NEW SECRET PROJECT!!!!!!?????

22 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Crossing my fingers for dragon stuff! He's clearly had them on his mind a lot lately... 

Totally. I feel like dragons are going to be really important to the future of the cosmere, so maybe this book could be a way of introducing them and their lore. 

I'm guessing this was cheekily mentioned in the State of the Sanderson:

Various Cosmere books I Might Write Someday

The Night Brigade, Dragonsteel, the Silence Divine, the Grand Apparatus, Mythos, the Aether World book series…wow, this list keeps growing. My my.

State of the Sanderson 2023 (Dec. 19, 2023)

My first thought was that it was the Grand Apparatus story, since he mentioned it unprompted a few times.

But as I'm looking through the Backerkit campaign page, I notice that the new secret project is referred to as a "mythic worldhopper adventure." So now I'm wondering if that particular word choice is indicating the story on Mythos.

4 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

My first thought was that it was the Grand Apparatus story, since he mentioned it unprompted a few times.

But as I'm looking through the Backerkit campaign page, I notice that the new secret project is referred to as a "mythic worldhopper adventure." So now I'm wondering if that particular word choice is indicating the story on Mythos.

I would love it to be Mythos. I find it funny that there’s a world called mythos now and I’ve had a character with the name.

17 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

What's Mythos again?

1 minute ago, The Sibling said:

What's Mythos again?

We don't know much more than the name. It's a planet that was mentioned in The Lost Metal, and then it came up in the past two States of the Sanderson.

Brandon in 2021 : "I've made some breakthroughs in aethers recently." 2023: Tress of the Emerald Sea

Brandon in 2023: Dragon Palaces! 2025: new secret project possibly relating to dragons.

I'm sensing a pattern. 

My theory is that this will finally be the Silverlight book.

19 minutes ago, Aredor said:

Brandon in 2021 : "I've made some breakthroughs in aethers recently." 2023: Tress of the Emerald Sea

Brandon in 2023: Dragon Palaces! 2025: new secret project possibly relating to dragons.

I'm sensing a pattern. 

My theory is that this will finally be the Silverlight book.

For similar reasons I think this might involve The Grand Apparatus. Maybe one of the Dragon Palaces is some weird mechanical/clockwork building and that’s it?

Just now, CtrlAltDepressed said:

Just because you need to get caught up? i dont understand

I'm going to be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Otherwise I would read it right away.

I'm going to see if I can scrounge up enough money just to buy the book and have my family hold onto it until I get back...

Why did I spend so much money on other stuff...

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I'm going to see if I can scrounge up enough money just to buy the book and have my family hold onto it until I get back...

Is there a release date for it??? I would imagine it wont come out until after SA5, right?

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I'm going to be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

oof... i'm sorry

where are you serving?

1 hour ago, Pagerunner said:

34 minutes ago, basement_boi said:

For similar reasons I think this might involve The Grand Apparatus. Maybe one of the Dragon Palaces is some weird mechanical/clockwork building and that’s it?

There is a high likelihood it is that. Guess what I'm spamming in the chat tonight.

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Exactly my plan, to the t.

2 minutes ago, hoid without wit said:

oof... i'm sorry

where are you serving?

I don't know yet! I actually haven't submitted my papers, just the way my life planning is going right now, I'm probably going to be gone all of 2025.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I don't know yet! I actually haven't submitted my papers, just the way my life planning is going right now, I'm probably going to be gone all of 2025.

When are you hoping to leave. I'm gonna ship out late July/early August 

12 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

When are you hoping to leave. I'm gonna ship out late July/early August 

Somewhere between early September and all the way up to December, depending on how the next few months go.

But the way things are looking now, it's probably going to be earlier along that scale.

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bro same. I’m just glad I can read SA 5 before I go! I have to wait until the end of December.

Edited by basement_boi

The audiobook backer option says, “Whether you're listening or reading along on your ereader, transport yourself to far-future Cosmere destinations with the digital files of the New Secret Project.” 

So far future cosmere? Could we be returning to first of the sun?