Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

2 minutes ago, MonsterMetroid said:

Do you work for the SCP Foundation?!

On a more serious note sorry to hear that! buerocracy and red tape is my least favorite part of all my jobs I have ever had, so I can definitely relate to most of what you are talking about.

Maybe. :ph34r: It's either that, or I work a remarkably mundane job at a giant corporation. Guess which.

(One of my amusements is when I manage to couch a Redacted, Inc post in such utter cavorting crazy that even @ThirdGen, who is my coworker, can't figure out what I'm actually talking about.)

Eh, it happens. Today is better, but it's days like yesterday that I start having a really hard time telling the difference between company politics and junior high.

3 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Maybe. :ph34r: It's either that, or I work a remarkably mundane job at a giant corporation. Guess which.

(One of my amusements is when I manage to couch a Redacted, Inc post in such utter cavorting crazy that even @ThirdGen, who is my coworker, can't figure out what I'm actually talking about.)

Eh, it happens. Today is better, but it's days like yesterday that I start having a really hard time telling the difference between company politics and junior high.

There's a difference?

You know what I hate? Driving. You know what I hate even more? Driving when I have no idea where I am going. The situation is stupid, but essentially we had to drive blind and I'm terrible at that. This is exactly why I hate driving. And why I hate how my phone turns off at 8:45. Screw that. 

5 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

There's a difference?

You would think so. You'd really storming think so.

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

You know what I hate? Driving. You know what I hate even more? Driving when I have no idea where I am going. The situation is stupid, but essentially we had to drive blind and I'm terrible at that. This is exactly why I hate driving. And why I hate how my phone turns off at 8:45. Screw that. 

Dang. That's downright dangerous; what if you were in a situation where you needed to call for help? What if you were using your phone's GPS system to navigate through someplace you're not familiar with? There's parental control, and then there's arbitrarily cutting your teen off from the outside world at a preordained time.

When the anxiety attacks, you thought you were over with, start hitting you again. For a few days now. Last night, I barely slept. Maybe an hour.

Got a sick note for a week. Hopefully that helps a bit.

11 hours ago, Del-light-full said:

A friend was being condescending and dismissive and I got mad at her and now I feel bad. 

*hugs* I hope you won't have problems with reconcilement!

10 hours ago, mattig89ch said:

I am sick.  woke up sick,,a dn I dont feel better at the end of my day.

Get some rest, drink tea with honey and if things don't get better go to the doctor! Good luck with getting healthier.

39 minutes ago, SLNC said:

When the anxiety attacks, you thought you were over with, start hitting you again. For a few days now. Last night, I barely slept. Maybe an hour.

Got a sick note for a week. Hopefully that helps a bit.

I never had problems with anxiety, but I guess that's very unpleasant and sounds exhausting. Maybe try relaxing with some relaxing music? 

6 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

What do you mean you had to drive but didn't know where? What's the point of driving then?

The amount of control your parents enforce over you is disturbing :unsure: How are you supposed to learn how to manage your time and be responsible when they don't let you make any mistakes etc?

1 hour ago, Mestiv said:

The amount of control your parents enforce over you is disturbing :unsure: How are you supposed to learn how to manage your time and be responsible when they don't let you make any mistakes etc?

Tell me about t, at least my parents are upfront about t and say that they just want me to do what 'm told and that's t.

My eye key sn't workng.

3 hours ago, Mestiv said:

What do you mean you had to drive but didn't know where? What's the point of driving then?

We went to a banquet, the way there I had GPS. Frankly, no argument convinces them They are wrong in restricting my life, I've tried them all. Part of why I cannot wait to go to college. 

On 1/10/2018 at 6:24 AM, Steeldancer said:

We went to a banquet, the way there I had GPS. Frankly, no argument convinces them They are wrong in restricting my life, I've tried them all. Part of why I cannot wait to go to college. 

I'm with @Mestiv on this one... I cringe every time I read about what a short leash you are on. The limiting of electronics is puzzling to me. They may as well put a ban on dancing while they are at at. Your troubles smell to me of an over religious household... 

31 minutes ago, AngelEy3 said:

I'm with @Mestiv on this one... I cringe every time I read about what a short leash you are on. The limiting of electronics is puzzling to me. They may as well put a ban on dancing while they are at at. Your troubles smell to me of an over religious household... 

It's not a religious thing, although we are religious. They feel we will waste all our time on electronics, which isn't wrong. They're big fans of the "two hours a day" thing. 

4 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

It's not a religious thing, although we are religious. They feel we will waste all our time on electronics, which isn't wrong. They're big fans of the "two hours a day" thing. 

And how do THEY spend their time? Do they limit heir computer/phone usage to give good example?

1 minute ago, Mestiv said:

And how do THEY spend their time? Do they limit heir computer/phone usage to give good example?

No, but they excuse it because they're doing work stuff. That's one of the arguments I use, and they always just say "We're the parents. Just obey us." And there's not really anything I can do but use my VPN to get around the restrictions. 

16 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

@Steeldancer It always makes me happy when children with superior tech-knowledge use it to overcome limitations set by their parents :P 

Maybe you can cheat your phone and make it work after certain hour by simply changing the clock on it?

That only works when my mom shuts down my entire phone, through Verizon, because everything else is based on external internet clocks. I've tried everything, it took a bunch of trial and error, but I have a system. So I get by. 

Another issue I have is my dad doesn't let me use my laptop in my room. I think he does it because he thinks I'll be unproductive and maybe look at bad things, and yes I'll be unproductive, but honestly, what am I going to get up to on my laptop that I can't do on my phone? Not only that, but my laptop is way better for my homework, and I like working on my bed. And my mom doesn't care. It's just dad.

In other words, I can't wait to get out of my house in 6 months or so. I don't plan on going full on extreme partying, but it'll be nice not to worry about limits anymore. 

On 1/10/2018 at 7:24 AM, Steeldancer said:

Can I ask how old you are?  And where you live?

1 hour ago, MonsterMetroid said:

I just spent and hour and a half compiling a post about a theory on reddit only to get downvoted to Braize. :(

Thats really cool! Do you go to the sacred grove a lot?

Probably not as much as I should. I am going to be in Pageant this year, though!