Looking forward to it.

Hmm... the Oncoming Storm? Something that describes the way they destroy towns, perhaps? Annihilators, Eradicators, Obliterators, Exterminators, etc.

I'm not very good with names...  -_-

If you call them "The Oncoming Storm," Nathan will be seriously torn between fleeing for his life and staying long enough to see if they know the proper pronunciation of "Allons-y." ;) 

If you call them "The Oncoming Storm," Nathan will be seriously torn between fleeing for his life and staying long enough to see if they know the proper pronunciation of "Allons-y." ;)

...Do we dare to make an Epic based off of David Tennant?

Do we dare live every Sanderfan's/Whovian's dream? :P

0.o

Um, no. That would be a good way to create the Master. Or something so horrible that the Master would run to big brother Koschei for protection. :o

Ooh! And then we can have Möbius create a bubble universe inside of the phone booth to truly create the TARDIS! And then Möbius can be Timeport's companion :o

Actual uncut conversation between me and my sister:

Me: You know, if I were a fairy tale villain, I wouldn't explain my plan. When the hero said "Why are you doing this?" I'd go "YOLO!" and walk away.

Sister: Why YOLO?

Me: Only terrible people say YOLO. I'm pretty sure Steelheart said it once or twice. (Pause) You're picturing it, aren't you?

Sister: Yeah. Thanks.

If I were a Fairy tale Villain, I would explain the Hero's plan as my own, just to confuse him.

Also, Kobold mentioned this, but how a bout an Epic who can hear background music, the kind that changes depending on the situation, giving him increased awareness of his surroundings. Or would that simply be another Protagonist power?

If I were a Fairy tale Villain, I would explain the Hero's plan as my own, just to confuse him.

Also, Kobold mentioned this, but how a bout an Epic who can hear background music, the kind that changes depending on the situation, giving him increased awareness of his surroundings. Or would that simply be another Protagonist power?

"And then I will sneak into your castle through the ventilation ducts, burst in at the last minute, and foil your evil scheme!"

"...Uh, what? That's... that's exactly what I just did!"

"Don't try to shake my resolve, villain! You will pay for killing my father!"

"You killed my father!"

"Lies! Also, sudden-fireball-to-the-face."

Can this Epic's name be "Soundtrack," or would that just make Backtrack/Soundtrack shipping a terrifying new thing? :P

Can this Epic's name be "Soundtrack," or would that just make Backtrack/Soundtrack shipping a terrifying new thing? :P

Soundtrack stopped in her tracks, grinning. Sparks, that girl could grin. "And what happened here?" 

"Uh, when? Because three days ago some hobo statue turned back into a guy so he could yell at some kid for stealing his whiskey." 

She laughed. "Further than that. Try three years ago." 

Backtrack closed his eyes. It was easier to focus that way, especially with Soundtrack grinning that crazy grin of hers. He peered into the past, his eyes widening in surprise. "There was a carnival." 

"And?" 

"And….there were games." 

"And? What was right here, right where you're standing?" 

Backtrack looked again, a slow smile spreading across his face. "No way."

"What was it?" 

She already knew, Backtrack could tell, but he said it anyway. "A kissing booth." 

Soundtrack pulled him into her arms and kissed him there, as the voice of Sebastian singing "Kiss the Girl" played from nowhere at all.

Soundtrack stopped in her tracks, grinning. Sparks, that girl could grin. "And what happened here?" 

"Uh, when? Because three days ago some hobo statue turned back into a guy so he could yell at some kid for stealing his whiskey." 

She laughed. "Further than that. Try three years ago." 

Backtrack closed his eyes. It was easier to focus that way, especially with Soundtrack grinning that crazy grin of hers. He peered into the past, his eyes widening in surprise. "There was a carnival." 

"And?" 

"And….there were games." 

"And? What was right here, right where you're standing?" 

Backtrack looked again, a slow smile spreading across his face. "No way."

"What was it?" 

She already knew, Backtrack could tell, but he said it anyway. "A kissing booth." 

Soundtrack pulled him into her arms and kissed him there, as the voice of Sebastian singing "Kiss the Girl" played from nowhere at all.

That... that was actually not terrifying at all. It was actually sweet, adorable, and awesome.  ^_^

But unfortunately it can never be canon, as it would only serve to make Backtrack's life more pleasant. And we can't have that, now can we?  :ph34r:  :P

That... that was actually not terrifying at all. It was actually sweet, adorable, and awesome.  ^_^

But unfortunately it can never be canon, as it would only serve to make Backtrack's life more pleasant. And we can't have that, now can we?  :ph34r:  :P

I'm writing another Koschei flashback. I need sweet and adorable to take the edge off.  :mellow:  :P

Not while we're trying to scare him straight, no. Now, if he were to meet Soundtrack, who moved to The Dalles to try and straighten herself out, after Koschei scares him out of his apathy, and they share some cute moments as they both recover from Calamity's corruption…well.  :ph34r:

I'm writing another Koschei flashback. I need sweet and adorable to take the edge off.  :mellow:  :P

Not while we're trying to scare him straight, no. Now, if he were to meet Soundtrack, who moved to The Dalles to try and straighten herself out, after Koschei scares him out of his apathy, and they share some cute moments as they both recover from Calamity's corruption…well.  :ph34r:

Do I need to post another picture of Koschei sharing muffins with Derpy Hooves? :P

MV will be heartbroken. Not that she likes him, of course. :P

Do I need to post another picture of Koschei sharing muffins with Derpy Hooves? :P

MV will be heartbroken. Not that she likes him, of course. :P

Yes please. :) And maybe one of Reader winning a Most Punchable Face contest…and receiving his prize. :P 

No, of course not. She's not even heartbroken. She's just sitting on the couch eating a gallon of rocky road ice cream right out of the tub because she felt like it. And she's crying because Impact picked that day to chop every onion in The Dalles. :P

Yes please. :) And maybe one of Reader winning a Most Punchable Face contest…and receiving his prize. :P

No, of course not. She's not even heartbroken. She's just sitting on the couch eating a gallon of rocky road ice cream right out of the tub because she felt like it. And she's crying because Impact picked that day to chop every onion in The Dalles. :P

Or perhaps a Most Shootable Arm contest against Backtrack ;)

Or perhaps a Most Shootable Arm contest against Backtrack ;)

That sounds like a very painful contest.  :wacko: I would not want to be the winner, or even a runner-up. 

Edit: I think I'll split the next Koschei flashback into two parts. The first half takes place just outside the church, which should be easy to justify, and then the one after that takes place in the woods just outside the church. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Cool! I think they have had their power for a while, fourish years, but have come to the Dalles only in the last year because hey we're seeking a stable place to live. That's the only power they have, so they aren't capable of any fighting. I haven't decided on gender yet. I'll get their profile up soon.

Thanks! Two of the other three Epics in the group are Hawkwing (tentative name) and a technomancer.

Any ideas on names for the group?

They?

I withold ideas until I have the details of the group.

...Do we dare to make an Epic based off of David Tennant?

Do we dare live every Sanderfan's/Whovian's dream? :P

I would prefer a Matt Smith Epic to be honest.

Actual uncut conversation between me and my sister:

Me: You know, if I were a fairy tale villain, I wouldn't explain my plan. When the hero said "Why are you doing this?" I'd go "YOLO!" and walk away.

Sister: Why YOLO?

Me: Only terrible people say YOLO. I'm pretty sure Steelheart said it once or twice. (Pause) You're picturing it, aren't you?

Sister: Yeah. Thanks.

Myself I would just tell the heroes a lie that makes sense but totally isn´t what I´m going to do.

You discovered Nighthounds secret plan. :ph34r:

Call me immature, but whenever I hear about any powers involving "winds" or "gases" I think of one of the superhero interviews from The Incredibles bonus features. 

"I can control gases, which has often made me the butt of many a cruel joke—wait, why are you laughing? Oh, right, I said 'butt'! Laugh it up!" 

How mature (or immature) are these crewmates of hers? :P

Well, Cannon Ball is a thirteen year old boy...

I'm changing one of my pirate epics, seeing as others already have or want epics that control wind

Tariq Wakahn is no longer Typhoon, now he's just Tariq Wakahn.

Primary: He can control sound and sight, increasing them or decreasing them on himself or others. He can gain or grant superb eyesight, or he can make someone completely blind. He can target individuals, or he can blind everyone within a certain radius. The changes stay in effect until he removes them. With sound, he can increase hearing or he can Silence people, rendering them incapable of producing and noise. He can do the same to himself, making him incredibly stealthy, or he can make himself incredibly loud. He can also create an aura of silence, void of sound. No one except him can hear anything.

Passive: can see and hear through illusions, both mental and physical distortions of light, sound, etc.  

A tall, muscular Jamaican man, with thick black dreads.  His clothing consists of brown vest, ragged grey trousers, and a wide-brimmed hat. He seems amicable, relaxed, laid-back, until you irk him. Then the next thing you know, he's pinned you to the mast with pointy objects through your arm. Serves as gunner or lookout, depending on the situation.

Carries a bolt action sniper rifle without a scope and a long machete.

The funny thing is that we have multiple characters for whom the expression "You Only Live Once" is inaccurate. :P

If someone were to say "YOLO" to Lightwards, would they receive a long lecture about the many inaccuracies of that phrase and why saying it to him in particular was an especially egregious mistake? :P

If someone were to say "YOLO" to Lightwards, would they receive a long lecture about the many inaccuracies of that phrase and why saying it to him in particular was an especially egregious mistake? :P

"Firstly, that expression was originally used as a phrase meaning 'you shouldn't throw your life away.' Idiots like you adopted the phrase to justify moronic behavior. Secondly, it is no longer a universally accurate phrase given the number of resurrection Epics currently residing in this city. I happen to be one of them, and I have lived no fewer than four consecutive times. Thirdly, you yourself are about to begin a bold second life in my service."

"Firstly, that expression was originally used as a phrase meaning 'you shouldn't throw your life away.' Idiots like you adopted the phrase to justify moronic behavior. Secondly, it is no longer a universally accurate phrase given the number of resurrection Epics currently residing in this city. I happen to be one of them, and I have lived no fewer than four consecutive times. Thirdly, you yourself are about to begin a bold second life in my service."

Koschei, who operated on the assumption that YOLO is "Carpe Diem" for morons, would simply shoot the offending party, nudge the body with his boot, and say "You only live once."

Speaking of, there be a new flashback for him. :ph34r:

Koschei, who operated on the assumption that YOLO is "Carpe Diem" for morons, would simply shoot the offending party, nudge the body with his boot, and say "You only live once."

Speaking of, there be a new flashback for him. :ph34r:

Yes, but Lightwards was a professor with a firmly ingrained habit of lecturing people, while Koschei was a humble Oregon DJ. :P

Awesome! Do I need to set it up somehow with Backtrack?