Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

22 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Please go into long phsycologicla rant.

I beg.

Ha! Ok. 

See, the later into the night you stay awake, the more awake you become, causing spikes of energy such of- whatstheword, spontaneous initiative. Your brain wanders because it doesn't know in which direction this spontinaety is going to take you (for me, it's generally cleaning my room lol), and so then you hear music. Music in general opens up pathways of creativity, but especially softer, more classical kinds of music. So, having a pathway opened through which this spontaneous initiative can travel, it rushed through. <- I should probably mention most of this is from my own observation and not based off of any research, so don't take to it as fact. 

And I could go on to say how this doesn't always happen, and the less sleep deprived you are the more likely for it to happen, and why that is. And how that works. But that would take a long time, so... I'd prefer not to. 

*bows* Thank you for your attention =P

Edited by RogueWriter

So, a bit of update on my part:

The dropped laptop came back. New disk, SSD this time, gonna cost a bit (~42% of what I bought the laptop for). The old disk... I hope something is recoverable, as I have absolutely no backup. (Yeah, I know) Most of my writing and worldbuilding notes were there + some other stuff I won't be able to get back from somewhere else (like 1000+ bookmarks in Firefox).
I have an operational comp back now, so I'll go back to being more active :)

Good news is that my uni accepted me back, so I can go back to studying. Today I had the signing up for classes done, and my plan is a bit over the place but it definitely could be worse (signing up time is between 8 am and 2 pm and I was assigned a start on 1:21 pm... which is super late and good stuff was already taken).

Now I think I'm gonna take a nap, I spent most of the night setting up plan A, B, C through G (none of which were good, cause the stuff was already taken), so...

5 hours ago, Slowswift said:

My mother got me a label maker!

She started questioning this decision soon after I stuck a label that said "FEAR ME" to the bottom of a random object. :ph34r:

I don't understand why. That sounds like a perfectly rational use for a label maker!

15 hours ago, Slowswift said:

My mother got me a label maker!

She started questioning this decision soon after I stuck a label that said "FEAR ME" to the bottom of a random object. :ph34r:

Why have a label maker if not to stick silly labels on random objects? That's clearly what they're made for.

6 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

QQ- Why the heck is every girl I start talking to so ridiculously short? Do I just have a thing for short girls, or are there no tall cute nerdy girls around? Nothing against short girls, but when you're 6'3", girls under 5' are a little inconvenient. 

I mean, I feel like most girls would look short if you're 6'3"? I'm 5'8", and that's definitely above average.

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

@Kaymyth I think you're the resident "expert" on this type of thing, so.

Reaction to the below picture?

Hide contents

tumblr_p2nnlenBRy1rswlgfo1_500.jpg

It's a knitting pattern from Alice Starmore's Glamourie. Figured it'd be up your alley :P 

Oh. Oh my gods. Oh my dear sweet everloving gods I NEED THIS.

1 hour ago, ParadoxicalZen said:

I know it's isn't particularly my designated style of clothing but I wouldn't mind a simpler robe-like version of this, just cause it's pretty.:ph34r:

I'd probably leave off the headpiece, but the rest of it is amaaaaazing.

Sigh. 

I told him why I didn’t hand in a text quiz, and he said “yeah, my son’s been pretty busy too. But not too busy to text you all the time”

This is what my dad, a music teacher, said to the girl I've been talking to. He was also surprised I haven't converted her to sandersonism yet. 

Dad, you can be a bit naive sometimes. 

11 hours ago, Sunbird said:

@Quiver That cloak would be awesome for a cosplay of Howl from Howl's Moving Castle!

I've never actually gotten around to seeing Howl. Actually, I haven't seen most of the Ghibli collection; I kinda saw Princess Mononoke, and decided that clearly things could not be topped :P 

23 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Oh. Oh my gods. Oh my dear sweet everloving gods I NEED THIS.

Pretty much what I was expecting :P Well, as I say, it seems to be a pattern in that book, so that could be something for you to hunt down or look up if you were so inclined?

Like I said, stumbled across it, figured you'd like.

4 hours ago, Quiver said:

I've never actually gotten around to seeing Howl. Actually, I haven't seen most of the Ghibli collection; I kinda saw Princess Mononoke, and decided that clearly things could not be topped :P 

Pretty much what I was expecting :P Well, as I say, it seems to be a pattern in that book, so that could be something for you to hunt down or look up if you were so inclined?

Like I said, stumbled across it, figured you'd like.

I already did hunt it down. It's not being released yet for a week.