What are you playing right now?

From what I've heard, what happens when you mix BotW, gacha mechanics, and a bunch of action combat playstyles. 

I've heard really good things about it, like the exploration is really good and that the gacha elements are non-intrusive, which is great considering it's free. 

Persona 5 Update: 

I snuck in a few hours this evening to play. 

It's time for the past to catch up with the present, and the Boss will be taken down next!

I chose Hifumi! This was mostly because I started the Rank 9 link before I was able to save, so I was sort of pressured into a choice...not that I regret it. Now comes the question of romancing Makoto as well, or saving her for a separate playthrough. I'll most likely save Makoto for a separate playthrough, since I usually like to have her romanced by this point in the game. 

My hopes of maxing out all of those social links before this boss fight was hilariously optimistic and clearly didn't happen. I was able to max out my Kindness and Proficiency, so there's something, but it wasn't as much as I wanted. 

I didn't increase in the Empress or Hanged Man social links at all, so I have one month to burn through those...

I was able to finish the Fortune and Strength social links though, and am Rank 9 with Star and Devil. This means that my evenings will soon be free to hang out with Hifumi and finish the Sun and Hanged Man links.  

I'm Rank 7 or 8 with Hermit, Tower, Emperor, Priestess, Sun and Hierophant, so I hopefully will knock those out pretty quick too. 

I also used the Reaper glitch to boost my levels. It took a few tries, but it worked! And BOY HOWDY did it work! I went from level 54 to 61 in three turns! (Everyone else when from about 52 to 60.) Is the glitch cheap? Absolutely. Do I plan on using it again? ABSOLUTELY. It's hilariously overpowered and I love it. I want a chance to use it again before the 

MASSIVE SPOILERS

Spoiler

Traitor Fight

Because I want to go into that one hilariously overpowered. But we'll see what happens. 

11 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I miss the Reaper glitch. He's immune to it in Royal and that is gonna make grinding to 99 a pain

Same. Fortunately Royal naturally gets you to the mid-70's pretty easily, so it's not too much of a pain. And by the time the final dungeon is unlocked, money isn't a problem for making Persona stronger than the Joker. 

I beat the Pencil boss by using some fire flowers most of the time along with one 1000 arm stretch. That was it.

Now, Im at the Princess Peach cruise ship and about to fight the big squid boss.

Paper Mario Origami the game is fun because of the humor but the battle gameplay such as the rings moving them around its a pain in the chull

Currently in the December palace in Persona 5 (the vanilla version)!!

I chose Hifumi, have maxed out all of the social links except Hanged Man, Sun, and Empress. Overall, this is going a LOT smoother than my first playthrough! Royal had a smoother playthrough than both, but I also had more time to max out social links due to extra time after Palaces and after events in that game. Due to me using (read: abusing) the Reaper Glitch, my team is looking really strong! Joker's in the low seventies while the rest of the team is in the high sixties. This makes the palace a little bit boring though, since Joker simply autokills and/or recruits every enemy we fight in an ambush. This is also a problem because battles are the main way to make money, and I'm going to need money in order to summon the more powerful group fusion Persona and itemization. Selling treasure and old equipment can only get me so far after all. I don't think this will be a problem so long as I can get to level 75 or 76 by the end of the dungeon. It's not a guarantee, but it's worth a shot. After beating this palace, I'll have about 6 in-game days to send the Calling Card. I'll probably send it the next day, however. Next time around, if I play the regular Persona 5, I think I'll go to the palace on the 8th, use the Reaper Glitch on the 9th, and send the Calling Card on the 10th. That way the palace will still be a bit challenging but it'll also have the flu symptoms, and I can still use the Reaper Glitch before the boss fight. 

As it stands, I'm heavily considering NG+, but I don't know much about it. Do I keep my Persona catalogue or my levels? Can I keep the social stats I've gained? (This one is the most important, as I'd LOVE to be able to access all of the Social Links from the start, allowing me to spend later days training or doing other stuff.) 

Edited by Use the Falchion

You keep your Persona Compendium, your social stats your money, your equipment, and certain key items that give you access to some of the abilities of the Confidants, provided you maxed them out and talked to them in the epilogue. You do not keep your levels or any other Confidant abilities. You will find that the social stats being carried over will make things far easier. You will still be able to spend your later days training because you get through them so fast. 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:34 PM, aneonfoxtribute said:

You keep your Persona Compendium, your social stats your money, your equipment, and certain key items that give you access to some of the abilities of the Confidants, provided you maxed them out and talked to them in the epilogue. You do not keep your levels or any other Confidant abilities. You will find that the social stats being carried over will make things far easier. You will still be able to spend your later days training because you get through them so fast. 

Sweet! Thanks!

I beat Persona 5! 

Next time I play I'll probably romance Makoto, but I may switch to Haru. Or maybe I'll romance Haru on my NG+ P5R profile, since I've already romanced Kasumi. Either way, Makoto, Haru, and Chihaya will be romanced eventually. ...just not all at the same time. 

I fought the Reaper one more time before beating the game, and this time I beat him in a straight-up fight. As such, by the time I reached the final boss, my team and I were level 83. I had the right personas to fuse the ultimate guns for Morgana, Ann, Haru, Makoto, and Yusuke, but the fact that I could only choose one paralyzed me, and so no one received that weapon. It was fine though, since I was overpowered anyways. Next time though. 

As it stands, I'll be putting Persona 5 away for a little bit. I need to beat the final few levels of my Blue Lions playthrough in Fire Emblem: Three Houses (and start a new one with the Golden Deer to try out some builds) before Dawnshard and Rhythm of War release. ...so basically this weekend. 

Been making a little bit of progress in Birthright. I just made my first class changes, and of course, thanks to that now I want to replay the game as many times as possible making different pairs, different classes for each character, see the different designs and conversations. It's almost unfair how replayable this is. 

Edited by Eluvianii

• 2 weeks later...