You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

On 6/7/2015 at 3:57 PM, Mistrunner said:

When your computer crashes for some reason and you're panicking because you can't get on 17th Shard. 

On the topic of Riordon, I haven't read Blood of Olympus yet. The reason? I can't bring myself to, not yet. I read his first series about when it came out and thought they were okay. (I actually like them more now. They just weren't quite in my range of interest then.) Then (somewhat) recently I tried his books again with the Kane Chronicles and the new Percy Jackson series and I liked them. Then I read the third book in that series and realized: Riordan is reaching. His jokes are forced and at times even make the plot unbelievable. He's now stretching out that one idea- ancient gods and goddesses in the modern world- as far as he can, and it's wearing thin.

That's my opinion on them. Of course, I'm really, really picky when it comes to books. It's probably Sanderson's awesomeness.

When you read Riorden and your first thought is, "Uhh, I think you mispelled Raoden."

On the topic of Riordan, I read all of his books (that were out at the time) in third grade, so my opinion isn't 100℅ reliable. But I. Was. OBSESSED. But I just finished the Dark Prophecy. I liked it, but his first series and the Kane Chronicles were best. I can't bring myself to read The Hammer of Thor. But I need to... I'll get around to it eventually.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:54 PM, Tesh said:

When you spend your lunches in the school library theorizing. And ignoring humans.

Same. That's where I did my studying... for my chapter headings theory. Though I got lunch in the meantime. And you should too, because food is kind of essential to the human body.

Anyway:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you keep the tab with the info on the Black Piper's Kaladin album just so you can listen to the song previews over and over and over again.

When you freakin' live on Scadrial for a day. (Because of recent wildfires billowing smoke in the sky where I live, there was one morning where the sun was red when it rose. I kept inwardly screaming "SCADRIAL!!!")

When you compare a beautiful sunset to the cover art for WoK and WoR.

When you constantly check the Coppermind at school just because you can.

When you spend more time Sharding than doing homework, even though it's your senior year.

4 hours ago, Firerust said:

Same. That's where I did my studying... for my chapter headings theory. Though I got lunch in the meantime. And you should too, because food is kind of essential to the human body.

I have a snake in Leadership because it's before lunch and we can eat in there. And we have lunch really early. So I eat more once I get home. ;)

When you get a head cold and you are up at two in the morning, and the first thing you do once you regain your senses is check the shard.

When you get a little purple lama at school, it's my pocket lama, and you name it Spirit. Also, I like lamas.

7 hours ago, Emerald101 said:

When you read this and immediately wonder if it's a mistborn lama.

I I should make it a mistcloak! 

Also, I just listened to the 'Kaladin' previews.

It.

Was.

Amazing.

When you want to get three of your teachers a copy of tWoK for teacher appreciation week. 

I neeeeed to!

:D

On 9/7/2017 at 6:47 PM, King Cole said:

When you are on the bus, reading WoR and somebody with tattos of the Roshar map and a shash glyph starts talking to you

When you see a fellow Sanderfan on the bus and show your Roshar tattoos to them. (not that that was me, but MAN that guy's hardcore!)

On 9/10/2017 at 3:03 PM, Tesh said:

(This happened at church today). When Laurel sitting behind you tells you she's reading tWoK and you start bouncing in your seat because your so happy. My friend (fellow Sanderfan, but she didn't understand my excitement) finally got me to settle down. And in the middle of Sunday school, you start talking to a friend who has only read SA about Oathbringer. He thought it's coming out in October. But I told him it's going to be released on November 14th at 12:01AM. I think he was slightly surprised...

:D

Bruh I WISH the Laurels in my Ward read Sanderson. But I mean, a Sanderfan Priest can only dream, right?

When you realize that whenever there's a rainstorm you're bizarrely energized and wonder if there's some Rosharan Magic going on. (plzletmeberadiantplzletmeberadiantplzletmeberadiant)

Also when you get in a Sanderson vs. Riordan holy war with your fellow nerd friend. (The guy's a Riordan peasant I swear... :ph34r::ph34r::P 

I mean, I read Riordan, and I loved it, but man Sanderson is SO much better!