Yes, but Lightwards was a professor with a firmly ingrained habit of lecturing people, while Koschei was a humble Oregon DJ. :P

Awesome! Do I need to set it up somehow with Backtrack?

Humble? Please. His radio show reached a grand total of 35 people! :P

Not this one. This one takes place just outside the church, so he'll probably see it as he's walking out.

Voidgaze´s reaction would probably be 1)Confusion about what YOLO means

2)Confusion why someone assumes she only lives once.

3)Remembering that other people only live once.

4)Feelling sorry for whoever told her YOLO.

Now I kind of want to see a meeting between Voidgaze and Koschei. My theory: Her sweet adorableness would cancel out his evil derangement, creating a rift in the space-time continuum that erases Koschei from existence and kills Nighthound. :P

Now I kind of want to see a meeting between Voidgaze and Koschei. My theory: Her sweet adorableness would cancel out his evil derangement, creating a rift in the space-time continuum that erases Koschei from existence and kills Nighthound. :P

That meeting would probably be pretty interesting... although for some reason I can´t stop imaging Koschei as an old man luring a child into his car by offering her sweets. :huh:

That meeting would probably be pretty interesting... although for some reason I can´t stop imaging Koschei as an old man luring a child into his car by offering her sweets. :huh:

"Come here, little girl. Would you like some candy?"

"I love candy! I'll--wait a sec. Why is your van so old and shady-looking?"

"It's Deathless. Like me."

"It looks like a kidnapper van."

"Do you want candy or not?"

"Come here, little girl. Would you like some candy?"

"I love candy! I'll--wait a sec. Why is your van so old and shady-looking?"

"It's Deathless. Like me."

"It looks like a kidnapper van."

"Do you want candy or not?"

The upside is that Voidgaze can just cut koschei up and take all his candies for himself. :P

Edited by Edgedancer

Unrelated, but I took TwiLyght's request for Koschei eating muffins to heart. So enjoy a swiftly made comic titled "And Then I Just Don't Know Went Wrong."

And yet Koschei is the only one not eating Muffins in this and that even though he poisions himself on occasion. :P Please tell me Derpy is alright. (To be honest the turquoise on your Nighthound version seem kind of weird.)

And yet Koschei is the only one not eating Muffins in this and that even though he poisions himself on occasion. :P Please tell me Derpy is alright. (To be honest the turquoise on your Nighthound version seem kind of weird.)

He has no reason to poison himself at the moment. Besides, he prefers chocolate chip muffins. :P

That comic was amazing. :D

Only the blueberries were poisoned. Nighthound was a greedy pig who claimed them all for himself offscreen. :P

I meant to use your (superior) version, but somehow I got mixed up when I was selecting the code. We'll attribute the funky turquoise color to blueberry poisoning doing its work.

RE: TwiLyght's praise. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Did you know that the character models for the September Music Video were made with General Zoi's pony creator? I just read that on the official description.

Edited by Kobold King

Only the blueberries were poisoned. Nighthound was a greedy pig who claimed them all for himself offscreen. :P

I meant to use your (superior) version, but somehow I got mixed up when I was selecting the code. We'll attribute the funky turquoise color to blueberry poisoning doing its work.

RE: TwiLyght's praise. Thanks! :)

That makes perfect sense, further increasing the awesomeness.

Kobold, did you want to post for Backtrack first, or should I go ahead with the Koschei flashback after Voidus posts for the twins?

I don't think it really matters either which way now--I think introducing Koschei's flashbacks through Backtrack's vision was a good way to start them, but by now they're mostly unconnected to Backtrack's posts.

I'm about to fire up the Nyan Nyan song and start writing, but I don't mind if your flashback sequence gets posted first.

I don't think it really matters either which way now--I think introducing Koschei's flashbacks through Backtrack's vision was a good way to start them, but by now they're mostly unconnected to Backtrack's posts.

I'm about to fire up the Nyan Nyan song and start writing, but I don't mind if your flashback sequence gets posted first.

I won't be able to post it for a while anyway, so however it winds up happening is good.

How much distance between Backtrack and the flashbacks (not a bad band name) do you think is logical/allowable? I agree that having a strict flashback-Backtrack sequence isn't necessary anymore (and might even feel constrictive to the reader after a while) but how far apart do you think the Koschei and Backtrack posts can/should be?

I won't be able to post it for a while anyway, so however it winds up happening is good.

How much distance between Backtrack and the flashbacks (not a bad band name) do you think is logical/allowable? I agree that having a strict flashback-Backtrack sequence isn't necessary anymore (and might even feel constrictive to the reader after a while) but how far apart do you think the Koschei and Backtrack posts can/should be?

If we want it structured we could loosen up the distance after Backtrack has some time to settle into the Dalles and just forces himself to watch the flashbacks regualry. They are already there plotwise but can be reveald whenever they fit the best (or when Twi has written them :P ).

Seems like I should finally start gearing up for a Dexter post. Did we ever settle down and decided wheter there are injured soldiers at his clinic, if it is more for civillians or both?

If we want it structured we could loosen up the distance after Backtrack has some time to settle into the Dalles and just forces himself to watch the flashbacks regualry. They are already there plotwise but can be reveald whenever they fit the best (or when Twi has written them :P ).

Seems like I should finally start gearing up for a Dexter post. Did we ever settle down and decided wheter there are injured soldiers at his clinic, if it is more for civillians or both?

This one is a scene that casts Reader's claim that he and Koschei are/were totes besties into doubt, so it would probably fit thematically here or close by.

I think there would be a mix. The Dalles is kind of a paramilitary city-state, so it isn't unreasonable to assume a sizable number of citizens are in the armed forces.

This one is a scene that casts Reader's claim that he and Koschei are/were totes besties into doubt, so it would probably fit thematically here or close by.

I think there would be a mix. The Dalles is kind of a paramilitary city-state, so it isn't unreasonable to assume a sizable number of citizens are in the armed forces.

Are you saying that there is someone who doesn´t love reader? Color me unsuprised! :P

That´s what I would have though, especially with the current Quicksilver skirmishes.

I follow the Once Upon a Time philosophy for flashbacks: they're best when they're tied to a unifying element that binds the past and the present. Transitional elements can include cryptic references ("It's been years since I last visited this place...") or a character simply noticing a scar or a damaged piece of scenery, then remembering when it happened.

I think the talk of Reader and his animosity towards Remington Springfield could be the perfect opportunity for a flashback.

I follow the Once Upon a Time philosophy for flashbacks: they're best when they're tied to a unifying element that binds the past and the present. Transitional elements can include cryptic references ("It's been years since I last visited this place...") or a character simply noticing a scar or a damaged piece of scenery, then remembering when it happened.

I think the talk of Reader and his animosity towards Remington Springfield could be the perfect opportunity for a flashback.

Agreed. Once Upon a Time has its flaws, but boy, do they know when to place a flashback for maximum feels. (And I really, really love what they're doing with two certain sister-princesses this season. But then again, Frozen is one of my favorite movies of all time, and the writers are doing a fantastic job with the material this season.) 

I'll post it now, then. I think it'll fit with Reader's flashback, both consecutively and thematically. 

Agreed. Once Upon a Time has its flaws, but boy, do they know when to place a flashback for maximum feels. (And I really, really love what they're doing with two certain sister-princesses this season. But then again, Frozen is one of my favorite movies of all time, and the writers are doing a fantastic job with the material this season.) 

I'll post it now, then. I think it'll fit with Reader's flashback, both consecutively and thematically. 

I'm a relative newcomer to the show, but I've been racing through the episodes and am almost caught up to the current season. Just need to finish Season 3 and I'll find out what odd twists they've put on Frozen.  ^_^  (Every time I think of Calamity-given superpowers nowadays, I hear Rumpelstiltskin's voice exclaiming "Every magic comes with a price!" :P)

Cool! Definitely looking forward to seeing more. The Remington/Koschei storyline is one of my personal favorite Oregon subplots. :)

I'll have something up in The Dalles once I finish thinking of a good Vondra post and something more to the Reader's office scene than "Backtrack whimpered."

I'm a relative newcomer to the show, but I've been racing through the episodes and am almost caught up to the current season. Just need to finish Season 3 and I'll find out what odd twists they've put on Frozen.  ^_^  (Every time I think of Calamity-given superpowers nowadays, I hear Rumpelstiltskin's voice exclaiming "Every magic comes with a price!" :P)

Cool! Definitely looking forward to seeing more. The Remington/Koschei storyline is one of my personal favorite Oregon subplots. :)

I'll have something up in The Dalles once I finish thinking of a good Vondra post and something more to the Reader's office scene than "Backtrack whimpered."

That's exactly what I think, too!  :lol: (I also have a hard time not thinking of Elsa as an Epic.) 

Thanks! :) 

Backtrack whimpered. He looked to Autumn, his lip trembling, and before he could contain it he began to cry. 

Autumn turned to Reader with a sigh. "All right, Reader, what did you do this time?" 

"Nothing! I didn't do anything! He's just a crybaby." 

​"I—am—not—a—a—crybaby!" Backtrack managed through sobs.