"Hahaha, I'm so happy the other receptionist explained a single mistake to you several times over the course of three days! It fills me with glee that, like me, she does not know how to let a thing go! What a kindred spirit, bringing up a mistake almost a week after the fact! Oh, I live for days like this, you gibbering idiot!" <_<

Situations like this make me hate working with women. Even though I am one. :angry:

How's everyone else's mornings?

"Hahaha, I'm so happy the other receptionist explained a single mistake to you several times over the course of three days! It fills me with glee that, like me, she does not know how to let a thing go! What a kindred spirit, bringing up a mistake almost a week after the fact! Oh, I live for days like this, you gibbering idiot!" <_<

Situations like this make me hate working with women. Even though I am one. :angry:

Are a lot of the women you've worked with genuinely more likely to be passive aggressive, then? I haven't seen many earnest ":angry:" smilies from you. :wacko: Sorry you're having a bad day so far. I heard you like meerkats, so...

l-I-like-my-coffee-cute-like-my-meerkat.

It's stressful to go alone. Take this.

My morning's fine so far. I've got a pot of water on the stove, which I intend to corrupt with powdery, cappuccino-flavored corn syrup solids that will probably kill me over my lifetime. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Forum-wise, the global paranormal defense consortium I started is being compromised by infighting. After an invasion by elephant stormtroopers, two councilmen have split into anti-Earth-elephant and pro-Earth-elephant factions. It... sounds silly, but there seems to be a fairly legitimate fight going on over there and I'm not sure whether I should try to say anything peacemaking. :huh:

Are a lot of the women you've worked with genuinely more likely to be passive aggressive, then? I haven't seen many earnest ":angry:" smilies from you. :wacko: Sorry you're having a bad day so far. I heard you like meerkats, so...

l-I-like-my-coffee-cute-like-my-meerkat.

It's stressful to go alone. Take this.

My morning's fine so far. I've got a pot of water on the stove, which I intend to corrupt with powdery, cappuccino-flavored corn syrup solids that will probably kill me over my lifetime. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Forum-wise, the global paranormal defense consortium I started is being compromised by infighting. After an invasion by elephant stormtroopers, two councilmen have split into anti-Earth-elephant and pro-Earth-elephant factions. It... sounds silly, but there seems to be a fairly legitimate fight going on over there and I'm not sure whether I should try to say anything peacemaking. :huh:

I once worked in a retirement home dining room where there was one guy on staff. The environment was very catty, filled with backbiting, gossiping, and bullying I was too shy to stand up to. At a department store, my department was entirely women, and it wasn't unusual for a handful of girls to stand around gossiping while I or another few coworkers did all the work; and when I called one of the gossipers on it, she spread rumors about how mean I was. The staff where I currently work is mostly male, and it's pretty laid back (though communication could be a bit better) but the business office is mostly female. There's one queen bee whose cattiness apparently filters down; she was the one who when, having asked if the other receptionist had told me about my mistake last week, laughed when I said "Several times."

I think equal male-female staff ratios are the best. One restaurant I worked in had one of those, and it was snide, sarcastic, collaborative, blunt, fast-paced, and supportive. A good combo, when it's put in action.

Thanks for the meerkat. ^_^

Ooh. Um, you could tell them that every second they waste arguing is another second the elephants can use?

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I once worked in a retirement home dining room where there was one guy on staff. The environment was very catty, filled with backbiting, gossiping, and bullying I was too shy to stand up to. At a department store, my department was entirely women, and it wasn't unusual for a handful of girls to stand around gossiping while I or another few coworkers did all the work; and when I called one of the gossipers on it, she spread rumors about how mean I was. The staff where I currently work is mostly male, and it's pretty laid back (though communication could be a bit better) but the business office is mostly female. There's one queen bee whose cattiness apparently filters down; she was the one who when, having asked if the other receptionist had told me about my mistake last week, laughed when I said "Several times."

I think equal male-female staff ratios are the best. One restaurant I worked in had one of those, and it was snide, sarcastic, collaborative, blunt, fast-paced, and supportive. A good combo, when it's put in action.

Thanks for the meerkat. ^_^

Ooh. Um, you could tell them that every second they waste arguing is another second the elephants can use?

Yikes. :( It makes sense that an equal ratio would be best--equal ratios are what the human race is designed to fall into naturally, right? So it only makes sense that we'd be adapted to work best when the proper balance is met.

I'm sorry you have to deal with women who are petty and mean, though. That sucks.

Hmm. I might do that. :ph34r:

Yikes. :( It makes sense that an equal ratio would be best--equal ratios are what the human race is designed to fall into naturally, right? So it only makes sense that we'd be adapted to work best when the proper balance is met.

I'm sorry you have to deal with women who are petty and mean, though. That sucks.

Hmm. I might do that. :ph34r:

I don't get why "reality" shows about catty women doing catty things in catty ways are so popular. The real thing isn't fun at all. And I know there's no such thing as a perfect workplace, but I wish someone would stand up to miss Queen Bee. Or that the boss would talk to her. Whatever it takes.

"Learn to get along, OR THE ELEPHANT TERRORISTS WIN." :P

Why not you?

Why don't I win instead of the elephant terrorists...oh, you meant the other thing. :P

The main reason is that my interaction with her is thankfully very limited. When we speak, it's always because of some time-sensitive work issue and holding her up to stand up for myself would almost certainly lead her to report me to her superiors for harassment or whatever charge she thought fit best. Another reason is that, although she's been rude in almost every interaction, if I were to report her, I'd have only a handful of incidents to make my case with. And I worry she'd excuse her attitude with the fact that almost all of her lectures and tantrums we're because I'd made a mistake--which of course isn't fair, but she does occupy a higher position on the corporate ladder than I do, so if I claim she's being unfair, it's my word against hers.

The most I can do at this point is answer her next attempt at lecturing me over the phone with "I'm sorry, can I call you back? I have a customer on the other line."

If he has the same flask of blood that the Metal has, couldn't Mary let him know what is going on? Or does he need the Metal's level of hearing to hear Mary through the flask?

Tecnically everyone could hear with the flask but unless they have enhanced hearing a mobile would be just as if not more efficient.

I feel so important waking up to this:

404768939f7737f3b9e08bdf3588137d.png

Granted, it helps that I edited my forum settings to notify me whenever a thread I follow is posted on. Still though. 18 notifications is 18 notifications, and I like clicking on those little red numbers. :P

I never had a single notification, since joining the forum. :mellow:

I have to get used to working late shifts again so I don't wate my entire morning thinking I don't have the time to do something significant but otherwise it was nice... and is over since about 9~10 hours. :ph34r:

We aren't "pro-Earth-elephant" we are contra-"sensles slaughter that might further escalate the situation." You know the same reason the Power Rangers don't start out summoning their Zords... alright maybe that wasn't the best example. :P

Why don't I win instead of the elephant terrorists...oh, you meant the other thing. :P

The main reason is that my interaction with her is thankfully very limited. When we speak, it's always because of some time-sensitive work issue and holding her up to stand up for myself would almost certainly lead her to report me to her superiors for harassment or whatever charge she thought fit best. Another reason is that, although she's been rude in almost every interaction, if I were to report her, I'd have only a handful of incidents to make my case with. And I worry she'd excuse her attitude with the fact that almost all of her lectures and tantrums we're because I'd made a mistake--which of course isn't fair, but she does occupy a higher position on the corporate ladder than I do, so if I claim she's being unfair, it's my word against hers.

The most I can do at this point is answer her next attempt at lecturing me over the phone with "I'm sorry, can I call you back? I have a customer on the other line."

Unfortunately I can't reach through the computer screen and hug you. But I can hug you with my heart through this image:

a08f810af52ba30a772eadb7fd5f687a.jpg

Tecnically everyone could hear with the flask but unless they have enhanced hearing a mobile would be just as if not more efficient.

I never had a single notification, since joining the forum. :mellow:

I have to get used to working late shifts again so I don't wate my entire morning thinking I don't have the time to do something significant but otherwise it was nice... and is over since about 9~10 hours. :ph34r:

We aren't "pro-Earth-elephant" we are contra-"sensles slaughter that might further escalate the situation." You know the same reason the Power Rangers don't start out summoning their Zords... alright maybe that wasn't the best example. :P

You should change your settings so that you'll receive notifications whenever the Question thread gets posted on. That's where nearly all my notifications this morning came from. :P

True. :P It might amuse those who read both this and the WTCHF thread to know that Kyle Lawrence--the teenager being held hostage by elephant terrorists--is a younger cousin of Steve Lawrence from San Francisco. Bad luck runs in the Lawrence family, through all parallel universes. :P

Unfortunately I can't reach through the computer screen and hug you. But I can hug you with my heart through this image:

a08f810af52ba30a772eadb7fd5f687a.jpg

You should change your settings so that you'll receive notifications whenever the Question thread gets posted on. That's where nearly all my notifications this morning came from. :P

True. :P It might amuse those who read both this and the WTCHF thread to know that Kyle Lawrence--the teenager being held hostage by elephant terrorists--is a younger cousin of Steve Lawrence from San Francisco. Bad luck runs in the Lawrence family, through all parallel universes. :P

Awwwww....they're so cute! :D

Please. The universes won't be truly parallel until something similar is happening in each one. Therefore, I will not consider the WTCHF thread a truly parallel universe until Backtrack angers Chimera, who answers his pleas for mercy with a single order:

"Bearwhals. Surround him."

Why did Chimera combine bears and narwhals, you ask? And why would that event make the universes parallel?

Because it would, okay? It just would. :P

Please. The universes won't be truly parallel until something similar is happening in each one. Therefore, I will not consider the WTCHF thread a truly parallel universe until Backtrack angers Chimera, who answers his pleas for mercy with a single order:

Why did Chimera combine bears and narwhals, you ask? And why would that event make the universes parallel?

Narwhals are the ture unicorns, so why would he ever not use them?

Regrettably, I couldn't find a picture of a pug hugging a meerkat. But I did find this--

l-funny-Lion-King-meerkat-Simba-Timon-re

To paraphrase Baymax... will adorable animal pictures improve your emotional state?

Also, bearwhals need to happen. I don't even care what universe. They just need to happen. :P

Regrettably, I couldn't find a picture of a pug hugging a meerkat. But I did find this--

l-funny-Lion-King-meerkat-Simba-Timon-re

To paraphrase Baymax... will adorable animal pictures improve your emotional state?

Also, bearwhals need to happen. I don't even care what universe. They just need to happen. :P

Which answer will get me more adorable animal pictures: yes or no? :ph34r:

They need to happen in EVERY universe. :D

Now why would you be reading about short-faced bears, teratorns, and eurypterids I wonder? :huh:

Because a comedy/random facts website I visit thought I might like it, and I wanted to see exactly how much I should use my GM powers to forbid Lightwards from acquiring any gigantic sea scorpions or cattle-eating birds. :P

Because a comedy/random facts website I visit thought I might like it, and I wanted to see exactly how much I should use my GM powers to forbid Lightwards from acquiring any gigantic sea scorpions or cattle-eating birds. :P

Truly you are a wise GM. Though if your forbid teratorns, I could always just use pterodactyls or Haast's eagle. :ph34r:

What website, if I might ask? Cracked?