The Official Thread of Relationships

7 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Heh. Deck, in this case, refers to the wooden raised structure in our backyard. Kind of like a front porch, but on the back of the house and bigger, sort of an outdoor entertaining space with no roof.

So, is this the same thing as terrace?

50 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Not quite. A terrace is usually not attached to the ground floor. Decks are only ever attached to the ground floor. Functionally, they are the same, but their placement is different. 

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

See, I think of a terrace as being a leveled piece of ground built into a hill.

50 minutes ago, Left said:

Not quite. A terrace is usually not attached to the ground floor. Decks are only ever attached to the ground floor. Functionally, they are the same, but their placement is different. 

More or less, though my house is a bit odd. The ground floor in the front is a story up in the back because our yard slopes. We have a walk-out basement. So our deck is accessed from the kitchen, but raised up above the backyard.

The thing that you're referring to as a terrace is clicking in my brain as a balcony.

@Chaos @Rubix @PeterAhlstrom

Could you please let Brandon know he's invited to our wedding in Israel on the 10th of September? On the tiny chance he'll be done with Oathbringer and  he can come? Will send and or post a proper invitation when they're done. Or, maybe, if he can't come, if he could maybe write something to us/to read at the wedding? Thanks so much!

And general reminder all Sharders are invited. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 6:59 PM, Shqueeves said:

I was thinking about irl friends, and I realized that the last time I hung out with friends was at least a year ago

Oh...I'm sorry to hear that, I suppose? It's good to have real life friends, even if you only see them at school like I do.

On 10 July 2017 at 7:59 PM, Shqueeves said:

I was thinking about irl friends, and I realized that the last time I hung out with friends was at least a year ago

Real life friends are important. They can help with things and do things that internet people can't. 

• 1 month later...

I......I did a good. 

I was at a friends weddingn and a male guest was creeping on my friend and then messaging her to make her feel guilty about not being interested and doubt herself about the whole situation. And I helped her be aggressive and tell him to bugger off despite his refusal to take no for an answer. I introduced her to the term gaslighting and she thanked me for letting her know she's not crazy.

Subtly abusive people are scary yo. 

Do I get get a Good Feminist badge now? 

*feeling small and warm and hugs*. 

Edited by Delightful

8 hours ago, Delightful said:

I......I did a good. 

I was at a friends weddingn and a male guest was creeping on my friend and then messaging her to make her feel guilty about not being interested and doubt herself about the whole situation. And I helped her be aggressive and tell him to bugger off despite his refusal to take no for an answer. I introduced her to the term gaslighting and she thanked me for letting her know she's not crazy.

Subtly abusive people are scary yo. 

Do I get get a Good Feminist badge now? 

*feeling small and warm and hugs*. 

Well I don't have a good feminist badge on me (does anyone?) But I do have this

Related image

Seriously tho, well done, *small warm hug

• 3 weeks later...