Like objectively the elims need to kill me tonight, and it really feels like you are giving them an excuse not to Drake. I will reveal the elim name I received at the very last second of this cycle. If they don't kill me today then tomorrow I out both names and they are in the same position we had been by the end of C1 last game. The only hope they have of not getting both outed is by killing me now, fullstop

Edited by Amanuensis

Also I'll neither confirm or deny if Sart is indeed the elim name I received, and this vote does not mean I don't still think Archer has a better chance of being elim than not, but this slot is worth pressuring after the noticeable drop off between Game A and Game B.

I'm back.

And I'm being voted out. Great.

My activity hasn't been great, but that's because I have to work during the day. The last game was on the weekend, so I had a lot more time to devote to it. Plus, that was entirely mech based, which is where I get really excited. Pointing fingers at people has never been my strong suit.

I'm still feeling Stick is evil. I really don't like couching Archer as probably the Insider. It feels too much like Stick knows the result would be a Villager, so they're pre-emptively using the Insider excuse. It reads off to me.

Can I please have a vote count?

2 minutes ago, Sart said:

I'm back.

My activity hasn't been great, but that's because I have to work during the day. The last game was on the weekend, so I had a lot more time to devote to it. Plus, that was entirely mech based, which is where I get really excited. Pointing fingers at people has never been my strong suit.

I'm still feeling Stick is evil. I really don't like couching Archer as probably the Insider. It feels too much like Stick knows the result would be a Villager, so they're pre-emptively using the Insider excuse. It reads off to me.

Hrm. Depending on said VC I might move again.

19 hours ago, neil the beguiled said:

L + Ratio + hated comic sans + mean to me + sob and cry + im dyslecic + im sad and tired from mattress shopping + Sart

edit:

plus stick is obvtown lol

I need to address this. I was not trying to make fun of your disability. I thought this was some sort of gimmick, I didn't realize that this is something you have issues with. I apologize. We can take this Out of Game if necessary.

16 minutes ago, Sart said:

I'm back.

Can I get all your Archer thoughts? Where is he for you reads wise, neglecting other player's opinions of him.

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Can I get all your Archer thoughts? Where is he for you reads wise, neglecting other player's opinions of him.

I've flipped back and forth on them, but it kind of feels TWTBW at this point. I know you said to ignore other player's opinions on him, but that's what's really driving that for me. It seems like everyone and their mother has voted for him. Just reading his posts it's mostly null.

6 minutes ago, Sart said:

I've flipped back and forth on them, but it kind of feels TWTBW at this point. I know you said to ignore other player's opinions on him, but that's what's really driving that for me. It seems like everyone and their mother has voted for him. Just reading his posts it's mostly null.

I can empathize with that take a lot, if not in this specific game / context.

What're your thoughts on Drake, then? Might as well ask Raven and Neil too.

Edited by Amanuensis

Seeing as it's EoD and it's too late for the elims to change their kill and Aman's claim will have played out one way or another, I can put this here.

1) A priori, any Contact claim should be major ????? territory. If we wanted to sacrifice 1 of our 2 walking win-cons for 2 of the 3 elims, I think it is fairly clear that the Informant should be the one who takes the fall, not the Contact. Because once 1 or 2 elims are down, the Informant is going to be outed anyway. And barring the unexpected, they will probably die. The actual Contact making an actually serious claim is just six kinds of kayana inherently.

2) The whole point of claiming Informant or Contact is to give the village information. In light of this, it is hard to read the decision to claim Contact but delay revealing the name of an elim as anything but performative. If you wanted to drop your info at EoD then you should have just claimed at EoD.

3) If the point of claiming Contact isn't to share information but to IKYK people into not killing you, then why should I read that as village!Contact and not as Evil.

Aman, it's true that nearly everything you've done in this game reads as suspicious to me.

Maybe that's because I'm just being unreasonable about it.

Maybe that's because you're genuinely being pretty suspicious.

You point-blank insisting it's the first one just doesn't weigh on the scales for me.

Anyways, up to you how you want to spend your time.

You earlier said you thought Archer had a better chance of being an elim than Sart so I'm not sure how I feel about your vote swap, but anyways we'll see how things are on the other side.

Like, sure, you're mechanically right that it's kayana for the Contact to claim. But do you think I considered that when I did it, or even before reading this post? Nope! As you should realize now, I am a kayana player when it comes to my own life & what I do with it, and I've been itching for a game where I get to claim PR as the PR and see how long it takes for the elims to actually believe me and advance their wincon. It's clear you don't believe it, which okay fine, but IMO that makes it look like you're an elim that doesn't want to shoot me, as you think I'm guaranteed to not be the Contact, while at the same time wanting me dead from the exe to cover for yourself / your allies. This doesn't feel like you're a Villager who thinks I'm a gambity elim claiming Contact for whatever reason you find somehow beneficial to the elim team. A villager would be more willing to accept the possibility of me being vanilla shielding the real Contact. Instead I see constant use of firm, unreversible language.

Edited by Amanuensis

I can empathize with that take a lot.

What're your thoughts on Drake, then? Might as well ask Raven and Neil too.

• Drake feels village. His attacks are targeted and precise. His vote jumps around like crazy, but I think that's his normal play style.
  • Raven is a new player, right? Obviously I don't love the vote on me. Slight elim lean, although I would prefer voting out someone more experienced first. Would love to hear more from them.
  • Neil is rubbing me the wrong way, especially this cycle. I can't pinpoint why, but that's what my gut is saying. I won't vote on him today due to the whole dyslexia thing, but I'm leaning evil.

Might as well do the rest of the players while I have time.

• RoyalBeeMage is Village, and I would die on this hill. With poking and prodding, they give good insights, but aren't very engaged, so I highly doubt they are in a doc.
  • Amanuensis. I'm frantically doing war games in my head to see if your claim holds water. Null until I work that out.
  • Stick. I'm still reading them as evil, and my vote is still on them. They're interactions with Bee felt like pocketing.
  • Faerie Braids. Slipped under my radar, which gives me an evil lean on them until I hear more.
  • JNV. Mr. Quiet is quite quiet. I only voted on them in the first place because Aeoryi started rocketing up. Considering they voted for Neil, the enemy of my enemy is my friend? Slight Village read.

8 minutes ago, Sart said:
  • Drake feels village. His attacks are targeted and precise. His vote jumps around like crazy, but I think that's his normal play style.
  • Raven is a new player, right? Obviously I don't love the vote on me. Slight elim lean, although I would prefer voting out someone more experienced first. Would love to hear more from them.
  • Neil is rubbing me the wrong way, especially this cycle. I can't pinpoint why, but that's what my gut is saying. I won't vote on him today due to the whole dyslexia thing, but I'm leaning evil.

Might as well do the rest of the players while I have time.

• RoyalBeeMage is Village, and I would die on this hill. With poking and prodding, they give good insights, but aren't very engaged, so I highly doubt they are in a doc.
  • Amanuensis. I'm frantically doing war games in my head to see if your claim holds water. Null until I work that out.
  • Stick. I'm still reading them as evil, and my vote is still on them. They're interactions with Bee felt like pocketing.
  • Faerie Braids. Slipped under my radar, which gives me an evil lean on them until I hear more.
  • JNV. Mr. Quiet is quite quiet. I only voted on them in the first place because Aeoryi started rocketing up. Considering they voted for Neil, the enemy of my enemy is my friend? Slight Village read.

TY

Has enough time passed for me to vote Neil next

ED1T:

Turns out, yes.

Vote Tally

• Sart (2): TheRavenHasLanded, neil the beguiled
  • Stick. (2): RoyalBeeMage, Sart
  • Archer (2): DrakeMarshall, Stick.
  • neil the beguiled (2): JNV, Amanuensis
  • TheRavenHasLanded (1): Faerie Braids
  • Faerie Braids (1): Archer
Edited by Amanuensis

Unfortunately, I've got my Pathfinder game in 15 minutes, so I'm not going to be here for rollover. In a naked attempt at self-preservation, I'm going to put a vote on Faerie Braids instead of Stick. I think my gut is leaning village on Archer, so I'm following his vote. Plus, Faerie is just barely active enough not to get hit by the filter, but not enough to actively contribute. @Faerie Braids I would love to hear more from you.

<1 hr notice + VC
Sart(2): TheRavenHasLanded, neil the beguiled
Faerie Braids (2): Sart, Archer
neil the beguiled (2): Amanuensis, JNV
Archer (2): Stick, Drake
TheRavenHasLanded (1): Faerie Braids
Stick (1): RoyalBeeMage

Neil has asked me to replace him as there's some emergency, so someone will sub in for him at the beginning of next cycle. 

10 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

<1 hr notice + VC
Sart(2): TheRavenHasLanded, neil the beguiled
Faerie Braids (2): Sart, Archer
neil the beguiled (2): Amanuensis, JNV
Archer (2): Stick, Drake
TheRavenHasLanded (1): Faerie Braids
Stick (1): RoyalBeeMage

Neil has asked me to replace him as there's some emergency, so someone will sub in for him at the beginning of next cycle. 

Sorry to hear that :( hope things are or will be okay!

Back to Archer it is.

ED1T:

Some observations / thoughts:

1. Both Sart voters have not been active for a while. We may want to revisit their votes to figure out the motives / if there’s any merit, in the context of that phase of today.
  2. Sart is objectively buddying up with Archer to save them both. Archer is just kind of around, not seemingly invested in the results or pushing any narrative. I can maybe come around to village Sart, but I think Archer looks potentially frozen atm, perhaps making final kill adjustments
  3. JNV parked their vote on Neil and bounced. They’re also the kind of player that would kill Kas quick. Good chance this is elim vote indifference combined with genuine business IRL.
  4. Stick felt Village, or at least very different than last iteration, early on, but I do wonder if there’s some merit in Sart’s read of her / that her not being put on the immediate backfoot to claim Informant impacted the playstyle shift, but I never feel confident in my reads of her when she’s not in thread so that may be a part of it. As for Drake, I’m mostly just hoping he’s not Village, because I prefer that world over an unnecessary bro tunnel. I’d rather work together but that doesn’t seem possible until I’m dead
  5. Faerie who. Talk about a parked vote.
  6. Royal really fell off huh

ED1T:

Some observations / thoughts:

1. Both Sart voters have not been active for a while. We may want to revisit their votes to figure out the motives / if there’s any merit, in the context of that phase of today.
  2. Sart is objectively buddying up with Archer to save them both. Archer is just kind of around, not seemingly invested in the results or pushing any narrative. I can maybe come around to village Sart, but I think Archer looks potentially frozen atm, perhaps making final kill adjustments
  3. JNV parked their vote on Neil and bounced. They’re also the kind of player that would kill Kas quick. Good chance this is elim vote indifference combined with genuine business IRL.
  4. Stick felt Village, or at least very different than last iteration, early on, but I do wonder if there’s some merit in Sart’s read of her / that her not being put on the immediate backfoot to claim Informant impacted the playstyle shift, but I never feel confident in my reads of her when she’s not in thread so that may be a part of it. As for Drake, I’m mostly just hoping he’s not Village, because I prefer that world over an unnecessary bro tunnel. I’d rather work together but that doesn’t seem possible until I’m dead
  5. Faerie who. Talk about a parked vote.
  6. Royal really fell off huh

maybe you and drake should just kiss and make up

edit: hm. i kinda think archer's wagon could be pure though. ig max 1 scum on there <aman/drake/stick> speaking of mildly amusing to see aman and drake voting *with* each other uh. huh,

Edited by neil the beguiled

6 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

i know why you voted me aman and i get it but also lol. @Amanuensis can you trust me for a day and not vote archer?

Just to make sure, it was solely to create a four way tie for maximum pressure. Not because I have any read of you atp.

4 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

maybe you and drake should just kiss and make up

That’s what I’m saying 😉

6 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

can you trust me for a day and not vote archer?

Oops sorry forgot to reply to this bit. You still think Sart is a better vote? Is your read of him currently an elim trying to pocket a contentious V!Archer?

Edited by Amanuensis

Just to make sure, it was solely to create a four way tie for maximum pressure. Not because I have any read of you atp.

That’s what I’m saying 😉

oh i assumed it was bc u saw me lurking earlier LOL. i dont rlly like ties tho. im gonna once again say archer exe is a bad idea but i literally cannot explain why i think this. he doesnt smell. give archer a day 🥺

edit:

love wins!!!!!!!!! <span style=🏳️‍🌈"><span style=🏳️‍🌈"><span style=🏳️‍🌈"><span style=🏳️‍🌈"><span style=🏳️‍🌈"><span style=🏳️‍🌈"><span style=🏳️‍🌈"><span style=🏳️‍🌈"><span style=🏳️‍🌈">

i dont rlly know how to read sart lol. i asked stick for something to sheep that wasnt archer, and i want a vote to go through. which is where im at

Edited by neil the beguiled

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Oops sorry forgot to reply to this bit. You still think Sart is a better vote? Is your read of him currently an elim trying to pocket a contentious V!Archer?

Resurfacing this in case you missed it

3 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

oh i assumed it was bc u saw me lurking earlier LOL. i dont rlly like ties tho. im gonna once again say archer exe is a bad idea but i literally cannot explain why i think this. he doesnt smell. give archer a day 🥺

lol nice you edited

3 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

i dont rlly know how to read sart lol. i asked stick for something to sheep that wasnt archer, and i want a vote to go through. which is where im at

So to be clear: you don’t think Archer is red, but you also don’t suspect anyone is red independently, so we should yolo shrug?

Edited by Amanuensis