You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

On 6/11/2022 at 3:55 PM, Morningtide said:

I'm the oldest of 5, and I've gotten one if my siblings into the Cosmere! She's the only one one enough

Actually, I'm in the exact same situation. Oldest of 5, but only one Cosmere convert.

I'm the oldest of 3, and tried to get my sister into it. She didn't like WoK, and thought Mistborn was just ok. I think something is wrong with her, but who am I to judge? My brother is to young, but he is interested in reading it eventually

YKYASFWY watching Barbie Princess and the Popstar and she has a magical brush that changes her hair and you think Royal Locks?

15 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

When you have a dream about Brandon announcing the date of Stormlight changing to May 14, 2024...and then you look it up when you wake up, and it's a Tuesday

... i dont know what this means

1 hour ago, Tani said:

... i dont know what this means

It means that I'm such a Sanderson fan that when I dream about books, even the logical stuff like a potential delay and then a potential release date are apparently taken into account.

Anyways, I'm betting that if Stormlight 5 is delayed to 2024, the date is going to be May 14, 2024. Because why not?

YKYASFW you release an evil laugh when someone sends you an email asking for book recommendations.

YKYASFW you run Cross Country and sometimes say the Ideals, and you say them often enough that your running buddy(who has not read Stormlight) says "journey before destination" when you say "strength before weakness".

Totally hypothetical, of course.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
Adding info

When your re-re-re-read of Oathbringer turns into five tabs on the Coppermind open and covering your desk with Cosmere books because you have to look up a reference, but you realize all your copies of tWoK are currently being borrowed by people you're trying to turn into Sanderfans.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:22 AM, Morningtide said:

When you are assigned to make 5 small pieces of art and three of them are Sanderson themed, with writing in either the Steel Alphabet or the Alethi Women's script.

How do I learn the Alethi women’s script? also sorry for the double post but I’m new and don’t know how to fix it

Edited by Friendly Cremling
Clarification of double post I guess

When you look at your bookshelf and find it has been overrun with Branderson.

And then you look at your phone (library app) and find that it has been overrun with Branderson.

And then you look at your life and wonder what you were doing before you read Branderson.

When you go to your school's Fun Friday and face painting is an option

and everyone else is getting to be cats and stuff

and your friend is painting

so you ask her to paint a shash brand on your forehead.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
Rephrasing

38 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

When you speed read through Mistborn and WOK searching for the perfect scene to adapt into a full-length piano composition

And then find yourself eight hours later with 37 coppermind tabs open researching Thaylen script and other cosmere linguistics

All while listening to Black Piper's Kaladin album :P 

I feel you, it is so hard not to get lost in the massiveness