We had the in-laws over on Sunday for Easterthings.  I hid eggs for the niecelings.  In addition to the three dozen chocolate-filled eggs, I hid brussels sprouts in two of them.  Because I'm that aunt.

The joke was on me.

Older Niece ascertained that the prize was, indeed, a brussels sprout and then proceeded to start happily munching away on it.  Yes, she's seven years old.  Yes, it was raw.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised; this is the same kid who asked for a can of cranberry sauce a couple of Christmases ago and was excited when she got it. 

Younger Niece (who is five) just shot me a look that clearly said, "I am unimpressed by your shenanigans" and calmly handed hers to me without a word.

I just read a most wonderful book review. Here's my favorite Snippet:

Myke’s debut novel, Control Point was described by Peter Brett as “Blackhawk Down meets The X-Men.” The best mash-up logic I can come up with for Javelin Rain is “Steven King and Brandon Sanderson perform necromancy on Tom Clancy.”

Edited by The Only Joe

Ladies and gentlemen! I present you, the cover for polish version of Emperor's Soul!

12321189_1228796793797478_84854300209475

You can start being envy in 3.. 2.. 1.. now :P

For Almighty's sake, I wanted to post it! It's pure upvote magnes!

BTW, I asked my friend who watches Adventure Time whether he watches Gravity Falls. He said no.

Today I log into my Facebook to see that:

He, 10 am : I am watching Gravity Falls too, because you said you do. And I remembered it's awesome cause I've seen it in TV :D

He, 6 pm: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!

Me: Let me guess. You didn't go to your classes, stayed home and watched as much as you could?

He: I didn't have classes today.

He: But the rest is true.

Now I'm on episode 7 and he's on 15 :|

Edit: I'm sad that I can't properly get a chance at cracking Gravity Falls mysteries... It would be like trying to theorize who the Hero Of Ages is when everybody else has already read up to Alloy Of Law.

If I try snuffing around on the internet, I'm gonna end up reading spoilers. I'd hate that... but at the same time, in the freeze-frame bonus in the intro I saw stormrusting geometric transformation matrices. Well played... well played. Maybe I should just watch it all? But then everything will be explained in the show! Rust and Ruin!

Edit2: This is my 1000th post (rep: 450, King's Tester)! Celebrate! 1000 posts in 4,5 months... nice :D

Edited by Oversleep

Bruce Wayne Batpug and I have an unshakable friendship which will last a lifetime now. I fed him ice cream and fries. I am confident his loyalty is mine. :P

Told Nessie you said hi, by the way. He said hi back before re-submerging. :ph34r:

That's awesome! :D

That makes another one of us.

One day I'll meet the folks here in person...

Until then, I'll be happy with the Sharders I have met.

Hey! We live like less than a mile apart. :P Not that we've ever seen each other around town.

That's what I've heard, and since this was season….20 something at the least, I got the impression I was watching the vaguely amusing stylings of a zombie comedian.

It is kinda hard to pinpoint what was lost. I think the key difference is that it lost a sort of whimsical manner and became merely silly.

There's also the matter of the characters becoming parodies of themselves, an increased focus on more contemporary pop culture, and the murder of Phil Hartman...but I think all those issues would be surmountable if they kept a healthy dose of whimsy.

For those of you who don't know, Vin and Elend are in a "Cage Match," where they fight other characters from popular books. They are currently in the semi-finals, buy their lead is falling fast. It would be awesome if we could help get them to the finals. If you haven't already, go and vote for them! Here is the link to where you can go vote: http://suvudu.com/2016/03/cage-match-2016-round-4-legolas-and-gimli-vs-vin-and-elend-venture.html 

Let's get them to the finals  :lol:

Voting closes at 11:59 a.m tomorrow. 

Edited by Patar

For those of you who don't know, Vin and Elend are in a "Cage Match," where they fight other characters from popular books. They are currently in the semi-finals, buy their lead is falling fast. It would be awesome if we could help get them to the finals. If you haven't already, go and vote for them! Here is the link to where you can go vote: http://suvudu.com/2016/03/cage-match-2016-round-4-legolas-and-gimli-vs-vin-and-elend-venture.html 

Let's get them to the finals  :lol:

Voting closes at 11:59 a.m tomorrow. 

Legolas and Gimli? Really? An archer and an axeman.. against Allomancers?

It is kinda hard to pinpoint what was lost. I think the key difference is that it lost a sort of whimsical manner and became merely silly.

There's also the matter of the characters becoming parodies of themselves, an increased focus on more contemporary pop culture, and the murder of Phil Hartman...but I think all those issues would be surmountable if they kept a healthy dose of whimsy.

The episode I saw wasn't whimsical, just very cynical. 

Though I've decided I like Futurama. :ph34r: 

When i voted on Monday Elend and Vin had 75% of the votes. What's it at now?

Right now it's at 53% Vin and Elend, 47% Legolas and Gimli.

It also looks like the link isn't going directly to the fight, but it is easy to find on the site.

Hey! We live like less than a mile apart. :P Not that we've ever seen each other around town.

True. Is it sad that we live that close, but the only time we see each other is at Brandon's signings?