That's exactly what I think, too!  :lol: (I also have a hard time not thinking of Elsa as an Epic.) 

Thanks! :)

Backtrack whimpered. He looked to Autumn, his lip trembling, and before he could contain it he began to cry. 

Autumn turned to Reader with a sigh. "All right, Reader, what did you do this time?" 

"Nothing! I didn't do anything! He's just a crybaby." 

​"I—am—not—a—a—crybaby!" Backtrack managed through sobs. 

Now I'm imagining a fairy-tale version of "What Happened in Oregon," complete with Sorceress Funtimes, the Green Necromancer, and the dreaded cockatrice known as the Maker of Corpses. :D

(The song "Let it Go" would be far more ominous if envisioned as an Epic accepting her powers and corruption for the first time. :o)

"A crybaby!" Autumn scolded. "You shot him in the arm!"

Reader only huffed while Autumn knelt besides Backtrack. "It doesn't look that bad, since someone's already treated it. But it looks like you've been having a really bad day."

Backtrack stopped crying abruptly, looking at the strange redhaired woman with glistening eyes. "You... you really think so?"

"Our boys dragged you in at gunpoint, then you had to spend thirty minutes with Reader," Autumn pointed out. "I don't just think so, I know so."

Backtrack stared incredulously for a moment before smiling. "I think I love you, Ms. Glass."

Now I'm imagining a fairy-tale version of "What Happened in Oregon," complete with Sorceress Funtimes, the Green Necromancer, and the dreaded cockatrice known as the Maker of Corpses. :D

(The song "Let it Go" would be far more ominous if envisioned as an Epic accepting her powers and corruption for the first time. :o)

"A crybaby!" Autumn scolded. "You shot him in the arm!"

Reader only huffed while Autumn knelt besides Backtrack. "It doesn't look that bad, since someone's already treated it. But it looks like you've been having a really bad day."

Backtrack stopped crying abruptly, looking at the strange redhaired woman with glistening eyes. "You... you really think so?"

"Our boys dragged you in at gunpoint, then you had to spend thirty minutes with Reader," Autumn pointed out. "I don't just think so, I know so."

Backtrack stared incredulously for a moment before smiling. "I think I love you, Ms. Glass."

Rather than a reclaimed Portland suburb, Thougttown would be a charming village somewhere in Europe, run by a powerful illusionist who ensures his subjects have access to all the latest spells and news…and unceremoniously dumps all the children who don't pass his rigorous magic exams out in the forest. :o 

("Let it go, let it go, can't hold me back anymore….let it go, let it go, turn away and slam the door…." Much more sinister that way. Especially if you envision one of the more corrupt Epics, like Mobius or Lucentia.) 

Autumn smiled wanly. "Yeah, I get that a lot. Now come on. Once we make sure you're not fueled by alcohol or something, you and I can talk about what a jerk Reader is over a beer." 

"Meanieface," Reader corrected with a malicious grin. "That's what he called me." 

Backtrack's lip trembled again. "It sounded so threatening when Doctor Funtimes said it."

Rather than a reclaimed Portland suburb, Thougttown would be a charming village somewhere in Europe, run by a powerful illusionist who ensures his subjects have access to all the latest spells and news…and unceremoniously dumps all the children who don't pass his rigorous magic exams out in the forest. :o

("Let it go, let it go, can't hold me back anymore….let it go, let it go, turn away and slam the door…." Much more sinister that way. Especially if you envision one of the more corrupt Epics, like Mobius or Lucentia.) 

Autumn smiled wanly. "Yeah, I get that a lot. Now come on. Once we make sure you're not fueled by alcohol or something, you and I can talk about what a jerk Reader is over a beer." 

"Meanieface," Reader corrected with a malicious grin. "That's what he called me." 

Backtrack's lip trembled again. "It sounded so threatening when Doctor Funtimes said it."

Among Sorceress Funtimes' retinue of servants include: Nathaniel le Sperre, a minor servant from a far off land; Samantha Trattula, a quick-witted baker's daughter who may or may not be a vampire; Revolution Sunburst, who is probably a nymph of some kind, and the mysterious warrior known as Gladius Claymore.

("That perfect girl is gone..." I'd make a comic out of it if I could stop shaking for long enough. :o)

Edited by Kobold King

Among Sorceress Funtimes' retinue of servants include: Nathaniel le Sperre, a minor servant from a far off land; Samantha Trattula, a quick-witted baker's daughter who may or may not be a vampire; Revolution Sunburst, who is probably a nymph of some kind, and the mysterious warrior known as Gladius Claymore.

("That perfect girl is gone..." I'd make a comic out of it if I could stop shaking for long enough. :o)

Unlike Sorceress Funtimes, who allows her servants friends to feast upon pastries and bacon each morning, her unhappy ally the Green Necromancer forces his servants to work long into the night. This isn't due to malice on his part; the far more sinister truth is that his servants are literally unable to think for themselves, and he simply forgets about them until they fail. Instead of telling them to get a good night's sleep, he kills them with dark magic. Then he tells them to get a good night's sleep. 

However, there are rumors that Nathaniel le Sperre commanded one of the Green Necromancer's servants to think for herself, a truth that would cause the Necromancer's head to combust should it ever be made known to him. (The sight of his head exploding is one that would cause Sorceress Funtimes and Gladius Claymore no end of amusement.) 

(Don't. Don't even think about it too much. Instead, enjoy this video of a pug refusing to go to bed.) 

Unlike Sorceress Funtimes, who allows her servants friends to feast upon pastries and bacon each morning, her unhappy ally the Green Necromancer forces his servants to work long into the night. This isn't due to malice on his part; the far more sinister truth is that his servants are literally unable to think for themselves, and he simply forgets about them until they fail. Instead of telling them to get a good night's sleep, he kills them with dark magic. Then he tells them to get a good night's sleep. 

However, there are rumors that Nathaniel le Sperre commanded one of the Green Necromancer's servants to think for herself, a truth that would cause the Necromancer's head to combust should it ever be made known to him. (The sight of his head exploding is one that would cause Sorceress Funtimes and Gladius Claymore no end of amusement.) 

(Don't. Don't even think about it too much. Instead, enjoy this video of a pug refusing to go to bed.) 

The Green Necromancer has not been in power for as long as the Maker of Corpses or the far-off Altermind, but he stays in control of his floating castle by the powerful minions at his disposal.

There exist in his court a pair of married alchemists, known for duplicating even the most fantastic pieces of sorcery with their clever studies. The one is called Jeffrey Carlisle, whose coat of arms sports a purple phoenix rising from flames against a field of shadow. His beautiful wife is called Marigold the Sweet, who is a statuesque princess with an affinity for animals rivaling even the legendary Snow White.

While the alchemists are well loved, there are other, darker aspects of the Necromancer's court. Every so often, the merciless black knight called the Hound is set loose upon the populace, allowed to slaughter peasants and nobles alike in his mad lust for blood. The Hound is known for a cruelty above and beyond any ogre or werewolf--he even keeps a sorceress in chains and a collar as his personal pet. His love of pain, torture, and suffering is known all too well.

There are those who wear crude charms around their necks, inscribed with a simple phrase to ward away his evil. The phrase can be found in every language, coupled with all manner of runes and glyphs. The phrase is simple but stands as a beacon of hope for those who fear his evil--"And then the Night-Hound died."

(Ah. Much better.  ^_^)

Edited by Kobold King

The Green Necromancer has not been in power for as long as the Maker of Corpses or the far-off Altermind, but he stays in control of his floating castle by the powerful minions at his disposal.

There exist in his court a pair of married alchemists, known for duplicating even the most fantastic pieces of sorcery with their clever studies. The one is called Jeffrey Carlisle, whose coat of arms sports a purple phoenix rising from flames against a field of shadow. His beautiful wife is called Marigold the Sweet, who is a statuesque princess with an affinity for animals rivaling even the legendary Snow White.

While the alchemists are well loved, there are other, darker aspects of the Necromancer's court. Every so often, the merciless black knight called the Hound is set loose upon the populace, allowed to slaughter peasants and nobles alike in his mad lust for blood. The Hound is known for a cruelty above and beyond any ogre or werewolf--he even keeps a sorceress in chains and a collar as his personal pet. His love of pain, torture, and suffering is known all too well.

There are those who wear crude charms around their necks, inscribed with a simple phrase to ward away his evil. The phrase can be found in every language, coupled with all manner of runes and glyphs. The phrase is simple but stands as a beacon of hope for those who fear his evil--"And then the Night-Hound died."

(Ah. Much better.  ^_^)

Meanwhile, the somewhat distant kingdom of Dalle is ruled by an ordinary peasant who rose through the ranks of the Republican Army, before the rise of powerful sorcerers caused the Republic's collapse. General Vondra, as he is known to his subjects, rules Dalle with the aid of sorcerers he conscripted into his army and impressed into service on penalty of death. Harsh though that may sound, it has allowed Dalle to survive—plagued though it is by stubborn minor sorcerers and one moderately powerful diviner who treats secrets like weapons. 

All is not quite well in Dalle, however. A smaller army of unhappy sorcerers has risen up to challenge General Vondra and his kingdom. A sorcerer-knight in shining armor is making his way toward Dalle, but he may not be the savior the citizens want. He may not even be a hero. For all his supposed righteousness, this knight could be worse than all the sorcerers in Dalle. Will he become a tyrant? Only time will tell….

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I have no idea :P Vondra, what does Reader usually do?

It seems to me like he'd be assigned to Read certain suspicious parties--Epics who had caused disturbances, vanillas caught in dubious situations--to see if they were planning anything nefarious. Maybe he has a parade of minor criminals and City Guard Epics brought to him throughout the day so he can gauge their threat level? Or the best way to get them to cooperate?

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

It seems to me like he'd be assigned to Read certain suspicious parties--Epics who had caused disturbances, vanillas caught in dubious situations--to see if they were planning anything nefarious. Maybe he has a parade of minor criminals and City Guard Epics brought to him throughout the day so he can gauge their threat level? Or the best way to get them to cooperate?

That sounds like that could work, though I think I'll wait to see what Kobold King says to know for sure. 

In other news, TIMEPORT HAS A BATTLE AXE! Joe, I hope that what I said that Corpsemaker had told Timeport was okay. 

That sounds like that could work, though I think I'll wait to see what Kobold King says to know for sure.

In other news, TIMEPORT HAS A BATTLE AXE! Joe, I hope that what I said that Corpsemaker had told Timeport was okay.

Oh, of course. I was just tossing out an idea.

You know, it's a good thing Funtimes doesn't know about the whole recruiting-Chimera-craze, or else she'd feel seriously left out. And when Funtimes feels left out, she teleports to Chimera's zoo with a Twinkie cake and attempts to recruit him with a "Chimera is Awesome" song she wrote on the spot. :P

Oh, of course. I was just tossing out an idea.

You know, it's a good thing Funtimes doesn't know about the whole recruiting-Chimera-craze, or else she'd feel seriously left out. And when Funtimes feels left out, she teleports to Chimera's zoo with a Twinkie cake and attempts to recruit him with a "Chimera is Awesome" song she wrote on the spot. :P

Chimera is so awesome!

He combines animals to make ama-zing things! 

Chimera is so awesome!

When he's part of my team!

Edited by mail-mi

Chimera is so awesome!

He combines animals to make ama-zing stuff!

Chimera is so awesome!

When he's part of my team!

Now picture her singing that while making it rain pancakes and carpet bombing the competition with actual carpet, and you have an accurate estimation of how her recruitment speech would go. :P

Just woke up from a dream where I was Möbius. Like anyone in that situation, I went to CarMax and watched reruns of Tool Time. :mellow:

You didn't make an infinite bag of oreos? Or even a botomless chip packet!?

Some people just don't know how to enjoy spatial distortion abilities. :P

I hope you don't mind my adding these minor Epics Twi, I'm just trying to give the MEE a bit more substance, BioMed may be a tad powerful for them I've realized but he'll be dying soon so I hope that's ok. :wacko:

What is going to happen next in the Dalles?

Don't worry too much about what's going to happen next, plot-wise. This is a very character-driven RP, and most of the time, we have no idea what's going to happen. So we just go with the flow, put our characters in situations with each other and watch how they react. (The whole Reader/Backtrack scene wasn't planned, really; it was just the natural and humorous outcome of a meeting between a colossal slontze and a cowardly man without all the relevant information.) So don't be too concerned with the next event; just spend some time getting to know your character and thinking how she'd react if she met other characters in this RP. :)

Don't worry too much about what's going to happen next, plot-wise. This is a very character-driven RP, and most of the time, we have no idea what's going to happen. So we just go with the flow, put our characters in situations with each other and watch how they react. (The whole Reader/Backtrack scene wasn't planned, really; it was just the natural and humorous outcome of a meeting between a colossal slontze and a cowardly man without all the relevant information.) So don't be too concerned with the next event; just spend some time getting to know your character and thinking how she'd react if she met other characters in this RP. :)

The experts plan is improvisation. B) Although, the Quicksilver people might want to throw some preparaitons in for whatever kind of headquarters they have.

Just to put the last Portland post straight for me. BioMech rode past PP and Saccharine on a bike and neither they nor the animal spies noticed him, so they couldn´t react in time when he cut PP´s throath. (which will probably make him go insane again.)

The experts plan is improvisation. B) Although, the Quicksilver people might want to throw some preparaitons in for whatever kind of headquarters they have.

Just to put the last Portland post straight for me. BioMech rode past PP and Saccharine on a bike and neither they nor the animal spies noticed him, so they couldn´t react in time when he cut PP´s throath. (which will probably make him go insane again.)

My guess was either PP and Saccharine, or a very deranged vanilla Koschei wannabe and his equally deranged girlfriend. O.o

Yeah that was PP and Saccharine, and it was more that they just didn't think that some guy on a bike was necessarily a threat until he'd already got close enough. And yes, he will be going somewhat insane again, because otherwise why would he be with the Whacko Brigade? :P (Repackage it as the Empire of Light all you want Lightwards, it will always be the Whacko Brigade to me :P)

My guess was either PP and Saccharine, or a very deranged vanilla Koschei wannabe and his equally deranged girlfriend. O.o

My first thought was honestly Koschei and Mommy, and my second thought was "why haven't they killed each other yet?"

Just woke up from a dream where I was Möbius. Like anyone in that situation, I went to CarMax and watched reruns of Home Improvement. :mellow:

So in other words, you were the nicest and least murder-y Epic to take the name "Möbius" in history. :P

I had weird dreams too last night, though mine weren't precisely Oregon-related. I dreamed that I was reading Firefight, which started normally enough before spiralling into a bizarre crossover with Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy:wacko: