Long Game 30: Journey Before Destination

Amanuensis

Right, I've just had an answer to my PM with Drake. If it looks like the pardon won't pull through, I'll switch back to executing him (provided I don't oversleep. Getting up in time for turnover means waking up about half an hour earlier than I normally would).

I will also switch my vote to Darkness Ascendant. He's the only person I've had a bad gut feeling on that hasn't diminished through subsequent posts (either his own or someone elses). Plus, trying to blackmail someone in participating isn't actually something I want to do now that I think about it some more (sorry, Shqueeves, unless you're actually an elim, then I'm not sorry).

Edited by randuir

Guys sorry but voting for DA is waste, he always doing not most clever things (I think he just getting fun from that).

If someone don't believe me you can look on DA in MR20 or check LG28 his behavior don't mean that he is elim.

What I think that someone pulling votes from Shqueeves cause by random we hit in elim and I think this one who pulling votes it's Jondesu (don't know whom better to lynch to prove my idea hmm... Jon or Shqueeves hmm.)

Drake. Quiver.

1 hour ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

As for discussion and votes, my pardon stands on Drake. I'm really not sure how to handle this, and how confusing and vague Aman is being, so I'm just sticking with what I have. For interrogation, DA is kind of suspicious, with his short random posts.

Short random posts basically describes DA's playstyle. :P (kidding, but that's really not a reason to be suspicious of a DA.  Especially DA.)

It's also not hard to get bad gut feelings on him.  Basically what Arinian just said, except he ninja'd me. :P 

And - although it pains me to do so - I feel I must place a pardon vote on Drake.  >.>  I don't think it's likely that he's an Elim at this point, plus, his story matches up with what I know, and he's managed to convince me via PM. 

-sigh-

Balthazar sprinted down to the shattered planes.  As he ran, a man - apparently a beggar - shouted to him.

"They went that way!" He said, cackling.  "Good luck catching them!"

Balthazar nodded, never one to turn down advice from an elder, and continued to run.

Considering, he probably won't make it in time, seeing as I don't have time to RP him making it there. :P 

Edited by Magestar
Forgot a bracket... and formatting.

5 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Short random posts basically describes DA's playstyle. :P (kidding, but that's really not a reason to be suspicious of a DA.  Especially DA.  It's also not hard to get bad gut feelings on him.  Basically what Arinian just said, except he ninja'd me. :P 

Okay, so there's two possibilities. Either you're right (which I can't really determine as I don't know DA's playstyle, being a first-timer myself), or you, arin and DA are all part of the elim team (actually, there are like 5 other options, in many of which you guys are not all elims).

I kinda want to stick with my impression here, but on the other hand, I've let Elbereth's post about alvron allay the somewhat bad feeling I had about him. Since Shqueeves has responded, I also don't really feel like going after him again right now, so for the same reason (inactivity, possible lurking) JUQ.

Alright, this has been a crazy round of voting, so let me know if I made any mistakes, but here's my current vote tally:

Interrogate:

Shqueeves (2): Arinian, randuir, Lopen, Arinian

Alvron (0): Arinian

DA (2): Jondesu, HH, randuir

Execute:

Drake (2): Doc12, Ecthelion, Arinian, randuir, Lopen, Jondesu, Magestar, Arinian

Quiver (1): Arinian, Alvron

Pardon:

Drake (7): Doc12, HH, Jondesu, Alvron, randuir, Arinian, Magestar

At this point we don't even have the combined votes necessary to either execute or pardon Drake, which is a problem, but we're actually far closer to pardoning him than executing him. Since we have 18 free players, we need 10 to execute, or 14 to pardon (majority to execute, 2/3 to pardon, right?).  Those who haven't voted need to vote one way or another to avoid just having another day go by without a clear decision.

@A Joe in the Bush, @Assassin in Burgundy, @TheSilverDragon, @JUQ, @Shqueeves, @The lazy anarchist, @DroughtBringer, @Darkness Ascendant, @Elbereth, please read, decide, and vote!  That's half the free players who haven't even cast a vote!

EDIT: In the next couple rounds, those who don't vote will become my targets for interrogation.  We need to make sure people are participating or else the Honorable won't have a chance, so anyone that doesn't vote often enough, especially for the execute or pardon votes, will be a hindrance at best.

Edited by Jondesu

On 22.02.2017 at 2:01 AM, Jondesu said:

I definitely agreed that we have to execute Drake, or this will have been a waste of time. I'm fairly confident in my analysis anyway, though it's not based on hard info.

On 22.02.2017 at 8:31 PM, Jondesu said:

I find his story unbelievable, however, and the writeup says it's an Unjust kill to me (a spren couldn't take the axehound away and stab it, after all), so I'm voting strongly in favor of executing Drake.

I just looked through thread again and what I've seen.

Just want to point that Jon voted on Drake twice, I don't count that as evidence for something I even can say that usually elims more careful with their posts. But that just my opinion.

12 hours ago, randuir said:

I might as well put a vote in. Hopefully that'll get others to consider doing so as well. Unfortunately, I don't have any solid leads, so for now I'll cast my vote on Shqueeves, for pretty much the same reasons as arinian. If someone has a better target (or if @Shqueeves has a good defense), I'll be open to switching, of course.

My point for vote on Shqueeves was that he is lurking not cause he is inactive. And his (Shqueeves's) post was not very substuntial, he just jumped in thread and said "Hey guys I'm here I have nothing to say but don't lynch me" of course that not means that he is elim but that's also don't make him active player he is still lurker who just don't want to be lynched for inactivity(low activity).

11 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Wow, I go to bed and come back to the beginnings of a bandwagon vote on me. Sorry for lurking, I've barely had any time to even read what's been going on. My schedule will clear up a little over the next few days, so I'll be a little more active. 

As for the thing with Drake, we have Drake claiming to be the Dustbringer. If that's the case, then pardoning him would be the best plan, if only to keep track of that spren. Of course, he might be Unjust, but that could be easily discovered if he ever uses his abilities. If we kill him, we give the Unjust another chance to become Dustbringer, but we gain information. 

These facts leave me undecided on what to do. Leaving Drake in jail, however, doesn't seem to be a good option. I'm currently undecided. I'll make a decision when I have some time to think about it. 

Okay that's understandable why he didn't put vote cause probably he didn't read through thread.

6 hours ago, randuir said:

I'll (re)move my vote once he's actually voted on the pardon/execution of drake. As I see it right now, we need to do one or another, as a stalemate will almost cetainly only benefit the elims, since it frees up dustbringer and gives us no info. Therefore, anyone who is aware of the situations but refuses to vote one way or another will seem somewhat suspicious.

Once shqueeves votes, I'll probably move my vote to someone else who is remaining indecisive on this matter.

I've also PM'd Drake, as I'm curious to see his calculations, and it might sway me to vote for his pardon instead.

Hmm... maybe I missed Shqueeves vote somewhere? Cause you changed your vote.

3 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Umm, I really missed something then.  Okay, The Phantom Stranger (Darkness Ascendant).

You not played with DA before? Cause voting on him for his usual behavior it's mehh... he can be elim and he can be villager his behavior means nothing.

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Sareth stood at the edge of the chasm with the rest of Bridge One, watching Fifth and Kintas, merely dark shapes below, move around. Fifth had found a clue, and now Kintas had gone down to investigate-- and give Fifth a chisel. It was hard to see what was going on, the contrast of the bright sun with the shadowed chasm. 

< @Ecthelion III, insert Soulbinding event here>

Sareth blinked as a strange force moved over him like a wave. What had just happened? He squinted down into the darkness. Something big had happened down there.

Then Fifth called up from the depths: "I know where to go!"

As for discussion and votes, my pardon stands on Drake. I'm really not sure how to handle this, and how confusing and vague Aman is being, so I'm just sticking with what I have. For interrogation, DA is kind of suspicious, with his short random posts.

I don't think that HH familiar with DA's usual behavior so I even don't know why I quoted him *shrug*

1 hour ago, randuir said:

Right, I've just had an answer to my PM with Drake. If it looks like the pardon won't pull through, I'll switch back to executing him (provided I don't oversleep. Getting up in time for turnover means waking up about half an hour earlier than I normally would).

I will also switch my vote to Darkness Ascendant. He's the only person I've had a bad gut feeling on that hasn't diminished through subsequent posts (either his own or someone elses). Plus, trying to blackmail someone in participating isn't actually something I want to do now that I think about it some more (sorry, Shqueeves, unless you're actually an elim, then I'm not sorry).

And back to randuir. You changed your vote but above you said "for pretty much the same reasons as arinian" and "I'll (re)move my vote once he's actually voted on the pardon/execution of drake" as I see my reasons was not even close same as yours. And that really safe vote change from Shqueeves on DA and than on JUQ makes me suspicious. You jumped on DA's bandwagon for his short posts as I understand? But after you was pointed that it's usual for him you used JUQ's inactivity so Shqueeves was left behind without yours vote on him. I'm not accusing you, I have not enough evidence to make my logic chain solid but that's suspicious. Also same about Jon I can see this fast change from Shqueeves on (easy target) DA as a good chance to save teammate.

So I returning my vote on Shqueeves I want to lynch him just for information.

23 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Alright, this has been a crazy round of voting, so let me know if I made any mistakes, but here's my current vote tally:

Interrogate:

Shqueeves (2): Arinian, randuir, Lopen, Arinian

Alvron (0): Arinian

DA (2): Jondesu, HH, randuir

Execute:

Drake (2): Doc12, Ecthelion, Arinian, randuir, Lopen, Jondesu, Magestar, Arinian

Quiver (1): Arinian, Alvron

Pardon:

Drake (7): Doc12, HH, Jondesu, Alvron, randuir, Arinian, Magestar

Saw a couple of errors.

Votes:
Rand (0): Doc
Shqueeves (2) Ari, Rand, Lopen, Ari, Ari
Alv (0): Ari
DA (2): Jon, HH, Rand
Jon (0): Ari
JUQ (1): Rand

Kill Drake: 3/9
Doc, Ec3, Ari, Rand, Lopen, Jon, Mage, Ari

Pardon Drake: 8/14
Doc, HH, Jon, Alv, Rand, Ari, Mage, Shqu

Kill Quiver: 3/9
Ari, Alv, Shqu

Also, got an answer from Aman.  We can't execute two people on same cycle but can kill one and pardon another.  Not sure on pardoning two at a time but that doesn't seem likely for this cycle so not an issue.

Edited by Alvron

3 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Also, got an answer from Aman.  We can't execute two people on same cycle but can kill one and pardon another.  Not sure on pardoning two at a time but that doesn't seem likely for this cycle so not an issue.

To pardon 2 people in one cycle we need 150% of players. So I think now you know answer on that.

Just now, Arinian said:

To pardon 2 people in one cycle we need 150% of players. So I think now you know answer on that.

Not really since we could vote for both.  If the votes were exclusive then we wouldn't be able to vote on both execution and pardon.

1 minute ago, Alvron said:

Not really since we could vote for both.  If the votes were exclusive then we wouldn't be able to vote on both execution and pardon.

I don't know but wording says this:

Spoiler

Only one of each type of vote can occur in a single Chapter.

1 minute ago, Arinian said:

I don't know but wording says this:

Hide contents

Only one of each type of vote can occur in a single Chapter.

:( Storm it.  Thanks Ari.  Once more I feel the fool for not reading the rules fully.

@Arinian, shqueeves did in fact vote (though admittedly after my vote change). You could see me going after DA as a bandwagon vote, but I had in fact voted on him last cycle, and at that time no one felt it nessecary to point out that what I thought was syspicious was his usual playstyle ( I'm not sure if I properly indicated why I suspected him though). 

Edited by randuir

Thanks for the corrections, randuir and Alvron, it was tough to keep track of some of that.  @Arinian, I noticed that I'd voted twice for Drake when I went to do my vote tally, I did the second vote because I really thought I hadn't the first time. :P I do agree, though, I would have been a lot more careful if I were an Elim.

Edit: my vote on DA is not because I think this behavior is unusual for him, but for two other reasons: it's very unhelpful in this game where participation in the main thread is more important, and I've not seen him voting or providing reasoning very often, which is going to make things storming difficult for us. I do think it's an easy smokescreen for him, since he always does it, so it makes it very tough to tell when he is an Elim, but it doesn't make him less suspicious and problematic either.

Edited by Jondesu

1 hour ago, randuir said:

Okay, so there's two possibilities. Either you're right (which I can't really determine as I don't know DA's playstyle, being a first-timer myself), or you, arin and DA are all part of the elim team (actually, there are like 5 other options, in many of which you guys are not all elims).

*shrug*  I don't necessarily have a problem with lynching DA, because odds are he's not gonna be super helpful.  But I do want you to know what you're doing.

20 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Just announcing this while I have a moment to breathe. I will have to extend this Chapter an extra 24hrs, like the previous Chapter, due to work commitments. Sorry guys and gals.

That's cool.  Oddly, the longer cycles are working better for me. :P 

Edited by Magestar

26 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Just announcing this while I have a moment to breathe. I will have to extend this Chapter an extra 24hrs, like the previous Chapter, due to work commitments. Sorry guys and gals.

No apology necessary, Aman, keep up the good work! Gives us more time to get everyone participating anyways.

Regrettably, I recently received word from the village of Tyrian Falls that the Third of us has fallen while investigating the Spiked.

Fifth quickly received a knife from Ranatar, and he got to work chipping away at the stone around the crack left by Kaladin's Shardblade. It was an arduous process. Why did Kaladin have to leave something behind on stone, of all places, Fifth thought, irritated. All of the runes are going to take ages to carve.

He was soon passed a chisel by somebody, which he gladly exchanged the knife for. It made the work somewhat quicker, especially because he was rather used to working with a chisel. Unfortunately.

About fifteen minutes had passed before Fifth had finally completed his work. A circle of runes surrounded the center of the crack, encircling it in a faintly glowing circle. The light increased in intensity until brilliant rays of light shot out from the stone. The Fifth Nameless stretched out his open palm and placed it into the center of the circle. The light coursed up his arm and transformed his features, for a brief second, into those of the man he called Stormblessed.

The Connection had been forged.

-

The world flashed.

He stood before a surgeon's table, an aging man pleading to him.

He held the body of a child in his arms.

He sprinted, bridge overhead, as arrows dropped body after body around him.

He fell, a girl's voice screaming in his head.

He stood proudly before the brightlords, shouting something in a voice not his own.

The world grew brighter.

He fought, flying through the air with a silver shield, against hordes of Voidbringers.

He fought for the sake of his bridge crew, of the Initiates.

He fought, he defended, he protected.

And he ran.

The world cried.

Water rushed through the chasms, pitching him forth and back.

The skies beckoned to him, but he would not rise.

He beckoned to the light, but none answered.

He clung desperately to a ledge as bodies floated beneath him.

He looked up, a horse-shaped stone monolith towering above him.

He carved his way into the stone as the horse watched from on high.

He fell in a heap in the hole he had created.

Then there was darkness, and a final vision of himself, clinging to the edge of a plateau, as the sounds of chanting and crackling lightning grew closer and closer.

Then nothing.

-

Fifth's hand fell away from the stone circle, which was no longer blazing with light.

"I know where to go," he said wearily, "beneath the plateau with the horse-shaped rock formation."

He paused for a moment, thinking of the last scene of his vision. "And you're not going to like this."

Kintas watched in unrestrained awe as the circle of runes that Fifth had so meticulously carved began glowing, and then light shot out from them.  He'd seen some amazing uses of Investiture, but this was certainly one of the more visually stunning, and Kintas himself was virtually a shape-shifter. Then Fifth put his hand on the stone runes, and suddenly, Kaladin himself was standing in front of him.

All around them were staring at the transformation, which lasted but a moment, when Fifth returned to his normal appearance and he sagged with fatigue.

"I know where to go," he said wearily, "beneath the plateau with the horse-shaped rock formation."

He paused for a moment. "And you're not going to like this."

Kintas didn't remember a horse-shaped rock formation, but the scouts knew where he was talking about, so they turned and headed back to the ladder.  Fifth elaborated on what he'd seen once they reached the top of the plateau, drawing a look of fear briefly into the officers eyes before they hardened to diamond.

"We'll bring our Captain home, or the storms can take us."

@Ecthelion III, I assume you were saying that Kaladin carved a hole in the rock to hide or shelter in, and that the Voidbringers were closing in on him, or else the storm?  I hope what I did didn't mess with what you were planning (the italics are what you said, with one phrase taken out since Kintas wouldn't have been privy to Fifth's thoughts).

I'll get some RP up later today. For now, there is one thing I'd like to ask. How much longer are we willing to wait in the hope that some of the (semi-)inactives come by and vote on the drake pardon? Currently, there are 8 votes for pardon, and 2 for execution. Even if those who voted for for execution switch over, and the willshaper decides to throw his power behind the pardon, we'll still need another 3 votes (more likely, we'll still need 6). So what I'd like to hear is 1 or 2 opinions on how much longer we plan to wait and hope for the best.

Storms, now I feel like one of those inept sci-fi fleet admirals. "There's no way he could have survived this long. Let's nuke the place and be done with it."  However, I do think it needs to be said. There's some time yet, but it will run out eventually.