Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Thank you, thank you. :D

You know, I'm not sure. She can transform matter, but not energy, so she'd have to find some way to get the energy out before turning it into a troll doll. So she might be able to turn the outside of an Infinity Stone into a troll doll, but grabbing it would likely have the same effect as would grabbing an Infinity Stone.

Agreed. Though that does raise the question of whether a High Epic could wield the stone without dying.  :o

Lightwards: Do you see these dinosaurs? They wanted to eat you! They'd never tasted Epic before!

Backtrack: Would you quit that? You've been throwing that in my face for the whole time we've known each other! Most decent people don't even think of feeding other people to dinosaurs, much less expect them to feel grateful about it!

Agreed. Though that does raise the question of whether a High Epic could wield the stone without dying.  :o

Lightwards: Do you see these dinosaurs? They wanted to eat you! They'd never tasted Epic before!

Backtrack: Would you quit that? You've been throwing that in my face for the whole time we've known each other! Most decent people don't even think of feeding other people to dinosaurs, much less expect them to feel grateful about it!

Maybe one with a prime invincibility, like Steelheart. And now I'm going to pretend I never said that so I can stop imagining how horrifying Steelheart would be with an Infinity Stone. :o

Nathan: It's a legend, about a hero named Kevin Bacon, who teaches an entire town of people with sticks up their butts that dancing is fun. 

Funtimes: Who put the sticks up their butts? That's not fun.

Maybe one with a prime invincibility, like Steelheart. And now I'm going to pretend I never said that so I can stop imagining how horrifying Steelheart would be with an Infinity Stone. :o

Nathan: It's a legend, about a hero named Kevin Bacon, who teaches an entire town of people with sticks up their butts that dancing is fun. 

Funtimes: Who put the sticks up their butts? That's not fun.

Nightmare fuel on a truly planetary scale. :o

Altermind: And how do you propose we defeat CorpseMaker?

Lightwards: I have a plan.

Nighthound: You have a plan? * laughs *

Aldo: What percentage of a plan do you have?

Lightwards: I have... twelve percent of a plan.

Nighthound: * laughs harder *

Lightwards: That's a fake laugh.

Nighthound: It's real! That is the realest, most authentic laugh of my entire existence, because that isn't a plan.

Lucentia: It's barely a concept.

Lightwards: Whose side are you on?

Nightmare fuel on a truly planetary scale. :o

Altermind: And how do you propose we defeat CorpseMaker?

Lightwards: I have a plan.

Nighthound: You have a plan? * laughs *

Aldo: What percentage of a plan do you have?

Lightwards: I have... twelve percent of a plan.

Nighthound: * laughs harder *

Lightwards: That's a fake laugh.

Nighthound: It's real! That is the realest, most authentic laugh of my entire existence, because that isn't a plan.

Lucentia: It's barely a concept.

Lightwards: Whose side are you on?

Or Koschei. :o I'm going to tell myself that resurrection and self-healing do not a prime invincibility make, so that even if he got his hands on one, he wouldn't be able to wield it effectively. That's true, right? That's how prime invincibilities work? Please tell me that's how they work! :o

Sam: I'm in. 

Revolution: So am I. 

Remington: Me too. 

Unicyclist: *stands and salutes* 

Backtrack: *looks around* What? You want me to stand, too? *stands* Okay, fine. Look at us. Bunch of slontzes, all standing in a circle.

Or Koschei. :o I'm going to tell myself that resurrection and self-healing do not a prime invincibility make, so that even if he got his hands on one, he wouldn't be able to wield it effectively. That's true, right? That's how prime invincibilities work? Please tell me that's how they work! :o

Sam: I'm in. 

Revolution: So am I. 

Remington: Me too. 

Unicyclist: *stands and salutes* 

Backtrack: *looks around* What? You want me to stand, too? *stands* Okay, fine. Look at us. Bunch of slontzes, all standing in a circle.

Koschei... with the ability to destroy planets at will...

* hides under a blanket for the next few years *

Lightwards: I didn't ask to live! To be torn apart, and put back together, and torn apart over and over...

Nathan: Lightwards, you're drunk. 

Lightwards * points gun at Revolution * She called me a leprechaun!

Nathan: Just suck it up for one more night, OK? 'Cuz tomorrow you're going to be the Emperor of Portland.

Lightwards: * sniffs * Fine. But when this is over I can't promise I'm not killing every one of you jerks.

Nathan: See, this is why none of you have friends!

As soon as this movie comes out on DVD, I'm buying it and rewatching it until I can recite every word in the film flawlessly from memory.  :wub:

Koschei... with the ability to destroy planets at will...

* hides under a blanket for the next few years *

Lightwards: I didn't ask to live! To be torn apart, and put back together, and torn apart over and over...

Nathan: Lightwards, you're drunk. 

Lightwards * points gun at Revolution * She called me a leprechaun!

Nathan: Just suck it up for one more night, OK? 'Cuz tomorrow you're going to be the Emperor of Portland.

Lightwards: * sniffs * Fine. But when this is over I can't promise I'm not killing every one of you jerks.

Nathan: See, this is why none of you have friends!

As soon as this movie comes out on DVD, I'm buying it and rewatching it until I can recite every word in the film flawlessly from memory.  :wub:

I looked up Infiniti Gems on Wikipedia to see what he could do with one. The purple one, the one shown in the movie, "allows the user to exist in any or all locations, move any object anywhere throughout reality and warp or rearrange space. At full potential it grants Omnipresence." So, basically, Koschei….everywhere. 

*hides under covers for the rest of her life*

I considered changing my icon to Koschei's alicorn for the month of October, but I'd rather have my icon smile at me than grin maliciously at me.

Unicyclist: Let us put more of this liquid into our bodies! 

Lightwards: That's the first thing you've said that isn't completely insane! 

Nathan: That's the first thing you've said period!

Me too. I'm going to buy it and watch it until I can recite it as flawlessly as I can recite Finding Nemo. 

I looked up Infiniti Gems on Wikipedia to see what he could do with one. The purple one, the one shown in the movie, "allows the user to exist in any or all locations, move any object anywhere throughout reality and warp or rearrange space. At full potential it grants Omnipresence." So, basically, Koschei….everywhere. 

*hides under covers for the rest of her life*

I considered changing my icon to Koschei's alicorn for the month of October, but I'd rather have my icon smile at me than grin maliciously at me.

Unicyclist: Let us put more of this liquid into our bodies! 

Lightwards: That's the first thing you've said that isn't completely insane! 

Nathan: That's the first thing you've said period!

Me too. I'm going to buy it and watch it until I can recite it as flawlessly as I can recite Finding Nemo. 

So... basically Streetwise + Upgrade with Koschei's mind, dominating the cosmos...

I'm suddenly really glad Marvel and Steelheart don't share a universe. :o

Doctor Funtimes: Let us first say the creed. Ahem, "I am a nice Epic; not a mindless killing machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Vanillas are friends, not pets."

Guardians of the Galaxy was the only movie I was excited enough to see in the theater for years and years. And it was one of precious few films that made me laugh, cry, gasp, and want to sing all in the same couple of hours. It was a gem that, for me, surpassed any of Marvel's other efforts in recent memory.

Finding Nemo is also amazing, though I rank Wall-E as my personal favorite of Pixar productions.

So... basically Streetwise + Upgrade with Koschei's mind, dominating the cosmos...

I'm suddenly really glad Marvel and Steelheart don't share a universe. :o

Doctor Funtimes: Let us first say the creed. Ahem, "I am a nice Epic; not a mindless killing machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Vanillas are friends, not pets."

Guardians of the Galaxy was the only movie I was excited enough to see in the theater for years and years. And it was one of precious few films that made me laugh, cry, gasp, and want to sing all in the same couple of hours. It was a gem that, for me, surpassed any of Marvel's other efforts in recent memory.

Finding Nemo is also amazing, though I rank Wall-E as my personal favorite of Pixar productions.

This is why a Koschei/Mobius pairing terrifies me so much. Just picture it: an empire of pocket universes, filled with people whose mortal wounds place their lives firmly in the hands of Koschei and his adored Queen, Mobius. :o

Remington: Vanillas aren't meant to be kept in a floating museum, kid. It does things to you. 

*Unicyclist spins in a circle, playing "Phantom of the Opera" as he tries unsuccessfully to pop a wheelie*

It's one of the best for sure. And it's one of those movies where I didn't go into the theater knowing I was going to love it. Like with Iron Man and The Avengers, I knew those movies were going to be fantastic, and they were. I went to Guardians of the Galaxy thinking I was in for a few hours of fun, hoping it was as good as everyone said it was, and I was surprised by one of the funniest, most well-crafted, heartfelt Marvel movies to date. It's definitely up there with the first Iron Man, The Avengers, and The Winter Soldier. 

WALL-E is probably my favorite Pixar movie ever made, maybe tied with Up, but I unfortunately haven't memorized as much of it as I have other movies since everyone else in my family thinks it's depressing. No matter how many times I tell them that it's the extremely hopeful story of an adorable little robot whose faithful work saved humanity, they always claim it's too depressing and turn on something else.  <_<

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

So I posted in What happened in Oregon, then went to my account to check my Content. Before I did, I noticed my Rep had gone up. So I looked at my Rep tab, and found out that somebody had upvoted the Post I had posted LESS THAN 30 SECONDS AGO.

How did that happen?

And Congrats to Mailliw for getting into the top 20!

So I posted in What happened in Oregon, then went to my account to check my Content. Before I did, I noticed my Rep had gone up. So I looked at my Rep tab, and found out that somebody had upvoted the Post I had posted LESS THAN 30 SECONDS AGO.

How did that happen?

I refresh forum pages a little more often than may be healthy. :P

Soon the entire Reputation board will be ruled by Epic ponies, and I will rule the forum! Uh, I mean, Congratulations Mailliw!

And TwiLyght, I agree on the WALL-E front. It's far from a depressing work of fiction--I find it be a beautiful and inspiring piece myself.

How did that happen?

I read fast. 

I refresh forum pages a little more often than may be healthy. :P

Soon the entire Reputation board will be ruled by Epic ponies, and I will rule the forum! Uh, I mean, Congratulations Mailliw!

And TwiLyght, I agree on the WALL-E front. It's far from a depressing work of fiction--I find it be a beautiful and inspiring piece myself.

MAHAHAHAHAH! ALL HAIL KING KOBOLD! Yes, congratulations! :P 

It's one of those rare movies that made me cry, not because it was sad, but because it was just so beautiful. That scene where WALL-E and EVE dance together in space was what did it. It was so beautiful and innocent, and with the computer's voice-over defining "dancing" for the Captain….perfection. That scene transformed the whole movie from a post-apocalyptic movie about a cute robot, to a story about how faithfulness can pave the way for hope and rebirth. After that scene, I can't see how anyone could call that movie depressing. 

Well, once the Empire of Light advances to the interstellar stage, Nighthound can begin creeping out the entire galaxy.

0.o

Somebody call the Guardians of the Galaxy now.

Where do you think Soulswitch's Raccoon came from?

Frightening. :o

(Though Lightwards dreams of turning every living thing on Earth into a Warrior and then taking over the rest of the universe using a fleet of Epic-powered starships, so... I win? :P  :ph34r: )

So, does Lightwards know his limit/that he has one?  Or can he basically have unlimited Warriors?  Because that would be a downer for him when he finds out.

So, does Lightwards know his limit/that he has one?  Or can he basically have unlimited Warriors?  Because that would be a downer for him when he finds out.

I'm pretty sure he knows, he's mentioned it at some point I think.

It's one of those rare movies that made me cry, not because it was sad, but because it was just so beautiful. That scene where WALL-E and EVE dance together in space was what did it. It was so beautiful and innocent, and with the computer's voice-over defining "dancing" for the Captain….perfection. That scene transformed the whole movie from a post-apocalyptic movie about a cute robot, to a story about how faithfulness can pave the way for hope and rebirth. After that scene, I can't see how anyone could call that movie depressing. 

It was. Beautiful, I mean. It really was. It... I could probably write a full essay called "Things I Love About WALL-E," given an hour and a mug of coffee. It's the tender story of loving, innocent creatures, built to serve a race that was slowly destroying itself. They come together to fight against an evil system that's steadily choking the life out of humanity, all with one of the sweetest romances I've ever seen playing in the background.

By the time "Down to Earth" starts playing in the end credits, I'm usually trying to convince my fellow viewers that invisible ninjas are chopping onions.

He knows. Because he killed about fifty people in a zombie-driven massacre once, and was infuriated to discover he could only raise twenty of the corpses. He's currently pushing his limit at all times, hoping to increase his maximum Warrior count.

Edited by Kobold King

He knows. Because he killed about fifty people in a zombie-driven massacre once, and was infuriated to discover he could only raise twenty of the corpses. He's currently pushing his limit at all times, hoping to increase his maximum Warrior count.

So his goal is a little ambitious at the moment, seeing as he can't even take over a town.

So his goal is a little ambitious at the moment, seeing as he can't even take over a town.

There's been some discussion of steadily upping his limit as he suffers more deaths. (There might be a mental block that deaths could steadily get rid of.)

Alternatively, he could wear Upgrade's severed hand as a necklace. Just as a random thought that I haven't been planning since the beginning.

It was. Beautiful, I mean. It really was. It... I could probably write a full essay called "Things I Love About WALL-E," given an hour and a mug of coffee. It's the tender story of loving, innocent creatures, built to serve a race that was slowly destroying itself. They come together to fight against an evil system that's steadily choking the life out of humanity, all with one of the sweetest romances I've ever seen playing in the background.

By the time "Down to Earth" starts playing in the end credits, I'm usually trying to convince my fellow viewers that invisible ninjas are chopping onions.

I have that song on my iPod. I still get chills every time I hear it. Even if it's a 115-degree summer day and my AC hasn't kicked in yet. 

Seriously, that movie is a work of art. It's a post-apocalyptic movie that manages to be more buoyant than most movies set in the present day. 

Also, question about Backtrack and Autumn: Did you want to torment Backtrack for a while longer after he and the Twins leave Reader's office, or can Autumn greet them shortly after and let it come out in the course of conversation that she was there when Koschei died? :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I have that song on my iPod. I still get chills every time I hear it. Even if it's a 115-degree summer day and my AC hasn't kicked in yet. 

Seriously, that movie is a work of art. It's a post-apocalyptic movie that manages to be more buoyant than most movies set in the present day. 

Also, question about Backtrack and Autumn: Did you want to torment Backtrack for a while longer after he and the Twins leave Reader's office, or can Autumn greet them shortly after and let it come out in the course of conversation that she was there when Koschei died? :P

Agreed. The song and the movie are both chillingly uplifting and brilliantly constructed pieces of art. :D

That's certainly fine. Though she'd better have her slapping gloves on, because Backtrack might just kiss her when he hears the news. :P

Agreed. The song and the movie are both chillingly uplifting and brilliantly constructed pieces of art. :D

That's certainly fine. Though she'd better have her slapping gloves on, because Backtrack might just kiss her when he hears the news. :P

She's been through worse. :P I was thinking Vondra would have her as a part-time counselor of sorts—mostly there to lend a listening ear to whoever needed it, which was quite a few people post-Koschei. Still, I imagined she'd be sent to talk to Backtrack and see if there was something wrong that might cause trouble in town (given his habit of alternately staring into space with a look of mute horror and grinning like a madman) in the hopes that her non-threatening personality and gentle way of dealing with people would keep him from attacking anyone. 

She's been through worse. :P I was thinking Vondra would have her as a part-time counselor of sorts—mostly there to lend a listening ear to whoever needed it, which was quite a few people post-Koschei. Still, I imagined she'd be sent to talk to Backtrack and see if there was something wrong that might cause trouble in town (given his habit of alternately staring into space with a look of mute horror and grinning like a madman) in the hopes that her non-threatening personality and gentle way of dealing with people would keep him from attacking anyone. 

New ship: Autumn Glass + Phil the Epic Shrink. :P

Backtrack does give the impression of mental instability... which is odd, since he's one of the sanest Epics to work for the Empire of Light. :P It would be nice on our end to give Backtrack a break from the crazy whirlwind of a day he's had so far.

All in one day, Backtrack...

• Came to a new town.
  • Got a crush on a contemptuous Epic girl.
  • Had his confidence crushed when an unstable necromancer pointed a gun at him.
  • Witnessed Nighthound during a creep-out session.
  • Fell out of a flying jungle museum of natural history.
  • Had to travel to The Dalles in what was presumably an awkward and gloomy car trip.
  • Stared into the deranged mind of Koschei the Deathless.
  • Threw up.
  • Was arrested by trigger-happy, Epic-hating vanilla soldiers.
  • Almost threw up again from staring into Koschei's deranged mind a second time.
  • Is having his life story dissected in front of his crush by an evil Breeze.

Backtrack does give the impression of mental instability... which is odd, since he's one of the sanest Epics to work for the Empire of Light. :P It would be nice on our end to give Backtrack a break from the crazy whirlwind of a day he's had so far.

• Came to a new town.
  • Had to travel to The Dalles in what was presumably an awkward and gloomy car trip.
  • Threw up.
  • Almost threw up again from staring into Koschei's deranged mind a second time.

C'mon, Kobold, what are you thinking? Phil and Autumn cannot be shipped until they have been properly ponified. :P 

That is pretty ironic. Oh, well. Those soldiers are used to Epics being a bunch of crazy slontzes. 

Any more trauma and he'll lock himself in a closet, shouting for the Twins to just shove food through the crack below the door, then curl up and whimper. At least once he knows Koschei is dead, he'll be able to look into his mind with a bit more confidence. Or, at the very least, he'll be able to think "LOL you're gonna die" every time he looks into his mind. :P 

Steelheart would love Quota.

• Came to a new town.
  • Threw up.

He decided to work for the empire, that´s enough insanity when compared to a normal fellow.

We can be really mean to our characters, can´t we?

If she were ever made aware of this MV would go out with him just to creep him out more frequently. :P

Still a score for Backtrack. :P