Well it looks as if I'll be lynched today.  One more passenger lynched.  The coinshots have done a great job at getting us to lynch ourselves and are winning this game.  At least this day will provide valuable information of who to lynch tomorrow.  Good luck!

Station 5: Boiling Point

The temperature had somehow seemed to grow hotter later into the evening, however that was possible.  The sun still hung just above the horizon as The Steelway Express pulled into its next stop: Vindiel-Cameux, another large town bustling with activity, even less than an hour before dusk.  Restaurants flourished with activity, elegantly-dressed lords and ladies walking in and out with practically no heed to the summertime heat.  In the hustle and bustle of the evening, there seemed an almost serene sense of order and refinement in what was going on in town.

For the passengers remaining aboard The Steelway Express, this was not exactly the case.  Several almost full-blown brawls developed between them before they even reached the station, arguments and insults being thrown every which way, but most of them directed towards Neo and Vindication.  Gavin Gardre had to separate the passengers that were causing the most of a ruckus as they exited the train onto the large boarding platform.

“Let’s take a moment to relax,” Gavin said, which was rather uncharacteristic of him.  Then again, with what he had to deal with this afternoon, after the past several stations, perhaps that is just what the man needed.  A time to relax.

“We’ve reached the boiling point here, friends,” Gavin smiled, fanning his face with his hand to try and stop the incessant heat.  “At this point, the Coinshot Clan won’t even need to do their work, because we’ll just tear each other apart.  You’ve had the time to talk… or fight, maybe… it over, so we’re doing this democratically.  There are two suspects I’ve heard spoken here: Vindication,” Gavin nodded to the woman, whose hair was mussed up from hours of argument, “and Neo,” Gavin acknowledged him as well.  “Those of you who suspect Neo, raise your hand.”

Four hands shot up, Vindication trying to reach up the highest.

Gavin nodded.  “Those of you who suspect Vindication, raise your hand.”

Four hands were raised.  A few of them gave curious glances, as if searching for someone.  Counting over, Gavin realized that there were only 14 passengers present.  Someone got kicked off in all the excitement? he wondered.  He had to hope that it wasn’t one of the Clan members, trying to escape.

“Well,” Gavin sighed, “there’s our dilemma, isn’t it?”  Gavin paused.  “You sir!” Gavin shouted, pointing over at Leif Erikeller.  “I heard that you changed your opinion towards the end there, pal.”

“You-- you heard that?” Leif asked, his face blanching.  “I…”

“What exactly was your reasoning there?” Gavin asked, cocking his head and leaning forward.

Leif stuttered.  “I… I wanted my voice to be heard… I did what she told me.”

Gavin nodded, but spoke nothing.  “I see.”  Gavin looked down, contemplating.  When he raised his head, he had a pistol pointed at Vindication’s skull.  Vindication froze, shocked.  Gavin fired the gun.

Time seemed to slow as the bullet struck Vindication straight on the bridge of her nose, and she fell, dead, like the other seven that had died before her.

“What-- why?” Leif asked.

Gavin scowled.  “Someone’s gotta make the choices here, kid.  I can only hope that the one I just made was a good one.  Search her.  Look for anything she has with the insignia of four overlapping coins.”

Several of the other passengers quickly went through Vindication’s belongings.  All too soon, they knew the answer.  Leif looked up from her, and shook his head.  “She wasn’t one of them.”

Gavin clenched his fists.  “Get on the train,” he grumbled, and the passengers complied, lining up in front of the passenger car’s doors.

There was suddenly a loud crash, and someone in the city yelled, “Wait!  Wait for me!”

The passengers looked to see who could’ve made that sound, and then the familiar wail of a gunshot rang out, striking Leif Erikeller in the back.

Suddenly, all eyes were on him, rather than the person who had just been yelling.

“So many dead…” Grind muttered.

“Maybe we should start packing first aid kits,” Zane said, rolling his eyes.

“Hey guys!” a voice shouted from behind.  Everyone whirled around to see an assassin -- in fact, the same one that had sort-of-cleverly killed Met-al earlier today.  “Sorry, Grind, but I’m gonna have to kill you.  Terribly sorry!”  The assassin picked up a pistol, pointed it directly at himself, and fired.  The bullet went out the back of the pistol, as it had done with Met-al earlier, and struck the side of Grind’s ribcage.

“Bad accuracy with this thing,” the assassin frowned, checking the pistol’s backwards barrel.  “Oh well, your friend should be dead in about a minute from heavy internal bleeding.  So, see ya guys later!”

The assassin took off, and Grind immediately took something out of his pocket.  “Well, what do you know?” he smirked.  “Someone just gave me a medical kit.  Could someone help me get this incredibly lethal wound patched?”

Several of the passengers shrugged, and ran over to help cover his wound.

“He’s probably got until the next station to live,” Doctor McNinja announced.

“Wow, that is a terrifyingly specific timeframe,” Grind frowned.  “Are you sure you’re a doctor?”

“Of course I am,” Doctor McNinja said, barely a hint of laughter on his face.  “Now let’s hop to it.”

Vote Tally:
Vindication (4): Jain, Grind, Everton Slade, Neo, Old Wolf
Neo (4): Zane Tevison, Vindication, Leif Erikeller, Dow
Grind (1): Locke
Doctor McNinja (1): Bort
Locke (1): Doctor McNinja
Leif (1): Penga

Vindication was lynched!  She was a
Passenger!
Leif Erikeller was killed!  He was also a
Passenger!

Grind was saved by a Medical Kit!  He has 1 cycle left to live!

Station 5 begins now, and will end in 22-and-a-half hours.  There will be no Assassin today.  Good luck!

Edited by Alvron

Okay I am still suspicious of Orlok but I will be going in another direction for now. 

Alvron has not been nearly as helpful as I feel he could be.  Votes for Meta and Gamma, two experienced and dangerous players that a CC would love to get rid of as passengers. Also voted for himself for the coins yet refrained from voting for anyone last station. Also worth noticing that both the players he voted for were the targets of an assassination. What to take from that I do not know yet. However I could see it as a way for Alv to tell the CCs who he would like targeted with the assassination since they can only communicate with the killer. 

Also when voting for Gamma used reasoning of the only reason not to vote being rich already or having comrades to supply him with coin. Now the being rich statement doesn't interest me much but the other option he gave does. It is misleading since coins cannot be donated in this game. That means that your "comrades" can't donate coins if you have none of your own. Now this could just be a mistake or the result of forgetting that rule. However it could also be intentionally misleading and be used as a future reasoning to lynch non-voters which would be could be used by the CCs to cast suspicion on innocents. Also interesting to note that as I said earlier he didn't vote last station. Does this mean he is instead being supplied with coins by his Comrades? :ph34r:

Also Ren you have the title of this thread as QF 5 instead of QF 8.

EDIT: An important point that I forgot to put into the original post. Don't think that someone agreeing to be role-blocked does anything to prove their innocence! Firstly they would have to be role-blocked five turns consecutively to be cleared this is way to long to wait to clear someone. Secondly the CCs can ruin any attempt to clear them by not using their kill one cycle. This would obviously lead to that player being lynched and if they are a passenger that would remove the ability to assume that any day without a kill means that the CC was the one role-blocked. Thirdly by using the caboose for this clearing strategy removes the discussion around one of the mini-lynches that can be used to promote discussion. Fourth, since the occupants of the car will change al the time the decision to clear said player would have to be unanimously agreed on by all players in order to actually perform the test. Fifth, to stop someone from being cleared all the CCs have to do is kill them. Probably on the last cycle it would take us to clear them so that it wastes a maximum amount of our time and so that we gain nothing from the wasted time.

Sorry that got a little long winded. Still my point stands. The caboose should not be used this way and submitting to being role-blocked voluntarily does nothing to ascertain innocence. 

Edited by Clanky

Huh, I survived... Well, guess it's time for an Inquisition. 

Shallan, I still think you're suspicious, but you're not my main target today.

Burnt Spaghetti, let's see what you've done this game.

You started the game poke voting someone into discussion, even though you yourself did not partake in the discussion later. You also followed Adamir around with his actions, here and here. You then did not post anything else for that Station.

On the second Station, you made an observation about how Bort was Caboosed, before joining the Adamir bandwagon near the end of the Station. You then said nothing else for the Station.

In Station 3, you counter-voted Orlock for accusing you, before arguing against Meta's mini-lynch idea, even though you were just re-wording someone else's argument. Take a look at the two posts:

I was thinking some more on Meta's plan, and I could only see it being feasible if we have someone going to the buffet car we really heavily suspect. Then we can use it to drain the suspect of all their coins (or some of them at least) before we move onto the actual lynch. It's a bit of an unnecessary step, since we could just lynch them anyways, but it would let us retain a few extra coins.

Without heavy suspicion on someone though, the buffet car and Meta's plan could be used to screw over anyone.

It's a good idea, but probably best for only those really under serious suspicion who we aren't ready to lynch. It would be quite unfortunate if we drained a passenger of their money, and especially if the coin shots were the ones in the buffet car whisking away their money.

You then said nothing for the rest of that Station.

In Station 4, you cited your reason for not posting much, saying that the PM conversations were less intimidating, even though you yourself said that not much was going on inside the PMs. You then made another post defending Shallan for not buying the Assassin, and that was the last post you made. In fact, following your reasoning that whoever steps up to buy the Assassin might be a potential CC target, wouldn't it be a bit suspicious that Shallan hasn't been killed yet, even though she bidded for the Assassin twice?

Ghetti, you have been lurking on the edges of the radar for this entire game. You have not contributed anything to the discussion, other than repeating the points of others and defending someone once. I am accusing you of being a lurker CC. You defended yourself with a counter-vote when you were accused, and you have not voted without any evidence or reasoning this game, other than jumping on a bandwagon late into a Cycle and poking someone. What do you have to say to these accusations?

Just a notice that the Passenger car got scammed last night. There's a good chance that one of the Cultists broke it to prevent us all from getting it, so there's a very good chance that one or more of these people is a cultist:

Passenger Car Cycle 4

Bridge Boy

Zas678

Clanky

Neo

Aanwolf

I'd also really like to know what went down in the caboose. My vote's still on Neo for this round.

EDIT- I'd also like to know who gave Gamma a med kit? A cultist? Someone who he trusts? Is he a villager? A cultist?

I think you might be reading into that write-up a little bit too literally, as I bought myself a med-kit, because I was being publicly called to be assassinated. >.>  I honestly thought Shallan was for sure a CC there at the end, though. so I'm kind of back to square one now, although I'm not too long for this world regardless. I can still all force you to make me a last meal, however! :P

Okay, I'll start my defense by saying I really only have a 5-7 hour period of time where I'm able to be online, and some days it's more like only 4. And as these hours line up with the beginning of each cycle, it means I generally find it hard to respond to anything  that happens later in the cycle. Sometimes I do manage to get a post in later in the cycle, but it's generally rushed (like my defense of Shallan last cycle- I was literally running out the door to go to school as I posted that).

Shallan, I still think you're suspicious, but you're not my main target today.

....Shallan just died. And was a passenger. Why then are you still suspicious of her??

You started the game poke voting someone into discussion, even though you yourself did not partake in the discussion later. You also followed Adamir around with his actions, here and here. You then did not post anything else for that Station.

In cycle one, there's little else to do at the start opposed to poke voting. And all the discussion likes to happen when I'm asleep/at school.

To be honest at the time I hadn't really realize I was shadowing his actions. When I withdrew my vote just after Adamir did, that was because my placed vote had been a poke vote and no longer needed to be there. It just happened to be directly after Adamir withdrew his. When it came to putting another vote down, that one wasn't really by chance. I also hadn't realized that to get coins, you need to post  and /or place a vote. As I started off with only one coin, i figured that it's probably worth getting some more coins then, not that I really planned on using then at any point. However if something happened that required using coins, then having them at hand is useful.

On the second Station, you made an observation about how Bort was Caboosedbefore joining the Adamir bandwagon near the end of the Station. You then said nothing else for the Station.

When I decided to join the Adamir bandwagon, this was due to the fact that we had very little information at this point, and in my opinion we had the potential to learn the most through his death. I wasn't actually suspicious of him. However I also wasn't suspicious of anyone else.

In Station 3, you counter-voted Orlock for accusing youbefore arguing against Meta's mini-lynch idea, even though you were just re-wording someone else's argument. Take a look at the two posts:

The counter vote on Orlock was meant to just be a poke as I was curious. I completely intended to remove it after getting a response but something came up that night and it slipped my mind (sorry Orlock :/ ). If I had remembered/found the time I would have probably just moved it to someone else who had no votes on them as I didn't feel like the lynch target was necessarily suspicious to myself, so didn't want to throw my vote on them.

Huh... I guess I did  basically just reword what they said... Well, I wanted to say that I agreed. Would it have been better if I just said: "I agree with that person"? I guess I could have thought about it a bit more and then explained in greater detail my thoughts. Hm...

In Station 4, you cited your reason for not posting much, saying that the PM conversations were less intimidating, even though you yourself said that not much was going on inside the PMs. You then made another post defending Shallan for not buying the Assassin, and that was the last post you made. In fact, following your reasoning that whoever steps up to buy the Assassin might be a potential CC target, wouldn't it be a bit suspicious that Shallan hasn't been killed yet, even though she bidded for the Assassin twice?

That was one reason for not posting much yes. Concerning the quiet Pm's though, while they were quiet, I did try to be more active in them, and most of them I've been either the first or second player to post in them.  

Sure, I guess it was slightly suspicious that Shallan hadn't been killed yet. I wasn't necessarily saying that I firmly believed Shallan was a passenger, but was just trying to point out that I don't necessarily think that someone is suspicious for trying to buy the Assassin. The fact that she wanted to try again, more showed to me that her mistake was probably genuine and was willing to risk putting herself into the attention of all the players again. And anyway, she proved to be a passenger, so I don't feel bad for defending her.

Ghetti, you have been lurking on the edges of the radar for this entire game. You have not contributed anything to the discussion, other than repeating the points of others and defending someone once. I am accusing you of being a lurker CC. You defended yourself with a counter-vote when you were accused, and you have not voted without any evidence or reasoning this game, other than jumping on a bandwagon late into a Cycle and poking someone. What do you have to say to these accusations?

I am aware I haven't really been that active, and I am sorry for that.  I know I have not contributed much to discussion. I am unused to playing elimination games this way, so I am initially finding a bit hard to work out what to say, and most of the time my suspicions have been heavily influenced by gut feelings and I feel like If i am to post my thoughts then I should at least have a semi decent reason as to why I am suspicious of someone.

As I mentioned earlier, sure, many of my votes have been pokes or purely to get a coin. The vote on Adamir was more due to thinking we could get the most information from lynching him, even when I wasn't that suspicious of him.

I accept the accusation of being a lurker as I know I have been inactive and I really should have explained myself/ apologized earlier. I know that players who say very little are not useful in these sort of games  so I have been kicking myself a bit for it.  I'll try to do some more analysis this round and post it. If I don't get it done, then I'm very sorry and I wouldn't blame you guys for lynching me for not being particularly useful.... Sorry :/

Player List:

Zane Tevison (zas678)

Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

Symmer Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)

Miss Evyn (Lady Eowyn) Passenger

Grind (Gamma Fiend)

Senn Conrad-Tekiel (Seonid) Passenger

The Pooh with a Name (Araris Valerian) Passenger

Locke (OrlokTsubodai)

Seixa (phattemer) Passenger

Bortholemew the Blind (Bort)

Vindication (Shallan) Passenger

Everton Slade (Bridge Boy)

Doctor McNinja (Clanky)

Nails (Alvron)

Neo (Neodymium)

Penga (jasonpenguin)

Mennet Farrsolin (Adamir) Passenger

Leif Erikeller (leiftinspace) Passenger

Silent Man (The Only Joe)  Passenger

Old Wolf (Aanwolf)

Dow (dowanx)

Met-al (Metacognition)  Passenger

Nine people down, and all passengers. Even if we win, can I just say 'well played' to the Coinshots. That's a damnation good result so far (for them, not us, I mean). That is a full half of the passengers dead, with no Coinshots accounted for.

Vote tallies:

Station 4:

Vindication (4): Jain, Grind, Everton Slade, Neo, Old Wolf

Neo (4): Zane Tevison, Vindication, Leif Erikeller, Dow

Grind (1): Locke

Doctor McNinja (1): Bort

Locke (1): Doctor McNinja

Leif (1): Penga

Station 3:

Seixa (5): Jain, Grind, Locke, Penga, Old Wolf, Met-al

Met-al (4): Seixa, Vindication, Everton Slade, Nails

Bortholemew the Blind (1): Zane

Locke (1): Symmer Ghetti

Vindication (1): Senn Conrad-Tekiel

Nails (1): Bortholemew the Blind

Jain (1): Neo

Penga (1): Leif Erikeller

Doctor McNinja (1): Dow

Station Two:

Vote Tally:

Mennet Farrsolin (3): Zane Tevison, Symmer Ghetti, Miss Evyn

Met-al (2): Jain, Grind

Seixa (2): Seixa, Bortholemew the Blind

Locke (2): Neo, Mennet Farrsolin

Penga (1): Senn Conrad-Tekiel

Jain (1): Locke

Vindication (1): Vindication

Doctor McNinja (1): Everton Slade

Neo (1): Doctor McNinja

Nails (1): Nails

Leif Erikeller (1): Leif Erikeller

Dow (1): Dow

Old Wolf (0): Old Wolf

Station One:

The Pooh without a Name (3): Senn Conrad-Tekiel, Silent Man, Old Wolf

Mennet Farrsolin (3): Zane Tevison, Miss Evyn, Locke, Bortholemew the Blind

Leif Erikeller (2): Seixa, Penga

Grind (2): Nails, Met-al

Vindication (2): Grind, Dow

Met-al (2): Mennet Farrsolin, Leif Erikeller

Nails (1): Jain

Dow (1): Symmer Ghetti

Seixa (1): Doctor McNinja

Bortolemew the Blind (1): Neo

So, yesterday we had 13 votes out of a possible 15. Symmer Ghetti and Nails were the ones that didn't vote. Any reason today?

I have very little in the way of suspicions, although if I had to choose, I would have to go for either Alvron or Dowanx. Both of them have been a lot quieter than usual, keeping themselves minimally active so as not to draw the ire of those looking at inactives.

Edit: Alvron. Orlok. Passenger car shenanigans. It is possible that this is a misunderstanding, but Orlok has suggested a betting strategy that will guarantee passengers lose their coins.

The passenger car rules states that we can bet coins to have our bet doubled, but only if the total bet from all players is less than y. Today's y is 8, and Orlok is suggesting we all bet 2 coins. 8 is not less than 8, so we would all lose out. Well, all of us in the passenger car anyways.

Edit 2: Zas, how was the passenger car broke yesterday? I assume by people overbetting so no-one got their coins? Do you have the numbers? And did anyone suggest 'each put two coins in' if y was 8, like Orlok did today?

Edited by Bort

I really didn't have much of a reason except for 'ran out of time'. Yesterday I had very little time to post, as I had a massive investigation due so my posts were rushed. I didn't even really think about who to vote for until after I had posted my defense of Shallan, and by that point I was most of the way down my street at a dead run as I was late for school.

Edit 1: grammar

Edit 2:
I've been thinking, as Gamma has demonstrated to us, publicly announcing who you are going to assassinate will just result in that person buying a med-kit, effectively wasting the coins you just spent. Sure, at least it may have stopped you from potentially killing off a passenger, but now it is a wasted kill that could have killed off a coin-shot. Sure we can just lynch Gamma this round anyway, but that's an entire round wasted because of an unsuccessful assassination whereas, if it wasn't announced, and Gamma hadn't survived then we could potentially gain very useful information from that.
Now Gamma, don't take this personally- I'm not saying you shouldn't have saved yourself; it's what anyone would have done, I'm just saying that in the future, if we want an assassination to be successful, it might not be a good idea to publicly announce it. Discuss potential targets, sure, I have no issue with that, just maybe not warn the target.

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

Now this is why I haven't been active in discussions. See when I'm able to be on, very few people post. And now I have to go to sleep, and then school in the morning, so unless I find a dark corner at school and log on there, it's unlikely I'll be on again until roll over :/

I know how you feel Burnt.

I'm in the UK here, so most people are just getting on when I'm heading home for the evening.

By the way, who was kicked off the caboose yesterday? I'm going to assume it was one of the five who voted for Vindication.

Edited by Bort

Orlok.

There has been clarification on the misunderstanding I spoke of in my earlier post in which I pointed the finger at Orlok.

Now that this has been clarified, is nefarious plot isn't really nefarious, and the misunderstanding was my own, not Orlok's.

Orlok, I believe you'll find that my bet has been changed back to two now that the confusion is sorted out.

So, Alvron. Going back to my original vote.