What are you playing right now?

Playing a bit of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate I used the magic of challenge quests to fight a high rank monster (Mizutsune) way too early, beat it, and now I feel more proud than I have a right to. This game is like playing real life at light speed, you get to experience failure, regret, fear, and triumph in the span of like 20 minutes. 

Playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones again. I feel like I try to play this every year but get stuck in my own head and burn out and stop play. I've been limiting how much I play more cautiously this time around and it's let me get farther than I have previously. As it stands, while Sacred Stones may never retake it's spot as my favorite FE game, it's currently regained some of its status and is at Spot 3. (Of the FE games I've played, my top 5 are: Awakening, Three Houses, Sacred Stones, FE 7, and Path of Radiance.) I'm currently on Chapter 15 of Ephraim's path, and it's far too much fun

MVPs so far are: Artur, Lute, Ross, and Tana

Standard Excellent Performers are: Ephraim, Seth, Cormag (I forgot how great he can be), 

Surprisingly good units this run: Kyle (I need to use him more), Amelia (maybe, I haven't given her a chance to actually fight on a map yet, but her growths have been actually really impressive for a Knight), Neimi (by sheer virtue of me not using archers in GBA games much despite how much I like the characters) and Colm

Units that have caused me trouble but I like anyways and am using:

Vanessa (she's gained one strength point since recruiting her. ONE. I like her because I like Pegasus Knights and I ship her and Innes, but my Lord is she bad! Even Tana has had better stat growths than her - Tana even maxed out her speed by level 15 no less! Vanessa hasn't even done THAT yet!);

Joshua (this was the most surprising one. Joshua has been getting pelted by low accuracy (a 7%, an 8%, and a few 13-15%) attacks even when he has the weapon triangle advantage far too often to be considered an MVP or even standard on this playthrough)

Franz (Franz isn't bad, but he's not good either.)

Ewan (Look, I know he's bad. But my nostalgia prevented me from seeing that until I tried to use him and his level ups were abysmal. Am I going to use him once I get access to Dark Magic anyways? Absolutely! Summoners are tied for my favorite class in the franchise with Druids, Swordmasters, Malig Knights, and Dread Fighters). I'm not going to pass one up.) 

I think I may be on endgame territory in Dragon Quest VII, could be wrong though, this game is deceptive, but it seems after the last story event, every single NPC on the map got new dialogue and now I'm debating whether I should actually visit every town (there's a lot of towns in this game) as I grind for the final boss. 

13 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I beat Village yesterday as well, I enjoyed it a lot. I think I probably put it about equal with 7. 

Yeah I rank it pretty highly too.  Just didn’t like some choices with the ending, but not the ones you might initially be thinking of.  

last time we saw Chris he was still with the bsaa and highly suspicious of Blue Umbrella.  This one, he’s with blue umbrella and the BsAA are using bio weapons as soldiers and Chris is hostile towards the organization?  What?  Since when did that happen?

that was right at the end and super weird to me.  Gameplay wise, it might be one of my favorites in the entire series.  A fantastic blend of 7 and 4.