So, checking out the vote tallies, the first thing I noticed is that Phattemer had 5 votes, but 6 people voted for him. I'm going to assume that the extra person was whoever was kicked off the caboose last round. Anyone care to step forward?

We had a total of 17 votes last night (including whoever was caboosed), so only one vote unaccounted for - Doctor McNinja. Now, he is a ninja, so it is entirely possible that he did place a vote, but his ninja skills masked it from all of us, so I'd like to ask Doctor McNinja, how come no vote?

I was only able to get on long enough to see who died last cycle. I didn't have time to go through the thread or anything. 

Orlok, I wasn't saying you wanted to stop all discussion. You only wanted to stop discussions in the PMs. The PMs can't really help the CCs hide since we will still know if they are posting only in PMs. I personally can't think of any way the PMs help the CCs more than the passengers. My vote stays for now.

While I agree it is good to encourage more conversation here, I personally find the pm discussions to be less intimidating, as since i'm a newish player, I still get a bit intimidated by posting my roughly gathered suspicions for all to see, whereas in the PMs there's the potential to bounce your ideas off a smaller group and refining them before braving the main thread. So having no discussion there, I believe wouldn't be useful to anyone really at all.

On the other hand, in the cars I've been in, there has been very little discussion at all generally and if there is some discussion, not everyone pitches in and some people don't post in the car at all :/

Well, I didn't win. But that means I can almost definitely get the Assassin this time. I'll still take suggestions, but it's probably going on Jain right now.

Also, has anyone seen a post from Neo lately? (pokie)

Here I am!  So I am wondering, was the assassination bought by someone who thought Meta was CC, or was it the CC?  Obviously, if no one comes forward, we will assume that it was the CC.  I just wanted to know if someone bought it and targeted Meta without wanting to announce it in the thread, which would give the CC time to buy a medical kit for him.  I am in the process of reviewing the thread, but for now, I will place a vote on Orlok.

Just mentioning now that I have some thoughts based on rereads of the post history but I didn't have time to get them typed out before work, so I'll have to wait for my lunch break to justify the amount of time it will take to do it.  So, no substance here other than: stay tuned...

Well. My suspicion of last station was killed. And he was innocent. That's awkward. :wacko:

Not really sure who to vote on this time, lots of possibilities, but not feeling too strongly about any of them. I'm probably going to just sit here for a while, and just see what new evidence comes up. Probably leaning towards Orlok, but I'll see how discussion goes first.

Also, this is my first game, so I might just not know what I'm doing, but I thought the individual car threads were for simply discussing the action to take in that thread. Are we supposed to be saying our ideas and theories in there as well?

Edit: Also probably going to bid on the assassin this round. Better that we get it then the CC's do. Anyone specific you want me to target with him/her/it?

Edited by Bridge Boy

Clanky, I disagree - whilst the coinshots can't hide completely, they can hide in the sense that 2/3rds of the individuals do not know what is going on in the cars - reducing exposure - what would be better, in my opinion, would be to use the 'mini-lynches' in this thread - we get the same effect, but all can look at them, exposing the coinshots to a greater degree.

Here's Met-al's death scene.  Hope you like it. :P

After all of the hubbub with the last two deaths, the passengers turned on Met-al just before their departure.

“Seixa wasn’t a Coinshot,” Vindication noted, “it must be him!”

Met-al put his meaty hands up.  “Met-al not know that Seixa was good guy!  Seixa lied to us!”

Everton Slade and Nails looked at Met-al suspiciously as well.  “He’s surely big enough that he could he could easily hide a gun,” Nails said.  “We should check him.”

“NO!” Met-al shouted, ripping a seat up from its foundation on the passenger car and hurling it in Nails and Everton Slade’s direction.  The two dove in opposite directions, barely missing the upholstered missile.

“Conductor!” Vindication shouted.  “We need you in here!”

Met-al roared and pushed Vindication back, slamming her to the floor.  “Met-al not think we need conductor!”  Zane, Grind, and a few of the other men nearby rushed to try to subdue Met-al, but the big man swatted them away as if they were flies.  Then, Met-al grabbed a table and hurled it at another group of clustered passengers.  Bortholemew, Dow, and Penga all ducked behind a seat from the attack.

Then, someone strode into the frantic passenger car, holding a briefcase and card in his hand, dressed in a dashing suit and tie.  “Hold it!” he shouted.  “Hold it!  Uh, someone hired me to assassinate a certain… Met… al.  Anyone know who that is?”

Everyone stopped, except for Met-al, who swiped a large fist towards Leif Erikeller and Old Wolf, knocking both of them off their feet.  The passengers that remained standing all pointed towards Met-al, who looked completely enraged.

“Is that a koloss?” the assassin yelped.  “Man, they never taught me how to deal with those things in training.  Um, let me see here…” the assassin opened up his briefcase and took out a pistol.  “Hmm… hopefully this will do.”  The assassin closed his eyes and pulled the trigger, hoping that the bullet would end up hitting Met-al.

The gun didn’t shoot.  “Shoot!” the assassin cried.  “It didn’t shoot!  That doesn’t even…” the assassin didn’t get to finish as the full weight of Met-al crashed into him, blowing him into the back wall of the passenger car.  “Ah, that hurt,” the assassin muttered.

“Met-al not like being shot at!” Met-al roared, and grabbed the assassin’s gun, the pistol practically jumping straight out of his hand.  Met-al pointed the gun at the assassin’s head, and pulled the trigger.

Again, nothing happened.  “Oh, oh, I see now!” the assassin said, looking at the gun.  “I forgot to turn the safety off!  Man, that is just so embarrassing that…” the assassin suddenly stopped as he heard Met-al flick the safety off.

Met-al fired, only to find the bullet shot straight into his own skull.  Met-al crashed to the floor of the car, shaking the entire cabin.

“Ha!” the assassin yelled.  “Ha ha!  Backwards-firing pistol!  Man, I’m such a genius.  I should totally start marketing this thing.  People would love it!  Anyway, see you guys later!”  With that, the eccentric assassin picked up his gun from the hulking corpse of Met-al, and literally leapt off of the passenger car.

Edited by Alvron

So in the interest of honesty, I assassinated meta. kinda surprising actually, as i was sure shallan had outbid me. he seemed all to eager to lynch everyone else on the slightest suspicion, and as i said before, i thought he would have been a first target for the cc's if he was a passenger. So yes, it was a mistaken passenger. At least he won't punch us now right? :)

So in the interest of honesty, I assassinated meta. kinda surprising actually, as i was sure shallan had outbid me. he seemed all to eager to lynch everyone else on the slightest suspicion, and as i said before, i thought he would have been a first target for the cc's if he was a passenger. So yes, it was a mistaken passenger. At least he won't punch us now right? :)

Than you shall have my vote, leftinspace, as retribution. I don't feel meta was being suspicious and he was making some good points. Admitting the assassination sounds like something a CC would do in an attempt to look innocent, because everyone would assume that they wouldn't say it if they were guilty.

Than you shall have my vote, leftinspace, as retribution. I don't feel meta was being suspicious and he was making some good points. Admitting the assassination sounds like something a CC would do in an attempt to look innocent, because everyone would assume that they wouldn't say it if they were guilty.

That's fine peng . I figured somebody would target me for admitting that. I felt that meta made a mountain over a mole hill with phattemer, and turns out i was right about that, just wrong about him being a cc. i figured you would target me anyway considering your reaction the last time i voted for meta. At least I've been active and sharing information.

One more thing while I wait for a response about the google doc...

In the interest of disclosure (given the good suggestion of keeping discussion to the main thread), I will say that I just posted a lengthy argument in the car I am in on the strategy in that car.  I am not posting it here right now, as it would also reveal which car I am in, but if folks want me to, I could try to make the argument more general so it would not reveal my location, though it would likely lose some of it's usefulness in the process.

Alternatively, if the consensus is that one person revealing his location is a reasonable price to pay for making the argument public, then I am happy to do so.

I suppose a third alternative would be for me to make and post a good car-specific argument for all four cars (yes I could be in the vault car as far as anyone else not in my car knows, though I am revealing (or maybe sneakily suggesting via this post) that I am in a car with other occupants). However, that sounds like a lot of work, and it will take a bit of time, and I can't guarantee that I can think of relatively equally intelligent arguments for all of the cars before the end of the round.  So I will leave it to the group to debate (but not for too long in case my response is time-sensitive).

I'm in favor of posting the lists publicly as well. It's a way to calculate Coin distribution, and see where people are missing (or potentially could have) coins. Yes, it's information that the cultists don't actively have, but I bet that they're managing a way to still communicate it- perhaps everyone sends the Killer their rooms, and then the round after, the old Killer sends that information to the new Killer. I bet they've got pretty good information distribution. 

And Aanwolf, I think you should just post what room you are in. It doesn't make much difference for either side knowing where just one room is. 

Shallan, I want to know why your kill didn't go through. 

Actually Shallan, I'm curious about that too. ren told me the confusion resulted from thinking there was a tie between my bid and somebody else's, but then realizing that they hadn't actually bid anything which let my vote go through after all. I'm still more suspicious of peng as he seems to Just be on enough to point fingers at somebody but not much more, but Zane does have a good point.

Well... there was a slight problem with that. See, I was going to bid 10 coins, and since I assumed nobody else would have that many, they would all probably use a different Payment action. In which case I didn't need to bid 10 coins. I only needed to bid the minimum, 1. Which is what I did. But I won't make that mistake this round. I will ACTUALLY bid 10 coins, and right now we're Assassinating Jain, though that can and probably will change.

Perhaps that was Phat who was going to bid for the Assassin? They had 8 coins, right? That would be enough, and they could have changed it after they knew they would die.

Okay Shallan. Though I'm not entirely convinced, that should be good for now.  And Lief said he got the assassin with 6 coins. 

I just read through the last two days, and the one I'm suspicious of is Neo. His tone and playing style seem to be different from last cycle, though Elantris is a bit different than the main thread, but more than that, he seems to be present, but not contributing in a majorly significant way. He seems to be posting enough that he doesn't get called out, but not too much so that his posts will get analyzed. The CC haven't had a single eliminator lynched yet, so they haven't had a big reason to post and be active. He's voted for side players that haven't been under threat. This was the approach that the Elminators took in LG12, and it could be the strategy Neo's using now. 

What Shallan did seems like a very foolish thing to do if she was an eliminator unless there was a large pay off for taking that gamble.  So we gotta ask ourselves what does she have to gain from doing what she did.

Her actions basically amount to her trying to buy the assassination kill for the cheapest possible.  It doesn't reduce the risk of anyone else losing coins because failed bids are returned to the owner.

If she is a Villager, I can see some credence to her reasoning for doing what she did.  She tries to fool people out this round and hopefully secure the kill and then  next time an assassination kill is up really buy it taking both of those assassination kills away from the CCs.

If she is a CC her actions basically give away the assassination kill.  Why would a CC member draw attention to themselves to try and scare other players from getting the assassination kill.  So they could get the kill for cheaper?  Is the gamble of basically outing a CC member worth the chance of saving a few coins?  I don't think so.  That combined with the math skills she has used when she was in the Buffet Car with me leads me to believe that Shallan wouldn't make that bad of a gamble if she was playing as a CC.

I read through the forum and honestly the most suspicious player to me at the moment is Neo.  He just doesn't seem to be playing like he has in past games and while I don't have concrete evidence he is my top suspect atm.

It's possible that Neo is a CC, I haven't really been watching too closely. I do have my suspicions about Shallan though, so hopefully my poke vote will get a response, and if nobody else has any worries about her(?) then no harm done.

Well... there was a slight problem with that. See, I was going to bid 10 coins, and since I assumed nobody else would have that many, they would all probably use a different Payment action. In which case I didn't need to bid 10 coins. I only needed to bid the minimum, 1. Which is what I did. But I won't make that mistake this round. I will ACTUALLY bid 10 coins, and right now we're Assassinating Jain, though that can and probably will change.

Perhaps that was Phat who was going to bid for the Assassin? They had 8 coins, right? That would be enough, and they could have changed it after they knew they would die.

And where's your reasoning for Assasinating me? Still riding on Meta's suspicions on me making a mistake? I'm known for them, actually. You've even gone to all that effort to role-block me in the Caboose. Right now, this stinks of an Eliminator hitching on someone's reasoning as an excuse.

Such a pity I don't have enough time for this game. I would have started the Inquisition again, even if I'm the worst member.

Yiu know what? I may as well start now, even as I'm about to be lynched, role-blocked and Assassinated. I've never seen so much effort put into killing one person.

Shallan. Let's see what you've done so far. You've made humorous comments. You advocated not to lynch Adam on Cycle 2, even as he was heading to the gallows. Eliminator trying to get on the good side of the Villagers? More humorous comments. Right now, you seem to have put yourself in charge of the Assasain kills. Convenient. Lurker turns important.

And I'm out of time again. Pity I couldn't analyse Shallan and Ghetti's actions. Would have been pointless, though. The CC have won this game already. Too little discussion. Meta assassinated for some reason. Jain signing off.

Edit: sos for accidental downvote. Pls correct for me.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda