Flaunt Your Avatars/Signatures

Kestrel

Another stolen right from the WQ community. Love me.

Anyway, this is the place to show off your avatars/signatures. Tell us a little about them, why you have them, why you like them, etc.

Right now I have a christmas icon/cell coloring test. It worked out nicely, but I didn't shade because of laziness. Its Resool, my wolf character. He's angry.

My signature is a lovely pixel made by Sato Crow on Flight Rising! His pixels are great and we did a trade. I love my saltyist of dragons.

My original profile pic was a quill, ink and a piece of paper, but after my stint as an Ookla, I changed to this one. I thought my old one was too similar to Slowswift's so I went hunting for a new one. I think I prefer this one anyway, though, so no harm done.

My signature... Pretty mediocre, really. I'll considering making a Diaemus banner to make it more interesting, but I haven't found the time. Meanwhile, I'll probably find a quote or something to act in it's place.

MIne's a thing I drew, in a (very) rare bout of artistic genius. Still haven't figured out if I'm gonna keep it forever or what. (Oh, and I think yours was first, Young Bard. ;) )

Signature's simple. Similar to my old one, I figured I'd ask for a favorite quote of mine with a theme of my favorite Radiant order. And boy, did Infinite Citadel deliver! :D

Again, still working on finalizing all of this, though. So it all may be different next year. We'll see.

(And my member title: Slow + Swift. I know, clever, right? :P )

My profile is of one of my characters in an as-of-yet untitled (well, under a working title, but one that's a bit misleading) novely thing. Her name is Aura. She is grouchy. A lot. Cela, another character, thought her clothes were too boring and made her a sweater and scarf and basically shoved them over Aura's head. Aura is unsure of how to react, as they are really very comfy but she doesn't want to admit it.

I may have to write an outside-of-canon Christmas special on this. :P

My avatar is an image I made ages ago when I was more fascinated by Japanese than I am now (though I still enjoy it).  I basically took some images of flames and "sculpted" them in Photoshop to resemble Ka, the Japanese character that means fire.  I created it to make a sticker I ordered to cover the back of my iPod touch (which I still have, though I rarely use it), but found it recently and decided to use it as my avatar as well.

My signature IIRC contains very little nothing right now.

jW

(This ad-hoc signature I add is a holdover from one of my earliest forums I participated in, and I've just gotten in the habit of signing jW that way.  I think I was trying to come up with a digital set of initials that recollected J.R.R. Tolkien's awesome monogram.)

Edited by Jondesu

I wanted something simple and geometric for my profile pic. So I fumbled around with different Rithmatic Lines, but settled on an Aon from Awesomeness Summoned (seriously good stuff here). I have toyed with the idea of changing to Pattern (Cryptics!), but Aon Sao has been my profile pic for more than a year now, so I don't want to confuse myself by changing it. 

The sig is fairly simple for now. I like the way that it lets people know about white text and conveys one of my favorite things about Brandon's books. 

My picture is currently a Holiday!Chibi!Syl. I have a better just Chibi!Syl, that I'm waiting to use after December.

If you guys haven't been able to tell by now, I like to use pictures of Sylphrena, as a way to keep with my username. ;)

My signature has stayed pretty much the same since I first got it. Sit down, and I will tell you the wondrous tale, hidden inside this spoiler tag.

I was a bright wide eyed thing, new to the forum and noticed that everyone else had a signature. I wanted to fit in with the cool kids here, so I decided that I, too, would make myself a signature to call my own. I thought about it for a while, and decided to just copy how everyone else did their's. My favorite sig I ever saw was the one that said, "This signature has better things to do than be read by you." But, I didn't want to be accused of plagiarism, (Who? Me? No, I came up with this idea completely on my own, why do you ask?)

Drawing from all my sources of knowledge at the time, I decided my sig must have some quotes, or something about myself or any oaths to guilds I would join. I couldn't decide which one, therefore I went with all of the above and ended up with the general overkill of a signature I have now.

The end.

Edited by Ookla the Articulate

My avatar is me. Profile pictures are supposed to represent us and what's going to represent me better than myself? :P Also, I'm not scared of showing my face on the internet and I didn't feel like looking for a cool image to use when creating my profile. The picture was taken in 2014 during holidays while hiking in the mountains. It's a bit too dark, but I like it :) 

And I don't have a signature, because I don't need one for now  :ph34r:

I recently switched over to my pony self!  Note the musical cutie mark - I play lots of instruments.

My former avatar was ponified Eva, the main character from the fanfic novel that's in beta reading right now.  I'll probably switch back over to Eva while I'm putting up the chapters, and then bounce back afterwards.

I don't have a signature yet.  I should probably get on that one of these days.

Three of my favorite characters from Kingdom Hearts. So sad what happened to them. This is like the second or third time I've changed my avatar in the past few weeks, so I'm not sure how long I'll keep it, I might go back to Johan Liebert soon.

My current sig is a couple lines from Abigail's Song from the Christmas Carol Doctor Who episode. I just really like the song. :)

Just rewatched that episode a few nights ago. It's one of the best Christmas specials in the show's history. If not the best. :D

I also have a holiday sig. It was either this or the last line of my "Dear S.C." story, but I thought this was a little friendlier. :ph34r:

My picture is of the Epic Stormgate, which I created (the Epic, not the picture) the picture by fellow Sharder Enna. My signature started with the Dr. Who quote, one that I don't think many people catch when watching the show, but I enjoy it. Then come my Oaths to the Theoryweavers of two groups of Knight, because I am a Theoryweaver through and through. The only reason I'm here is that I am bored waiting for people to give more input on existing theories or respond to my posts.

• 2 weeks later...