MAJOR Firefight spoilers. Do not click the spoiler tag if you have not read the book. 

Seriously, people. Just don't do it.

Also, don't take this theory seriously.

So my brother and I were talking about Calamity. We covered all the usual ground—he's evil, he's being coerced, he's been twisted by whatever caused him to twist the people he gives powers to—and then we landed on another theory. What if Calamity isn't evil, and he isn't coerced? What if he's something far more dangerous? 

44f8d24405583890d412db3fa649b9a2.png

What if Calamity is a moron?

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

MAJOR Firefight spoilers. Do not click the spoiler tag if you have not read the book. 

So my brother and I were talking about Calamity. We covered all the usual ground—he's evil, he's being coerced, he's been twisted by whatever caused him to twist the people he gives powers to—and then we landed on another theory. What if Calamity isn't evil, and he isn't coerced? What if he's something far more dangerous? 

That... is the most entertaining theory I have heard yet. :P

He had to be a gigantic moron to the point of the powers using itself to miss what's happening though.

Edited by Edgedancer

That... is the most entertaining theory I have heard yet. :P

He had to be a gigantic moron to the point of the powers using itself to miss what's happening though.

Unless what he meant by telling David to "Take it! It's yours" was "Ugh, just take the powers already! I want to get back to my Jersey Shore marathon!" :P

:o

That is the most terrifying... er, alarming... aw, heck. That's the most hilarious possibility yet proposed. :P:D :D

...Would this make Mister Meh his Chosen One? :huh:

:o

That is the most terrifying... er, alarming... aw, heck. That's the most hilarious possibility yet proposed. :P:D :D

...Would this make Mister Meh his Chosen One? :huh:

Yep. And if Calamity ever puts his phone down long enough to notice his Chosen One is dead, he'll create an entire army of new Epics to send after Timeport. 

….which actually explains the Unicyclist and Sunburst quite well. :blink::P

Unless what he meant by telling David to "Take it! It's yours" was "Ugh, just take the powers already! I want to get back to my Jersey Shore marathon!" :P

So that's why Backtrack got powers, Calamity wasn't paying attention. :P

Yep. And if Calamity ever puts his phone down long enough to notice his Chosen One is dead, he'll create an entire army of new Epics to send after Timeport. 

….which actually explains the Unicyclist and Sunburst quite well. :blink::P

I wasn't aware the Sunburst or the Unicyclist would be attacking Timeport. Not that I object to either, of course. :ph34r:

What's Calamity's favorite mobile phone game? He strikes me as an Angry Birds type. :P

Sounds excellent. 

EDIT: Pony code: 3Q002S41701B287AF7BF990400100BB96UN1D3F10A00000070BA8200FF7FFF33115B5300FFFFFE

I like him! :)

Let's just hope he's not unfortunate enough to have his logo as his cutie mark. That could make the whole "secret identity" thing a bit trickier to navigate. :P

I like him! :)

Let's just hope he's not unfortunate enough to have his logo as his cutie mark. That could make the whole "secret identity" thing a bit trickier to navigate. :P

Please. All he has to do in the comics is mess up his hair and put on a pair of glasses, so if pony!Superman puts a pair of glasses over his cutie mark, he'll fool literally everyone. :P

I love Superpony, by the way. He looks just like a Superman pony should look. :D

And there he is! Right between Stephen Vondra and Timeport, because he'd make one awesome member of The Dalles City Guard and I'd like to see him pummel relentlessly go a few rounds with Timeport. :P

Any day Timeport gets curbstomped is a good day. :P

Oh, you know what'd be interesting? If Superpony met Fantomah and they got to talking about what a menace Timeport was, and talk led to a team up.....

Any day Timeport gets curbstomped is a good day. :P

Oh, you know what'd be interesting? If Superpony met Fantomah and they got to talking about what a menace Timeport was, and talk led to a team up.....

I approve of this soon-to-be comic :P

I don't have Fantomah's pony code, but I succumb to insanity long enough to make a pony comic.

Major Firefight spoilers:

Remember how Regalia mentioned her plan to have Megan seduce David?

7595fd76b5aab94d5fa570fa611afdbc.png

I choose to interpret her as an evil Shipper on Deck from now on. :P

Remember how my sister's "Grafitti in Newcago" doodles broke your brain?

Well, this comic broke hers.

And mine.

I can't stop laughing. :lol:

Remember how my sister's "Grafitti in Newcago" doodles broke your brain?

Well, this comic broke hers.

And mine.

I can't stop laughing. :lol:

I'm glad I could return your sister's favor. For that matter, I'm glad I could spark a few laughs at all. :D

On a less humorous--but still pony--note, I put together Newton Mark I.

d468c426f6c1212d8f6e714f60964ed5.png

It's hard giving a pony a suitably punk-like appearance. :mellow: Anypony got thoughts or criticisms?