Thanks! :D

I've signed the lease and gotten the keys. Now I'm sitting on my cooler, finishing off the ham sandwich I made in my oven, waiting for the moving guys to drop off my stuff and hoping and praying the sofa my parents gave me fits through the door.

But, all that can be dealt with when the time comes. For now, I have my own apartment!

Thanks! :D

I've signed the lease and gotten the keys. Now I'm sitting on my cooler, finishing off the ham sandwich I made in my oven, waiting for the moving guys to drop off my stuff and hoping and praying the sofa my parents gave me fits through the door.

But, all that can be dealt with when the time comes. For now, I have my own apartment!

Awesome. :D

How's Bruce settling in?

Don't worry; moving guys are familiar with how to Tetris complicated furniture in through small doors.  :)

And Bruce will settle in once all your stuff is in place.  Familiar things that smell like home will tell him that this is home now.

Don't worry; moving guys are familiar with how to Tetris complicated furniture in through small doors. :)

And Bruce will settle in once all your stuff is in place. Familiar things that smell like home will tell him that this is home now.

He calmed down some when I put away the clothes I'd brought in the car, so I think the furniture will help even more.

Really hoping the moving and Internet guys get here soon, though. :wacko:

Don't worry; moving guys are familiar with how to Tetris complicated furniture in through small doors.  :)

I do free moving work for the people at our church, often alongside paid laborers. I can confirm that the professionals at least know what they're doing. :P

When there's some donate-blood-action and inevitably someone asks me if I'll donate... I always keep a super-serious face, look in the distance just a little behind the person asking and answer "I can't. My blood is contaminated."

The truth is, I'm currently taking anti-allergy shots and I can't donate blood XD But the jokes... I could never let down a good opportunity to joke :D

Edited by Oversleep

I wanted to donate blood in high school. They said I was too skinny.

Eight years later and I'm still too skinny. :mellow:

Heh.  I used to donate blood, but for me it's my veins that are too skinny.  The needle that they use is actually bigger than the vein they're trying to stick it into.  This is obviously problems.

After the last time where I wound up with yet another blown out vein and only managed to get half a pint out before it all got hopelessly clogged, I have given up trying.

Is 120 lbs considered too skinny?

I think that might be the bare minimum, or at least close.  They also won't let you donate if your iron levels are too low.

When there's some donate-blood-action and inevitably someone asks me if I'll donate... I always keep a super-serious face, look in the distance just a little behind the person asking and answer "I can't. My blood is contaminated."

The truth is, I'm taking anti-allergy shots and I can't donate blood XD But the jokes... I could never let down a good opportunity to joke :D

Likewise I need to take way too many medications to give blood and probably will need to for the rest of my life. :(

Mrs. Voidus donates though, she's O neg too so very helpful.

Do you get free chocolate after donating blood in USA? We do in Poland ^^

Usually you get cookies which may or may not contain chocolate.  They are guaranteed, at least, to be 100% free of Hemalurgical spikes.

It's something about raising sugar levels or just replenishing energy... or something.

Why would you even think about Hemalurgical spikes in cookies if a moment earlier you voluntarily let yourself be spiked? :huh: What did you think those so-called "blood donations" really are? It's obvious that they're secretly spiking us. Wake up, sheeple!

Usually you get cookies which may or may not contain chocolate.  They are guaranteed, at least, to be 100% free of Hemalurgical spikes.

Or at least, that's what they tell everyone.  :ph34r: 

*Insert evil laugh*