Random Stuff VI The Return of the Admins

Zathoth

I like the new avatar, Honor. :)

New Year's Eve completely threw my sleep schedule. I don't even know how I'm going to go to bed at a normal time tonight.

That really is one thing you have to look forward to when it comes to adulthood. When I was a teen, NYE meant I'd have to sleep until 10 am the next day or be a tired wreck, but now? I didn't get to sleep until after 1 last night, I woke up at 7:45, and I've just been a bit groggy as the night has worn on.

That really is one thing you have to look forward to when it comes to adulthood. When I was a teen, NYE meant I'd have to sleep until 10 am the next day or be a tired wreck, but now? I didn't get to sleep until after 1 last night, I woke up at 7:45, and I've just been a bit groggy as the night has worn on.

I slept in 'til 12 today. :wacko: Please tell me you're saying insomnia goes away when you hit adulthood... 

I like the new avatar, Honor. :)

New Year's Eve completely threw my  sleep schedule. I don't even know how I'm going to go to bed at a normal time tonight.

Thanks!  ^_^

It actually didn't change mine too much, because I always fall asleep at 1am anyway . . . I really should change that, I have towake up at 5 for early morning seminary.  :unsure:

I think 3 syllable names are too long without nicknames, so yes, four syllable names are too long. 

My first name is 3 syllables long.  All the nicknames are terrible.  There are no permissible nicknames.

I just became convinced that Newt Scamander never visited Arizona. Otherwise, we'd see chupacabras listed with a 4- or 5-star danger rating, and skinwalkers listed with ten danger stars, a handwritten warning, and a terrified emoji. :P

Just imagine what he'd do with a jackalope.

(Fun fact:  in helping me come up with entertaining fauna for my fantasy series idea, my friends have made me promise to include giant war jackalopes.)

I slept in 'til 12 today. :wacko: Please tell me you're saying insomnia goes away when you hit adulthood...

Pretty much, yeah. If you have to get up multiple times during the night, you'll be a cranky mess the next morning, but I don't think I've ever experienced insomnia since hitting adulthood. It's really nice.

Kaymyth, your friends are awesome. :lol:

My first name is 3 syllables long.  All the nicknames are terrible.  There are no permissible nicknames.

Just imagine what he'd do with a jackalope.

(Fun fact:  in helping me come up with entertaining fauna for my fantasy series idea, my friends have made me promise to include giant war jackalopes.)

Mare, if you were coolcreepy, but you are not coolcreepy, just cool.

I hope I am remembering this correctly...

My common nickname translates to math, I am horrible at math, not acceptable. I guess that is sort of telling you my name, but oh well...

Edited by Morzathoth

Pretty much, yeah. If you have to get up multiple times during the night, you'll be a cranky mess the next morning, but I don't think I've ever experienced insomnia since hitting adulthood. It's really nice.

Kaymyth, your friends are awesome. :lol:

They really are.  You've gotta appreciate having people in your life who demand reading about someone riding a jackalope into a battle with a ballista attached to its antlers.

Mare, if you were coolcreepy, but you are not coolcreepy, just cool.

I hope I am remembering this correctly...

My common nickname translates to math, I am horrible at math, not acceptable. I guess that is sort of telling you my name, but oh well...

I'm not sure how I'd feel about being called by Kelsier's wife's name.  :mellow:

(And yeah, my name is Rosemary.  I have issues with nicknames out of it, mostly due to childhood teasing trauma.  I have, however, been known to respond to someone randomly calling me "Red" and at conventions will definitely respond to the name of whatever character I happen to be cosplaying at the time.)

I try to develop all my characters to the point where they sort of take up residence in my head. This can lead to problems.

Sometimes I can't get the characters in my head to pipe down.

Aura's constantly doing experiments in her lab (and I don't know where she found matches, because I definitely didn't give her any- she set fire to her own roof once); the princess assassins (the name is only slightly misleading) are always doing sleepovers where they watch either rom-coms or stuff like Lord of the Rings; Someday (can anyone come up with a suitable nickname for him? he hates his name with a passion and yells at me whenever I refer to him by it) is always running around bothering people and aggrivating Aura, who will chase him around with equipment she can whack him with; Cela's baking or reading or jogging or something (she's usually calmer than the rest); Blaze mostly tries to figure out his life, chats, or works out as well as he can with one leg; Ali runs around corners doing fancy gymnastic stuff and smirking- my brain is too crowded.

They really are.  You've gotta appreciate having people in your life who demand reading about someone riding a jackalope into a battle with a ballista attached to its antlers.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about being called by Kelsier's wife's name.  :mellow:

(And yeah, my name is Rosemary.  I have issues with nicknames out of it, mostly due to childhood teasing trauma.  I have, however, been known to respond to someone randomly calling me "Red" and at conventions will definitely respond to the name of whatever character I happen to be cosplaying at the time.)

You see I always thought that was an odd name for his wife :mellow:

Red works, there is some logic in it. I never felt very connected to either of my names and i find it kind of ridiculous that we would have the same name to everyone. You know me as Morzathoth, another site as Metal Heart, just like how things have different names in different languages.

Ah, rants.

I try to develop all my characters to the point where they sort of take up residence in my head. This can lead to problems.

Aura's constantly doing experiments in her lab (and I don't know where she found matches, because I definitely didn't give her any- she set fire to her own roof once); the princess assassins (the name is only slightly misleading) are always doing sleepovers where they watch either rom-coms or stuff like Lord of the Rings; Someday (can anyone come up with a suitable nickname for him? he hates his name with a passion and yells at me whenever I refer to him by it) is always running around bothering people and aggrivating Aura, who will chase him around with equipment she can whack him with; Cela's baking or reading or jogging or something (she's usually calmer than the rest); Blaze mostly tries to figure out his life, chats, or works out as well as he can with one leg; Ali runs around corners doing fancy gymnastic stuff and smirking- my brain is too crowded.

You should write them, that may get them to quiet down. If not you at least wrote something.

I will nail this interview.

I will nail this interview and I will get out of here. <_<

You will nail this interview, you will nail this interview so hard the nail will make the one who pulls it out the king of england.

And here I am with knowing exactly how my characters look and a few minor quirks of their's, but no idea what their personalities are like, how to make them interesting, or what kind of story they'll be in, in the first place. <_<

And here I am with knowing exactly how my characters look and a few minor quirks of their's, but no idea what their personalities are like, how to make them interesting, or what kind of story they'll be in, in the first place. <_<

And I still can't quite nail down the plot of my main project. Or magic system, which I will be attempting to retool.

I have no idea how the plot or magic will work, yet I can tell you the climate and fauna for each region in the setting. <_< I do interesting things when avoiding facing writer's block.

But the climate is very similar to that of Ireland and the American northwest.

*slaps Mistrunner encouragingly*

Get out there and work on the magic system. If that doesn't work, work on the plot. If that doesn't work, listen to Writing Excuses, starting with number one, and follow what they say. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to say.

Well,my kindle is possessed by a svrakiss that randomly changes the battery percentage display from the actual charge to somewhere around sixty-five thousand to zero. I'm not quite sure if this is amusing or not.

And someone opened the blind that I can't close again, because despite the fact that I prefer darkness, the light that won't let me sleep is good for me. Bah.

Edited by Mashadar Mistborn

*slaps Mistrunner encouragingly*

Get out there and work on the magic system. If that doesn't work, work on the plot. If that doesn't work, listen to Writing Excuses, starting with number one, and follow what they say. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to say.

*sits down*

*bares teeth and aggressively grabs a piece of scratch paper*

*grabs pencil*

*cracks knuckles*

Let's do this thing!

I was thinking about Patronuses. You know how they always represent something about the person's personality, or something that's important to them? Well, I wondered, what if someone were like a plant, wilting from a lack of water? That might be a cool metaphor....

And then I realized they would be a wizard throwing a potted plant at the dementors. :mellow: