I vote for Princess Voidus.

I'm inclined to agree but then of course she'll be a princess to me.  :wub::P 

Woo! Congrats Voidus :D

Thanks! :D I was hoping for a girl, though obviously we were both happy whatever she was.

I got a rudimentary spreadsheet up, let me know what people think. Still working on it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LoKpFM9zXEzF6VEGClODqXGckcu2EOff4a-vmMSce_4/edit#gid=0

Wonderful work. Give me a couple minutes and I'll add a couple plot lines more. :ph34r:

So, before I put up a Candyflame post, (which unfortunately didn't happen during break) I suppose I should have a formal profile.

Name: Candyflame

Primary power: Can mentally crystallize and/or burn sugar. Must be within ten feet.

Secondary/passive power: Resistant to heat change.

Appearance: to be edited in when I am not on mobile.

Personality: Outwardly apathetic.

Very good additude. On that note, could I ask the people of us that have mod powers to make notes in the posts of the inactive players referencing the characters that have been adopted and by who?

Random side-note: I already mentioned this in Random stuff but the Reckoners RP is my second family so I thought I'd share it here too, apologies for being one of those people who overshares stuff about their children :P

Got the ultrasound yesterday and found out that Voidus Junior is a girl! Which leads to a problem of what to call them here, Lady Voidus? Princess Voidus? Mrs.Voidus Jr?

EDIT: Side, side note: New around the cosmere segment due for the RP so if anyone has any ideas or favourite posts from the last month or so let me know!

I vote for Princess Voidus, heiress of supreme insanity and herald of the pancake age. :ph34r:

Wonderful work. Give me a couple minutes and I'll add a couple plot lines more. :ph34r:

Very good additude. On that note, could I ask the people of us that have mod powers to make notes in the posts of the inactive players referencing the characters that have been adopted and by who?

I vote for Princess Voidus, heiress of supreme insanity and herald of the pancake age. :ph34r:

I'm on mob at the moment but if Twi hasn't gotten around to it by tomorrow I'm happy to.

Excellent, now we just need to reference her inheritance of the great bakeries of the DA  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I'm on mob at the moment but if Twi hasn't gotten around to it by tomorrow I'm happy to.

Excellent, now we just need to reference her inheritance of the great bakeries of the DA  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Excellent. :ph34r:

How about: Princess Voidus, heiress of supreme insanity, herald of the pancake age and revolutionizer of girlscout cookies?

And I added some plot lines. :ph34r: 

As for updates for the RP segment, the battle over the Dalles and the wholse scene around Neverthere are some events of the last month that hold some significance for their entire locations and Lightwards lowering the museum to attack Chimera is at least leading in to such events, even if they haven't happened yet.

The itnernet ate my post. Grr...

No one responded so I'll re-ask. What's the time like in Salem? I'm thinking of having Vandal run into Heartsleeve and Sentry, but I don't know if it's too soon.

I've been assuming it was mid-afternoon, though I think the Arena is closed? Which would suggest it's later than that...

So, my answer is, I have no idea. Sorry!

And Twi... if you could PM me the information, I'd appreciate it! 

Small characterisation note. Lyla's name is actually "Elizabeth Lauren Robin". She uses Lyla as an abbreviation of them -Elizabeth Lauren- because she feel's those are too stuffy, un-cool and un-epic to use as a name. 

(The 'y' replaces the 'i' that it makes the name look unusual and interesting).

There. Now my pony/Arrow knock-off has a reason for her silly name. :ph34r:

I've been assuming it was mid-afternoon, though I think the Arena is closed? Which would suggest it's later than that...

Small characterisation note. Lyla's name is actually "Elizabeth Lauren Robin". She uses Lyla as an abbreviation of them -Elizabeth Lauren- because she feel's those are too stuffy, un-cool and un-epic to use as a name.

Tell me what you need to know and I'll answer. :) I mean, I could tell you what Koschei liked to eat for lunch when he was five, but I assume you didn't need that for Lyla's backstory. :P

And she's already doing the renaming thing. :mellow: Does she have some kind of name set aside for when she does become an Epic, like Snapshot for example?

Ha! You underestimate the Deathless One's secrecy! None but the most dedicated fangirl could determine what he liked for lunch as a small boy of five!

Which is why I fully expect Lyla to know that he loved fish sticks. :ph34r:

I never would have expected such an original food. :mellow::ph34r:

EDIT: Side, side note: New around the cosmere segment due for the RP so if anyone has any ideas or favourite posts from the last month or so let me know!

Well, if you wanted to just provide some good backstory for the RP and get people interested in reading it, you could summarize the Panda invasion. Without a doubt, that is the most Oregon-y thing to take place around here so far.

Well, if you wanted to just provide some good backstory for the RP and get people interested in reading it, you could summarize the Panda invasion. Without a doubt, that is the most Oregon-y thing to take place around here so far.

Recaps are always a good option to fill space. ;) I guess apart from events we also could do character recaps, maybe even some small Q&As for those characters.

Princess Voidus, Heir to Insanity and 2nd Generation Cookie Master

Recaps are always a good option to fill space. ;) I guess apart from events we also could do character recaps, maybe even some small Q&As for those characters.

You could also list all the reasons the ATTD Epics are on there...

The Hunt, Nighthound's many atrocities, Deathwish's "flirting"...

...on second thought maybe that's not such a good idea. :wacko::P

Too bad she can't be Euphoria's biggest fan; they could be name twins (Euphoria's real name is Leila, pronounced LIE-lah, which is how I, at least, am pronouncing Lyla).  

For MBI, I've been doing a featured character, featured thread, featured group kind of thing.  Feel free to steal any of those and apply them to Reckoners.  Featured thread might not work as well since we don't have as many threads as MBI does, but you could definitely do a featured character and a featured alliance if you need something to write about.  

Too bad she can't be Euphoria's biggest fan; they could be name twins (Euphoria's real name is Leila, pronounced LIE-lah, which is how I, at least, am pronouncing Lyla).  

For MBI, I've been doing a featured character, featured thread, featured group kind of thing.  Feel free to steal any of those and apply them to Reckoners.  Featured thread might not work as well since we don't have as many threads as MBI does, but you could definitely do a featured character and a featured alliance if you need something to write about.  

I'm thinking featured character and featured event, or something similar. So this months event would be the Funtimes/Nighthound/Lightwards battle and the featured character will be... kept a secret.  :ph34r:

For Salem:

Does anyone mind if I post this Epic in the bar?

Name: Abaddon

Power: Can cause one person severe pain that can cripple or drive someone insane. Can do this extremely quickly.

Secondary power: Incorporeality. Cannot be shot or stabbed normally like some other Epics.

Tertiary power: Gliding. Like Nightwielder.

Weakness: TBRL (to be revealed later)

I've built up a bit of a fascination with this Epic, to tell the truth. 

Also, why isn't god-modding allowed? I know there are trolls and people like that, but if appropriately used, god-modding can put a story down a path, and make it even better. 

Edited by breakingamber

For Salem:

Power: Can cause one person severe pain that can cripple or drive someone insane. Can do this extremely quickly.

Secondary power: Incorporeality. Cannot be shot or stabbed normally like some other Epics.

Also, why isn't god-modding allowed? I know there are trolls and people like that, but if appropriately used, god-modding can put a story down a path, and make it even better. 

Nice powerset, typically High Epics only battle other High Epics or else have their powers reduced some way in the arena. (For example changing intangibility to be ineffective against weapons, or slowing a healing factor) Although occasionally they are matched up against regular Epics or even normal people just to make for a hugely one-sided fight.

Anyways it's fine with me.

As for god-modding it's just so that people can control their own characters story more and because everyone is going to have biases, in fights especially people are inclined to think that their character is better/more likely to win and so they might write the other character in a way that doesn't really fit or showcase their abilities properly. If someone gives you permission to write parts of a scene that's fine but no one wants control of their character taken away only to have that character do something that you really don't think they'd do.

The problem here is that different people are going to have different opinions on what makes the story better. The essence of a forum RP is that these different people with their different opinions are going to be crafting a collaborative story through the avatars of their characters. If User X decides to "better" the story by taking control of other people's characters, the story is no longer a collaborative effort. It becomes User X's story.

For Salem:

Nice powerset, typically High Epics only battle other High Epics or else have their powers reduced some way in the arena. (For example changing intangibility to be ineffective against weapons, or slowing a healing factor) Although occasionally they are matched up against regular Epics or even normal people just to make for a hugely one-sided fight.

Anyways it's fine with me.

As for god-modding it's just so that people can control their own characters story more and because everyone is going to have biases, in fights especially people are inclined to think that their character is better/more likely to win and so they might write the other character in a way that doesn't really fit or showcase their abilities properly. If someone gives you permission to write parts of a scene that's fine but no one wants control of their character taken away only to have that character do something that you really don't think they'd do.

The problem here is that different people are going to have different opinions on what makes the story better. The essence of a forum RP is that these different people with their different opinions are going to be crafting a collaborative story through the avatars of their characters. If User X decides to "better" the story by taking control of other people's characters, the story is no longer a collaborative effort. It becomes User X's story.

Like Voidus and Kobold said, the collaborative nature of this RP pretty much rules out godmodding on principle. The best way to balance players' desires to write their characters the way they've imagined them with plot advancement is to let each player write for their own characters and only their own characters. 

Plus, there's the danger of absolute power corrupting: A player who takes control of another player's character could easily make that character act wildly out of character to their own advantage (for instance, making Lightwards inexplicably take a liking to their own character; turning Nighthound into a true gentleman; making Funtimes go permanently dark and using her as a bloodthirsty war machine). I don't think anyone in this game would do that, but the potential is there. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles