"Whoah whoah whoah, what are you doing? You know your arthritis acts up when you punch people--"

* punch *

"Ow! OK, so you decided it was worth the price. But really, think of the negative example you'd be sending your kid! 'Yes, Timmy, violence solves all your problems...'"

* punch *

"Agh! Good point, little Timothy isn't actually in here to watch you doing this. But really, what would your parents think of this? What would dear, departed--"

* punch * punch * punch * punch *

How convenient that Remington doesn't have arthritis. :ph34r:

"Whoah whoah whoah, what are you doing? You know your arthritis acts up when you punch people--"

* punch *

"Ow! OK, so you decided it was worth the price. But really, think of the negative example you'd be sending your kid! 'Yes, Timmy, violence solves all your problems...'"

* punch *

"Agh! Good point, little Timothy isn't actually in here to watch you doing this. But really, what would your parents think of this? What would dear, departed--"

* punch * punch * punch * punch *

This looks like a job for One Punch Man.

How convenient that Remington doesn't have arthritis. :ph34r:

I can't express how much I want Remington to punch every Epic in the RP. :P

This looks like a job for One Punch Man.

Is that an Epic? Because it sounds like an Epic. :P

Unrelated to this RP in every conceivable way... but has anyone else seen Dark Water, part one of this year's Doctor Who finale?

I can't express how much I want Remington to punch every Epic in the RP. :P

Is that an Epic? Because it sounds like an Epic. :P

Unrelated to this RP in every conceivable way... but has anyone else seen Dark Water, part one of this year's Doctor Who finale?

You want him to punch Funtimes and Voidgaze, you meany! :P

No it´s a gag manga about a guy that defeats everything with only one punch and he´s very bored by it.

I have it recorded but didn´t have the chance to watch it yet.

Edited by Edgedancer

You want him to punch Funtimes and Voidgaze, you meany! :P

No it´s a gag manga about a guy that defeats everything with only one punch and he´s very bored by it.

I have it recorded but didn´t have the chance to watch it yet.

That's "dirty meanieface full of lame," thank you very much. :P

Can he meet Reader?

Thanks to grad school, I'm so behind on DW it's not even funny. :(

That's "dirty meanieface full of lame," thank you very much. :P

Can he meet Reader?

Thanks to grad school, I'm so behind on DW it's not even funny. :(

What did you call Kobold just now, you.... you insane rainbow vampire. :P

Sure, he can also meet Nighthound.

I marvel at the part where you comment on our triffle jokes and witty comebacks. Admidetly, I don´t quite understand why you would want to turn the Dalles into a giant popsicle. Sure, it sounds good on paper but I doubt the people living there would like it also Funtimes isn´t even in town yet. :huh::P

I marvel at the part where you comment on our triffle jokes and witty comebacks. Admidetly, I don´t quite understand why you would want to turn the Dalles into a giant popsicle. Sure, it sounds good on paper but I doubt the people living there would like it also Funtimes isn´t even in town yet. :huh::P

I'm still wondering when Reader not only learned to pilot the International Space Station, but learned to do it with such precision he can successfully brush the rooftops without crushing the houses. Also, wouldn't Möbius be a little upset about someone using her bedroom to dump 300 tons of grape soda on The Dalles? :P

I'm still wondering when Reader not only learned to pilot the International Space Station, but learned to do it with such precision he can successfully brush the rooftops without crushing the houses. Also, wouldn't Möbius be a little upset about someone using her bedroom to dump 300 tons of grape soda on The Dalles? :P

He read the manual, didn´t he? :huh: Sure he left the brakes on but that only prevented him from crashing into the houses head on and they sounded suprisingly pleasant.

I´m sure Möbius would be very angry, if she didn´t get to treat Nighthound and Lightwards to a round of vulcano jojo at the moment.

Here's Hawkwing's Bio:

Epic Name: Hawkwing

Human Name: Howard Winchester

Weakness: <PM'd to the GM>

Primary Power: Adaptations:

-Wings. Hawkwing can grow wings out of his back. He can also turn his arms into more powerful wings, but most often uses his back to leave his arms available.

-Talons. His feet can turn into sharp talons, most often used to drop people from heights.

Secondary Power: Hawksight. Like hawks, Hawkwing has the ability to see magnetic fields and the ultraviolet spectrum as well as sharper vision to see from high above.

Passive Power: Rebirth. Like a Phoenix, Hawkwing is reborn after a death. When he dies, his dead body burns and leaves only ashes. The body then reforms anew at the age he was when he was first granted powers: 34. He also can survive on very small amounts of oxygen, allowing him to fly very high.

Appearance: About six feet, Hawkwing is a thin man. He has sandy blond hair and hazel eyes. He wears a belt with pouches for ammo over khaki pants with a white button-up shirt. His shirt has an insignia of golden wings and the shoulders have gold thread.

Age: 41, in reality, but he was reborn again recently and is, for all intents, 35.

Home City: Boulder, CO.

Weaponry: two MP7A1 guns, which are personal defense machine guns. He carries lots of ammo for these in pouches on his belt. His attack style tends to be flying up in the air and letting loose with his machine guns.

Howard Winchester was John Guevir's close friend in college. They both studied zoology, but with different interests. John liked predatory cats and Howard was interested in birds of prey. They worked together often, traveling the west United States doing research. While John was very scientific and took logical approaches to everything, Howard had a fancy for the mystical. He was intrigued by legends and myths. Of all of them, the Phoenix's was his favorite. The idea of being born from ashes and the fact that it was a bird made it Howard's interest.

And Metalmech's:

Epic Name: Metalmech (?)

Human Name: Mason Morris

Primary Power: Able to control mechanical items (guns, vehicles, etc.) within a twenty meter radius.

Secondary Power: Able to shape metal with a touch.

Passive Power: Able to sense mechanisms within a hundred foot radius.

Appearance: Metalmech has a buzz cut of light brown hair. He has green eyes and wears silver clothes with a metal breastplate underneath. He created a mechanical mask of metal that can be changed to show emotion. He wears it over his face as protection, intimidation factor, and as easy access to spare metal.

Home City: Detroit

Weaponry: Metalmech carries a handmade rifle that can also launch grenades. It is customized so that there is no trigger. He controls it all from his mind. Metalmech is also usually in charge of the group's tank. He is left near it so that he can drive and fire it remotely. He mounted machine guns to the top of the tank as well, adding even more firepower.

Mason was an engineering student in college who worked as a mechanic. He had always tinkered with metal and little mechanisms. His father had been the same way and he had grown up around them. After Calamity granted him his powers, he took control of the police department's cars and guns and wreaked havoc on his hometown. He was recruited by Jag.

I'm working on the last Epic's bio. Any name suggestions for Metalmech? I'm not particularly fond of it.

I'm also taking suggestions to name the group and the last Epic. He can create force field, go invisibile, and change density.

Here's Hawkwing's Bio:

-Wings. Hawkwing can grow wings out of his back. He can also turn his arms into more powerful wings, but most often uses his back to leave his arms available.

-Talons. His feet can turn into sharp talons, most often used to drop people from heights.

Secondary Power: Hawksight. Like hawks, Hawkwing has the ability to see magnetic fields and the ultraviolet spectrum as well as sharper vision to see from high above.

Passive Power: Rebirth. Like a Phoenix, Hawkwing is reborn after a death. When he dies, his dead body burns and leaves only ashes. The body then reforms anew at the age he was when he was first granted powers: 34. He also can survive on very small amounts of oxygen, allowing him to fly very high.

Appearance: About six feet, Hawkwing is a thin man. He has sandy blond hair and hazel eyes. He wears a belt with pouches for ammo over khaki pants with a white button-up shirt. His shirt has an insignia of golden wings and the shoulders have gold thread.

Age: 41, in reality, but he was reborn again recently and is, for all intents, 35.

Weaponry: two MP7A1 guns, which are personal defense machine guns. He carries lots of ammo for these in pouches on his belt. His attack style tends to be flying up in the air and letting loose with his machine guns.

Howard Winchester was John Guevir's close friend in college. They both studied zoology, but with different interests. John liked predatory cats and Howard was interested in birds of prey. They worked together often, traveling the west United States doing research. While John was very scientific and took logical approaches to everything, Howard had a fancy for the mystical. He was intrigued by legends and myths. Of all of them, the Phoenix's was his favorite. The idea of being born from ashes and the fact that it was a bird made it Howard's interest.

And Metalmech's:

Primary Power: Able to control mechanical items (guns, vehicles, etc.) within a twenty meter radius.

Appearance: Metalmech has a buzz cut of light brown hair. He has green eyes and wears silver clothes with a metal breastplate underneath. He created a mechanical mask of metal that can be changed to show emotion. He wears it over his face as protection, intimidation factor, and as easy access to spare metal.

Weaponry: Metalmech carries a handmade rifle that can also launch grenades. It is customized so that there is no trigger. He controls it all from his mind. Metalmech is also usually in charge of the group's tank. He is left near it so that he can drive and fire it remotely. He mounted machine guns to the top of the tank as well, adding even more firepower.

Mason was an engineering student in college who worked as a mechanic. He had always tinkered with metal and little mechanisms. His father had been the same way and he had grown up around them. After Calamity granted him his powers, he took control of the police department's cars and guns and wreaked havoc on his hometown. He was recruited by Jag.

I'm working on the last Epic's bio. Any name suggestions for Metalmech? I'm not particularly fond of it.

I'm also taking suggestions to name the group and the last Epic. He can create force field, go invisibile, and change density.

Your respect is at 1234! Nobody give him any upvotes!

I don't actually have anything helpful to say. Sorry  :P

EDIT: HOW COULD YOU??!?!?!

Edited by mail-mi

Here's Hawkwing's Bio:

And Metalmech's:

I like them both. :) Odd question about Hawkwing, though: Is he used to losing a lot of shirts, does he wear special shirts, or does he simply go shirtless in favor of a poncho he can take off when he wants to use his wings? I know that's a weird thing to ask about, but I'm wondering. 

With Metalmech, if he tells a gun lying on its side in the back of a flatbed truck to fire, will it fire from its current position, or can he levitate it enough for it to fire? How much control would he exert over, say, a laptop with a part-metal, part-plastic chip inside? Would he be able to operate the computer as intended, or would he be forced to turn it into a very expensive club? 

Also, I think I found a song for Max. 

Your respect is at 1234! Nobody give him any upvotes!

I don't actually have anything helpful to say. Sorry :P

EDIT: HOW COULD YOU??!?!?!

Sorry, I guess Hawkwing and Metalmech are too cool. :P

I like them both. :) Odd question about Hawkwing, though: Is he used to losing a lot of shirts, does he wear special shirts, or does he simply go shirtless in favor of a poncho he can take off when he wants to use his wings? I know that's a weird thing to ask about, but I'm wondering.

With Metalmech, if he tells a gun lying on its side in the back of a flatbed truck to fire, will it fire from its current position, or can he levitate it enough for it to fire? How much control would he exert over, say, a laptop with a part-metal, part-plastic chip inside? Would he be able to operate the computer as intended, or would he be forced to turn it into a very expensive club?

Also, I think I found a

for Max.
I thought about that too. He wears shirts with slits cut for his wings with a white and gold trim suit coat over top that he discards when he flies.

He could fire it from its position. He can't move metal around except to control the mechanism. He can't add features to it though. If that makes sense. He can't control technology, so the laptop would only be able to be opened and such. He would have to use it regularly to actually do anything techy.

Here's the last guy's power set:

Primary Power: Force fields. Able to create force fields with up to a twenty foot radius. He can create them with himself as the center or he can create it somewhere else, but only a maximum of fifteen meters away. The force fields block all materials from entering or exiting.

Secondary Power: He is able to control his own density as well as objects he is touching. He can increase his/objects' density, making them impervious. Or he can decrease density, allowing him to be intangible, semi-transparent, and he can float around. He often lowers a part of his body's density, eg his hand, and reaches inside someone and then increases the density of his hand, causing extreme pain or death.

Any name ideas? I'm stuck on this one.

Edit: that song is great,Twi! :) Perfect for Max. Speaking of, it's Remington's turn.

Edited by Mailliw73

All right, I think I have the Financier's bio ready….

Epic Name: The Financier (known as Monsieur de Finance to his subordinates) 

Primary Power: Number-crunching. The Financier can take strings of numbers (latitude, longitude, date, number of warriors on his team, number of weapons, etc.) and, by solving for the variables, can determine when the next threat will arrive, whether it is a major or a minor threat, where it will be, etc. He can also solve for X and find out what's for lunch next Tuesday. Battles require pencil and paper (never, ever, ever complete a math assignment in pen!) but a small prediction (lunch on Tuesday) can be completed in his head. 

Secondary Power: Basic math, especially multiplication and division. Zero is his favorite number. When he multiplies an object up to the size of a tank by zero, it vanishes; this only applies to objects, not sentient beings. (He could, however, multiply an assailant's weapons by zero, even if they were hidden in his clothes. Fortunately for all, the Financier has no interest in multiplying clothes by zero.) Dividing by zero causes a temporal disturbance that resets everything within a ten-mile radius to ten minutes before he divided. However, division by zero kills him, so he only does it when they are out of options because….

Passive Power: Upon death, he resurrects precisely one hundred seconds later. However, each death causes him to see numbers as increasingly violent living entities, so he holds death in the same regard he holds numbers: something evil to be avoided at all costs. 

Modus Operandi: WHAT THE SPARKING SPARKS IS THIS SHEET OF NUMBERS DOING ON MY DESK? Oh, you want me to crunch them. I'll crunch them. Those numbers—oh, they're wily, they are. That 7. He thinks he's perfect. Everyone in the whole world thinks he's perfect, but I'm wise to you, 7. I know your tricks. You're just like the rest of those horrible, horrible numbers—and I will crunch you. I will crunch you! No, I'm not giving you my pistol—are you mad? Do you aim to leave me unguarded from this numbers? Oh, if I could multiply you by zero, you'd be multiplied by every zero in the world!

Edit: Should I post for Remington now, or wait for Kobold to post for Lightwards? 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Here's Hawkwing's Bio:

And Metalmech's:

I like them both! Don't have many ideas for alternate names at the moment, but I like the name Metalmech. Call him the Mechromancer, maybe? A name which I totally didn't just steal from Borderlands 2. :P

All right, I think I have the Financier's bio ready….

Epic Name: The Financier (known as Monsieur de Finance to his subordinates)

Primary Power: Number-crunching. The Financier can take strings of numbers (latitude, longitude, date, number of warriors on his team, number of weapons, etc.) and, by solving for the variables, can determine when the next threat will arrive, whether it is a major or a minor threat, where it will be, etc. He can also solve for X and find out what's for lunch next Tuesday. Battles require pencil and paper (never, ever, ever complete a math assignment in pen!) but a small prediction (lunch on Tuesday) can be completed in his head.

Secondary Power: Basic math, especially multiplication and division. Zero is his favorite number. When he multiplies an object up to the size of a tank by zero, it vanishes; this only applies to objects, not sentient beings. (He could, however, multiply an assailant's weapons by zero, even if they were hidden in his clothes. Fortunately for all, the Financier has no interest in multiplying clothes by zero.) Dividing by zero causes a temporal disturbance that resets everything within a ten-mile radius to ten minutes before he divided. However, division by zero kills him, so he only does it when they are out of options because….

Passive Power: Upon death, he resurrects precisely ten minutes later. However, each death causes him to see numbers as increasingly violent living entities, so he holds death in the same regard he holds numbers: something evil to be avoided at all costs.

Modus Operandi: WHAT THE SPARKING SPARKS IS THIS SHEET OF NUMBERS DOING ON MY DESK? Oh, you want me to crunch them. I'll crunch them. Those numbers—oh, they're wily, they are. That 7. He thinks he's perfect. Everyone in the whole world thinks he's perfect, but I'm wise to you, 7. I know your tricks. You're just like the rest of those horrible, horrible numbers—and I will crunch you. I will crunch you! No, I'm not giving you my pistol—are you mad? Do you aim to leave me unguarded from this numbers? Oh, if I could multiply you by zero, you'd be multiplied by every zero in the world!

Edit: Should I post for Remington now, or wait for Kobold to post for Lightwards?

Resurrection Epics. Resurrection Epics everywhere. :P

In all seriousness, I like him a lot. I think he'll be a fun and awesome addition to Astoria. :)

How does he predict longterm events when there are so many chaotic variables, though? It seems like there are countless factors he couldn't possibly predict--a surprise Epic could show up and change the tide of the battle, a soldier's old wound could start acting up in the middle of the fight, a bug could fly in and distract someone... etc. On a smaller scale, one of the cooks could catch a cold before Tuesday, resulting in a totally different lunch than the one he predicted. How does his precognitive ability interact with matters of pure chance?

EDIT: Do you need a Lightwards POV before writing a Remington post? I'm incapable of writing one at the moment, but I can make that my priority for tomorrow morning if you're waiting on me.

Edited by Kobold King

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like them. I'm still stuck on the density guy though. That and the entire group's name. I like something like the Obliterators, but I'm not sure about it yet.

More about their organization: Black Jaguar started with his friend, Hawkwing, and began fighting leaders and strong Epics for fun, soon after Calamity rose. They moved form place to place and met up with Metalmech next, a year later. They recruited him and then began more destructive habits. With the addition of remotely controlling guns and a tank, their damage ability multiplied exponentially. Three years after starting, they found DensityGuy and added him to their ranks. Along the way, they found humans that were willing to help them. They each took responsibility for a squad of five. All twenty were convicted of murder or other similar crimes. They travel the western part of the states, destroying, looting, and razing cities for fun.

I'm not sure what to do with them, but I really want to do something now.

I like them both! Don't have many ideas for alternate names at the moment, but I like the name Metalmech. Call him the Mechromancer, maybe? A name which I totally didn't just steal from Borderlands 2. :P

Resurrection Epics. Resurrection Epics everywhere. :P

In all seriousness, I like him a lot. I think he'll be a fun and awesome addition to Astoria. :)

How does he predict longterm events when there are so many chaotic variables, though? It seems like there are countless factors he couldn't possibly predict--a surprise Epic could show up and change the tide of the battle, a soldier's old wound could start acting up in the middle of the fight, a bug could fly in and distract someone... etc. On a smaller scale, one of the cooks could catch a cold before Tuesday, resulting in a totally different lunch than the one he predicted. How does his precognitive ability interact with matters of pure chance?

EDIT: Do you need a Lightwards POV before writing a Remington post? I'm incapable of writing one at the moment, but I can make that my priority for tomorrow morning if you're waiting on me.

Maybe he can predict with a plus or minus (five? ten?) margin of error? I'm not very good at math, so basic algebra is already like sorcery to me. :P I was trying to figure out exactly how random chance would figure in with his powers, but like I said, I'm not good at math, so maybe a math-based Epic was the wrong move. :P

How about the margin of error increases with the size and scale of the event he's predicting, and the more vague his predictions are regarding large events, the more accurate they will be. For example, if he predicts a general victory for Lucentia in a battle, it has a greater chance of accuracy than, say, trying to predict precisely how many soldiers they'll lose, when the biggest losses will occur, and the time of each major loss. Those things would be far more vulnerable to chance and therefore more difficult to predict, while generalities are simpler. And, with a battle, where there are thousands of smaller skirmishes and variables going on, it's hard to predict victory if it will be a close match. 

Or maybe I should change his prediction powers to something that doesn't make my head hurt. :P

I could do a Remington post first. I was just trying to figure out his best move from here. Maybe admit he's been spying on them a bit, then tell Max Alice is a recovering zombie? 

Edit: How likely do you think it is that one of the Reckoners heard of Koschei? He wasn't around very long, but would it be possible that word traveled with a few The Dalles refugees about an immortal High Epic who caused chaos, and who is now mysteriously gone? 

Edit edit: What if I changed the Financier's prediction powers to something that allows him to calculate roughly how long it will take to conquer something—how long a person would last (physically) under torture; extrapolate how long it would take to crush a city or town, etc.? It wouldn't take into account powerful variables like emotional endurance, but merely things like how long it would take to destroy a person or place physically? Does that sound like an actual power, or something that anybody with a good grasp of medical knowledge could do? 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

An interesting point on the density guy, altering his density should logically alter his senses if his pupils become less tangible they'll be hit less frequently by light so everything would appear darker and as his tangibility decreased his hearing would become more sensitive, more easily resonating with softer soundwaves although once completely intangible he'd go deaf as well since his ear wouldn't resonate from sound waves, alternately increasing his density would I think result in things becoming even brighter and potentially increasing his hearing sensitivity briefly, though at high ends his ear would resonate less again and so would gradually get reduced hearing.

Naming isn't my strong suit, I usually have the same problem but some suggestions:
Juggernaut, Momentous Ghost, Ammit (The beast of Egyption myth who devours hearts of wrongdoers after the heart-weighing ceremony)