Truly you are a wise GM. Though if your forbid teratorns, I could always just use pterodactyls or Haast's eagle. :ph34r:

What website, if I might ask? Cracked?

So long as I make it abundantly clear he is not, under ANY circumstances, allowed to find a fossilized Titanoboa. Unless it's a dramatic-betrayal sort of moment where Funtimes turns the fossil into the world's biggest pile of jellybeans. O.o

Ah, so you go there too?

So long as I make it abundantly clear he is not, under ANY circumstances, allowed to find a fossilized Titanoboa. Unless it's a dramatic-betrayal sort of moment where Funtimes turns the fossil into the world's biggest pile of jellybeans. O.o

Ah, so you go there too?

I was seriously considering a Titanoboa, actually. <_<:P

Sometimes. Not in a while, and I usually only read the nature-related articles.

Titanoboa goes in the same category as Möbius: a comically large folder marked "NOPE TOO SCARY NOPE NOPE NOPE." :P

I think this is one of the older articles.

Can we replace the alligators in the Disco Ending with Titanoboa? :ph34r::P

I first read about Titanoboa in an issue of Discovery Magazine, which I read while accompanying my mother to see her midwife a few years ago. I thus have a mixture of nostalgic fondness and mortal terror for that snake. :P

Can we replace the alligators in the Disco Ending with Titanoboa? :ph34r::P

I first read about Titanoboa in an issue of Discovery Magazine, which I read while accompanying my mother to see her midwife a few years ago. I thus have a mixture of nostalgic fondness and mortal terror for that snake. :P

Perhaps. :ph34r:

For me it's mostly just mortal terror. I can handle snakes up to a point, and that point comes when the snake is made large enough to swallow an entire elementary school class in five minutes flat.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Poor Lightwards, not only get's he mistreated in canon but now the GM also cuts down on his powers, while Epics with similar powers get much more outlandish creatues. :(

It's his fault for being so unstable. If he didn't order his dinosaurs to eat people because he was having a pity party, I might trust him with a giant bird. :P

(Plus, giant snakes are terrifying, and with talk of other prehistoric creatures he can and probably will resurrect? Sorry, but I'm rather fond of sleep. ;))

....though if it does seem like I'm unfairly nerfing him compared to other characters, I'd be more than willing to change my tune. I'm not opposed to Lightwards gaining powerful creatures at all....it's more the fact that the prehistoric critters he wants to resurrect freak me out personally. If my banning them throws off the game balance or anything like that, I'll reverse it.

....though if it does seem like I'm unfairly nerfing him compared to other characters, I'd be more than willing to change my tune. I'm not opposed to Lightwards gaining powerful creatures at all....it's more the fact that the prehistoric critters he wants to resurrect freak me out personally. If my banning them throws off the game balance or anything like that, I'll reverse it.

Well, part of my reasoning for considering Titanoboa was the very reasoning that prompted you to ban it: the fear factor. Intimidation is Lightwards' primary mode of offence considering his zombie limit, so I was thinking that resurrecting the most terrifying creatures he has access to would make perfect sense for his character.

But of course I'll abide by any decision you make. You don't even need to pull rank on me; if snakes, fish, or giant sea scorpions make you too uncomfortable, I'll avoid them.

EDIT: Minor rephrasing to avoid sounding hostile or accusatory, because I am most certainly neither. :)

Edited by Kobold King

Well, part of my reasoning for considering Titanoboa was the very reasoning that prompted you to ban it: the fear factor. Intimidation is Lightwards' primary mode of offence considering his zombie limit, so I was thinking that resurrecting the most terrifying creatures he has access to would make perfect sense for his character.

But of course I'll abide by any decision you make. You don't even need to pull rank on me; if snakes, fish, or giant sea scorpions make you too uncomfortable, I'll avoid them.

EDIT: Minor rephrasing to avoid sounding hostile or accusatory, because I am most certainly neither. :)

If he finds a Titanoboa, a coily-jawed fish of weirdness, or some other Lovecraftian horror, feel free to have him resurrect it. I...well, I didn't even realize it was nerfing until it was pointed out, and I don't want to do that unless there's a good reason. My thinking giant snakes are freaky was pretty Backtrack of me, and in a game about destroying an entire state, Lovecraftian horrors should most definitely be allowed.

If he finds a Titanoboa, a coily-jawed fish of weirdness, or some other Lovecraftian horror, feel free to have him resurrect it. I...well, I didn't even realize it was nerfing until it was pointed out, and I don't want to do that unless there's a good reason. My thinking giant snakes are freaky was pretty Backtrack of me, and in a game about destroying an entire state, Lovecraftian horrors should most definitely be allowed.

Edgedancer making sure the destruction of Oregon is as nightmarish as logically possible since 2014. :D

I wouldn't say it's Backtrack of you at all. I respect your personal quibbles here, and for your benefit, I'll certainly steer clear of the coily jawed fish of weirdness or other things that freak you or other players out too much.

I... I've said this before, but I'm an anarchist at heart. I think rules outright prohibiting snakes or spiders from the RP might be a bit extreme, considering severed heads in boxes, forced stripping, and graphic descriptions of murder have all been included thus far. But I'll stress again, I am nothing if not a loyal Questionaire and friend of yours. I'll abide by any and all decisions or preferences you see fit to make known. :)

I wouldn't say it's Backtrack of you at all. I respect your personal quibbles here, and for your benefit, I'll certainly steer clear of the coily jawed fish of weirdness or other things that freak you or other players out too much.

I... I've said this before, but I'm an anarchist at heart. I think rules outright prohibiting snakes or spiders from the RP might be a bit extreme, considering severed heads in boxes, forced stripping, and graphic descriptions of murder have all been included thus far. But I'll stress again, I am nothing if not a loyal Questionaire and friend of yours. I'll abide by any and all decisions or preferences you see fit to make known. :)

And in a thread where a deranged necromancer can raise prehistoric creatures from the dead, it seems kind of silly to prohibit the giant snakes or coily-jawed fish of weirdness when pretty much every creature before recorded history was an unholy nightmare. And life is all about facing fears, right?

I might need some ice cream after saying this, but....bring on the Old Ones.

(And I'm serious.)

And in a thread where a deranged necromancer can raise prehistoric creatures from the dead, it seems kind of silly to prohibit the giant snakes or coily-jawed fish of weirdness when pretty much every creature before recorded history was an unholy nightmare. And life is all about facing fears, right?

(And I'm serious.)

May I presume that you're one woman who will not be patronizing a real-life Jurassic Park if it opens? :P

I could go for some ice cream myself. :mellow:

May I presume that you're one woman who will not be patronizing a real-life Jurassic Park if it opens? :P

I could go for some ice cream myself. :mellow:

No, probably not, no. :P

(Though if you really want to freak me out, write a scene where Möbius traps someone in a room where the phone never stops ringing. And it's always a customer with a complaint. And they're. Never. Satisfied.)

Seriously, though, I didn't mean to nerf a character in such a random way. It was partly tongue in cheek, but still. :unsure:

No, probably not, no. :P

(Though if you really want to freak me out, write a scene where Möbius traps someone in a room where the phone never stops ringing. And it's always a customer with a complaint. And they're. Never. Satisfied.)

Seriously, though, I didn't mean to nerf a character in such a random way. It was partly tongue in cheek, but still. :unsure:

Steven Spielberg is probably the No. 1 reason why we'll never have real dinosaurs. <_<:P

(You forget that Möbius had jobs in the service industry. She'd never stoop to such cruelty. :o)

To be serious myself--don't worry about it. :) All's well that ends well, and I hold fewer hard feelings than a sentient bar of soap that's been raised by pugs. Which is to say, none at all.

Steven Spielberg is probably the No. 1 reason why we'll never have real dinosaurs. <_<:P

(You forget that Möbius had jobs in the service industry. She'd never stoop to such cruelty. :o)

To be serious myself--don't worry about it. :) All's well that ends well, and I hold fewer hard feelings than a sentient bar of soap that's been raised by pugs. Which is to say, none at all.

(She IS an Epic, though. If she thought someone really deserved it....)

If only I had access to the pony creator. I could make a comic of David complimenting that metaphor. :P

Tecnically everyone could hear with the flask but unless they have enhanced hearing a mobile would be just as if not more efficient.

I was just thinking that it wouldn't be too hard for him to be notified and then have him pay a visit to Winterspell.

Did someone say Titanoboa? My snakey-sense was tingling.

I learned about the Titanoboa at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, where they had a life-sized model.

I stood there as I gazed in awe upon a creature that dwarfed the anaconda and made the reticulated python seem laughable. A beast that spawned the word fear when it took it's first breath on this earth. An entirely real, gigantic, carnivorous monster.

Needless to say, it was love at first sight. it's up there with Deinosuchus. If you don't know what that is, look it up and pray Lightwards never gets his hands on one.

(And I'm serious.)

The old ones, really? Want me to tell you where the Jäger family grave lies? :P

I was just thinking that it wouldn't be too hard for him to be notified and then have him pay a visit to Winterspell.

It wouldn't be very hard but he still wasn't contacted yet. So Mary would still have to contact him first in her next post.

It wouldn't be very hard but he still wasn't contacted yet. So Mary would still have to contact him first in her next post.

Okay. Once he knows and gets over to Icesteel Keep, Winterspell can get him to the battlefield fast.

Edited by Sirce Luckwielder