Thanks. That clears things up a bit.

Is the background of Salem thoroughly implanted, or is there room for one more Epic guard?

I was thinking that Abaddon would, say, catch Vandal messing up the posters and... then it's up to his creator.

Edited by breakingamber

Alright, so I was just reading through the Google Spreadsheet and past posts here, and I have absolutely no effin' idea what my plan was. I'll keep working on it, but I'm not sure how far out it would be. Only thing I can think of for people can do is once they have a post up, fill in that 'square' on the spreadsheet with a color so that the next person knows to move on. 

Is the background of Salem thoroughly implanted, or is there room for one more Epic guard?

I was thinking that Abaddon would, say, catch Vandal messing up the posters and... then it's up to his creator.

Originally, there were just three Epics in the official "city guard" (it was supposed to be a very small organization, sort of a peacekeeping corps,) but people sort of keep creating Epics that are in it, so I guess now it's structured more like a volunteer sort of thing. Mouldbreaker, Antithesis, and Showstopper (as well as maybe someone who could be retconned in. Did I mention that the latter two are pick-uppable?) are the officially sanctioned lawkeepers, and then there are a series of Epics that are trusted with a certain amount of legal authority and the ability to requisition militiamen (50-ish vanillas that do most of the mundane policework in the city.) The volunteers are kept on a very tight leash.

Yeah as Mckeedee said, I was originally hoping to keep official city Epics on a rather small scale but they would recruit help from arena combatants when necessary.

That said the guard is Mckeedee's so he can basically do what he wants with it :P

Alright, so I was just reading through the Google Spreadsheet and past posts here, and I have absolutely no effin' idea what my plan was. I'll keep working on it, but I'm not sure how far out it would be. Only thing I can think of for people can do is once they have a post up, fill in that 'square' on the spreadsheet with a color so that the next person knows to move on. 

My name pops up on that spreadsheet even more times than I expected... I'll have to get caught up this week. Sorry, guys.

Something along the lines of someone who hates working with Epics, but likes to think that they'll be better for the people than another vanilla (or worse, an Epic) in the same position.

Neat. 

If you really want your character to shine, I'd suggest you create an interesting little plotline for him/her to pursue. Normally, it'd be okay to just embroil them in whatever crazy hijinks are going on around town, but this is Salem, where hijinks are few and far between, and there hasn't even really been a major struggle so far.

Neat. 

If you really want your character to shine, I'd suggest you create an interesting little plotline for him/her to pursue. Normally, it'd be okay to just embroil them in whatever crazy hijinks are going on around town, but this is Salem, where hijinks are few and far between, and there hasn't even really been a major struggle so far.

Although if anyone had any hijinks ideas I certainly wouldn't be opposed.  :ph34r:

I guess it depends how much time needs to have passed for Vandal to do what he wants. Sentry was interrupted mid-conversation by the vandalisation and that just happened, after all.

Oh there'd need to be a time skip, but if no one else needs to post anything with Salem skipping an hour or so to them meeting should be fine.

Oh Scribbler, such an innocent wish to make to Shiny Sparkle. :ph34r:

Two questions, would anyone mind Shiny having an acquaintance that just so happens to be able to hook her up with squids on short notice and would Scribbler start doing anything in the short amount of time that Shiny may be gone? (Appart from wondering the just happened.)

I'm thinking featured character and featured event, or something similar. So this months event would be the Funtimes/Nighthound/Lightwards battle and the featured character will be... kept a secret.  :ph34r:

You really like teasing us with these projects, don't you? :ph34r:

Oh Scribbler, such an innocent wish to make to Shiny Sparkle. :ph34r:

Two questions, would anyone mind Shiny having an acquaintance that just so happens to be able to hook her up with squids on short notice and would Scribbler start doing anything in the short amount of time that Shiny may be gone? (Appart from wondering the just happened.)

You really like teasing us with these projects, don't you? :ph34r:

I don't mind, Scribbler would be confused, then embarassed and awkward some more, then begin to ask Doctor Game something along the lines of 'What the hell?' :P

Full disclosure: It was mostly because I had not at the time thought of a character to feature :P (I have done so now, I'm just waiting for some replies from GMs of non-Reckoners RPs before I finish)

Given that it's a friend of Shiny... no comment. :ph34r: Although, said character probably would never again have another appearance, so it wouldn't come up in the first place.

I think Oregon's one-and-only black market squid dealer should be more than a cameo. He should be the new main character. :P

I think Oregon's one-and-only black market squid dealer should be more than a cameo. He should be the new main character. :P

...if you say so. Just be aware of the unknown terror you are unleashing. :ph34r:

On another, less happy note, Mail-mi and Mailliw have now officially left Astoria. :(

This also means we have a couple of playerless characters, if anyone is interested in taking over Dragoon, the time to speak is now.

Business, and wanting to slowly go out of the RP instead of leaving all of a sudden when I go on my mission. That's my reason, at least.

Spending all of your time writing a murder mystery is no excuse! (Though I'm not complaining, as I'm not in Astoria and I'm looking forward to the mm.)

Also, i'd be fine with someone chasing Vandal, excited even. I really want to write Vandal running away while making the Zoidberg noise.

Edited by Vikro

Lightwards and Backtrack posts up. Very minor reactions from the Unicyclist and Saccharine included for accentuation; will remove them if requested to.

Wonderful. Extra shout out to this line

This was creepy-guy-in-a-dark-alley-wanting-to-sell-you-cookies suspicious.

and bonus point for PP being Voidus' character. ;)

I also took the liberty of updating the spreadsheet. :ph34r:

Edited by Edgedancer