NEW SECRET PROJECT!!!!!!?????

But it supports Grand Apparatus. I don't think it's a sequel to something already written, but rather a completely new setting.

There was some hesitance when discussing SA, so it could be related to that.

18 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

I'm guessing this was cheekily mentioned in the State of the Sanderson:

My first thought was that it was the Grand Apparatus story, since he mentioned it unprompted a few times.

But as I'm looking through the Backerkit campaign page, I notice that the new secret project is referred to as a "mythic worldhopper adventure." So now I'm wondering if that particular word choice is indicating the story on Mythos.

I don't think it's going to Mythos. Brandon said on the livestream that is is goign to be longer than the other 4 Secret projects, but not by much. When he talked about Mythos previously he said it was going to need to be a much bigger book, not as big as a Stormlight book, but bigger than anything he's worked on recently.

I don't think it is going to be Silverlight as Brandon has also said that the Night Brigade would need to come before the Silverlight Novella or Novel (and as others have said already I think Night Brigade is too early in the timeline. I think the same is probabkly true of Silence Divine). 

My money goes on the Grand Apparatus or something he didn't mention in the State of Sanderson (which would be typical Brandon trolling if you ask me 🙂)

I haven't read it, but my understanding is that it has to take place before TLM, since

Spoiler

TwinSoul is displaced

(Reply to royalbeemage)

Edited by Lego Mistborn

12 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Why is that? I don't know too much about what Brandon has said about that story.

Silence Divine is set on Ashyn in the Rosharan System. Brandon has done a reading of the opening of the novella previously. It's the one where catching an illness gives you magical powers.

I don't remember the reading having any tech vibes at all, which is why I think it is earlier in the timeline. Nomad also mentions that Canticle reminds him of a burning planet near hos home early in The Sunlit Man which seems to be reference to Ashyn.

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Why is that? I don't know too much about what Brandon has said about that story.

It's set around SA8. That's not in far future:

Spoiler

Questioner

Silence Divine, are you allowed to talk about when it's going to happen in the timeline?

Brandon Sanderson

...It is late Stormlight Archive era. I image it being around book 8 or something like that.

Questioner

So it was after the Dawnchant was written.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. But since it hasn't been written yet, the timeline is not canon for that yet.

Skyward Seattle signing (Nov. 10, 2018)

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

I think it does. I don't know anything about it.

2 hours ago, Hoids4thApprentice said:

I don't think it's going to Mythos. Brandon said on the livestream that is is goign to be longer than the other 4 Secret projects, but not by much. When he talked about Mythos previously he said it was going to need to be a much bigger book, not as big as a Stormlight book, but bigger than anything he's worked on recently.

I don't think it is going to be Silverlight as Brandon has also said that the Night Brigade would need to come before the Silverlight Novella or Novel (and as others have said already I think Night Brigade is too early in the timeline. I think the same is probabkly true of Silence Divine). 

My money goes on the Grand Apparatus or something he didn't mention in the State of Sanderson (which would be typical Brandon trolling if you ask me 🙂)

I'm anticipating grand apparatus

3 hours ago, Hoids4thApprentice said:

Where did he say that about Mythos? I'm not seeing anything like that in Arcanum.

21 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

Where did he say that about Mythos? I'm not seeing anything like that in Arcanum.

It is an assumption on my part, but I have always assumed that the secret project he was talking about in the Secret Project 2 Livstream below was Mythos (as Mythos started being mentioned later than the 2019 and 2020 State of Sandersons that mentions the Secret Standalone Cosmere Book). I may be wrong about that though:

simonthekillerewok

In the 2019 and 2020 State of the Sandersons, you talked about a Secret Standalone Cosmere Book. Is this that? Or is that something different?

Brandon Sanderson

That's something different.

simonthekillerewok

Also, in Livestream #22 in November 2020, you were looking through the cloud archive on your phone and you mentioned there was a Secret Project manuscript there. Was this the book you were referring to? Or is this also something else?

Brandon Sanderson

Something else. That one was Kingmaker, which I did a reading of, that didn't work. That's the one I was referencing there. Not one of these, but a different one entirely.

And the other one is still, yet, an unannounced different one that someday I will announce. I will tell you a little bit about this thing. You'll know when it comes. It is projected at 200K-300K words. It is set in the future of the Cosmere. And it's more beastly and epic than, perhaps, a lot of my other side projects are.

Secret Project #2 Reveal and Livestream (March 15, 2022)