Portland and Dalles are places I'm interested the most. I more or less know what's going on there (I'd obviously do my research before joining the city :P) and I like the general concepts of those cities.

There was an abandoned character named Hydron in the first few pages of The Dalles, and then there was also Ricochet at the beginning of Portland. I'm not sure if any of them are actually adoptable, since they never really enmeshed themselves into their respective threads' politics in the first place and neither of those threads is looking for new Epics at the moment.

There's also Freq's gang, I suppose. We were planning to add an Epic with the ability to create a forcefield around his body and an Epic that could weaponize sound. Kobold seemed opposed to the idea of adding new Epics on principle, though, and his opinion carries a lot of weight.

I'm frankly amazed at how quickly the Rainmaker/Thunderspear interaction is going

Like, a conversation between characters.... that doesn't take weeks? What????

Yeah XD...I come from a couple forums where while we usually have shorter posts, we're lancing them back and forth, usually 7-8 per day when we get enough people. I've been taking a bit of a break from those, but the habit still stands ^o^

Thanks!

BTW guys, found out I was biromantic gay over my quite long break. Figured I might as well say it now. 

Congratulation.

Portland and Dalles are places I'm interested the most. I more or less know what's going on there (I'd obviously do my research before joining the city :P) and I like the general concepts of those cities.

Let's see, in Portland we have Ricochet as already mentioned, who kind of dropped out very early on after Corpsemaker was set free and whose powers make him especially bouncy, if I remember right, Parity working with the Empire, who could leech color out of objects for either destructive or healing purposes, a lot of Epics in Thoughttown (and unless anyone heard anything from Mashadar, I suppose we can add Sightline to those again). While on the topic, Blackhoof are there still any Epics in the Empire left that would be open for somebody to take?

In the Dalles we have a couple of the Slivers, including the already mentioned Hydron and Event Horizon, who had somewhat black hole like powers, while Kobold was against adding new Epics to Freq's gang, there's still Sunspot, with light based powers, ranging from blinding people to shooting lasers, For the city guard, there's Florist, who can manipulate plants and so far has kept to himself in his garden and Ozymandias with a bundle of powers of super speed, healing factor and decay through increased entropy. Then there's also team Paladin still around, which consists of three Epics.

By "someone," do you mean Backtrack? :ph34r:

Then he mixes up the Shiny Sparkle and Rainmaker lamp and hijinks ensues. :ph34r:

While on the topic, Blackhoof are there still any Epics in the Empire left that would be open for somebody to take?

oh, uh, no idea to be honest. Candyflame was taken I know. I think that is all the Empire Epics accounted for, right?

Edited by Blackhoof

Perhaps we should start an "adoptable chracters thread" where we can keep an updatable list?  That might help when new players are interested.  We could also star characters that are high priority to adopt, or something.  

oh, uh, no idea to be honest. Candyflame was taken I know. I think that is all the Empire Epics accounted for, right?

*facepalm* I meant the Dominion. :ph34r:

Perhaps we should start an "adoptable chracters thread" where we can keep an updatable list?  That might help when new players are interested.  We could also star characters that are high priority to adopt, or something.  

Yeah, the mention in the Rules topic is nice but something more complete would be favourable.

*facepalm* I meant the Dominion. :ph34r:

Yeah, the mention in the Rules topic is nice but something more complete would be favourable.

If you guys can get me a list of, say, five or more to start with, I'll get a new topic made. 

The Dominion has a few though, iirc.

Upgrade, who can increase the powers of another Epic while in contact.

Mundivore, who is.... invulnerable, maybe? I forget. Cogni did one post with him recently.

Steetwise can see anything occurring on or near a street.

Leech can drain attributes from his "people", like health or strength, and he keeps them near him to do so. They follow willingly.

Collaborate becomes stronger and tougher the more people "follow" him.

Murphy might be someone's, I think, but he basically has a field of probability warping that breaks things and causes him to avoid death perfectly.

Most of these basically became NPCs after their creator left.

Edited by Blackhoof

The Dominion has a few though, iirc.

Upgrade, who can increase the powers of another Epic while in contact.

Mundivore, who is.... invulnerable, maybe? I forget. Cogni did one post with him recently.

Steetwise can see anything occurring on or near a street.

Leech can drain attributes from his "people", like health or strength, and he keeps them near him to do so. They follow willingly.

Collaborate becomes stronger and tougher the more people "follow" him.

Murphy might be someone's, I think, but he basically has a field of probability warping that breaks things and causes him to avoid death perfectly.

Most of these basically became NPCs after their creator left.

Thanks! I'll add them to the post, when I make it. Bruce is currently yapping for me to walk him, so I'd best do what the pug wants first. :P 

I'll write a few for the adoptable Epics list, just because. 

Epic Name: Sorry

Vanilla Name: Amina Stacato

Primary Power: Can make people feel sorry for what they're doing and leave her alone. 
Passive: Makes everyone in a ten yard radius sad. 

Description: A 27 year old latina who spends most of her time crying. 

Epic Name: Tear
Vanilla Name: Ebony Ralexa
Primary Power: Can cause people to start crying by simply being around her. 
Description: A 42 year old white woman who wanders around, annoying people and being apathetic. 

Epic Name: Bore

Vanilla Name: Ben McKea
Primary Power: Can make people bored. Works automatically if someone is trying to kill him. IE, if someone is really invested in killing him, they can do it, but most people are just kinda meh and leave him alone. 
Description: An 82 year old man who is ignored by most Epics and vanillas. 

Epic Name: Cherry

Vanilla Name: Kira ? 

Primary Power: Can make cherries blossom on trees. Also can make cherries explode. 
Description: A moody 15 year old African American girl who occasionally kills people. 

Epic Name: Insomnia

Vanilla Name: Washington Anab

Passive Power: Makes people really exhausted but unable to sleep. Works within a twenty yard radius. 
Description: A perpetual insomniac, his powers working on himself. He's a 72 year old Latino and grouchy. 

Epic Name: Tinfoil
Vanilla Name: Rocky 
Primary Power: Making tin foil hats protect the user from emotional/mental manipulation/control. 
Description: A 52 year old white conspiracy theorist who lives by constantly telling people "I was right," even though most don't actually care. 

Epic Name: Death Reaper of All, Destroyer of Kingdoms, Most Powerful of All, Extreme Ruler, and King of All That Is Beneath The Sun (AKA, DRoADoKMPoAERaKoATiBTS. Or DRADKMPAERK.) 
Vanilla Name: Arnold Asgole
Primary Power: Making people sneeze excessively. 
Description: A 42 year old white guy with an overinflated sense of self worth. 

I wasn't actually in a bad mood when I made these! (Also, long live DRADKMPAREK.)

Some nice Epics Winter but we were talking about the by now rather high number of Epic characters that are without players, after their creators left, so adding even more of them kind of goes against the general idea. :ph34r:

Taylor and, perhaps more importantly, there's [FINALLY] a Brandon post up, if anyone is interested.  Did we have any plans for Brandon.  I remember suggesting that it might be "fun" if Shiny Sparkle was tasked with searching for him once people realize Reader let him escape without a full interrogation about what happened to the rest of those guards, but I know Shiny is busy with other stuff, and wasn't sure if that idea was actually picked up.  

For Brandon, I'm good with whatever, I'm just eager to get more interaction for him now that I've started writing him again.  

So, I'll need to think about this a little more, but since I'm starting work soon and will have a more regular schedule, I was thinking of adopting one of the Portland characters, and fulfilling my goal of writing in that setting.  

After looking the available dominion epics over, I was thinking Upgrade might be fun.  I did a search of the thread, and all I got is that he seems pretty relaxed, that he gets annoyed with epics like Timeport, and that he is good with knives.  I couldn't find his profile in the Epics of Oregon thread - does anyone remember who posted him?  I kind of like that he's really useful, but that there is lots to fill in about him personally, since there hasn't been much character development yet, which would be fun.  I'm also looking to make a more minor character into a viewpoint one, rather than adopt an existing major character, to avoid biting off more than I can chew.  

Who should I ask about taking him?  If you guys think I shouldn't, I might try looking into Murphy, or waiting for a Empire of Light or Thoughtown Character to become available.  If you guys think its okay, I would be happy to submit an RP sample for approval to see if I get the character correct.  

So, I'll need to think about this a little more, but since I'm starting work soon and will have a more regular schedule, I was thinking of adopting one of the Portland characters, and fulfilling my goal of writing in that setting.  

After looking the available dominion epics over, I was thinking Upgrade might be fun.  I did a search of the thread, and all I got is that he seems pretty relaxed, that he gets annoyed with epics like Timeport, and that he is good with knives.  I couldn't find his profile in the Epics of Oregon thread - does anyone remember who posted him?  I kind of like that he's really useful, but that there is lots to fill in about him personally, since there hasn't been much character development yet, which would be fun.  I'm also looking to make a more minor character into a viewpoint one, rather than adopt an existing major character, to avoid biting off more than I can chew.  

Who should I ask about taking him?  If you guys think I shouldn't, I might try looking into Murphy, or waiting for a Empire of Light or Thoughtown Character to become available.  If you guys think its okay, I would be happy to submit an RP sample for approval to see if I get the character correct.  

Ask Mailliw for more info—he originally posted Upgrade, then Joe took over, but since Joe's dropped out I think Mailliw is the best person to ask. 

I'll definitely look forward to seeing you in Portland. ^_^ 

Ask Mailliw for more info—he originally posted Upgrade, then Joe took over, but since Joe's dropped out I think Mailliw is the best person to ask. 

I'll definitely look forward to seeing you in Portland. ^_^

Thanks!  I'll shoot him and PM, and then see about getting an RP sample together to make sure I get the voice correct.

Also, on the subject of Brandon, I love sailing, so feel free to ship away ;).  

tumblr_inline_mjkg1uPGlN1qz4rgp.gif

@Comatose, should I just come up with some stuff to happen at OSU, or did you have something specific in mind?

Nothing specific.  Just more general bureaucracy.  The list of names will be epics who have wronged or annoyed Rainmaker (Skinsaver will be on the list for sure).  I was thinking Thunderspear would be housed in one of the old dorm buildings on Campus, providing him with the requested "bed and storage space".  You can feel free to make up some NPC epics to steal from, if you wish.  

One thing to keep in mind is that the Government Building will have epic and human security, so if Thunderspear randomly starts shooting lightning at things or stealing there, you should probably have an epic guard come up and accost him.  The guards there would be of middling power, and since they are used to dealing with epics, most of them probably have some sort of defensive ability.  

For the future, one idea that just occured to me is that Rainmaker could give Thunderspear the "challenge" of tracking down Iconoclast.  Since Thunderspear seems to be a bit of a thrill seeker who likes to prove himself more powerful than others, if Rainmaker pitched it as a test of his abilities, do you think he would bite?

Good point, Edgedancer... I kinda just wanted to make some new Epics. Haven't done that in ages, at least not since I finished filling out Darwin. 

I can understand the itch, so scratch away. There just isn't much of a point to actually introduce them in an Oregon location.

Taylor and, perhaps more importantly, there's [FINALLY] a Brandon post up, if anyone is interested.  Did we have any plans for Brandon.  I remember suggesting that it might be "fun" if Shiny Sparkle was tasked with searching for him once people realize Reader let him escape without a full interrogation about what happened to the rest of those guards, but I know Shiny is busy with other stuff, and wasn't sure if that idea was actually picked up.  

For Brandon, I'm good with whatever, I'm just eager to get more interaction for him now that I've started writing him again.  

Yeah, there's a good chance that Shiny will move on to Portland after the current interactions, so that most likely won't work out.

Murphy, I think actually went to Voidus but he hasn't done anything with him yet, so asking him if you could have him might be worth it (no promises of course) something similair with Soulswitch, who pretty much works for the empire by extension of the PPP, A character that's definetly free in the Empire is Parity, who can absorb color out of objects to create orbs that either have healing or destructive powers.

In Thoughttown there are several NPCs that you could ask Mailliw for, if you're already PMing him anyway.

Again, has anyone heard from Mashadar Mistborn recently?

I can understand the itch, so scratch away. There just isn't much of a point to actually introduce them in an Oregon location.

Yeah, there's a good chance that Shiny will move on to Portland after the current interactions, so that most likely won't work out.

Murphy, I think actually went to Voidus but he hasn't done anything with him yet, so asking him if you could have him might be worth it (no promises of course) something similair with Soulswitch, who pretty much works for the empire by extension of the PPP, A character that's definetly free in the Empire is Parity, who can absorb color out of objects to create orbs that either have healing or destructive powers.

In Thoughttown there are several NPCs that you could ask Mailliw for, if you're already PMing him anyway.

Again, has anyone heard from Mashadar Mistborn recently?

No worries about Shiny.  I kind of figured she'd be busy.  

Parity sounds interesting to me.  I'll check her(?) out too.  

Nothing specific.  Just more general bureaucracy.  The list of names will be epics who have wronged or annoyed Rainmaker (Skinsaver will be on the list for sure).  I was thinking Thunderspear would be housed in one of the old dorm buildings on Campus, providing him with the requested "bed and storage space".  You can feel free to make up some NPC epics to steal from, if you wish.  

One thing to keep in mind is that the Government Building will have epic and human security, so if Thunderspear randomly starts shooting lightning at things or stealing there, you should probably have an epic guard come up and accost him.  The guards there would be of middling power, and since they are used to dealing with epics, most of them probably have some sort of defensive ability.  

For the future, one idea that just occured to me is that Rainmaker could give Thunderspear the "challenge" of tracking down Iconoclast.  Since Thunderspear seems to be a bit of a thrill seeker who likes to prove himself more powerful than others, if Rainmaker pitched it as a test of his abilities, do you think he would bite?

Alright. That should be pretty simple.

Good to know. He probably won't want to go through the trouble involved in annoying Rainmaker again, so he probably wouldn't explode stuff, but that's good to know for stealing.

That...could be really fun. I'd need to know a lot more about what happened for that (such as who controls Iconoclast). I've read the first page or two of Corvallis, and I've kept up with the last few, but I don't really know much about the meat of the story. He would definitely bite.

Blindside and Sunspot are adoptable, I think. In fact, I'd highly recommend that you take them, Mestiv, since we sort of need to finish a little conflict involving the whole gang before we're planning to go back into The Dalles. Last I heard from Shattered was in one of our PM's where he said he was frustrated with his procrastinative tendencies, and he hasn't been on in a month.