Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

On 4/5/2017 at 10:53 AM, Djarskublar said:

Actually, we know her name. We found out during the Dark Talent tour. Her name is Evie (spelling unconfirmed, it's pronounced like the Pokemon eevee). I was there with the guy who got that answered, so can confirm.

Sorry to make your wish pointless :P

Presenting:

The amazing Evie Kholin!

eevee_evolution_guide_--_3ds_--_1.jpg

On 4/7/2017 at 7:12 PM, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. You're bane is that you receive something. Specifically a headache for the next 24 hours.

I wish for for some chouta, preferably without shells in it.

Granted. Yummy, yummy meat and gravy and tortilla-esque thing. 

However, you can never touch a piece of paper again without getting a papercut. The size of the cut is in direct relation to the size of the paper. Better avoid posters.

I wish for chocolate ice cream. mmm....

Granted. You find out through personal experience that anyone who burns a hemalurgically charged metal will develop profuse,  constant and everlasting Diarrhea. 

(So, I understand why you are posting on the 17th Shard from your toilet.)

I wish to become a Returned who can convert pizza to Breaths. 

Edited by Zennix

2 hours ago, Firerust the Terris Gyorn said:

Granted. However, your vision has been altered so that now you see everything in a negative monochrome.

I wish for luck at school.

Granted. All things random act in you're favor.

Unfortunately, very few things in the world are true random. Quantum physics tends to have some true random features, but nothing large-scale does really.

So... What does that look like? Quantum luck?

The only effect of this that you might notice is that the probabilities for radioactive decay near you are skewed. So, if you somehow came in contact with a large amount of a radioactive substance, it would, against all odds, not decay in your presence, and thus you and everyone else wouldn't get radiation poisoning. Which I guess is kind of a cool power.

But even then, you're radiation immunity only functions at school, since that is the only place your "luck" applies.

I suppose the other "true random" thing you might be able to notice is the location of an electron with respect to the atomic nucleus of an insulator... So insulators tend to be polarized in you're favor. Hm... I guess that means you also never get a static shock at your school anymore?

So. That is your wish granted. Scientifically. :D

Anyway, your bane is that you are now dyslexic. If by wishing for "luck in school" you hoped you would be getting better grades, that may have backfired...

I wish to no longer need sleep.

Edited by Drake Marshall

9 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

I wish to no longer need sleep.

Granted. You no longer need sleep, however you always have a longing want to sleep, and you sleep over 20 hours a day because you want to.

I wish that I could get the people sitting in front of me in class right now to shut up unless they are talking about Brandon Sanderson. (An ability to turn my hearing off would do just fine.)

On 4/11/2017 at 8:14 AM, Kplynch21 said:

I wish that I could get the people sitting in front of me in class right now to shut up unless they are talking about Brandon Sanderson. (An ability to turn my hearing off would do just fine.)

Granted, the people sitting in front of you stop talking, however for the rest of your life you will be haunted by their voices in your head (and they aren't talking about Brandon Sanderson). 

I wish for the gift of understanding

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 1:49 AM, Jonathon said:

Granted but the sweatshirt makes you feel colder instead of warmer

I wish for the power to bring stories to life

Granted. You try to bring the Stormlight Archive to life because you want to bond with Syl and become a Windrunner, but instead you manifest a Highstorm in your house, and we know it can only go downhill from here... 

I wish to become the Dragon Reborn. 

Your wish is satisfied. Next time you wake, you find your house in utter disorder, with melted ceilings and floors, bodies everywhere. More disturbing, there's a strange man waiting for you on your balcony.

I wish I had completed my Master's thesis already.

Edited by Rasha

Granted. Unfortunately, Tor then refuses to publish it for the large number of chapters consisting of expletives. You are then murdered by 17th Sharders who blame you for the end of the cosmere's publishing.

I wish that any bane I receive is inflicted seventy-seven fold on the person who gives me the bane, and that that person is then forced to relive their worst experiences eternally.

(Take that, Nightwatcher!)

On 4/17/2017 at 5:57 PM, 18th Shard said:

Granted. Unfortunately, Tor then refuses to publish it for the large number of chapters consisting of expletives. You are then murdered by 17th Sharders who blame you for the end of the cosmere's publishing.

I wish that any bane I receive is inflicted seventy-seven fold on the person who gives me the bane, and that that person is then forced to relive their worst experiences eternally.

(Take that, Nightwatcher!)

Your bane is drowning in a pool full of fluffy puppies, which I'll have to relive over and over for eternity.

(How can I ask for anything now? This is seriously the best death ever.)

I wish I passed my finals without loosing my sanity.

Edited by Staphylococcus
I noticed a missing word :D