Round Five: Chaos Reigns (Or Does It?)

"Al Vron here folks, reporting (almost) live from the arena.

Chaos has erupted within the ruins.  With numbers dwindling and allies falling, some of the survivors band together putting aside their petty rivalry and differences only to fall apart at the first hurdle.  While others seem to have completely given up.  A brave few are still hanging in there, trying to create order from the chaos.

The Shard.  A strange name for a strange person from a strange world dies a strange death.  I don't think anyone saw that coming.  I mean who would've seen Shard being trampled to death by everyone as they rush to kill Ank.

Speaking of Ank, after miraculously surviving the beating that the mob gave him, dear Ank stumbled his way into what remains of the hospital only to have it collapse on him.  At this rate I am honestly surprised that anyone is still willing to enter any building.

Buildings supplied by Cog and Sprocket Inc.  Cog and Sprocket, for all your dilapidated building needs.

Naran has fallen.  After managing to evade attention for most of the match it looks like Naran let down his guard at just the wrong time.  But don't you worry arena fans.  Aora and Finn will be well taken care of, assuming that they survive.  The Seenti Gaming Corporation have already received numerous calls about adopting the pair should the unfortunate happen.  Frankly I am surprised that they haven't been killed, cooked and eaten already.  But hey, I'm more of a whitespine person myself.

Now that's just cruel.  Killing someone I can understand but to parade around displaying Samhains head for all to see is really taking it too far.  But the fans sure seem to love it and who am I to disagree with the fans.

Vote Tally:
Clanky : 5
Luckat : 3
Renegade : 2

Round Five has begun.

Deaths:
Samhain (Seonid) Librarian
The Shard (ShardbearerFanatic2014) Cosmere
Ank (Clanky) Rithmatic
Naran (Aonar Faileas) Cosmere

Edit:  Added Aonar to the List of Fallen.
Edit the second:  Added write up.

Edited by Alvron

Wilson, your time has come.  Your team is very organized (and has supposedly infiltrated every other team), you know pretty much everything, and by all reports, you're crafty and devious.  Thank you for being so nice to me, but now I have to kill you so you don't win.  

Wilson, your time has come.  Your team is very organized (and has supposedly infiltrated every other team), you know pretty much everything, and by all reports, you're crafty and devious.  Thank you for being so nice to me, but now I have to kill you so you don't win.  

Ha. You're worried I'm going to win? Do you remember when I defected from Team Epic and joined Aonar on Team Chaos? Apparently not, because I haven't expected to win since then. I've been having a lot more fun playing the information game and providing information to the right person at just the right time. It's great to know that you want to kill me for that.

Twei, I told the Librarians who your Mistborn is. I'm sorry. Make sure they get protected. Or kill Newan because if Seonid wasn't the Occulator, Newan is and that's the last kill role the Librarians have, unless they got something in the lottery.

As for you, Newan, thank you again for letting me know how you repay kindness. You asked me not to tell anyone I told you about the Mistborn's identity. I didn't. Until now. You're welcome. Again.

Wilson. I doubt you've just given up on your faction's goal. Since you apparently have a large amount of information available, it seems as though your faction will have an incredible advantage in the voting. That's bad for every team except yours. I thought we decided that blackmail wasn't an acceptable practice. And hey, even if you aren't working for your team, your death will only spread, wait for it, more Chaos.

An incredible voting advantage? Team Epic as it exists right now without me has 2 members in it. The fourth Epic never contacted the main group, so the last two have pretty much given up. So your idea of a voting advantage is incorrect. I have no reason to go back to my team because going back would simply ensure my death even faster.

I'm confused about your mention of blackmail. I haven't blackmailed anyone this entire game. At all. If you think what I did Newan just now was blackmail, it wasn't. If I wanted to blackmail him, I would've said, "Newan, remove your vote or I'll tell everyone what you know. That piece of information you asked me to contain." But that's not what I said.

I have no reason to blackmail anyone, and I don't care to blackmail anyone. If you want to lynch me, go right ahead, but at least do it for the right reasons. I'm not Maill and I'm not Phatt and I'm not going to do what they did. Sure, I could reveal every bit of information that I have on every single player living and dead--role, faction, the actions that I'm aware of, etc. I know a fair bit and I can guess at a fair bit more. But you know what? I'm not going to reveal that stuff publicly. Regardless of who votes for me and who doesn't and if I live or if I die. So my death won't cause more chaos.

I have one request to everyone who I've helped with information thus far: I hope you'll keep me from dying. I won't ask you to help me lynch Newan or anything specific like that. You can vote for who you'd like, but just keep in mind that I can't help you further if I'm dead.

And in case any of you think that I'm blackmailing with that, subtly saying that I won't help those who do vote for me if I survive, you would be incorrect. I'm willing to help anyone. And I will continue to be honest with the information I give, just like I have been this entire game.

I've been having a lot more fun playing the information game

I'm sorry.

Somehow, I don't believe you on that second part.  ;)

Here's the thing, Wilson. Either you're telling the truth, Team Epic is effectively out of the running and you're not helping them despite the opportunity for causing "Chaos" that supporting an underdog represents. Or you've made up with them, and Team Epic is a threat precisely because you're on it.

Twei, I told the Librarians who your Mistborn is. I'm sorry. Make sure they get protected.

...Honestly, with our losses last cycle, that ruse is no longer useful. The Mistborn never contacted me. The player in question and I were trying to throw what uncertainty we could into our role distribution, given how much was already public knowledge by that point.

Bortholemew rested easily in the shadows, listening to the conversations that happened around him. It seemed that others also shared his concerns about Wilson. Keeping an eye out for danger, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a now tattered fragment of paper. The list of contestants that he had found falling into the arena on day one, now with quite a few names marked off it. He pulled the stump of a pencil out from another pocket and crossed the latest names off the list.

Players:
Vin Yard Awg/Vya (Vineyarddawg)
Tristal (Tuilr)
Dow (Dowanx)
Cleo and Kae (Winter Cloud)
Keira (Little Wilson)
Arall (Araris Valerian)
Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)
Count Piffula (Lord Pifferdoo)
Tammy Kingswright (A Smart Guy)
Todd Smith (Twelfthrootoftwo)
Bortholemew (Bort)
Lil' Meester Fafa (Splinter)
New One the Toddler (Newan)
Figgldygrak (Gamma Fiend)
Ferrin (Feligon)
Restless (Renegade)
Lu (Luckat)

Deceased:
Epics:
Keldre (KalaDellexe)
Atreides Agamemnon (Ostrichofevil)
Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

Librarians:
Malcom (Mailliw73)
Eol (Eolhondras)
Samhain (Seonid)

Cosmere:
Joe (The Only Joe)
Ash (Ashiok)
The Shard (ShardbearerFanatic2014)
Naran (Aonar Faileas)

Rithmatists:
(Dis)Honorable Sir Maestro Dr. Brightlord Seixa (Phattemer)
Ank (Clanky)

I seriously think lynching Wilson is a bad idea, due to the fact that she laid out. I didn't want to do this, but: Newan I think you and a smart guy are probably just annoyed that Wilson messed things up for your team. I'm surprised you revealed that you were on similar sides so easily.

At this point I am actually starting to get concerned about the SK.  I hope we just have one, but I wouldn't put it past Alv to troll us with that.  And the fact that they have managed to stay relatively hidden as we cut down other factions just makes it easier for them.

Ha. You're worried I'm going to win? Do you remember when I defected from Team Epic and joined Aonar on Team Chaos? Apparently not, because I haven't expected to win since then. I've been having a lot more fun playing the information game and providing information to the right person at just the right time. It's great to know that you want to kill me for that.

I definitely remember when you said that.  I also remember the grain of salt I took with that piece of information, because when the statement is "I magically don't care about winning anymore," you had better take that with a grain of salt the size of your fist.  Gross.

Twei, I told the Librarians who your Mistborn is. I'm sorry. Make sure they get protected. Or kill Newan because if Seonid wasn't the Occulator, Newan is and that's the last kill role the Librarians have, unless they got something in the lottery.

Not important.  Also wrong.  But you'll just think I'm trying to mislead you and play it cool.  But I know that your info-drop was just to smash my team into Team Cosmere.  It's the nicest kind of manipulation ever.  

As for you, Newan, thank you again for letting me know how you repay kindness. You asked me not to tell anyone I told you about the Mistborn's identity. I didn't. Until now. You're welcome. Again.

See this guilt bait?  The whole "I was so nice, and now you're being so mean" bit?  It's just going to keep floating on down the river because I am not biting.  Everybody saw my sentence structure.  Thank you for being nice, but now I have to kill you.  Regretfully.  I like it when you are in the game, but unfortunately, we are not on the same team, and unfortunately, you need to die or you will defeat everyone by Round 10.  It's not how I repay kindness, but your kindness will not stop me from doing what I must.

I seriously think lynching Wilson is a bad idea, due to the fact that she laid out. I didn't want to do this, but: Newan I think you and a smart guy are probably just annoyed that Wilson messed things up for your team. I'm surprised you revealed that you were on similar sides so easily.

I don't think it's Wilson who messed things up for my team.  It was a number of factors.  I'm sure Wilson was one of them, but Mailliw dug his own grave, and I don't even know who killed Eol.  

Also, I honestly know absolutely nothing about A Smart Guy.  Or Splinter.  What is up with them?  If anybody wants to drop me a PM saying what team either of those players belong to, I would appreciate it because I really have no idea.  

Edit: funny business with the multiquote

Edited by Newan

If anybody wants to drop me a PM saying what team either of those players belong to, I would appreciate it because I really have no idea.  

Would that information get you to remove your vote from me? (While I may be above blackmail, I am not, nor will I ever be (at least in these games), above a bit of bribery. :P)

Would that information get you to remove your vote from me? (While I may be above blackmail, I am not, nor will I ever be (at least in these games), above a bit of bribery. :P)

Haha tempting, but no. 

I'm not going to say anything about what you about Wilson because that's her buisness. 

Also, I honestly know absolutely nothing about A Smart Guy.  Or Splinter.  What is up with them?  If anybody wants to drop me a PM saying what team either of those players belong to, I would appreciate it because I really have no idea.  

Nice hint on Splinter's alignment. And confirmation on a smart guy's. 

I'm not going to say anything about what you about Wilson because that's her buisness. 

Nice hint on Splinter's alignment. And confirmation on a smart guy's. 

I really don't know!  I know this is just going to be yet another confirmation in your eyes, but if you look at my play style across the games, it's really quite straightforward.  

The sky was dark and gloomy, as a storm slowly rolled in over The Arena, the thick, roiling thunderclouds blotting out the sun, and casting a dim shadow over the already bleak battlefield. An omen of death to follow, echoing the announcer's proclamation: Chaos Reigns.

Figgldygrak sought out shelter, it's hulking mass just a large, formless shadow in the torrential downpour, the splashes of it's large feet as it ran through the flooded puddles quickly forming in the twisting maze of alleyways were drowned out by the roar of the rain and clashing booms of thunder.

"Chaos Rains." It laughed to itself, finding those the first words it ever spoke besides it's name to be the funniest joke it ever heard.

Couldn't avoid the chance of a terrible pun by making it rain. XD

I probably should be voting for Wilson, but Newan, I just don't like the tactic of biting the hand that has been feeding you valuable information.  (Especially when you make it so blatantly public and take pride in the fact that you're stabbing your informant in the back.)  Backstabbing frequently results in one's own stabbing, I think.