Interesting things about yourself?

Kestrel

What are some interesting facts about yourself?

One of my eyes is really good, but the other can't see well at all so I have almost no depth perception. I can still read far away things without my glasses, but I can't tell distance. So if I go to an unfamiliar place without them I've been known to run into things. I'm not legal to drive without them either.

I was born with a clubfoot, which was fortunately remedied by a cast I had to wear for a few weeks after birth. One foot is still shorter than the other though, and only one of my soles touches the ground completely. It's made picking out shoes difficult on occasion.

I once prayed that I'd be able to see a praying mantis, as I'd never seen one before but was fascinated by them. The very next day I found a huge mantis sitting out in the open on a tree branch.

I saw a beautiful white tiger at the zoo once--apparently this particular animal was famous for being part of a travelling exhibit. A few years later I read a news article about a white tiger in a travelling exhibit that had turned on its keeper and eaten him. I felt mildly uncomfortable.

I used to be a bit of a smart alec. I still am, but I used to be one too.

Although I was born in Oklahoma, my parents were determined that their firstborn son should be born over Texas soil. So they kept an old sour cream container full of dirt from their old Texas home under the bed when I was born, so technically I was born over Texas soil.

I was once part of a trio of sci-fi worldbuilders known locally as the Pantheon, and was rather well-known on an obscure corner of Wikia. Not one single person who wasn't a part of that obscure corner of Wikia cares.

I once had a beetle craw up my ear canal and assault my ear drum while I was sleeping. Early in the morning I had to be rushed to a clinic where a woman used a pair of exceptionally thin and sharp tweezers to pull it out. This happened only a couple of years ago.

One of my direct ancestors was a smuggler who sold guns to both sides during the Civil War.

I also have a distant cousin who's a baron in Belgium. I am not in line for the barony however, as pretty much everyone in Belgium is more closely related to him than I am.

And finally, I am the king of the kobolds.

I have OCD, severe anxiety, and 0 friends.

I read Way of Kings and Words of Radiance in two days.

I really love cheesecake and have eaten an entire one for myself.

I think far too much about super powered ferrets.

I honestly. Have no idea. It was in sixth grade.

It happened a lot after that, and its gotten to the point where I know how to put it back in place without a doctor.

My friends have learned not to question my tolerance of pain.

I have an excellent memory for numbers, having memorized the first thousand digits of pi for no apparent reason.
I have an odd compulsion to create Epic profiles.
I am 6'5.
Sometimes I feel like wee demons are trying to gouge my eye out with a hot poker.

I might have said this somewhere before... oh well.

Well, I said in the Genders thread that a lot of people think that I have a feminine affect online/that I'm bisexual or gay?

When I was younger I used to think that too.

When I was really young -like, ten or eleven- I used to feel very insecure about the fact that I wasn't very masculine. I was basing that off of stereotypes ("I don't like sports", "I find action kind of dull") rather than anything serious, but it was something I felt pretty ashamed of for a very long time. The fact that, when games gave you choices of characters, I pretty-much always chose female (and my brother made fun of me for it) didn't help.

Then... in my teens, i did have a period where I worried a lot about that stuff. "I like writing women, and playing female characters, does that me I'm trans? Am i gay?" kind of stuff.

Most of which has resolved itself, but... yeah. I think my period of gender/sexual identity confusion is the most interesting thing about me. twilightsheepish.png

Oh, and I once wrote 5,200 words for a 2,000 word essay at University. I spent 72 hours on it, then had to start trimming it down, and was nearly late. I have a few weird college stories like that.

I'm left-handed, but right-eye dominant.

I have slight heterochromia. It was more obvious when I was a child, but one of my eyes is a slightly darker green shade than the other. Both are sunburst though, so there're some great orange and yellow flecks in my eyes (I love my eye-color).

I'm allergic to garlic (when it's on my skin), and I'm garlic-intolerant (when ingested).

I'm allergic to pretty much all kinds of grass.

When I was three years old, I was run over twice by cars. The first, no one was driving, and the second, my mother was the driver.  :blink:

Speaking of vehicles, when I was 18, I jumped on the hood of a moving car. I then promptly face-planted into the windshield and my glasses cut up my nose. That was less than a month before my high school graduation. Not one of my finest moments ever.

....And I think that's pretty much it.

I tried really hard to figure out if there was anything weird I was doing.... 

Apparently I walked on the wrong side of columns in my office.. There are these huge columns and about 2 feet away, on the left side, you have the cubicules wall. On the right side, you have the circulating area. Somehow, I always squeeze through the small pace in between the column and the cubicule walls... My colleagues think it unbelievably weird, but I keep on stating walking on the left of the column is the only path that makes SENSE to me... even though it is clearly not designed for it and there is limited space.

So I walk on the wrong side of things.... and I happen to be left handed.

I also like to pluck my eyebrows with my fingers  :ph34r:

So I walk on the wrong side of things.... and I happen to be left handed.

I wonder if it's because you're left-handed that you walk on the "wrong" side of things. Your story reminds me of a ski trip I went on in 5th grade. We all had to do the ski class and then take the test down the bunny hill to prove we knew how to ski before we could actually go up on the mountain. I failed the test because I started on the wrong side of the cone (never mind that I did everything else perfectly). I didn't even know there was a correct side. I attribute it to the fact that I am left-handed and mostly left-dominant and therefore view things differently than right-handed and right-dominant people. It sounds like you're similar. :)

Also, in case anyone is curious, I never passed that ski test that day, and I've never been skiing since, because that experience left a bitter taste in my mouth. I much prefer snowboarding, but I've only ever done that twice.

Well, my eyes aren't apparently as cool as wilson's, but I think they're pretty cool -- blue with a ring of hazel-ish around the pupil.

I'm 6' 7". At least.

I can chug huge glasses of water in one.

I, for some reason, am known as "Toad" to my family.

Strange things about myself? I've got plenty. Though maybe I should keep some to tell a psychiatrist.

I, like Wilson and Maxal, am left handed.

I am OCD. Very OCD. This applies to hand motions. If I pretend to unscrew the lid of a jar, I have to screw it back on and set it on an imaginary table. Then I have to avoid knocking into the table. If I just drop the jar, then that means there's glass all over the ground and... I think you get my point. I also ascribe human emotions to inanimate objects. Like if someone says "Stupid ottoman!" I think they should apologize because its feelings were hurt.

I randomly burst into song all the time. All. The. Time. And it's anything from Les Mis to "three chartreuse buzzards."

I also finished WOR in two days. They were beautiful days, devoid of all human interaction.

I have five siblings.

My nicknames range from Southeast to Estroid.

I can do Tae Kwon Do?