and stepped forward. 3… 5… 7… 9.

I opened eyes. Fire consumed world thousands of people were burning, screaming in pain, in agony other where rotting alive just to heal wounds and rot again. Then vision changed now I stood alone in the endless sea of blood, blood rain was falling from sky and bloody sun was rising over horizon. Moment and vision changed again I’ve seen emerald eyes and then everything ended.

Now it again was just hallway without exit from it. Aurius was carving something on the wall.

“I said wait 9 seconds with closed eyes not 8.5.” He snorted even not looking on me.

Guards that was looking over my room now was sitting on floor along walls with absolutely foolish look. Saliva trickled from their mouths, empty eyes looked in nowhere. There was also two of Kaladin's Squires among them, looked they not much better than others.

“I hope you put confusing mark so no one will try to interrupt us. And I hope they not gonna go mad after you will end with them, and what you carving on the wall?” I said looking over this not very pleasant sight.

“Of course I put it, and they gonna be okay. Horrible headache that all what they will have after it.” He turned to me and extended hand. “My payment.”

I threw him coin. “And what you carve?” I repeated my question.

“Oh you about that,” He waved on three brilliants that he carved. “Just putting blame on someone else. And hurry up mark will last only 15 minutes, so take all what you need and let’s go.” I nodded.

20 minutes later

We walked on the street, just another two low rank lighteyes with baggage, nothing special. Illusions, illusions everywhere.

5 hours ago, Doc12 said:

Just pointing out that the three days you've mentioned have passed, Rae :/ 

Yeah, they have. That's kind of my fault. :/ Basically just a combination of procrastination, laziness, and RL stuff. Getting two wisdom teeth pulled did not put me in a mood to do serious thinking beyond how-do-I-not-get-blood-all-over-my-keyboard-and-tablet or where-the-storms-did-the-gauze-go-did-I-lose-something-again? Seriously, I'm starting to think that I have the superpower of making things vanish into nothingness.

Of course, now that I've storming procrastinated on this, I'm going to look like I'm bandwagoning, despite thinking this for a few days. Lovely. I suppose this is what I deserve, after procrastinating for three days.

Teresh (Drake) looks like he's trying to hide something by accusing others. What unique thing has Ralaani done that is so horrible she must be jailed?

Um, I, um, I wanted to interrogate Arionium (Arinian). That was, um, pretty bad. And, um, all he did was --

Spare us the deprecation-complex or whatever it is already. You weren't the one who wanted to imprison Arionium, I was. Besides, other people wanted to do the exact same thing too. Naihar (Alvron)voted to imprison him at the party. After the chasmfiend fight, Naihar voted to imprison him again, along with, let's see, Jonly (Joe), Petrik (Drought), Shinon (Lopen), Ranatar (Randuir), and Rea (Silverdragon). And then when we got back, a lot of the same people wanted to execute him, plus Hithon (Doc), Sareth (Headshot), Balthazar (Magestar), Kintas (Jondesu), and Fifth Nameless (Ecth). Not Petrik, for some reason.

And, um, the quiver person too, right?

Oh, right! And the quiver person too. I can't remember his name, whatever it was. He dropped out of the Initiates. Anyways, I'm not the only person who has accused Arionium. Why is Teresh going after us?

Aman, I don't see Sheep or Quiver in the player list for this cycle. Is this intentional?

Edited by Arraenae
Added a line

I'm back! Not that I really missed much...

On 2/18/2017 at 9:40 PM, Arinian said:

I meant trust not in this game but trust to person at all.

If you want I can delete you from list of people whom I can trust and put you on list of people whom I will kill when I get kill role... I think there still some place between Lopen and Alv, it suits you?;)(Joe don't worry, you on the first place whom I will kill when I will get kill ability(joke)) 

RP:short and horrible RP

Reveal hidden contents

I stood on the balcony sipping wine, chill wind blew from the west slightly rippling curtains. Down near the Oathgate crowd swarmed. Water dripped from their dirty, bloody clothes. I grinned to my thoughts “What a lucky I am”.

Yet there was no time for the rest, I escaped but all my seals and dagger-sword still was in hands of this annoying squires. And I needed to get into my room but there was small problem, all time surveillance over my room.

I turned and left room from where I watched return of other initiates. So many things to do, so little time.

Wow. I think this is the first time I've ever been on a kill list! :o

23 hours ago, Alvron said:

Ari likely wouldn't have enough honour to rebond with his spren even if no one has gone for Edgedancer.  When a bond breaks their invested honour is reset to zero for that spren so unless Edgedancer takes two honour, I don't see Ari rebonding this cycle.

Are you sure about that? Because earlier Arin said that he kept all of his Honor...

4 hours ago, Magestar said:

I actually can confirm that there is now a Dustbringer.  I did go for it (It was between that and Stoneward, and I decided that Dustbringer suited Balthazar just a little more.  I wouldn't mind opinions on that, actually.  What do you guys think the best spren for Balthazar? :P)  And I was notified that another initiate has been chosen.  Which, I admit, is rather frustrating. :P  I intend to keep going for it, in the hope that I'll get it eventually.

I'm still somewhat suspicious of Arinian, but I'm not sure what exactly we can do about him right now.

I'll try and say more later.

Just saying, I'm good with a bar fight too. :P 

I'm not sure if I actually want to suggest this, because I'm really conflicted about what to do with Arin, but there's too much irony here not to point it out. You confirm that there's a kill role around, then say your not sure what we can do about Arin? :huh: We could ask the kill role to kill him, which would solve any problems about him Bonding another cultivationspren. And if someone uses their power to save him(Stoneward or Elsecaller) or the Dustbringer kill someone else, well, that would give us information too. It would just be about the player with the spren who messed up our plans.

I really really don't want to lynch another inactive. I know I've got the CC banner in my sig and all, but we've already lynched 2 inactives and the one active player we've lynched escaped, which means that so far, our lynches have done almost nothing for finding the Unjust. Even so, I'd probably be okay with lynching another inactive/lurker if not for the fact that the lynch mechanic is a delayed kill. If we lynch another inactive, it'll be 3 more Cycle before we get any information from the lynch. I feel like I've already said this, and yet here we are again, with hardly anyone accusing players(with votes at least) so we're considering another inactive lynch. Doc and Randuir, you've both been active, but haven't really put yourself out there and accused anyone(plus I just have a bad feeling about you both). So you're both on my suspect list. As is Alvron for consistently going after inactives(maybe it's just my opinion, but I seriously don't see the good in doing that right now).

And yeah, Arinian mentioned me being more aggressive than usual? I'm intentionally being aggressive, because I'm trying to get some legitimate discussion going, instead of rules advice/ideas and who's got what spren and stuff, which is all well and good unless that's all there is.

Anyways, here's all of the players I would lynch right now: Doc, randuir, SD, Alvron, Arinian. SD is on there because he has been doing just enough to get max Honor and I suspect almost all of the elims are going for spren(surprising if true, but it seems like the most logical conclusion for why there hasn't been kills) and again, I've just gotten a bad vibe from his posts. I might be willing to lynch Shqueeves, but again, it's his first game and I totally understand that lurking is easy to do, especially in your first game. So, I don't think I'd want to. Voting on Alv because he's got 2 votes on him already.

Ninja'd. Woo! Another actual vote! I don't suspect Drake, but oh well. :P On the subject of Drake vs. Rae, I'd lean more towards Rae being the Unjust, if one of them is evil(it's possible they both are, but I don't think that's the case). I've got a good read on Drake and a mildly bad read on Rae.

Ah, right, Quiver.

1 minute ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I'm not sure if I actually want to suggest this, because I'm really conflicted about what to do with Arin, but there's too much irony here not to point it out. You confirm that there's a kill role around, then say your not sure what we can do about Arin? :huh: We could ask the kill role to kill him, which would solve any problems about him Bonding another cultivationspren. And if someone uses their power to save him(Stoneward or Elsecaller) or the Dustbringer kill someone else, well, that would give us information too. It would just be about the player with the spren who messed up our plans.

Sorry, I was caught up in my intense dislike of whoever stole my spren from under my nose.  >.>

So yeah, Dustbringer, by all means, slay Arinian.

Hmmm. I agree, because if Arinian is Honorable, then the Dustbringer has only one more Honorable shot before the spren disbands him/her. Then, Mage, you can get your beloved Bond. And perhaps we can determine who the Dustbringer is currently.

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

8 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Sorry, I was caught up in my intense dislike of whoever stole my spren from under my nose.  >.>

So yeah, Dustbringer, by all means, slay Arinian.

Hey! Dustbringer don't do it! On what I will waste my time? I already dead in all other games that going now.

Or hmm... Elsecaller swap me with Mage so he will be killed by Dustbringer :P

23 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Doc and Randuir, you've both been active, but haven't really put yourself out there and accused anyone(plus I just have a bad feeling about you both). So you're both on my suspect list. 

I can see why that would be supsicious. In my case it is caused by not really having a good idea about who to go for. I don't have a strong enough feeling about drake to feel like joining that lynch, and the actions that seemed somewhat suspicious about alvron to me are more his standard play-style if elbereth is to be believed, which means I'm not sure about him either.  Rae doesn't really allow much to be determined about her by sticking mostly to roleplay even for game-decisions, but again that puts her squarely in neutral territory for now. I do have some mild distrust of Darkness Ascendant, if you want a vote, but that one only marginally (accusing assassin on very shaky grounds at the beginning and then being mostly silent on game matters, with some small amount of RP to generate some honour).

I don't really see a point to leaving quiver alive apart from seeing if he's targeted by elims this cycle, so since a significant amount of people want him dead, I won't block this.

I realize reacting quickly to Lopen's accusation could be a further source of suspicion ('he's just trying to shake suspicion by reacting quickly'), but damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Edited by randuir

39 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Are you sure about that? Because earlier Arin said that he kept all of his Honor...

Anyways, here's all of the players I would lynch right now: Doc, randuir, SD, Alvron, Arinian. SD is on there because he has been doing just enough to get max Honor and I suspect almost all of the elims are going for spren(surprising if true, but it seems like the most logical conclusion for why there hasn't been kills) and again, I've just gotten a bad vibe from his posts. might be willing to lynch Shqueeves, but again, it's his first game and I totally understand that lurking is easy to do, especially in your first game. So, I don't think I'd want to. Voting on Alv because he's got 2 votes on him already.

Aman told me that when a bond is broken, the invested honour for that spren is reset to zero.

Harsh man, just harsh.  Voting for me just cause I already have votes on me. :(  I bet the real reason you're voting for me is because Naihar has one eye a light blue and the other a dark blue. It is isn't it? :P 

Edited by Alvron

42 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Anyways, here's all of the players I would lynch right now: Doc, randuir, SD, Alvron, Arinian. SD is on there because he has been doing just enough to get max Honor and I suspect almost all of the elims are going for spren(surprising if true, but it seems like the most logical conclusion for why there hasn't been kills) and again, I've just gotten a bad vibe from his posts. I might be willing to lynch Shqueeves, but again, it's his first game and I totally understand that lurking is easy to do, especially in your first game. So, I don't think I'd want to. Voting on Alv because he's got 2 votes on him already.

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Harsh man, just harsh.  Voting for me just cause I already have votes on me. :(  I bet the real reason you're voting for me is because Naihar has one eye a light blue and the other a dark blue. It is isn't it? :P 

That's prejudiced.  Lopen, how could you?  Die.

Naihar had finally made it to the tavern when everyone was going to meet up.  After a brutal couple of days, everyone needed the chance to just relax and unwind.

As he entered he noticed a few eyes swivel his way and a noticeable drop in conversation.

Trying his hardest to ignore the looks from his fellow Initiates, Naihar took a seat at the bar and ordered a mug of ale to drink while he waited for the inevitable to happen.

47 minutes ago, randuir said:

I can see why that would be supsicious. In my case it is caused by not really having a good idea about who to go for. I don't have a strong enough feeling about drake to feel like joining that lynch, and the actions that seemed somewhat suspicious about alvron to me are more his standard play-style if elbereth is to be believed, which means I'm not sure about him either.  Rae doesn't really allow much to be determined about her by sticking mostly to roleplay even for game-decisions, but again that puts her squarely in neutral territory for now. I do have some mild distrust of Darkness Ascendant, if you want a vote, but that one only marginally (accusing assassin on very shaky grounds at the beginning and then being mostly silent on game matters, with some small amount of RP to generate some honour).

I don't really see a point to leaving quiver alive apart from seeing if he's targeted by elims this cycle, so since a significant amount of people want him dead, I won't block this.

I realize reacting quickly to Lopen's accusation could be a further source of suspicion ('he's just trying to shake suspicion by reacting quickly'), but damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I have been sticking more to roleplay, but if you actually read it, I am expressing opinions about the game through Rissa and Ralaanar. Just because the game discussion might be in bold or expressed as a conversation between two people doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you look closely, you may even notice a few votes sprinkled throughout my posts.

Just now, Arraenae said:

I have been sticking more to roleplay, but if you actually read it, I am expressing opinions about the game through Rissa and Ralaanar. Just because the game discussion might be in bold or expressed as a conversation between two people doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you look closely, you may even notice a few votes sprinkled throughout my posts.

I've noticed that, It just (for me at least) makes it a little harder to get a good feeling of what exactly the person behind Ralaani/Ralaanar is actually thinking and planning. I don't think there is anything inherently bad at doing it this way, and some of the conversations are quite fun, it just makes it harder for me to get a read on you.

8 hours ago, Jondesu said:

@Amanuensis, can a spren be bonded again the same cycle it's bond was broken with someone else? 

No. A specific spren cannot be broken and bonded by another Initiate in the same turn.

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Aman, I don't see Sheep or Quiver in the player list for this cycle. Is this intentional?

Scroll a little further down and you'll see them. There's a separate list for living / free Initiates, Prisoners and Casualties. This is to make it easier to infer who is close to achieving what win condition.

tur_1487667600.png

Also, as you can see above, there's just a little over 8 hours left to earn max honor and put in your orders for this Chapter.

Edited by Amanuensis

Kintas couldn't believe his eyes. Veriq was glowing with Stormlight, yet with Petrik right next to him and ready to fall to his death, Veriq just... turned away.  Left his fellow Initiate to die, for no reason that Kintas could see.

In the instant he had to think, he formed the simple Command, hoping he was visualizing it well enough. "Grab Hold and Pull!" It drained him of a large number of Breaths, since it was somewhat poorly visualized, but the rope wrapped itself around Petrik's broken arm. Kintas winced as it yanked the injured man upwards, as he screamed in pain, but it brought him up alive. Petrik didn't breath in any Stormlight from the gems around, and fell down in shock as he reached safety, obviously in severe pain.

As Veriq arrived at the top of the Spire himself, Kintas whirled on him, angrier than he'd ever been in his life, kicking him down to the ground. "What the Colors was that!"

Back at Urithiru, Kintas felt his bad mood deepening. He still didn't understand how Veriq could have abandoned Petrik like that, but now Captain Kaladin hadn't returned with them and there was talk that no one had seen him after the battle at all. Kintas wasn't too worried for the man; he just wanted to smack some sense into him. He knew intellectually that such an encounter wouldn't work out well for himself, but he felt like he'd eaten a wrong flower today, and it was driving him up a wall. The chasmfiend had been dangerous on its down, but Kaladin should have kept a lookout for the Parshendi, and should have kept this closer to safety if there was danger. There was no excuse for the deadly conditions he'd placed the new Radiants in, even though they'd come through it without any fatalities yet.

Actually, that was one of the other reasons for his bad mood. Ashetvl had been murdered in her cell, which the jailers had tried to keep quiet, but word got around. That meant despite her crimes, she was unlikely to have been behind Lomot's murder, and now people had been getting stirred up and pointing fingers at more people. Kintas wasn't opposed to pointing fingers, but he did like to make sure he didn't do it idly. Arionium had been locked up because of dark theories and wild accusations, and while it seemed to have hit home, Dalinar had told them he had escaped and was running free in the city. Kintas didn't know what the man was up to, and he wasn't sure what he'd do if he found him. Probably a toss-up between turning him back in and asking him to do some reconnaissance work for him.

Finally, Kintas decided he'd join some of the others at Club Seb. Not being able to get drunk didn't really dampen his enjoyment of a good glass of wine, or ale. That Horneater lager he'd heard about sounded interesting, in fact.

Ralaanar staggered into the Pub Seb, shivering. His clothes were completely soaked, and even more torn than before. He clutched his dress to his chest, but had to drag it up every few minutes. Shinon's cloak still offered some semblance of covering, but it was ice cold with floodwater.

Beside him, Rissa was off in the corner cursing Captain Kaladin with every insult that Ralaanar knew and many that he didn't. Ralaanar listened in for a few moments, then tuned it out. 

At least the pub was warm, a pleasant change from the outside. Ralaanar spotted a table near a fire and made his way towards it. He sat down, near two men talking. Their voices provided a comforting backdrop, not quite a lullaby, but close. Despite the heat, Ralaanar still felt cold. He rubbed his arms and tried to think of what to do. He was so cold... Ralaanar scooted closer to the fire. Maybe if he dried his cloak...He took it off and tossed it in the direction of the fire. Then he rested his head against the table and closed his eyes. A few moments later, he was snoring gently through the hubbub of the bar.

Meanwhile, Shinon's cloak caught on fire.

Fire! Fire in the bar! Someone mind rescuing Ralaanar from the fire he accidentally set? :P 

Edited by Arraenae

...and I can do a bit of posting now that we got an extension!

So, first of all... I got an RP to continue :)

Hithon gave Uther a confused frown. "I'm afraid I don't know who you mean."

Oh really... "Well in that ca-"

Hithon's hand shot out suddenly, grabbing Uther's wrist in a vicelike grip. He ran his fingers along the wrist, wiping off the thin coating that concealed the tattoo. Three diamonds, the mark of the Ghostbloods. Hithon clearly recognized the insignia. I knew it! The whole blind act is a load of crem.

Hithon looked worried... "What do you want, Uther?"

So he knows my real name, knows our mark, and uses the standard tools of a Ghostblood assassin. Why don't I recognize him? Is he new?

"What is a Ghostblood doing among the Initiates?"

That's what I'm trying to ask you, by the Almighty.

Could he really not be working for them, just like me? Or does he simply recognize me, and refuses to reveal any information about Ghostblood operations to a potential traitor?

Time to change tactics.

"Who taught you?"

That was safer ground. Whether or not he's working for Thaidakar, with that vial, he must have at least started training under one of our ranks.

@Doc12

And now, analysis.

It looks like the two people I accused are both voting on me :P

I'm not sure that really makes them too suspicious, because I have admittedly been playing a bit recklessly and that may result in suspicions against me, but I still get a laugh out of it since they're basically voting on me for voting on them.

As for suspects... Storms, I promised I would look back on Alv's posts and I haven't. I'll give my take on that issue next cycle I swear. Sorry 'bout that.

As for Arinian... The more I think about it, the more I wonder about if an elim would have more reason to want edgedancer than a town would. But I still mostly trust him, for now... Or, hrm, maybe not quite trust, but I'm against a lynch at any rate.

Hm... For now, I could probably get behind tossing anarchist in jail I guess. Unless someone has a compelling suspicion, I'd be okay to contribution crusade this cycle. And, of course, Rae, I'm still watching you closely ;)

As for spren... It looks like maybe all but one spren is bonded right now? (correct me if I counted wrong on that). That means things should get a bit more interesting soon I would imagine... Yeah maybe some dustbringer kills, but also maybe some other interesting things... I hope truthwatcher is town.

Also note that, since people can compete to gain any role they want, a wounded gazelle gambit isn't exactly impossible for elims to play. Just bond trustspren.

I'm also a little worried that elims haven't murdered anyone yet. I probably shouldn't complain about there being no deaths... It just feels off. It isn't what we're used to. I'd guess they're either investigating everyone or trying to all bond spren (@Jondesu, if you can think of some third possibility you believe I am deliberately omitting please let me know :P)... The danger I guess is that we are left at a slower start since people don't die very much, and then maybe the elims kill more than 1 target a night once they focus completely on killing, giving us less time to react.

Also, what is the deal with not being able to do more than 1 functional mention in each post? Some people have this issue; others don't. Anyone know how that works by any chance?

Looking forward to whatever Aman cooks up the next cycle :)

EDIT:

...and I got an interrogation vote tally up. Let me know if I missed anyone's vote, people.

Alvron (3)- Arinian, Hemalurgic Headshot, TheMightyLopen

Drake Marshall (2)- Jondesu, Arraenae

Arinian (1)- Doc12

Darkness Ascendant (1)- Randuir

TheMightyLopen (1)- Magestar

The Lazy Anarchist (0)- Drake Marshall

Arraenae (1)- Drake Marshall

Also I changed my mind about voting on an inactive. Voting that was stupid of me :P we need to get this game storming well started. Anarchist.

I'll be stubborn I guess. Rae, you know all my reasons. I doubt my vote matters unless I chose to bandwagon on Alv (which I won't be doing). But let it be known that I still suspect you, and that I don't particularly care if you try to get me lynched in retaliation for my trying to get you lynched.

Edited by Drake Marshall

To revisit my list of the bonded spren:

Lightweaver and Edgedancer are unbonded. Willshaper, Dustbringer, and Truthwatcher are bonded. That means that of Windrunner, Stoneward, and Elsecaller, two of those are also bonded, so we have two types that have never been bonded and one that was but the bond is now broken.

Willshaper, of course just go ahead and use your ability as you see fit. We know you are out there, since we saw you change Quiver's vote, and I don't have any specific guidance for you.

Dustbringer, I just really hope you're not an Unjust. I don't care if you decide to not even use your ability, just please don't be Unjust. If you do kill someone, try to be fairly sure, but don't lose that spren if at all possible, assuming you're not Unjust (did I mention that I hope you're not an Unjust?).

Truthwatcher, if you find out anything important, let several people know via PM, but don't reveal yourself publicly. You can trust me, but I know you don't know you can trust me, so just make sure someone learns whatever you can find out.

The other roles are all ones I don't have specific advice for either, except that it would be awesome if you somehow let us know what spren you have (without publicly identifying yourself). I don't know how exactly, but maybe if you perform an action, leave a coded message for whoever would have seen the effects of that here in the thread, or for someone else who would know what to look for. And whatever you do, let's keep those spren away from the Unjust if at all possible.

That said, I think it's almost guaranteed that some of those bonds are with Unjust, between the statistical possibility and the fact that they'll have been trying hard to get one. They're probably much better coordinated too, so they don't put Honor into the same spren as other Unjust and end up wasting some of it. That doesn't account for the lack of a kill, so I'm going to look for an explanation, but I can't come up with a particularly convincing one right now.

And no, @Drake Marshall, I don't have a specific third option that you omitted there. :-P

Edit: @Amanuensis, does using the Unjust faction ability to attempt to execute a player delay or prevent an attempt by that Unjust player to bond a spren, or would it only be a problem for them after the bond is formed? The rules only mention that the spren will leave them if they interrogate or execute an Honorable, but implies it would affect them bonding too. That could explain the lack of Elim kills, since I doubt all the Elims are inactive, and I suspect they have enough information on enough of us to send a couple of the team to kill someone at least one of these nights.

Edited by Jondesu

12 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Edit: @Amanuensis, does using the Unjust faction ability to attempt to execute a player delay or prevent an attempt by that Unjust player to bond a spren, or would it only be a problem for them after the bond is formed? The rules only mention that the spren will leave them if they interrogate or execute an Honorable, but implies it would affect them bonding too. That could explain the lack of Elim kills, since I doubt all the Elims are inactive, and I suspect they have enough information on enough of us to send a couple of the team to kill someone at least one of these nights.

If an unbonded Unjust kills a player, they will lose one Honor, so it delays their bonding in the sense that they have less honor to spend on getting it.

EDIT: Also...

31 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Looking forward to whatever Aman cooks up the next cycle :)

Don't look forward to it too much. This write up will be pretty light, since this week my detachment is being visited by our Commander and Sergeant Major, which means I am very busy, and honestly might have to make this next Chaper 96 hours long too.

Edited by Amanuensis