That would be a bit OP. I wish they could.

Speaking of OP, I just thought of a Use for Murphy's Power. If CorpseMaker were to tell him to target any plans the Enemy had for dealing With himself, then Murphy's Power would detect project Amber, and Give Murphy the Idea of having CorpseMaker carry around a deadman's switch, attached to a bomb. If he went 24 hours without pressing a button on it, it would blow up. Thus preventing him from being trapped permanently.

When I made Murphy, he was intended to have a minor power. But the more I think about it, he might be the Most OP character in this RP.

In the vaguely planned "What Happened in Astoria," Edgedancer would be RPing as four intensely powerful High Epic despots + Nighthound. We've discussed making the Astoria thread a setting more welcome for a higher power level.

That is a good use for Murphy's power. And personally, I love him both as a character and as an interesting example of bizarre Epic powers. :D

Lightwards and Sharkbait. Plus, you stole Chi's attribute sapping power! :P (I'm just kidding, it's cool and different enough.)

Oh yeah. I guess I'm just fond of that general idea, being a farmer who puts up with obnoxious and disobedient animals. :P

Anyone heard of Megalodon? It was a tremendous, whale-eating shark that used to terrorize the earth's oceans.

e499c276d3fb54ed0665fe29f86813b6.jpg?ito

VMNH_megalodon.jpg

It's a good thing Sharkbait would never get the chance to control one of these monsters, eh? He'd have to meet up with some theoretical Epic who can bring extinct species back to life, which of course is completely implausible.

That would be a bit OP. I wish they could.

Speaking of OP, I just thought of a Use for Murphy's Power. If CorpseMaker were to tell him to target any plans the Enemy had for dealing With himself, then Murphy's Power would detect project Amber, and Give Murphy the Idea of having CorpseMaker carry around a deadman's switch, attached to a bomb. If he went 24 hours without pressing a button on it, it would blow up. Thus preventing him from being trapped permanently.

When I made Murphy, he was intended to have a minor power. But the more I think about it, he might be the Most OP character in this RP.

You know, with Astoria we have a location in planning that´s made for a pretty high power scale. (hint hint nudge nudge)

Not sure if a bomb would work, it would have been small enough to carry around, which means Lucentia could probably put him into a big enough prision.

There´s always the option to down-scale his power, if you think it´s to strong for example making it so he can´t affect concepts such as planns. Not that you have to. (Although, a part of me is happy that someone shares my opinion that a couple of the "minor" Epics have pretty devasting powers.)

In the vaguely planned "What Happened in Astoria," Edgedancer would be RPing as four intensely powerful High Epic despots + Nighthound. We've discussed making the Astoria thread a setting more welcome for a higher power level.

That is a good use for Murphy's power. And personally, I love him both as a character and as an interesting example of bizarre Epic powers. :D

Oh yeah. I guess I'm just fond of that general idea, being a farmer who puts up with obnoxious and disobedient animals. :P

Anyone heard of Megalodon? It was a tremendous, whale-eating shark that used to terrorize the earth's oceans.

e499c276d3fb54ed0665fe29f86813b6.jpg?ito

VMNH_megalodon.jpg

It's a good thing Sharkbait would never get the chance to control one of these monsters, eh? He'd have to meet up with some theoretical Epic who can bring extinct species back to life, which of course is completely implausible.

It's almost like the different area threads are different intensity levels, like they have for theme park roller coasters. :P

Portland: Medium-high intensity. Powerful Epics, though none approaching Steelheart's level, roam the city and attempt to carve out territory. Evil necromancer's, Knight Templar illusionists, human Basilisks, and matter manipulators with something close to a split personality are welcome.

The Dalles: Medium intensity. Epics here are essentially in rehab, though flashbacks to a certain Deathless Epic may be disturbing. Beware crime rings and knights in shining armor.

Astoria: High intensity. Four High Epic despots and a living trollface rule this town. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

Yeah. Good thing we don't have any Epics who raised living dinosaurs from skeletons, right?

So Blackwave would be welcome to Attack Astoria?

STORMS YEAH!

Alright then. Anybody else have an Epic they'd like to join his Crew? Cause apparently there's going to be a Cannon Appearance.

Set charts for Astoria, me hearties!

Astoria is located by a coast, right? Because if not the Tidebreaker might have a minor geography problem.

Yeah. Good thing we don't have any Epics who raised living dinosaurs from skeletons, right?

Ugh. That would break all my suspension of disbelief.

Astoria is located by a coast, right? Because if not the Tidebreaker might have a minor geography problem.

Ugh. That would break all my suspension of disbelief.

It's coastland.

You know, with all these High Epics, I might just add a vanilla to my characters in addition to The Financier. Maybe a quiet serving girl who has gotten real tired of Lucentia's crap. :P

I know, right?

STORMS YEAH!

Alright then. Anybody else have an Epic they'd like to join his Crew? Cause apparently there's going to be a Cannon Appearance.

I just thought of another:

Someone who has an internal radar. He can sense land and other ships in the area.

It's coastland.

You know, with all these High Epics, I might just add a vanilla to my characters in addition to The Financier. Maybe a quiet serving girl who has gotten real tired of Lucentia's crap. :P

I know, right?

Awesome. I should really check out a broader map of Oregon.

And thus begins the sweet romance of Nathan and Natalie, the servers who just want to go home. :P

Really, I think if Sharkbait ever got his own Megalodon from such an absurd scenario, the thread would have officially jumped the shark.

It's a Town in Oregon. We have the most Interesting Names. Battle Ground, Boring, Tillamook, Sweet Home, Junction City, Dexter. All proud Cities of Oregon.

A Google search claims that Battle Ground is a town in Washington, not Oregon.

But Oregonian cities definitely have cool names. :D

Awesome. I should really check out a broader map of Oregon.

And thus begins the sweet romance of Nathan and Natalie, the servers who just want to go home. :P

Really, I think if Sharkbait ever got his own Megalodon from such an absurd scenario, the thread would have officially jumped the shark.

"So I'm just sitting there, drinking a glass of water, when Lucentia--"

"Wait, you worked for Lucentia?"

"Yeah."

"Wow, I'm sorry. That really sucks."

"Yeah, try being the one who has to brush her hair every morning."

"What does she do?"

"She talks. The whole time."

"Do you need a hug?"

Wow, a TVTropes reference and a pun all in one joke. B)

No it's not, it's just North of Portland. Which now that I think of it, is on the Southern bank of the Vancouver River, which is Oregon's Northern Border.

My Life is a Lie.

This does make me wonder how states like Washington were affected by Oregon's destruction. Logically, you'd expect them to have some degree of damage, since it's kind of ludicrous to imagine the Oregon state border having an ash-coated wasteland on one side and an idyllic paradise on the other. Natural disasters usually don't fit state borders so perfectly. :P

This does make me wonder how states like Washington were affected by Oregon's destruction. Logically, you'd expect them to have some degree of damage, since it's kind of ludicrous to imagine the Oregon state border having an ash-coated wasteland on one side and an idyllic paradise on the other. Natural disasters usually don't fit state borders so perfectly. :P

They can, if you have a certain spatial-distortion Epic who for some reason decided to protect Washington to mess with a certain necromancer who tried to kill her that one time. :ph34r::P

It would probably depend on how far north the battles raged. At this point, it looks like some of Northwest Oregon will be spared, since there aren't a lot of turf wars in that area, while north central Oregonian battles (near The Dalles) will probably go into part of southern Washington.

Edit: Fear not, Curiosity. You will be hearing from Koschei again very soon. :ph34r:

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

It's a Town in Oregon. We have the most Interesting Names. Battle Ground, Boring, Tillamook, Sweet Home, Junction City, Dexter. All proud Cities of Oregon.

Wow. That sounds cool. Battle Ground sounds like a place Epics would set up shop.

I have the idea for a minor Epic who can quickly translate and memorize any language or code. Is there anywhere I could use them? Vondra is the first person I think of, unless there's other ideas?

STORMS YEAH!

Sure is.

It is. From how I imagined it parts of the Columbia River are blocked of by diamonds, so the Tidebreaker could set anchor in Youngs bay trying to get the barricade lifted... or they just come raiding, works perfectly fine for pirates.

It's coastland.

I know, right?

I already pitty the poor woman. Her suffering might be alleviated by Lucentia randomly rotating at random through multiple serving girls, keeping her from dealing with her every day, Mary is more likely to have a permanent handmaiden. What would make it worse is that such servants would be imprisioned in the inner Sanctum even if they have no way of knowing anything important.

I just thought of another:

Someone who has an internal radar. He can sense land and other ships in the area.

I name ye Sonar or Ping... maybe both.

True, after the events in Portland it would even make perfect sense for Lucentia to attack Baker Bay but sadly it is protected by it´s proximity to Cape Disappointment. Are we going to move through Oregon from North to South?

So, I am less busy, and I get on and see this!  What is happening, it looks awesome.  I think I will try to read the pages I missed this weekend, but a summary would be appreciated.

For the Question I think the only really important arrangements are Joe starting to create an Epic pirate Crew and talk about making an active thread for Astoria, which would then be attacked by the pirates. There have of coure also been many jokes and some planning for the moment.

In case you also want something for Portland and the Dalles, I would appreciate a reminder from which point on.

In Portland, the time skip has happened. Altermind arrived at the meeting with Ligtwards. Remington and Alice met the Reckoners and Max. Refill tried to recruit Chi, but was turned down. Timeport is going to try next to recruit Chimera. Corpsemaker is gearing up for war. The MEE attack on TT should start soon. I think I got the main things.

In Portland, the time skip has happened. Altermind arrived at the meeting with Ligtwards. Remington and Alice met the Reckoners and Max. Refill tried to recruit Chi, but was turned down. Timeport is going to try next to recruit Chimera. Corpsemaker is gearing up for war. The MEE attack on TT should start soon. I think I got the main things.

Also Lightwards took Sam´s mother hostage and killed a family friend for zombyfication, planning to reavel this subtily at the meeting. Currently he and Lucentia are at the museum making final preparations for meeting with Altermind.

I wonder if trying to recruit Chimera will turn into something of a running gag.

"Hi. Chimera, is it?"

"No, I'm not going to join your stupid alliance!"

"...I was just going to tell you that you left your headlights on."

"Oh."

Chimera: And nobody cares about my personality! They only care about my powers, not getting to know the real me!

Upgrade: Yeah, join the club.

Chimera: NO!