yeah someone like that should work

well, their hideout is just some random, normal house, abandoned and unused. The garden would still be tended though, for aesthetics sake, by vanillas. 

Well for most people i think it is around noon, but I'm not sure, people are all over the place. Theoretically it could be mid-afternoon or late-afternoon as well.

There are no on-going interactions I believe that lock us into place, so it could be anytime of day at all.

EDIT: and Corpsemaker reminds everyone that wanton shooting at him, despite his invulnerability, is unacceptable

Ok.

Alright, that should be enough for a description for him finding it.

Re: Edit. What about electrocution?

In terms of time of day, Buttercup, Kenshin, and Argon are locked right around 1 pm right now, maybe a little later than that.

As for tracking Iconoclast, keep in mind that I haven't read any of the new posts in the the thread. Buttercup will be very upset that Rainmaker is assigning someone else to track him down, because 1) she wasn't consulted, and 2) Buttercup takes pride in her security force and their effectiveness (this confidence can be a false confidence, however, since there's never been too many issues in Corvallis).

But yeah, it's up to you guys. This is a cooperative role play, after all. Personally, I don't think the security would miss any witnesses, but then again it's a possibility, so yeah. Also remember that eye witnesses are more often than not unreliable when retelling info. If your trail of bread crumbs are witness after witness, you're compounding that unreliability with each new witness you speak with. Just something to keep in mind.

Alright. Should I hold up on something in the morning then? I could finish ThunderSpear at the University, wait a couple days (real time), have him talking with Rainmaker, then in another couple days at Slaughterine's, then once everyone agrees on morning, I can have him restart his search. 

That is something good to keep in mind. I'd probably have one person near Slaughterine's, then at most one or two other people along the way. I'd probably just mention them, not have the full dialogue.

I don't think you necessarily need a flashback of him joining; you could just start with him having already been a member of Security, and then let more come up over time.  

And we all know how considerate Rainmaker is of Buttercup's feelings ;).  

I think Rainmaker would see it as covering her bases: the more people looking for Iconoclast the better.  She would also see it as a way of keeping Thunderspear occupied.  Blaze, maybe during the Queen's meeting later in the day, we could have Buttercup confront Rainmaker about this (and possibly the Iron Ogress thing as well)?  I think that could be fun.  What do you think?

Ok. I could probably do that (I've been doing it for ThunderSpear this whole time bwahahahha!11!!!1)

XD

That would be fun to watch. 

Next ThunderSpear post should be up within half an hour :D

EDIT: Also, for Nijo, I'm going to try a different style of writing, to emphasize his fast processing power. Let me know what you think?

Edited by Weirdpersonx

Chase could do something. She is kinda laying low, but I do need something to get her back into action. 

Well, I think her main task is tracking down Insight, but there is lots going on the city right now that she could pop in and meddle with.  Lots of new immigrants to tag as well.  

I'm good with a scene if you are. :)

Sounds good!  Should are start, or would you like to?  It might not be anything much, but we can start and see where it goes.  

Ok.

Alright, that should be enough for a description for him finding it.

Re: Edit. What about electrocution?

Alright. Should I hold up on something in the morning then? I could finish ThunderSpear at the University, wait a couple days (real time), have him talking with Rainmaker, then in another couple days at Slaughterine's, then once everyone agrees on morning, I can have him restart his search. 

That is something good to keep in mind. I'd probably have one person near Slaughterine's, then at most one or two other people along the way. I'd probably just mention them, not have the full dialogue.

Ok. I could probably do that (I've been doing it for ThunderSpear this whole time bwahahahha!11!!!1)

XD

EDIT: Also, for Nijo, I'm going to try a different style of writing, to emphasize his fast processing power. Let me know what you think?

I think as long as its still easy to read, a different writing style if fine.  Good luck!

As for timeline, Rainmaker is in the later part of the afternoon now, which is where Thunderspear would have to be as well since they are interacting right now.  

Alright. ThunderSpear and Nijo post up. As soon as you're ready Coma we can move ahead to Rainmaker meeting with ThunderSpear. Also, Blaze, I just had an idea. You were talking about how Buttercup wouldn't be happy with Rainmaker sending ThunderSpear after Iconoclast. Well, how about she has Nijo tail him? It'd be a great way for me to introduce his ninja-y side, and it would mean she wasn't being completely passive about it.

Blaze, maybe during the Queen's meeting later in the day, we could have Buttercup confront Rainmaker about this (and possibly the Iron Ogress thing as well)?  I think that could be fun.  What do you think?

I was already planning on it  :D

XD

I think you're moving too fast. As in, the RP does not move anywhere near that fast normally. Finishing this day in game could take months. I understand and sympathize with your enthusiasm, and it's worked out so far with Comatose having time to post as well. We should try our best to not get characters separated by too much time within the same city, it'll just get confusing the further separated they all are. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for, at best, months of not posting or, at worst, having to retcon events in or out of your posts.

Pardon the potential double post, didn't want to risk my Edit getting missed:

Alright. ThunderSpear and Nijo post up. As soon as you're ready Coma we can move ahead to Rainmaker meeting with ThunderSpear. Also, Blaze, I just had an idea. You were talking about how Buttercup wouldn't be happy with Rainmaker sending ThunderSpear after Iconoclast. Well, how about she has Nijo tail him? It'd be a great way for me to introduce his ninja-y side, and it would mean she wasn't being completely passive about it.

This is what I'm getting at, in terms of getting too far ahead. Buttercup's not going to get the news about Rainmaker using Thunderspear for at least an in game hour, which could be weeks worth of me posting once I get the time to start again.

But I do like the idea. Let me think on it a bit.

I was already planning on it  :D

I think you're moving too fast. As in, the RP does not move anywhere near that fast normally. Finishing this day in game could take months. I understand and sympathize with your enthusiasm, and it's worked out so far with Comatose having time to post as well. We should try our best to not get characters separated by too much time within the same city, it'll just get confusing the further separated they all are. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for, at best, months of not posting or, at worst, having to retcon events in or out of your posts.

Alright. I guess that makes sense ^o^ I'll probably just lurk for a bit then, maybe work on some other profiles (I've got a few ideas in the works). Just shoot me a PM or a message here when I can toss ThunderSpear and Nijo back in :D

EDIT: Alright. That sounds fine.

Edited by Weirdpersonx

Yeah, Weird, learn from my mistake :P I made Argon jump 4 hours ahead of other characters timeline and I had to wait 4 months for others to catch up... and now that they cought up they still haven't met Argon :P

Okay, gonna ask; what's the status with Salem's plotlines?

Trying to figure out what, exactly, I should be posting there...

I don't think there are any at the moment. If you want to write something there, go ahead and make your own gang. I've sort of been planning to have a small-scale turf war between the Rift Cult and Ghostfire's Militia, but I guess I just haven't got around to write it yet.

May I take The Adventurer? He seems like the kind of guy I'd really like to write.

Isn't... isn't Voidus still writing him?

So I had an idea for a solution to the time difference problem: an epic who can speed up or slow down time in different areas. His name would be Chronos, and he would be a sort of Deathlike character- not interacting at all, just doing his job. Tell me what you think of the idea.

But yeah, it's up to you guys. This is a cooperative role play, after all. Personally, I don't think the security would miss any witnesses, but then again it's a possibility, so yeah. Also remember that eye witnesses are more often than not unreliable when retelling info. If your trail of bread crumbs are witness after witness, you're compounding that unreliability with each new witness you speak with. Just something to keep in mind.

those points are true, normally I'd suggest that tracking him like that would be unlikey. I mostly am just bending probability in order to allow Thunderspear to actually find Iconoclast at all. 

Although I could see the police being so overwhelmed by these attacks (and not normally having to do much) that they miss a few witnesses. Real-life police can be that incompetent, after all.

"Corpsemaker smiled, sipping his favourite coffee, at his favourite coffeeshop.

The situation was made only slightly uncomfortable for the owner of the establishment by the scores of soldiers, vehicles, and mechs waiting outside."

Those first two lines made me laugh out loud for a good 5 seconds. :D Excellent post all around, Blackhoof!

haha thanks XD

So I had an idea for a solution to the time difference problem: an epic who can speed up or slow down time in different areas. His name would be Chronos, and he would be a sort of Deathlike character- not interacting at all, just doing his job. Tell me what you think of the idea.

I'm sort of against the idea of new Epics entirely atm to be honest. We already have heaps.

In addition to Blackhoof's points, we already have three temporal manipulators in the RP, and I think that's a power that should probably stay rare. (Timeport, who can jump short distances into the future, Eternity, who can pull people and objects in and out of the flow of time, and Timelock, who I believe has powers more similar to what you describe.) 

Timelock though, is available for adoption. (I think? I don't remember anyone taking him.) I think that might be your best course; it's an Epic with a similar powerset, albeit different MO, that you can take without adding a new Epic to the game.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't trying to make a new Epic for me to RP, just suggesting a solution to a problem that had been brought up.

Ah, sorry. :P I didn't read that carefully enough. Regardless though, I don't really think it's a good idea. Beyond the already mentioned reasons, there's too much of a deus ex machina inherent in a character like that. Other people should probably weigh in though.

In other news, the next part of Eternity's introduction is up. (This one from the point of view of one of Accord's Proxies. I've settled on Accord's contracts being able to cause debilitating pain and distinct disfigurement when broken; for Epics, this is a bad as it gets, for vanillas, it can kill. Also, Accord has quite the flair for the dramatic when writing the exact terms of his contracts. :P) Just two left before he becomes a legitimate part of the story. :P I'll try to do something for Frostfire soon.

Thanks to Edgedancer, we now have a more complete picture of how many abandoned and adoptable Epics there are in this game and….wow. In addition to all of the Epics currently used by active players, this game is bursting at the seams with Epics. 

I'm actually considering either requiring new players to at least try playing with an abandoned Epic first, requiring them to create a vanilla character in addition to an Epic character, both, or something else entirely. I'm….kind of loathe to do that, because I don't want to turn anyone away by making them feel like the rules are too constrictive; and a rule like that might come across as unfair to newbies, since senior players didn't have any such restrictions when they joined, but storms. We just have too many Epics. Too many psychotic deities vying for power, even in a game that's about the power struggles between said psychotic deities. It's just overstuffed. 

I think that the resulting chaos of nobody having any clue what's actually going on because time just became bendable would be way too much trouble to be worth anything.

In other news, the next part of Eternity's introduction is up. (This one from the point of view of one of Accord's Proxies. I've settled on Accord's contracts being able to cause debilitating pain and distinct disfigurement when broken; for Epics, this is a bad as it gets, for vanillas, it can kill. Also, Accord has quite the flair for the dramatic when writing the exact terms of his contracts. :P) Just two left before he becomes a legitimate part of the story. :P I'll try to do something for Frostfire soon.

I see they are in for awesome teamwork. :ph34r: You're going for gifted with powers then?

Thanks to Edgedancer, we now have a more complete picture of how many abandoned and adoptable Epics there are in this game and….wow. In addition to all of the Epics currently used by active players, this game is bursting at the seams with Epics. 

I'm actually considering either requiring new players to at least try playing with an abandoned Epic first, requiring them to create a vanilla character in addition to an Epic character, both, or something else entirely. I'm….kind of loathe to do that, because I don't want to turn anyone away by making them feel like the rules are too constrictive; and a rule like that might come across as unfair to newbies, since senior players didn't have any such restrictions when they joined, but storms. We just have too many Epics. Too many psychotic deities vying for power, even in a game that's about the power struggles between said psychotic deities. It's just overstuffed. 

There really are a lot. There are some places in which Epics maybe could be fit in, with some work on the setting, but in general, especially Epics that just kind of walk into town, I'm inclined to agree with you.

We had a similar problem starting out with Mistborn: The Inquisition with Mistborn characters--both with there being too many Mistborn in proportion to other characters, AND with people creating a Mistborn and taking up one of those valuable spots, and then leaving.  

How we ended up dealing with it officially is by saying that people cannot make Mistborn as first characters, and an unofficial policy of not letting people write a Mistborn (or Inquisitor) until they write at least three characters, and show an intention to stick around on the site.  We still have a lot of Mistings as first characters in comparison to regular people, but I think that's okay.  

How I've dealt with it in my head canon is by saying that although we have more Mistborn player characters than we should in proportion to other Mistborn characters, that number is still under 20 total, which is realistic for the number of Mistborn in the Final Empire.  Because in the books, most Mistborn are tied to Great Houses, it makes sense that many of the Mistborn in the whole empire would be in Luthadel.  So, my head-canon is that we are just RPing most of the existing Mistborn in the empire.  

Anyways, for the Reckoners RP, the issue I see is mostly with high epics.  What I would say is that new players cannot make a High Epic as their first character.  It would be a little unfair since others among us have done this, but I think part of managing a growing RP is creating rules and restrictions as the story grows and starts to become more difficult to manage.  I would say adjusting our Head-canon to say that we are RPing most of the existing High Epics in Oregon could help with the plausibility as well (though we still might be over capacity).  Hopefully restricting high epics will also encourage people to be more creative with their power-sets when making first characters.  

For the purpose of this restriction, I would include Epics like Regalia, who don't technically have a PI but are extremely powerful, as a High Epic.  Such epics can be reserved for players who show a commitment to stick around and continue to play in the RP.

For regular epics, it might be difficult to restrict people from making them first, since epics are what a lot of people come here to write about.  Perhaps a rule saying that, if your first character is an epic, you must make a Vanilla before making more epics might work?  These are just my opinions, so feel free to disagree.  

There is also...

1. Intervention (Maillw's Portland NPC)

2. Smoke Bomb (Maillw's Portland NPC)

3. Summoner (Maillw's Portland NPC)

4. Aura (abandoned Tulir Epic in the Dalles)

5. Vis Vires (abandoned Tulir Epic in Astoria)

6. Planeshift (abandoned by Newan, in the Dalles

7. Memori (abandoned by Newan, in the Dalles)

8. Current Event (abandoned by Newan, in the Dalles)

9. Nightshade (abandoned by Kipper, in Astoria)

10. Midnight Tears (abandoned by Kipper, in Astoria)

11. Affinity (abandoned by Sirce Luckwielder, in Astoria)

12. Blindsight (abandoned by Sirce Luckwielder, in Astoria)

13. Lockvault (abandoned by Sirce Luckwielder, in Astoria)

14. Disruption (abandoned by Sirce Luckwielder, in Astoria)

15. Dragoon (abandoned by Sirce Luckwielder, in Astoria)

16. Kinesis (abandoned by Sirce Luckwielder, in Astoria)

17. Lightwrought (abandoned by Sirce Luckwielder, in Astoria)

18. Wraith (maybe left behind by TheSilverDragon, in Portland)

19. Tonedeath (abandoned by The Honey Badger in Corvallis)

20. 5 Epics in Salem (maybe abandoned by Anamaximder; he would need to be contacted)

21. Morpheus (abandoned by MrMistborn in Salem)

22. See-Saw (abandoned by ShadowoftheSun in Salem)

23. Substance (abandoned by illuminati in Salem)

23. Stormgate (maybe abandoned by Stormgate, in Astoria(?))

24. Shatter Shot (maybe abandoned by CarolaDavar, in Corvallis(?))

25. more that I missed

Despite the unappealing nature of placing restrictions on new players, I really believe that it's necessary for the health of the RP. 

I also think that we need to encourage new players to have their Epics interact with established Epics instead of coming up with other Epics to throw at them. The problem this causes is best illustrated by an example: WarriorMark. He has one plotline, but has already introduced 5 High Epics (Antimatter, Harkness, Ragnarok, Stormageddon, Brute) to provide context for the story he wants to make. The consequences of him leaving the game would be much worse than 1 player with 1 Epic. This problem can also be seen when players just create random NPC Epics (Burnheart is a recent example) to bounce their character off of. 

Even if new players continue to bring in new Epics — which I don't think is a good idea, as you've probably noticed :P  — there are things that need to change.

I apologize if my suggestion is presumptuous. I am aware that I have only one character of my own and have only been here for a relatively short time, so if my opinion is brazen, just tell me and I'll limit myself. :)

To be fair, a good deal of those Epics you just listed are accounted for, at least in the cities I covered. :ph34r:

For 1-3 Mailliw said he wanted to keep writing those until he has to leave on his mission.

5-10 have already been written out of the story, so adding them in again would be counteractive.

11 and 15 I have more or less adopted and given their specific involvement in the story would prefer them to not be adopted by new players, compared to other characters. (Although if someone really wants them, I could be persuaded)

12 ,14 and the other Icesteel keep Epics have been adopted by Blackhoof. (Although, they might be open for others as adoptable NPC? Would have to ask Blackhoof.)

13 is on the list for adoption and until then under Voidus.

23 I didn't add, given that he only got an introduction post an having characters adopted that actually are in the story would be preferable.

Still a good number especially for Corvallis and Salem though.

I am fully for the "establish character in the setting instead of making up entire casts" point you make though. While on the topic of maybe unpopular points, could the people that are about to go on a mission maybe think about setting up events in a way that when they do leave their characters are dealt with (be it dead, imprision or otherwise) instead of simply abandoned and putting more weight on everyone else, unless they can find someone that actually wants those characters in advance and doesn't just do it to avoid those getting abandoned? I mean, I know that wouldn't work for all of the characters but maybe we could at least try?

Edited by Edgedancer

Thanks for the input, everyone! Since others see it as an issue worth addressing (and it's not just me being paranoid—which happens more often than I care to admit :P) I think we should come up with a solution. I don't want to unilaterally impose a solution without both adequate input and majority support, so here are a few plans and rules that could be imposed. Offer input, extrapolate from these, argue them, debate them, and tweak them as you see fit. I can't promise that your idea will be enacted, but if you're a regular player here, your input is wanted. 

Coma's Proposed Rules: 

1. No High Epics as a first character. 
  2. Powerful Epics, who are not technically High Epics (e.g., Regalia) are restricted to players who have shown a strong indication of sticking around. 
  3. If your first character is an Epic, you must create and play a vanilla character before introducing another Epic. 

Cog's Proposed Rules: 

1. New Epics must interact with other player Epics before the new Epic's player can introduce more Epics.

Edgedancer's Proposed Rules: 

1. Ensure your Epics are taken care of—temporarily adopted or put on a bus in-story—before going on an extended absence. 
  2. Establish a character in the setting rather than making up new characters for yours to interact with. 

Twi's Proposed Rules: 

1. New players who want to play with an Epic character must first try playing with an adoptable Epic, and must try to make it work, before creating their own Epic. 
  2. If a new player creates an Epic of their own, they must create and play with a vanilla character before adding another Epic. This Epic cannot be a High Epic. 
  3. When adopting an Epic, their powerset can be modified. However, these modifications cannot make said Epic more powerful, or add more than one secondary power to that powerset. This secondary power cannot turn the character into a High Epic. 
  4. New characters must be established in-setting before the player can add a secondary Epic character. 

I'm all for mixing and matching with these rules. I like Coma's proposals, and I also think Cog and Edge bring up some good rules, too. So don't consider these proposals mutually exclusive, or set plans to choose from. They're more like a palette of rules to create with.