Long Game 23: The Siege of Luthadel

Renegade

3 minutes ago, jaimeleecee said:

So you would have to have more than 2 Kandra, assuming that you looked at both the Koloss and Boxings of Venture and are making an educated guess about Aman's faction.  So you would need to have at least 4 Kandra to have gotten the same information from another faction in order to know for sure that Venture was stronger than yours and the other.  4 Kandra isn't dangerous? As far as I see it, you are either lying about something or making really really strong assumptions.  

Correct. With my Houses's resources, we could've purchased 7 Kandra without leaving ourselves open to Koloss attacks ;)

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

That is pretty much how Maill plays all these games.

That's true, though :P

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

And yet a player who always very open with their thoughts and intentions is being lynched instead. Weird, that :P 

Hey, I'm very open about my intentions: lynching you. :P

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

And yet a player who always very open with their thoughts and intentions is being lynched instead. Weird, that :P 

And the times you are open and honest and live are the times you're an Eliminator and/or lying through your teeth.:P

OK, so I apologise for the lack of posting, Aman. As you know, I've been a little distracted by events off the forum, but have also been unwell today, and hence haven't responded.

With regards to my actions, I quite honestly feel that we are seriously underestimating the potential of the spiked, and sought to divert attention in the near term from the faction war. I felt that the wrong lesson had been learnt from MR7, and that there was too much pressure within a faction not to lynch valuable players on limited suspicion.

With regards to my posting, I have both been busy and unwell, as mentioned above, but also have chosen to observe and discuss in my faction doc.

The vote change into Kipper was discussed briefly within my faction, on the chance that a soother might aid us. I had certainly planned to make a new post, but realised at 1:59am that I needed to make the change, and it hit 2:00 whilst I was editing the post. I recognise that this was wrong, and plead solely tiredness based on the hour as an excuse.

Hmm, I'm honestly curious if I have the message right, so.... if it's not cheating, might as well:

Rov tn xlmf voizz. rjYfur sbqwbzg Ljnayeq?

Did I do that right? I don't really get how this works. Anyone can figure out my OTP by reversing the process and read the secret message I sent to you.

If anyone has paid attention to anything I’ve said this game, which seems pretty doubtful considering the number of votes I have on me right now for absolutely no reason, I am extremely opposed to lynching players simply because you consider them a threat to your faction. I have made it very clear that my primary focus this game is catching the Spiked, which is going to make them want to kill me anyway, plus since my faction lacks a Coinshot I’d hazard to guess two others have one and that they will want to use that kill on me too. There’s a secondary reason why I was so vehemently against this the previous cycle, and that’s because I want to avoid my death as much as possible so that I can actually take advantage of the role I was given.

I wanted to hear more from my team before making this post but given how stubborn some of you are being I have no choice. We had hoped that me typing a convincing post about a player with genuine reasons would be enough to sway people. We were wrong. So I don’t have any other choice but to tell you all that I am a Seeker and scanned Orlok last night. I made it very clear on D1 that he was the player I was suspicious of the most and wanted to vote for. So I followed up on my gut and intuition and alas; it turns out he’s Spiked, but did not burn any metals last night.

The fact that Mailliw decided to pull out lies and fear tactics to sway people away from him and onto me suggests that A: my faction is compromised by a Spiked and B: he’s aware and wants to save his companion and kill a Seeker in one fell swoop. Take that as you wish.

I have nothing more to say other than doing what he’s doing, encouraging faction focused lynches, helps the Spiked win more than any individual faction does no matter what.

Edited by Amanuensis

Aman, in my case, I just don't trust you. You are a good player, vocal, and able to command the town to listen to you. You are a prime candidate for being Spiked, you are not in my faction and strong players not in my faction are a threat, and I think your house is particularly strong right now. If you don't feel that any of those are valid reasons for a vote, well, uhh, sorry?

Just now, Nyali said:

Aman, in my case, I just don't trust you. You are a good player, vocal, and able to command the town to listen to you. You are a prime candidate for being Spiked, you are not in my faction and strong players not in my faction are a threat, and I think your house is particularly strong right now. If you don't feel that any of those are valid reasons for a vote, well, uhh, sorry?

That's chulldung and you know it :P it was obvious from the beginning that I was bound to be killed off early for this exact reasoning. No Inquisitor in their right mind would Spike me; they would encourage this exact line of thinking or kill me themselves if people failed to be persuaded. There's no need to apologize. 

I can only presume this to be desperate self preservation from Aman. He's quite right in that I didn't burn any metals last night, but wholly wrong as to my alignment. 

I suspect you are a seeker, and so hoping that your death, should it occur, ought to result in my own should you be unspiked, but would request that should I survive I be seeked by any other seekers, so as to demonstrate that Aman is lying through his teeth. 

On the basis that you're lying to everyone to save yourself, Aman, I guess I ought to vote to save myself - I don't think you are spiked - just zealously playing for your own survival, but Aman

10 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

If anyone has paid attention to anything I’ve said this game, which seems pretty doubtful considering the number of votes I have on me right now for absolutely no reason, I am extremely opposed to lynching players simply because you consider them a threat to your faction. I have made it very clear that my primary focus this game is catching the Spiked, which is going to make them want to kill me anyway, plus since my faction lacks a Coinshot I’d hazard to guess two others have one and that they will want to use that kill on me too. There’s a secondary reason why I was so vehemently against this the previous cycle, and that’s because I want to avoid my death as much as possible so that I can actually take advantage of the role I was given.

I wanted to hear more from my team before making this post but given how stubborn some of you are being I have no choice. We had hoped that me typing a convincing post about a player with genuine reasons would be enough to sway people. We were wrong. So I don’t have any other choice but to tell you all that I am a Seeker and scanned Orlok last night. I made it very clear on D1 that he was the player I was suspicious of the most and wanted to vote for. So I followed up on my gut and intuition and alas; it turns out he’s Spiked, but did not burn any metals last night.

The fact that Mailliw decided to pull out lies and fear tactics to sway people away from him and onto me suggests that A: my faction is compromised by a Spiked and B: he’s aware and wants to save his companion and kill a Seeker in one fell swoop. Take that as you wish.

I have nothing more to say other than doing what he’s doing, encouraging faction focused lynches, helps the Spiked win more than any individual faction does no matter what.

I can’t tell if you’re lying to save yourself or actually telling the truth. Joe. Orlok. I don't want a Seeker to die, and we can always lynch you if you’re lying. Or coinshot you.

1 minute ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I can only presume this to be desperate self preservation from Aman. He's quite right in that I didn't burn any metals last night, but wholly wrong as to my alignment. 

I suspect you are a seeker, and so hoping that your death, should it occur, ought to result in my own should you be unspiked, but would request that should I survive I be seeked by any other seekers, so as to demonstrate that Aman is lying through his teeth. 

On the basis that you're lying to everyone to save yourself, Aman, I guess I ought to vote to save myself - I don't think you are spiked - just zealously playing for your own survival, but Aman

Exactly what a Spiked would do. Especially the Inquisitor, which is what I'm afraid of. Trying to survive to an extra night so you can Spike one last player before you die? Thought so

8 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

So I don’t have any other choice but to tell you all that I am a Seeker and scanned Orlok last night. I made it very clear on D1 that he was the player I was suspicious of the most and wanted to vote for. So I followed up on my gut and intuition and alas; it turns out he’s Spiked, but did not burn any metals last night.  

Oh, hey, I actually missed your note about Orlok. I blame baby wrangling being super distracting. How do people feel about this assertion? Do we kill Orlok first, check if he's spiked, and THEN take out Aman if he was lying?

Edited by Nyali

24 minutes ago, jaimeleecee said:

Sounds like your house is the strongest then.. voiding your claims completely.

Not even close. I just said we could have that many kandra, not that we could have sent that many. And "not open to Koloss" would mean at least one Koloss or thug. That's not much. ;)

20 minutes ago, Nyali said:

Hmm, I'm honestly curious if I have the message right, so.... if it's not cheating, might as well:

Rov tn xlmf voizz. rjYfur sbqwbzg Ljnayeq?

Did I do that right? I don't really get how this works. Anyone can figure out my OTP by reversing the process and read the secret message I sent to you.

Yhr bu juao rgcmh. ycUnbd bpzsttt Tqgwglc? With your pad one more time, you should get the message.

18 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Or that like you said, I'm not playing this how you are. I'm going for the factions right now. 

@Nyali I say we take out Aman now anyways and then send a Coinshot on Orlok. If that doesn't work, we can lynch Orlok tomorrow. 

@Alvron You should know as well as anyone that I'm right. If I'm lying and Orlok is innocent, what does the village lose? If I'm telling the truth that means Orlok might very well be the Inquisitor and not killing him would result in another Spiking. This is exactly what happened with me being right about Padan Fain in LG22 and because the village decided to lynch me instead he got another conversion off. I beg that the same mistake is not made two games in a row.

1 minute ago, Nyali said:

Oh, hey, I actually missed your note about Orlok. I blame baby wrangling being super distracting. How do people feel about this assertion? Do we kill Orlok first, check if he's spiked, and THEN take out Aman if he was lying?

I would rather kill Aman first.  He's dangerous to any team he's not on and if he's not a Seeker then we know he's lying about Orlok.  If he is a Seeker then we Coinshot Orlok.  Sorry Aman but I've seen you wiggle you way out of the noose too many times to trust you on this.

Admittedly, I'm bias as Orlok is a housemate so having him live is in my best interest.

1 minute ago, Alvron said:

I would rather kill Aman first.  He's dangerous to any team he's not on and if he's not a Seeker then we know he's lying about Orlok.  If he is a Seeker then we Coinshot Orlok.  Sorry Aman but I've seen you wiggle you way out of the noose too many times to trust you on this.

Admittedly, I'm bias as Orlok is a housemate so having him live is in my best interest.

Of course you're a Penrod too. Why couldn't my team be online before turnover instead of the Spiked's.

Okay, I really hate doing this because Penrod is hurting right now, but if Orlok really is spiked, gotta cut out the cancer asap. Can always send a coinshot after Aman - his faction doesn't have a Lurcher, and Penrod does. Or, we can just lynch Aman next turn. So...

[ Aman ] and [ Orlok ]

I hope this means that my theory and gut were right.. I would love some assurance that they are not useless :P 

Keeping my vote right where it is.  Lynching each other just for faction reasons is exactly how the spiked would win.  We need to at least give this a chance, if Aman is lying we lynch him next, or he gets killed by coins, either way this seems like a much safer option for the rest of us. 

@STINK @TheMightyLopen @TheSilverDragon I see ya'll on the forums. Any of you care to kill a Spiked instead of a Seeker? Or are you Spiked too?

5 minutes ago, Nyali said:

Okay, I really hate doing this because Penrod is hurting right now, but if Orlok really is spiked, gotta cut out the cancer asap. Can always send a coinshot after Aman - his faction doesn't have a Lurcher, and Penrod does. Or, we can just lynch Aman next turn. So...

[ Aman ] and [ Orlok ]

And thank you Nyali. You made the right choice.

Edited by Amanuensis

If this does turn against me further, I'd like to request that you don't let Aman wriggle his way out of a lynch next cycle, after it becomes clear he's lying.

Whilst self preservation for his faction could be a motive of his, equally, he may be the inquisitor himself, in which case delaying his death by a cycle, as this seems likely to do allows him another spiking as a distinct advantage and motivation for lynching me on false pretenses.

9 minutes ago, Nyali said:

How do you know what roles Penrod and Venture may or may not have?  There is no way you could know that unless you have access to more than one Doc.

Just now, Alvron said:

How do you know what roles Penrod and Venture may or may not have?  There is no way you could know that unless you have access to more than one Doc.

Aman claimed no lurcher in faction on night zero.

I'm willing to vote on Orlok. I've got a village read on Aman, and a slight evil read on Orlok, so I'll give Aman the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Joe, still would like a response from you. I realize it's the 4th of July, so, you're probably busy, but you were on yesterday and never responded, which is a bit odd, IMO.

Would also like to point out that I don't agree with how most everyone seems to be approaching the lynch. Faction wars are fun and all, but it's like no one cares about the Spiked. Alvron said so himself early on in the game, thread interaction is a very important part of finding the Inquisitor/Spiked, but no one seems to be putting the lynch to use in that regard.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

1 hour ago, Arraenae said:

Please explain to me how revealing a memberlist insulates that faction from getting spiked. The Inquisitor (and everybody else) now knows who is in that faction. That’s it. If that faction isn’t the one the Inquisitor is in, they now have one less person to spike to find faction lists. That’s one spike that they can now use on players with powerful roles, have good synergy, or provide important analysis. It might even be one spike more that they use on someone from the originally revealed faction who the Inquisitor wants to work with.

It was a really small thing that came up in my doc discussion. If a single faction revealed their list Night 0, then the Inquisitor would gain less information from spiking a member of that faction than by spiking some other random player. So in that one instance, it could have been reasonable for a single faction to reveal their list of members. However, we have passed the point where that matters, and it is only relevant since Orlok posted his idea back during Night 0.