Now I think I'm going to write a Destructors post at some point to get a feel of how they work and such. Where should I post that? I'm thinking they'll be in some small town in Washington with thoughts of heading to Oregon.

Well there was technically a post describing Lucentia in Astoria in what would later become "What Happened in Portland"... maybe it would be fine to introduce them as a threat on the horizon in the same thread?

Alternatively, post it here. We'll read it, upvote it, and accept it as canon regardless of where it's posted.

That's true. But it was What Happened in Oregon at that point.

I'll see what Twi wants and then do that. Once I write it.

If they're going to end up in Astoria anyway, I don't think it matters too much where their initial post (I suppose you could call it a test post in this case) is posted. You're welcome to post it here, if you want.

Okay. When I get that done, I'll post it in Portland probably with a disclaimer above it. I just don't want it to be lost in our planning thread. I'd probably forget about it in that case as well. Would the Dalles be a better place for it though?

Depends on how close they are geographically. If they start out in, say, Cottage Grove (a few hours south of Portland) the Portland thread would be best; if they're in a town closer to The Dalles, post it in that thread.

Also, I don't know how I missed this before, but Flashpoint is from Spokane? I lived there for 8 years. :D

Depends on how close they are geographically. If they start out in, say, Cottage Grove (a few hours south of Portland) the Portland thread would be best; if they're in a town closer to The Dalles, post it in that thread.

Also, I don't know how I missed this before, but Flashpoint is from Spokane? I lived there for 8 years. :D

I'm thinking Connell, Washington. It has a population just over 4,000. Dalles or Portland?

I guess. Don't read too much into my character's origin. I mainly just choose cities from the general area I want them to be from… :P In Flashpoint's case, I wanted something close to Portland, but not in Oregon. Hence, Spokane.

Icons for Metalmech, Black Jaguar, and Hawkwing: 

mmicon_zps33ac62af.jpgbjicon_zps07dbf362.pnghwicon_zps4482f4cc.png

I can't think of anything for War Smasher yet though.

Anyone here with programming skills?

Yup, that woman has enough nightmare fuel for the entire city.

Yes, but sadly little to no graphical design skills :P

Hm. Is there any amount of wind that could stop a bullet? Because I was thinking that, if that was possible, that Wandersail could keep up an extremely harsh wind bubble around her during a fight as to deflect bullets, with harsh winds going away from her body and stopping a short distance away.

Yes but it would need to be really strong winds and you'd be limited in how strong the winds could be otherwise Wandersail would have no air and suffocate. You'd be better off setting up a kind of perpetual hurricane around her to deflect them to either side.

Hm. Is there any amount of wind that could stop a bullet? Because I was thinking that, if that was possible, that Wandersail could keep up an extremely harsh wind bubble around her during a fight as to deflect bullets, with harsh winds going away from her body and stopping a short distance away.

She won't need it. One of Blackwave's more OP powers is giftable Metallic sense/precognition. Anyone with the power can predict both swords and bullets, though not arrows and fists. Nor Aluminum.

She won't need it. One of Blackwave's more OP powers is giftable Metallic sense/precognition. Anyone with the power can predict both swords and bullets, though not arrows and fists. Nor Aluminum.

Except you can't gift to Epics :P

Yes, but sadly little to no graphical design skills :P

Yes but it would need to be really strong winds and you'd be limited in how strong the winds could be otherwise Wandersail would have no air and suffocate. You'd be better off setting up a kind of perpetual hurricane around her to deflect them to either side.

I like that idea. A perpetual hurricane around her that doesn't mess up her hair and clothes because she stops the wind before it hits her? Yes please  :P

Lightwards gets 4 upvotes but Remington gets 2. Definitely an Epic conspiracy. :P

Guilt tripping people to control the mysterious ways of the upvotes, devious. :P

Thanks!

…I didn't even realize that… Thanks for being cool about it. I think they're different enough anyways. War Smasher can become more dense as well and his force fields are different. I'll have to write it happening for you to see it, but it is. And Epics can have similar powers anyways. :P

True. The Big Four there are pretty strong, but I think The Destructors have a chance. They all have PIs and offensive powers as well as tanks and weapons. 

We have like what, five teleporters in Portland? Fatebreaker adding the latest one. I dont think anyone´s going to sue you.

Which brings me back to my question how effective Jaguar´s healing is and how though Warsmasher´s shields/dense body are. What is Metalmechs PI?

The usage of tanks could be used as an argument against them, in the way of power scaling. Tanks are pretty much useless against them, so anyone that needs a tank to boost up their offense probably won´t stand up to them either.

Ethics smethics. It's green arrows that count. :P

(I actually have no idea. Your post has Remington being his awesome self, while mine just has Lightwards thinking snotty things about Voidgaze. :/)

Yeah. Lucentia's posse is strong, but they're by no means undefeatable. I think the Destructors would have a chance, as would Blackwave.

Maybe people like Slontzes? :huh: Talking about Slontzes awesome people, if my timezone calculations are correct, Happy Birthday Kobold King! :lol:

Just to make sure, are we talking about destroying the city or taking it over?

It´s useful, certainly but given that at higer tiers guns are effectively harmless I´m not sure if one could call it OP. That and from the description I got the impression that the prediction only set in after the bullet was shot, which might very well be to late to doge. (Could be I read that wrong though.)

I like that idea. A perpetual hurricane around her that doesn't mess up her hair and clothes because she stops the wind before it hits her? Yes please  :P

There´s that whole "eye of the storm" deal, isn´t there? Maybe that can be applied here.

Guilt tripping people to control the mysterious ways of the upvotes, devious. :P

We have like what, five teleporters in Portland? Fatebreaker adding the latest one. I dont think anyone´s going to sue you.

Which brings me back to my question how effective Jaguar´s healing is and how though Warsmasher´s shields/dense body are. What is Metalmechs PI?

The usage of tanks could be used as an argument against them, in the way of power scaling. Tanks are pretty much useless against them, so anyone that needs a tank to boost up their offense probably won´t stand up to them either.

Maybe people like Slontzes? :huh: Talking about Slontzes awesome people, if my timezone calculations are correct, Happy Birthday Kobold King! :lol:

Just to make sure, are we talking about destroying the city or taking it over?

It´s useful, certainly but given that at higer tiers guns are effectively harmless I´m not sure if one could call it OP. That and from the description I got the impression that the prediction only set in after the bullet was shot, which might very well be to late to doge. (Could be I read that wrong though.)

There´s that whole "eye of the storm" deal, isn´t there? Maybe that can be applied here.

Sometimes the Mysterious Force that controls the upvotes needs to be called on its nonsense. :P

Right, it's November 6th! Happy birthday, Kobold! :)

Thanks! :D

The party turnout was about what I expected.

ee6e98001c21c1b4aa77d28a82d90af2.png

The gifts ranged from decent to considerate. I got Wal-Mart coupons from Backtrack, socks from Lightwards, and a book on creative writing from Revolution.

Fun-with-Creative-Writing-Book-1.jpg

She's such a considerate little body.  <_<

Thanks! :D

The party turnout was about what I expected.

ee6e98001c21c1b4aa77d28a82d90af2.png

The gifts ranged from decent to considerate. I got Wal-Mart coupons from Backtrack, socks from Lightwards, and a book on creative writing from Revolution.

Fun-with-Creative-Writing-Book-1.jpg

She's such a considerate little body.  <_<

Be happy they didn´t bring any guests, like Nighthound or Lucentia.

Is Möbius wearing a cowboy outfit? If so that´s pretty neat.

Can´t blame her, I mean you´re planning on just paring her off with a random npc, what woman wouldn´t feel cheap from that. :P

Rule Number 1 of entering fictional universes: never place yourself around an unpredictable character you can't kill off in a hurry. :P

And yet you invited Möbius, be happy she didn´t force you to make her the empress of everything.

Be happy they didn´t bring any guests, like Nighthound or Lucentia.

Is Möbius wearing a cowboy outfit? If so that´s pretty neat.

Can´t blame her, I mean you´re planning on just paring her off with a random npc, what woman wouldn´t feel cheap from that. :P

And yet you invited Möbius, be happy she didn´t force you to make her the empress of everything.

24f646b37ae94050ccaf6a2637713929.png

Mobius with updated accessories.

...Fair point. :P

"Oh, you're threatening me? It would be a real shame if SOMEONE FOUND YOUR EASILY-ACCESSIBLE WEAKNESS AND ASSASSINATED YOU, HUH?"

But…but she already made the cake! 

Neither did he invite Voidgaze, just hiding behind his Epics weaknesses and uses them for extortion.

24f646b37ae94050ccaf6a2637713929.png

Mobius with updated accessories.

...Fair point. :P

"Oh, you're threatening me? It would be a real shame if SOMEONE FOUND YOUR EASILY-ACCESSIBLE WEAKNESS AND ASSASSINATED YOU, HUH?"

Möbius is the best pony! :D I just keep wanting to see her more and more.

The one bad thing about being a writer is that you can´t blame your characters for hating you.

Try doing that if she imprisiones you away from any writing tools.

But…but she already made the cake! 

134218639656.png

...Fine, she can come over. BUT NO DARK!FUNTIMES OR SAM AND REVOLUTION GET IT!

I like those accessories. :D

Thanks! I may or may not have created them because I lost her cutie mark on my old computer and couldn't find it again.  :ph34r:

134218639656.png

...Fine, she can come over. BUT NO DARK!FUNTIMES OR SAM AND REVOLUTION GET IT!

Thanks! I may or may not have created them because I lost her cutie mark on my old computer and couldn't find it again. :ph34r:

If Lightwards minds his manners, dark!Funtimes will remain stuffed deep down in cheerful!Funtimes' psyche. :)

Don't strain your eyes! Accessorize! :P