Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

White Sand preview pages reaction: White Sand + Avatar: The Last Airbender Parody Crossover - The Last Sandbender Presented by Cosmere Network

tumblr_inline_o4bp8fpG2F1qkgqvb_540.jpg

(I’ve already changed the Chinese translation, which means “Shard falling on a [shard]world”.)

Another White Sand related one:

:P This is great. Edited by Master Elodin

Spoilers bro. Just to be safe.

But the time Vin spent holding Preservation might count towards "lawful". If Preservation is defining natural laws (because that power is what gave man sentience and a penchant for honor to begin with), and she sort of is Preservation for a time, then she can be considered the most lawful of all. If you can grasp what I'm trying to say. It makes sense in my head, at least.

Preservation has nothing to do with law and order. If left to its own devices without Ruin it would try to turn Scadrial into a snow globe museum exhibit where nothing changes ever. It's no less harmful to society than Ruin was. It's Preservation, not Honor, we're talking about here. It provided enough investiture for sentience and allomancy, the rest was all on them.

If anything ignoring one's own intent to Preserve all creation to straight up go and slay gods is as unlawful as they come.

Edited by natc

Spoilers bro. Just to be safe.

Woops, thanks. Guess I'll go change that.

You make a good point. Preservation isn't Honor. I guess I got caught up in how Preservation is the "good" force and Ruin is the "bad", mostly ignoring intent. I can almost see why Vin was considered Lawful Good, but at the same time, someone else may have made more sense. Dalinar, maybe? Kaladin, kinda? Maybe Sarene or Raoden could count, too.

Still, I pretty much wholeheartedly agree with the rest of the chart. (I can't decide - is chaotic evil Stormfather or Odium? Because Stormfather doesn't make much sense to me.)

Well done sir. Now to pick nits... I'd argue that any Vessel needs to be Lawfully aligned as they are all bound by the laws of their intent.

While that's true, some Intents are chaotic and disorderly by nature.

Also, the Shards have some volition. Odium doesn't have to go around destroying Shards, he just does.

While that's true, some Intents are chaotic and disorderly by nature.

Also, the Shards have some volition. Odium doesn't have to go around destroying Shards, he just does.

Shardholders are strictly following rules which make them disorderly... or something...

As far as they are concerned, they are following the rules of their natures. However, this occasionally leads to their resident Shardworld experiencing increased entropy as a result of their actions.

You can argue that, as far as they are concerned, the Shards break no laws.

But that's not how justice works. If you follow laws that only apply to you, you're not truly following the laws.

Also, Szeth was bound by the laws governing Truthless.

Unfortunately some of us (not me) are in the audiobook crowd and might not actually have seen the names written before coming here.

I don't even recall ever seeing the name of the planet written down in the Mistborn books, so this might be moot point. For me, at least, the first time I was ever aware that the Mistborn world was named Scadrial was when I went to one of Brandon's signings and he was answering questions from fans.

Inspired by someone in the "What are you reading" thread who said they skipped to the end of a book:

Spoiler for that same Alcatraz book (I forget which one it is... Knights of Crystallia?)

vxojv7.jpg

It was Scrivener's Bones

I don't even recall ever seeing the name of the planet written down in the Mistborn books, so this might be moot point. For me, at least, the first time I was ever aware that the Mistborn world was named Scadrial was when I went to one of Brandon's signings and he was answering questions from fans.

It's in the Ars Arcanum in The Alloy of Law. I don't thinkit showed up before that (in actual Mistborn books, anyway).

It's in the Ars Arcanum in The Alloy of Law. I don't thinkit showed up before that (in actual Mistborn books, anyway).

It's mentioned in passing in BoM

BoM minor spoilers

A worldhopper remarks to Wax that infant mortality on "Scadrial" is high, but not as bad as some regions

Meme below:

post-18315-0-83231800-1460722925_thumb.j

Edited by Bugsy6912

• 2 weeks later...