Long Game 14: To Shatter a Shard

Maill, you don't have to give us permission to lynch you. :P

This is a public service announcement. Never let someone peer pressure you into eating half of a Carolina Reaper pepper (look it up) plain. Never. Even if it's to prove that you're a "manly man." DON'T DO IT!!!! I wish I could describe the agony to you. You know that feeling where you put something way too hot (stove hot, not spicy hot) into your mouth, and you play hot potato with your teeth and your gums to keep it from settling in one place too long? Then you swallow it finally and it burns all the way down? Your whole body tenses up? Yeah, that's the Carolina Reaper, except that feeling is all over your mouth and throat for eight plus minutes. Water only spreads the oil around. Your extremities start to feel like they are vibrating. Your nose runs. Uncontrollable hiccups. ALL IS FIR--I mean, I am a Stick! Just...don't do it.

Well, I realize that, but the assumption of your post is that we gain some information about you from the lynch of Alvom that will affect whether or not we decide to lynch you.

Every single statement in that post could have been said by an Eliminator. Or by a villager. That's the problem with analyzing ppsts like that. With many different types of statements, one can analyze what the motivation behind the statements is. Unfortunately, when it pertains to someone's death (especially one's own death), certain statements can be made that have the exact same motivation and intended reading, regardless of alignment.

So it would be normal for a villager to say something like what you said. Perfectly normal. People say stuff like that all the time. Eliminators can say the same things, because it is perfectly safe. A natural reaction to being on the chopping block. One simply cannot read anything out of your post, which is why I made the sarcastic comment I did.

Any statement can be made by anyone. I must not be understanding your point, because I can, and I have(jokingly), claim to be Odium or I could claim Endowment. So could any OC or other villager. Analyzing posts to see if something could've been said by an Eliminator doesn't make sense to me. Sorry if I totally misunderstood your post, but I guess that's just not how I play these games.

Well, I won't try to argue against my death, because of both how poor the logic is against me and how it may benefit the greater good. I am a Lifeless Operator but will not attempt to save myself with it. I figure it'll be better off protecting someone far more important than me. I hope my death is not in vain and some good can come of it. Good luck, fellow villagers  :D

Edited by Alvom Halbin

Lifeless don't protect from the lynch anyways, Vom... 

Edit: I have become more and more doubtful of this lynch by now, but at this point it's too late and I'm the only other candidate, so I have to leave my vote as is. Sorry.

Edited by Mailliw73

Is that confirmed, Joe?

EDIT FOR QUOTE FROM RULES:

LIFELESS OPERATOR: You have one lifeless. You can send this lifeless to protect anyone you want, at any time you want. It’s default state is protecting you. If your target is attacked, the lifeless dies instead.

Edited by Alvom Halbin

Night Three: Neither Strife Nor Hatred Control You.

Alvom Halbin unlocked the door leading down to the basement, and let it’s weight swing it open. The sunlight illuminated the room, revealing the grey corpse standing at attention, waiting as always, for it’s orders.

It was time to give it some. He cleared his throat and spoke as clearly as possible. “Neither Strife Nor Hatred Control you.” The command given, the Lifeless broke its pose and approached the doorway, stopping before him.

“Obey no other order save the two I shall tell you now; Slay the one who attempts to give you a new command. And Defend the one I say, no matter the cost. Neither Strife Nor Hatred Control you.” He leaned in and whispered a name in its ear. It unsheathed its sword and prowled out of the room. He watched it leave the house, eventually disappearing down the street. Hopefully it would do more than he had been able to.

That done, he set about writing down everything he knew, leaving them where the few he trusted would find them. He knew he didn’t have much time before the Seventeenth Shard came for him. Despite all he had done, they didn’t believe him. Hopefully his death would let them see reason.

His messages finished and stashed, he sat down and waited. He didn’t have to wait long.

The door shattered under the foot of the Farmer. Maw was brandishing a burned Stick at him as he entered. “Alvom Halbin! I hereby charge you with Murder, Sabotage, conspiracy and Littering! The only sentence is death! to be carried out immediately!”

Alvom felt one of his eyebrows raise. “Litterling?”

“Well sure! Look at all these chunks of wood you left lying around! Who’s gonna pick them up huh?”

Alvom decided not to dignify that with a response.

“Well then, what do you say to that?” The farmer leaned it, poking him in the chest with the burned Stick.

“I say, Neither Strife Nor Hatred Control You. Defend me.”

Maw frowned at him in puzzlement, then yelped as a gray hand grabbed him by the shoulder and roughly tossed him aside. Alvom gazed upward at the Lifeless, then nodded and closed his eyes.

SOmething hit his neck, and Death came quickly.

Votes:

Clanky(1): Quiver

Mailliw(2): IrulelikeSTINK, Antillar Maximus

Alvom(3): Mailliw73, Kipper, Dowanx

Alvom was a Lifeless Operator!

So that looks to be the second time now Maill has led a vote on lynching an inno, and his reason last time was to stop communications and now he has killed a lifeless operator, because a few people thought that Alvom was evil, implying that more than those who voted for Alvom thought he was evil, which is really bad as they didn't vote for him. 

Tomorrow, I know that my vote will go straight to Maill, and the day after that, Kipper.

Let me clarify something here. I did not really think that Alvom was evil. I think that Paranoid King is evil, for one. When I placed my vote on him, Wilson basically said, "lynch Alvom instead." Like a good little boy, I followed orders. The reason I didn't respond to Alvom is because I had no response for his arguments.

I agree, though, that Mailliw is an excellent target for the morrow.

I understand the vote on me. I haven't really done much real analysis in this game and most of my posts have been filler.

Right now my thoughts are that a WGG like some think Kipper may have done is more likely since his extra life only lasted for one cycle.

Also if mailliw is an oc then he is playing a very risky game that I am not sure he could expect to survive doing it for long.

Speaking of mailliw how did he end up getting pms back?

Speaking of mailliw how did he end up getting pms back?

I didn't even know he had them back, so presumably he's managed to convice Cult that he is a good person.

.....Cultivation is a flake, clearly.

Honestly, I needed to ask Maill something, and while I'm still uncertain about his alignment I suspect he's good, especially since he will die tomorrow if he just lied to me about something. And I've told multiple people what he said so if.....something....happens at the rollover, Maill is a dead man, even if I'm not alive to make sure that happens.

So do you want him alive or dead? Or is this going to be another thing like with Alvom where we have people telling other people what to do, even though earlier people were stating that there wasn't a coalition, which might be right if everyone is just following 1 persons orders.

Like Kipper, my vote on Vom was a request of another through a PM. They made a reasonably good case as to Vom's guilt and I believed it. Unfortunately, this person didn't actually vote for Vom, but they did have a reasonable case.

Stink, you want to lead lynches? It isn't the glamourous job it looks to be. I'll gladly follow your lead if you want. But when just about no one has voted almost 24 hours in, I'm going to make something happen. Regretfully, that often happens to be innocents dying.