Brilliant posts guys :)

Arsenal gave me shivers, Kobold

Sorry, between spring break and not having any email notifications when Q18 ended, i was absent.

My idea to retcon the Fates was to make it so the conjoined two had identical powersets but specialized, and that they have a spinal (someone who knows medical stuff better than I, jump in) disorder/abnormality that causes intense pain regularly, so they are used to it/ can bear it. Also, the unconjoined Fate, Lachesis, doesn't require her sisters to use her power, it is more of a symbolic thing.

Wastelands post being worked on, I'm trying to combine infrastructure remodeling, response to the Immortal, and a innitiative toward alliance with Blackhoof (specifically Quakezone) in one post with a couple of POV's, so it's slow, but it is coming.

What if they had a disorder that deadened their ability to feel pain? That could work

Quakezone does like alliances :P

Giving them a condition that makes them used to the pain is meaningless, because the rending would wipe away any kind of self control they usually have.

I think you mean Atropos. Anyway, so she can just kill anyone, whenever with no risk to her own person and barely any more effort than a thought on top of a prime invincibility?

So... is that just the impression I'm getting or does everyone want an alliance with the Triumvirate? Maybe a change of plan is in order on my end. :ph34r:

Well its a pretty cool and interesting city, if I do say so myself :P Plus easily the most powerful city (if the trio can not kill each other) in the Wastelands in terms of raw Epics and numbers.

Not sure I have any parties he can join at the moment.  Based on the trouble he's causing, I'd assume he needs a visit from one of Buttercup's agents (since Buttercup is busy with Argon at the moment).  Does anyone have suggestions for who can accost ThunderSpear?

Buttercup herself could probably deal with it.

Are there any other Security Epics that have been introduced that could fulfill that role? Probably more than one, to be safe.

Brilliant posts guys :)

Arsenal gave me shivers, Kobold

What if they had a disorder that deadened their ability to feel pain? That could work

Quakezone does like alliances :P

Well its a pretty cool and interesting city, if I do say so myself :P Plus easily the most powerful city (if the trio can not kill each other) in the Wastelands in terms of raw Epics and numbers.

Are there any other Security Epics that have been introduced that could fulfill that role? Probably more than one, to be safe.

Having something like CIPA and being conjoined twins are both insanely rare, having both is pretty highly unlikely. I was going to suggest though that if their spinal cords are connected then it's possible for them to share a nervous system, so when either of them uses the power they both feel pain so they just think it's a side-effect of their powers. Alternatively they might be conjoined in such a way that it is almost impossible to kill one without killing the other, separating conjoined twins is pretty difficult without killing one or both.

So while making up an Epic that I will most likely never use, I ran into a question.

Would water with incredible friction be capable of supporting a person standing on it? Just wondering.

Probably not, depends how exactly the power worked (Friction is made up of a few different factors) and over what area, etc.

Not immediately, and I have no idea how long this Argon thing is going to go for. Plus, I know Silver popped back in with Converter, so if anything happens there that'll be Buttercup's 1st priority, given Converter vowed to destroy the city and all. Then there's possible Iconoclast issues, depending on what you're planning.

Other security officers include my minor Epics IcyHot and Resistor, and then there's Mannequin, whose owner sort of abandoned the game (username escapes me currently). No one else has joined the security force, if my memory is to be believed.

Not immediately, and I have no idea how long this Argon thing is going to go for. Plus, I know Silver popped back in with Converter, so if anything happens there that'll be Buttercup's 1st priority, given Converter vowed to destroy the city and all. Then there's possible Iconoclast issues, depending on what you're planning.

Other security officers include my minor Epics IcyHot and Resistor, and then there's Mannequin, whose owner sort of abandoned the game (username escapes me currently). No one else has joined the security force, if my memory is to be believed.

Gleeman, he hasn't even logged in this year though so I think it's safe to say he probably won't pick up Mannequin again. :P

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Well other than the attacks that have already happened (and mostly been defeated it looks like) I don't know if I'll do anything more with Icon for today.

Well those three no longer need to guard Converter if they noticed her exploding.

So in terms of who can deal with Thunderspear, perhaps just send a squad of vanilla officers to warn him that stealing is not allowed yadda yadda and he will be arrested if he persists.

Depends what the standard procedure for minor disputes like this is in Corvallis.

Just a note: Drainer didn't report the theft. He was too ashamed to do so :P But they may definitely confront ThunderSpear about his fight with Drainer. His lightning attack must have been flashy and hard to miss by everyone around.

Deathwish and Vondra posts up.

It's hard to compete with Lord Dupin becoming official Oregon canon, but I've been wanting to do a scene like this with Arsenal for a long time now. Hopefully I managed to pull it off at least passably well.

I'd say it was a bit more than just passable. :ph34r:

Today is a pretty efficient day.  :huh:

I know, right? :lol: Seems like the spreedsheat was a good idea... now keeping it updated. :ph34r:

P4U1dma.jpg

Or try to, at least. :P

I think the Dalles should have a pretty good shoot at that. On a similair note, could you give me a refresher on what details we actually settles on for Redlight's powers and how much they would help in holding Quicksilver and giving the city guard some time to get into possition?

I think Kenshin is being kidnapped/recruited tonight (care to confirm Edge?), but Phoenix could as well.  There's no reason Insight can't be busy today.  

Absolutely.

I'm not going to contradict you on the coold part but given that 18th kind of broke the numbers you made for High Epics per location by having three move into town and give one of them the second most absurd insta-kill I've seen all month, I'm not sure if the "most powerful in terms of raw Epics" actually holds true.

That is true, so they were only restrained knowing that it would have killed them to kill the other.

Problem with that being that depending on how 18th sets their PI now, they could possibly survive litterally ripping each other appart thanks to their powers.

Problem with that being that depending on how 18th sets their PI now, they could possibly survive litterally ripping each other appart thanks to their powers.

Maybe but then that just becomes an exercise in futility since they can't actually kill each other, so there'd still be a reason for them to still be alive.

Maybe but then that just becomes an exercise in futility since they can't actually kill each other, so there'd still be a reason for them to still be alive.

Well, not all PIs are perfect and they do know each others weakness but I guess there isn't really a point to this discussion until we know how their current PI works, which might not allow for it in the first place.

On another note, I realized that to avoid permanently being in crippling pain, they couldn't have passive powers or powers with a sustained effect,

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Well other than the attacks that have already happened (and mostly been defeated it looks like) I don't know if I'll do anything more with Icon for today.

Well those three no longer need to guard Converter if they noticed her exploding.

So in terms of who can deal with Thunderspear, perhaps just send a squad of vanilla officers to warn him that stealing is not allowed yadda yadda and he will be arrested if he persists.

Depends what the standard procedure for minor disputes like this is in Corvallis.

Isn't Thunderspear a High Epic? We decided that when High Epics enter town, having divulged that they are High Epics to the security at the Checkpoint, then Rainmaker (Comatose) visits them. So Thunderspear should soon be getting a visit from Rainmaker, along with Chasmfiend and I think a third High Epic who are also needing visits from her.

Well, not all PIs are perfect and they do know each others weakness but I guess there isn't really a point to this discussion until we know how their current PI works, which might not allow for it in the first place.

On another note, I realized that to avoid permanently being in crippling pain, they couldn't have passive powers or powers with a sustained effect,

Well yeah but then they still end up killing themselves if they exploit a PI weakness, and to know the others weakness they'd have to have the same weakness so to use it they'd have to face it :P

I wouldn't exactly call it crippling, Prof didn't seem to be that hindered by it. And after a while they could just get some painkillers.

Another alternative, being in the unique position of being conjoined twins they might actually be strictly counted as one person and so not get the pain thing at all.

I think the Dalles should have a pretty good shoot at that. On a similair note, could you give me a refresher on what details we actually settles on for Redlight's powers and how much they would help in holding Quicksilver and giving the city guard some time to get into possition?

I can't remember her exact range, but the general rule of thumb is that if you're not within about a dozen yards of her, she can't freeze you. I think Quicksilver's too far away for her right now.

Tegarding Abbadon- "Showstopper cannot remove this power" isn't a thing, I think.

Hold on... was that in there? Well, just FYI, the entire point of the powersets of the 3 main lawkeepers in Salem is that they can keep even the most powerful Epics under control, when working together. No one in the city is above the law. It's one of the city's themes. Don't worry: you don't have to make your Epic invincible for them to survive in Oregon.

Hold on... was that in there? Well, just FYI, the entire point of the powersets of the 3 main lawkeepers in Salem is that they can keep even the most powerful Epics under control, when working together. No one in the city is above the law. It's one of the city's themes. Don't worry: you don't have to make your Epic invincible for them to survive in Oregon.

Reading through the profile, yeah it's in there, altough I think it was added only when he put it into EoO.

Secondary: Can go incorporeal (more of a tertiary power; Showstopper cannot remove this power.) He cannot be stabbed or shot via normal means; it will all go through him, doing no damage. Also can glide/fly using this power.

Tertiary: Cannot be harmed while asleep. In any way shay perform. If poisoned somehow, he will be unaffected while asleep, and the poison will have no effect when he wakes up.

On a side note, if incorporeal Epics require flight to avoid sinking into the earth, then what happens when Showstopper takes his flight while he's in that state. :ph34r:

The whole sleep bit seems to follow the same extra defense layer.

Well, Soulcaster and Showstopper could still keep him in check but given that he'd be rather boring in the arena, I'm not sure how much favour he'd have with the big brass.

That's what I was getting at--he's too powerful for arena fights, if a good match is what people are looking for. Watching one Epic walk in and curbstomp every opponent isn't exciting, and it would make other Epics less likely to compete.